acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

I have a question about ACE's medical Module. My unit commander insists that he has used settings in the medical module to prevent players from dying at all. He says players will fall unconcious but never die. Is there really a way to do that?

I have a question about ACE's medical Module. My unit commander insists that he has used settings in the medical module to prevent players from dying at all. He says players will fall unconcious but never die. Is there really a way to do that?

Yes, you drop down the ACE Revive module. put the number of revives to -1 and revive time to something like 1 hour and people will never die.

But doing something like that is one of the dumbest things any mission maker can do. As soon as players realize they can't die why would they play with strategy and tactics? You have essentially enabled god mode to some extent and things will just go down hill from there.

My group uses the revive system with a 180 second revive time and 2 revives (essentially giving the player 3 lives).

But doing something like that is one of the dumbest things any mission maker can do. As soon as players realize they can't die why would they play with strategy and tactics? You have essentially enabled god mode to some extent and things will just go down hill from there.

For larger coop missions that's pretty much exactly the way to go. Players wouldn't be able to play for the whole revive time - that still is something people consider to be less fun. With a revive timer of 180 seconds every kind of rescue mission is bound to fail.

We play with a 45 minute revive timer and unlimited revive lives - that way if some players get really wrecked up the others have enough time to organize a rescue mission or bring their lifeless bodies back to base and get them back into action eventually. But sometimes even that fails.

Not being able to die and god mode are two very different things with ace.

Same here, we use it in a very similar way. We strive to have as few respawns as humanly possible and only allow then if ppl disconnect, crash or arma just being arma. So, that means no respawns and a 12000 second revive timer (lives set to -1) and if you get shot you'll lie there until either you're lucky enough to wake up by yourself or until a medic is able to get to you.

So, theoretically .... if you're unlucky and get shot at an early stage and your entire group is somehow deaf, dumb and blind you could be lying there the entire mission .... :)

Not to spark and debate, hell its your server you can do what you want.

Then you shouldn't call the settings I choose the "dumbest things any mission maker can do". ;)

The thing is: In small missions that aren't supposed to last longer than an hour it's perfectly fine to have a punitive revive system. But the larger coop missions for some communities last around 4-5 hours and have 40-80 players, deployed in a whole variety of manners. That means that most of the time you don't have 15-30 players around you - at least not in a way that 3 minutes would be enough to get to your position and transport you back to base. If I have 5-10 players who are solely working on CASEVAC and MEDEVAC, they should be entertained too.

Staring at a flickering black screen for 45 minutes is still punishment enough though - I don't know any players who find that remotely funny.

Hello,

For the past few weeks, many people in my group started having issues with the ACE menus (and also TFAR interface) not loading after joining the game. Most of the time this can be solved by leaving and re-joining the server, multiple times if needs be. This is becoming a bit of a problem, especially when it happens to like 10 peeps out of 40 players. It incurs delays and frustrations.

I'd like to know if anyone else is having that issue, or if there is a known cause/fix. I cant provide an RPT right now but i can try to dig up something if someone thinks it can help.

Hello. 

I have a small issue with ACE, but i guess it mostly comes from my lack of knowledge.

I'm trying to make a civilian unconscious for my mission, so i placed 

[civ1, true] call ace_medical_fnc_setUnconscious; 

In his init field. He didn't go unconscious and died instantly, so i applied him some damage to simulate a wound to would make him fall unconscious and it worked. The issue i have now is that he doesn't stay unconscious, he "wakes up" after 10 or 15 seconds, or instantly wakes up if i drag him around and release him. Any idea ? Thanks. 

Hello,

For the past few weeks, many people in my group started having issues with the ACE menus (and also TFAR interface) not loading after joining the game. Most of the time this can be solved by leaving and re-joining the server, multiple times if needs be. This is becoming a bit of a problem, especially when it happens to like 10 peeps out of 40 players. It incurs delays and frustrations.

I'd like to know if anyone else is having that issue, or if there is a known cause/fix. I cant provide an RPT right now but i can try to dig up something if someone thinks it can help.

My group is experiencing this too as well. 

My group is experiencing this too as well. 

RPT or we can't help.

Hello. 

I have a small issue with ACE, but i guess it mostly comes from my lack of knowledge.

I'm trying to make a civilian unconscious for my mission, so i placed 

[civ1, true] call ace_medical_fnc_setUnconscious; 

In his init field. He didn't go unconscious and died instantly, so i applied him some damage to simulate a wound to would make him fall unconscious and it worked. The issue i have now is that he doesn't stay unconscious, he "wakes up" after 10 or 15 seconds, or instantly wakes up if i drag him around and release him. Any idea ? Thanks. 

Make sure that AI Unconsciousness is "enabled" in the ACE medic module. When it's "disabled", AI will never go unconscious but instead die. When it's set to "50/50", AI will die half of the time instead of going unconscious.

Hard to play the game without this mod now. Even better than ACE2 overall. Congrats.

Small aesthetic feedback: (Self interact key)

The interact key works great. If the player is going to heal someone etc he is forced to look around and it makes sense. If a person has a leg injury, you look at hes leg before sorting it. Self interact however looks strange. You see people randomly look up into the sky, aim their weapon at people unintended or similar twitches because they are looking at the self interact menu, but I noticed that IF you ADS before pressing the self interact key. You get a mouse menu instead which does not movie your weapons view. I think this, the mouse cursor menu that is, looks more realistic from other peoples point of view and should be considered being the default for Self interact even if the person is not ADSing. I dont need to wave my weapon around in the air to pull out my personal first aid bandage.

Ok guys there is this server that runs RHS, ACE3, Bundeswehr mod however i cant play on the server still i need to do something with the addons and optionals what do i do? There is an error and it ejects me from the server the how do i make them work together

is there any chance of seeing a return of the cook off effect for tanks that was in agm 

• Like 3

Hi guys, i love your mod, keep up the great work!

I'm editing some missiles for a mod for my team but I can't figure out some stuff and I can't find an explanation anywhere.

English isn't my first language, sorry for the mistakes I could make if you dont understand something just tell me I'll try to say it otherwise.

-How do those values work? I don't understand the flap deflection thing :/
minDeflection = 0.00025;  // Minimum flap deflection for guidance
maxDeflection = 0.001;  // Maximum flap deflection for guidance
incDeflection = 0.0005;  // The increment in which deflection adjusts

-How exactly do those seeker types work in game ?
"SALH", "LIDAR", "SARH", "Optic", "Thermal", "GPS", "SACLOS", "MCLOS"
From what i understand
SALH : semi-active Laser Homing, lock on laser, laser must stay on target.
SARH : semi-active radar homing, lock with the radar, fire and forget.
SACLOS : Semi-automatic command to line of sight, the missile goes where you aim.
MCLOS : Manual command to line of sight. Outdated way of launching missile where you kinda control his movement by swinging the optics of the launcher ?
LIDAR : Laser Infrared raDAR, not a clue for that one.
Optic : like for the Javelin, go thermal, zoom in, lock-on a target with a thermal signature, fire-and-forget.
Thermal : I thought it would be something like the optic, but not sure what's the difference.
GPS : you must have to enter some coordinate somehow, but i don't know how to use it

-Which seeker lock mode, LOAL and LOBL, are compatible with which seeker type ?
I mean, can i get a Thermal seeking missile LOAL ?

-What are the different attack profile ?
"LIN" : linear attack.
"DIR" : straight to the target ?
"MID" : flyin mid-air ?
"HI" : top-attack ?

What are the link between the attack profile and the deflection ?

edit : is this feature still in early wip ?

Loving the new update! Im having an few issue though

Repairing: Also I defined a repair facility but it does not repair my vehicles, also tried using an NATO engineer both with and without a toolkit but I still had the same problem.

I was also wondering if there is something I can put in the units init to enable FRIES without syncing with the module? I want to equip some ALIVE transport helos which use modules instead of actual units and syncing them didnt seem to work

Thanks!

also quick question in regards to the medical stuff, for assigning medical vehicles via the module you just put in the classname correct (Im almost positive but I saw a video where the individual put the unit name and not the classname in)? When adding vehicles it says to separate with a comma, does it require just a comma or a comma and a space? Also I was wondering about the revive module, when placed enable revive is set to disabled, does that disable the whole module?

Also do you sync the medical facility module directly to an object or create a trigger which you sync to the module?

Thanks!

Hi, I got a problem, not sure if caused by ACE:
On the premission briefing for Campaign, I can't change the load out for my character or my AI teamamte. Everytime I close the menu, the game would revert it to default equipment.

The only mods I am using right now is CBA and ACE3.

Hi,

would it be possible to use the function to save and load gear into and from an array in our mod without the need of ACE3 ? We have this mod: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/187092-sru-persistent-database-and-resupply/and would make it possible for some to use it on a public server without any other mods running. We would mention ACE3 in the credits.

Hello ÐСЕ-team!

Is it possible in the next update to make the "magic box", as it was in AСE2?

Hello ÐСЕ-team!

Is it possible in the next update to make the "magic box", as it was in AСE2?

Isn't that the exact thing the Arsenal crates do?

• Like 2

I sorted ti out i had to copy and paste optionals into add ons of all the mods

Post RPT