acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

I have tested that current version of EODS mod having issues with Medical System, instant death..

It would be very nice if modules/features like radio, realistic names, ballistics etc. could be toggled via config options :) (if possible). I know it is all modular and one can simply remove and add pbo"s to its liking, but there are so many kind of scenarios and playstyles that do not work with some modules while the same modules work brilliant in different scenarios . It is simply inconvenient to remove and add modules all the time just for removing or adding a feature temporary, especially when using the Steam version which makes removing pbo"s a pain in the behind.

Not nagging or complaining just my thoughts... thx for your amazing work :)

We'd do that but it is literally impossible, because we cannot change config entries, which these names are, via script including modules.

This has always been the case, but we implemented the warning messages now

Thanks for the answer. But I think that we should still have the choice to don't get the compatibility between ACE and RHS even if we use the two mods. But that's not a real problem, thanks for the answer, I already know how to use an optional file, I'll add these two PBO in ACE folder and the message will be gone.

I have a question. maybe it's related to something I don't see until there. I know that in the medical system, we can grab a body of an AI or other player to drag it under cover when injured. But can you adapt this system to the dead ones ? That can be really great and helpful in stealth missions. Maybe it's already implemented, and I don't find the way to use it.

Thanks for the answer. But I think that we should still have the choice to don't get the compatibility between ACE and RHS even if we use the two mods. 

My guess is the warnings are there so people don't log tickets with ACE/RHS saying "x doesn't work" when it's a compatibility issue that can be avoided.

I have a question about ACEX. do clients need those addons? Or can they be serverside only. Would be very convenient if it was.

Am i the only one who can only check the temp of another person's machine gun, but not able to link belts like i used to, or change my own or another person's barrel?

If you are using ACE together with RHS, you'll have to move "ace_compat_rhs_afrf3" and "ace_compat_rhs_usf3" from the @ACE\optionals folder to the @ACE\addons folder.

This error message is warning you that RHS content will not work as expected with ACE features.

This has always been the case, but we implemented the warning messages now.

Thanks commy2,  I actually like the warning messages, helps me keep my groups mod repository in check. Loving the update so far. Most things that were giving my group issues seem to have been fixed. Great work !!!

• Like 4

Hey guys. So I like the behavior of hit AI when they fall down, but I feel they fall down too fast. Is there some way to adjust the animation speed?

For justification: I like the idea that when an AI goes down, I don't really know if they're actually out of the game and might give me trouble later. However, they fall down so fast I realise that they are falling because of scripting not dying, even at a great distance. If they fell down at roughly the same speed they would if dead, this would give me more to think about :)

Hey guys, congrats for the new release.

I've got a problem:

When I place the ACE Rearm module in the editor the only option I get is "Rearm Amount" - nothing like "Ammunition supply" determing how much ammo an ammotruck can carry (Like shown in your wiki). I downloaded my version of 3.6 via PW6 - is that a broken version? Can someone confirm?

Hi ACE Team,

Is there a function that I could call that would cause the fragmentation effect?

Thanks in advance.

It is all done through config, see http://ace3mod.com/wiki/framework/frag-framework.html

Not sure if I missed it, but does this add the supposedly new grenade system to so you can throw grenades into windows and such easier?

I think this feature was pushed to 3.7.0 Milestone because of some issues.

@ACE-Dev's. Congrats on release. Looking sweet.

Not because of any issues, it is functional but we decided to release it with 3.7.0 after extensive testing, it is something you do very often and we want it to work as perfectly as possible.

After today's update, I can no longer see my teammate icons as a squad leader.

Is this a feature? Is there a way to re-enable it?

Does anyone else have issues with "Prevent Instant" death not working if there is a headless client?

EDIT: To clarify, the same mission run with and without headless client

WITH HEADLESS: AI instantly kills player no matter what armour player has or weapon AI is using

WITHOUT HEADLESS: Medical system and revive system works

This is a bit problematic as we use ALIVE and Headless client to keep the AI responsive and the lag down. Does anyone have/had this issue that knows of a solution?

I have tested that current version of EODS mod having issues with Medical System, instant death..

Proper reports on issue tracker or issues don't exist. :)

I have a question about ACEX. do clients need those addons? Or can they be serverside only. Would be very convenient if it was.

Everyone needs them, it works exactly the same as ACE3. The only difference is the content itself, ACEX contains and will contain components that are considered out of scope for ACE3 itself.

Yeah, remove the bomb suit pbo from EODS to fix the instant death. There is a conflict in the suit event handlers somewhere.

• Like 2

How to use ACEX Headless Client? Any teaching Description?

Like to know too...Btw,any way to make planes not explode by walking up to them,doing something on the ground with ACE 3? I just want them to fall down somewhere in game,nothing else happening.

Player can then try to find the planes,and such.

Keep it coming!

Greetings Members of the ACE team,

I am having a rather large issue at the moment. When running only latest stable version of A3, latest version of CBA and the latest version of ACE I am not able to access the interaction and self interaction menus while in game.

I have checked my RPT file and am getting a lot of errors. I have posted a small selection below.

15:21:38 Error in expression <\addons\modules\XEH_PREP.hpp"

[QPATHTOF(functions\fnc_moduleInit.sqf), "ace_mod>
15:21:38   Error position: <(functions\fnc_moduleInit.sqf), "ace_mod>
15:21:38   Error Missing ]
15:21:38 File z\ace\addons\modules\XEH_PREP.hpp, line 2
15:21:38 Error in expression <\addons\modules\XEH_PREP.hpp"

[QPATHTOF(functions\fnc_moduleInit.sqf), "ace_mod>
15:21:38   Error position: <(functions\fnc_moduleInit.sqf), "ace_mod>
15:21:38 File z\ace\addons\modules\XEH_PREP.hpp, line 2
15:21:38 Error in expression <e\addons\common\XEH_PREP.hpp"

[QPATHTOF(functions\fnc_addCanInteractWithConditi>
15:21:38   Error position: <(functions\fnc_addCanInteractWithConditi>
15:21:38 File z\ace\addons\common\XEH_PREP.hpp, line 2
15:21:38 Error in expression <e\addons\common\XEH_PREP.hpp"

[QPATHTOF(functions\fnc_addCanInteractWithConditi>
15:21:38   Error position: <(functions\fnc_addCanInteractWithConditi>
15:21:38 File z\ace\addons\common\XEH_PREP.hpp, line 2
15:21:38 Error in expression <dons\disposable\XEH_PREP.hpp"

[QPATHTOF(functions\fnc_replaceATWeapon.sqf), "ac>
15:21:38   Error position: <(functions\fnc_replaceATWeapon.sqf), "ac>
15:21:38 File z\ace\addons\disposable\XEH_PREP.hpp, line 2
15:21:38 Error in expression <dons\disposable\XEH_PREP.hpp"

[QPATHTOF(functions\fnc_replaceATWeapon.sqf), "ac>
15:21:38   Error position: <(functions\fnc_replaceATWeapon.sqf), "ac>

Has anybody else had any issues such as this. I downloaded my copy from PWS.

Just downloaded from Armaholic and getting the same issue. No access to either interaction menu.

Do I need to be running ACEX as well or is there a module I need to put into the mission to get the menu working?

Hi Team,

I repost my question, it's not easy to answer to everybody at each time, but if you have an answer or something planed for that, that can be really a nice feature  :)

I have a question. maybe it's related to something I don't see until there. I know that in the medical system, we can grab a body of an AI or other player to drag it under cover when injured. But can you adapt this system to the dead ones ? That can be really great and helpful in stealth missions. Maybe it's already implemented, and I don't find the way to use it.

Thanks  ;)

Post the full RPT file or we can't help you. Thanks.

I repost my question, it's not easy to answer to everybody at each time, but if you have an answer or something planed for that, that can be really a nice feature  :)

I've answered this question hundrets of times in the last years. Google it...

I've answered this question hundrets of times in the last years

Sorry, I'm here since not long, I just can't read absolutely all the threads and questions. And I asked because I don't find anything anywhere before of course.

I'll search and find by myself and don't asking any question anymore  ;)

Sorry, I'm here since not long, I just can't read absolutely all the threads and questions. And I asked because I don't find anything anywhere before of course.

I'll search and find by myself and don't asking any question anymore  ;)

I do not know the answer to this question, however, you can drag dead bodies if you place them in a bodybag ;)

Hey guys, some questions:

1. How do I add Ammotrucks (vehicles for rearming) and/or Fueltrucks to the system. In the repair modul I can assign repair vehicles - but didn't see that for rearm/refuel. Atm CUP or RHS support vehicles don't work for me.

2. How do I change the amount of ammo an ammotruck contains. Seems to me it has an unlimited amount of shells of every caliber atm.

3. Is there a way to add additional pressure suits to the list of pilot suits - I think only the vanilla ones prevent passing out from G forces?

Thanx in advance guys.

Like to know too...

Simply setup your mission with headless client entities as you would otherwise, then place "ACEX Headless" module and set it to enabled. You may also enable log if you want to make sure it works, it will print messages in the RPT on headless client connection and disconnection and when balancing is triggered. There is nothing else to do. I will look into getting the documentation for it up soon, wrote a nice description of how it works.

• Like 2

Will the HCLB kick in for zeus placed units too?

Proper reports on issue tracker or issues don't exist. :)

Nevermind, my problem was solved.

Somehow the latest version set "group bar" to disable by default.

Hey all.

I've got a weard problem. I'm using only ACE3 and CBA3 both patched to curent stabile version and I tested the Vanilla AT launcher (the Javelin like one). I aim at the tank, hold Tab for lock, the launcher locks to target and I fire, while still holding the Tab button.

Now for the weard part. The rocket never hits the tank. I shot about 10x at the tank, using both the TOP and DIRECT mode, from 1km, 500m and 300m and the rocket never hits the tank.

Has anyone had a similar problem.

Let me just say that I have been using the ACE3 since relise and have been using the launcher without problem until now. 

Any ideas?

I want, nay, I need to limit my player's vehicle speed. ACE³ offers the speed limiter for vehicles. I hope there's some sort of way to force a player's vehicle never to surpass a certain velocity during a mission.