acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

The sitting module appears in both the latest version of ACE and in ACEX.  Is this intentional, and if so what are the differences between them.  It's not immediately obvious.

The sitting module appears in both the latest version of ACE and in ACEX.  Is this intentional, and if so what are the differences between them.  It's not immediately obvious.

It is intentional, we have moved sitting from ACE3 to ACEX and it will be removed in ACE3 in version 3.8.0, until then backwards compatibility will be kept. The component is considered out of scope and has been moved for that reason, everyone should switch to the new ACEX version as soon as they can, warnings will also be printed in the RPT when using the ACE3 one. Currently they are exactly the same, but in the future any changes it in will be in ACEX version only, only critical bugs will be fixed in ACE3 version.

Can someone answer Sahbazz above? I am experiencing the same problem.

http://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/maptools.html

Function of the Map Tools does not make sense.

I expect revival of the 「Drawing linesã€,「Maps copyã€.

Sadly they decided to remove the Line Drawing since the Vanilla games (Since 1.58) allow those handpainted lines.

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/3859

I prefered the old lines. Some guys of my unit dont see, for some wierd reason, vanilla lines on CTab...

Maybe we get a tool to make straight lines in the future? :)

Double Post... Sorry. Please delete

Sadly they decided to remove the Line Drawing since the Vanilla games (Since 1.58) allow those handpainted lines.

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/3859

I prefered the old lines. Some guys of my unit dont see, for some wierd reason, vanilla lines on CTab...

Maybe we get a tool to make straight lines in the future? :)

Thank you for me a reply :-)

I wish for making of a straight line.

Agreed, straight lines was awesome and very useful for making easy-to-do private path markers/drawings :)

Swissmag: PM:ed you regarding the vanilla line drawing and cTab.

Btw, really appreciate the update. Love the work you are dooing :)

Small issue:

With the last version of ACE, Refueling worked perfectly , but we are currently running into problems with 3.6.0.

We have 4 Servers, one of those is running an insurgency. (Modpack is the same)

We can pickup the fuel nozzle, but after we select the helicopter and select Connect Fuel Nozzle, the LMB-Action doesnt connect the nozzle.

Most of the time it works on the first 3 Servers, but it never works on the insurgency server... (We tried the MELB and the CUP MH60S)

Would appreciate some tipps how to tackle this. :)

Hey all.

I've got a weard problem. I'm using only ACE3 and CBA3 both patched to curent stabile version and I tested the Vanilla AT launcher (the Javelin like one). I aim at the tank, hold Tab for lock, the launcher locks to target and I fire, while still holding the Tab button.

Now for the weard part. The rocket never hits the tank. I shot about 10x at the tank, using both the TOP and DIRECT mode, from 1km, 500m and 300m and the rocket never hits the tank.

Has anyone had a similar problem.

Let me just say that I have been using the ACE3 since relise and have been using the launcher without problem until now. 

Any ideas?

Can someone answer Sahbazz above? I am experiencing the same problem.

Seems to be a bug (https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/3937) but we can't reproduce it, any help is appreciated, in forms of RPT, detailed descriptions... etc.

Btw, really appreciate the update. Love the work you are dooing :)

Small issue:

With the last version of ACE, Refueling worked perfectly , but we are currently running into problems with 3.6.0.

We have 4 Servers, one of those is running an insurgency. (Modpack is the same)

We can pickup the fuel nozzle, but after we select the helicopter and select Connect Fuel Nozzle, the LMB-Action doesnt connect the nozzle.

Most of the time it works on the first 3 Servers, but it never works on the insurgency server... (We tried the MELB and the CUP MH60S)

Would appreciate some tipps how to tackle this. :)

Please create an issue on GitHub with all necessary information, we can't do anything otherwise.

Hey all.

I've got a weard problem. I'm using only ACE3 and CBA3 both patched to curent stabile version and I tested the Vanilla AT launcher (the Javelin like one). I aim at the tank, hold Tab for lock, the launcher locks to target and I fire, while still holding the Tab button.

Now for the weard part. The rocket never hits the tank. I shot about 10x at the tank, using both the TOP and DIRECT mode, from 1km, 500m and 300m and the rocket never hits the tank.

Has anyone had a similar problem.

Let me just say that I have been using the ACE3 since relise and have been using the launcher without problem until now. 

Any ideas?

I too have noticed this problem, but I would guess it has to involve further complexity in missions or coding.

If you were to make a mission in the editor with an AT guy with the Titan at a basic tank/APC, it works flawlessly. However, to give the specifics of how it got bugged for me, the weapon makes a firing noise but nothing happens in the mission Bingo Fuel, which I needed to bring a Titan in for. Maybe something in either the base code or one of the mods is essentially not running fully?

Using the tube RPG that runs out in one use which also locks on (the name escapes me) appears to work fine in that exact same mission. I swapped between the two on the fly and the Titan simply doesn't work when fired. I thought my issue may have been another mod or something I altered via a single player cheat mod so I restarted the whole mission, but this issue happens without those variables in play.

Guys need to ask here before reporting anything. There is strange issue with ACE 3 settings, those which appear in pause menu. When i'm using RHS mod, it also appear in main menu, exacly in the place, where it appear in pause menu, covering to half of its size single player menu. Issue happens only with RHS so far, but i cant report it for RHS feedback or topic on forum, as they "Dont want my reports".

Fuel system is working in mp. Nozzle in hand and I noticed the hose rope mesh object is missing.

Fuel system is working in mp. Nozzle in hand and I noticed the hose rope mesh object is missing.

It is known when you use non-vehicle objects, ropes cannot be attached to those. If it happens on vehicles please report on GitHub.

No damage from 230mm Artillery.   Even with earlier versions of ACE3

How do you refuel from gas stations using ACE? I can't figured it out.

Is there a way to recharge  rocket in  titan static launcher, mortars   (using ace3 or vanilla). SAme questions about  recharge tanks rounds in game with ace 3

• Like 1

I didn't see an answer to this before, but has door breaching (via breaching charge, shotgun, whatever) been considered for ACE3?

How do you refuel from gas stations using ACE? I can't figured it out.[/size]

Is it even possible to do so?

I'm another who is having issues with Javelin launchers firing, yet the missile never comes down and strikes the target.

Is this still an open issue or is a fix already planned?

• Like 2

ACE3 v3.6.1 Released

This version of ACE3 requires Arma 3 v1.62. The Apex expansion is not required but is supported.

ACE3 v3.6.1 requires CBA Version 2.4.1 or later.

Download: Github

Release page: Github

Please report issues found at our Github issue tracker. Please follow the "How to report an issue" guidelines.

CHANGE LOG SUMMARY

ADDED:

• Add reload mutex as canInteractWith condition (#4062)
  • Add Drag/Drop Keybind (#4034)
  • Add goggle setting for level of effects (#3997)

CHANGED:

• Enable gunbag for all non-machinegun primary weapons (#4063)
  • Allow defusing naval mines (#4078)
  • Tweak spotting scope anims / mem points (#4060)
  • Make ace news fit apex menu style (#4051)
  • Mine detector optimization and cleanup (#4052)
  • Refuel - Simplify Actions, Fix Van_01 config (#4047)

FIXED:

• Fix broken revive and full heal (#4056)
  • Fix overheating spare barrels (#4045)
  • Fix pboProject converting boolean to numbers in UI config (#4041)
  • Fix aggressive overlap detection (#4040)
  • Fix cargo event name - spare parts not being added (#4037)
  • Fix no attack profile on static titan launcher (#4023)

REMOVED:

• Remove redundant getMagazineIndex compatibility function (#4065)
  • Remove remaining >> signs from interaction menu (#4061)

DOCUMENTATION:

• Cleanup Event Documentation for 3.6.0 (#4039)
  • Like 11

Liking the sound of the drag key bind. So many times died while fumbling to "interact" and grab a buddy out if the line of fire...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hey guys curious if anyone else is having this issue. With ACE3 installed (newest update 3.6.1). I can not choose the "M200 intervention tropic" and then select the LRPS Tropic scope. It just doesnt show up in the scope selection window at all. However if i load vanilla it does show up. Anyone else experiencing this or is it just me. 

Thanks ACE team for getting the update out so fast btw !

• Like 1

I'd also like to report a small issue, I just want to know if I'm the only one; Any custom keybindings that involve keys like R or G, do the default function. Because of that, by default I can't check my ammo or change grenade throws, as it'll just reload and throw a grenade respectively.

I'm guessing it's a mod conflict or a goofed installation on my part, but I just want to be sure.

Edit: It's also an issue that appears to be exclusive to this new version of ace; Reverting back to 3.6.0 has the key bindings working like normal with no other changes.

Edited by Dusty9261
  • Like 1

Thank you very much for the update! CBA is also updated to 2.5.0 if someone would ask ;)

• Like 1