acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

We've had seagull spawns too. Only since the last update

SJ

We've had seagull spawns too. Only since the last update

SJ

I cut out the modules and now use the exported settings instead. I also moved the spawn area (and respawn area) outside and away from things that could cause a collision issue and it seemed to possibly have remedied a lot of the issues. I can't confirm until tonight though.

Is ace fast rope availability on modded helicopters controllable through config code during game play?

EDIT:

I was trying to use ace_fastroping_enabled = 0/1 but suspect the correct way is to create a custom FRIES.

I'm not sure what you mean with "during gameplay". You cannot change the config while the game runs, if you mean that.

Otherwise, the helicopter needs the proper config for "accepting" a FRIES, but you do not need to create your own FRIES model if you don't want to. You can instead use simple attachment points or one of the existing FRIES. You can find more information about that on the ACE3 wiki.

I sometimes use setdamage 1 on all east units near me so that I can test and debug what happens when all the enemy AI are dead.

But now that I'm using ACE medical, they don't all die. I'm assuming this is because some of the, perhaps those in vehicles, are put unconscious when their vehicle is destroyed and they survive to come back concious again shortly afterwards.

Is there a way I can be sure to kill all east units without them potentially surviving in this way?

{
    if (side group _x == east) then {
        _x setDamage 1;
    };
} forEach allUnits

I think you were using the "entities" or "allMissionObjects" commands, which are buged and don't return units inside vehicles.

I sometimes use setdamage 1 on all east units near me so that I can test and debug what happens when all the enemy AI are dead.

But now that I'm using ACE medical, they don't all die. I'm assuming this is because some of the, perhaps those in vehicles, are put unconscious when their vehicle is destroyed and they survive to come back concious again shortly afterwards.

Is there a way I can be sure to kill all east units without them potentially surviving in this way?

If you place an ACE Medical module down there is a setting for "AI Unconsciousness", by default it's set to 50%.

I am curious. Has anyone else had an issue with players spawning in as the ace modules before? 

I seem to have narrowed it down to when they lose connection and rejoin and/or when they get disconnected by the server due to mod issues.

They also sometimes spawn as a seagull instead too...

Seagulls are a result of the Eden editor update. If you use the 2D editor this doesn't happen.

I manually removed the class that has the spawning part. Then did it the old fashioned way with the description.ext. It seems to be solved now.

Hello ACE Team i Have a Suggestion is it Possible that you Guy's ad an Acction to Pack a Backpack on Chest for Parachuting ? This wouldbe a Rly Cool and Needed Feature

{
    if (side group _x == east) then {
        _x setDamage 1;
    };
} forEach allUnits

I think you were using the "entities" or "allMissionObjects" commands, which are buged and don't return units inside vehicles.

I was.

{if(side _x isEqualTo east)then{_x setdamage 1}}foreach (player nearentities 1000)

Exactly. And nearEntities skips units inside vehicles, so you can't do that reliably.

Hello ACE Team i Have a Suggestion is it Possible that you Guy's ad an Acction to Pack a Backpack on Chest for Parachuting ? This wouldbe a Rly Cool and Needed Feature

Unfortunately that's not possible to do without causing issues due to some technical limits. You can find more information here: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/pull/2794

Exactly. And nearEntities skips units inside vehicles, so you can't do that reliably.

And of course, I now get a bunch of BMPs and BTRs stopped in the AO with their engines running. lol.

And of course, I now get a bunch of BMPs and BTRs stopped in the AO with their engines running. lol.

You can figure that one out yourself ;)

It is already in..isn´t it?!

Unfortunately that's not possible to do without causing issues due to some technical limits. You can find more information here: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/pull/2794

I Know It's Possible There is a Extern Mod Out there That Adds exact This to the Ace Interface But and That is the Reason why i Ask you Guy's We Wont use too much Different mods for our Public Server

I Know It's Possible There is a Extern Mod Out there That Adds exact This to the Ace Interface But and That is the Reason why i Ask you Guy's We Wont use too much Different mods for our Public Server

They know that is possible, but if you read the github link he send you, you'll see why they don't choose to implement it. It will simply break other things!

As soon as someone finds a way to not break anything with it then they'll happily take it in. (That's what I understood from the Link!)

@Moon_chilD reread the PR, it doesn't break anything per se, it just doesn't work.

@Moon_chilD reread the PR, it doesn't break anything per se, it just doesn't work.

Okay, can see that. Duh~ stupid me. However, it says it breaks ACRE or TFR xD

But you are right. >.<

I think someone pulled a april fools prank on your website. Just sayin.  :lol:

Hey gang, just wondering if there is a way of scripting in a way of being able to use the PAK (Personal Aid Kit) on yourself? I can only use it on other people.Cheers :)

Hello all,

I have a suggestion which could really improve the realism factor of managing equipment in Arma 3 and how to make a more realistic in the way we use our inventory.

Obviously in real life when someone has to bring up a compass, map or sidearm, they have to drop their rifle. Instead of going through a unrealistic animation of putting the rifle on the back just to bring out a pistol (which if needed is going to be needed in an emergency or very quickly) as in real life you would have a sling so you can drop your primary and bring out your side arm. Obviously for some players putting their rifle down to bring out a compass would be very awkward and unwanted, perhaps like everything else this could be a modular feature.

I first came across this idea in Arma itself as when changing to the pistol on an offroad using FFV. Look at screenshots.

Primary out - gyazo.com/bcea5845932a6efc263ca71189786f4c

Switches to Secondary - gyazo.com/222aaad8da30c17c774aa3d50f897d1b

As you can see, when my character switches to his secondary his rifle drops down like it's attached to a 3 point sling (just like real life). I believe it would be a realistic and welcoming to groups to see this implimented where the rifle drops when the player switches to his side arm or uses equipment such as the compass or map. This encourages communication between members to cover each other as they check maps, and during contact they will have to use fire control orders and target indications to spot the enemy instead of pulling out a compass unrealistically. If it could be implemented when on foot and not just as part of FFV.

Example in real life - Royal Marines - youtu.be/tBSA0eVXlyQ?t=53s

His rifle has a stoppage so instead of going through the lengthy process of putting the rifle on his back to draw a pistol, he lets it drop so he can draw his pistol.

Thanks  :)

• Like 1

Hi, by the looks of it, it's such a great addon & I tried to use it on my arma 3 but it gives me an error, I can't remember the exact saying of the error but it had goggles in it ? Anyone know how to fix it ?

I opened the game again & this is the error

Bad animation file format in file

'z\ace\addons\goggles\anim\wipeglasses.rtm'.