acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

I am having a few issues with the Javelin firing modes. 

#1: The Javelin only seems to respond to the Vanilla ARMA controls, not the ACE lock-on bind.

#2: I am unable to switch the weapon from Direct to Top Down using any key binding or combination.

I think it's a CBA side issue.

So, I've recently updated to the newest version of ACE3 and now I have no interaction menus.  Anyone know what's going on?  I've got explosives and medical supplies in my inventory but when I hit the interaction menu, nothing appears.

I am sad. :( 

Is it just me or has overdosing been disabled in this version. We played a spy mission tonight using advanced medical.

I gave someone 12 morphine followed by 9 Epi and the guy didn't pass out. Which we all found rather strange. We were using full advanced medical system with advanced wounds and bandages heal hit points.

Works for me. I was able to poison my fellow teammember some times with the new ACE version. Only for morphine and soon they saw stars! ^^

I keep hearing that ACE is causing SAVE issues is this correct is it realy ACE`s fault as I cant see why?.

I keep hearing that ACE is causing SAVE issues is this correct is it realy ACE`s fault as I cant see why?.

Arma 1.56 broke nested array serialization. Any sufficiently large and deep enough nested array will crash the game when loading a save.

The interaction module stores all object class names in an associative array in the mission namespace. Every class name that exists with at least one object in the mission has the full precompiled interaction tree assigned in that array. (technically there are two, one for self actions, one for interactions). This is needed to make the menu as fast as possible, as compiles during the mission would severly slow down gameplay when using the interaction menu.

In CBA v2.3.0 I introduced a previously known possibility to create virtually infinite pseudo namespaces using dummy locations as containers. Using that method severly reduces the array size, because it cuts off the first dimension of it. Instead of storing all class names in a single array, there would exist one "location" with one array for every class name. The class name would be the namespaces key and the interaction tree of that class one value.

CBA pseudo namespaces were implemented for the interaction menu in this commit: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/commit/6a58af5b33b86cde97480b20b49fa7520db5a0deand will be part of ACE 3.5.1 soon TM.

This slightly reduces the lookup times for all mission namespace variables. Apparently this also fixes these crashes, as I and everyone else that tested the commit so far no longer can reproduce them with it, while they are 100% reproducable without that commit.

The exact cause for the crashes are unknown though. The underlying issue is not fixed, which means that any mission (even without any mods) could potentially still crash. The interaction menu is most likely the largest array to be used in ACE though.

• Like 4

Awesome thanks for the fast reply.

Looking forward to the fix :)

I have a question:
In my base I have prepared several Amo and Supply boxes. The are filled up with stuff. Therefore they are to heavy to Carry or Drag. Is there any way to carry them anyway (like a function that changes its weight?)

I have a question:

In my base I have prepared several Amo and Supply boxes. The are filled up with stuff. Therefore they are to heavy to Carry or Drag. Is there any way to carry them anyway (like a function that changes its weight?)

Had the same problem today. :D

As far as I can see there currently isn't such a function. Would be great though. It's a real bummer if you have all your logistic crates ready to be carried, but one is just slightly overloaded and not carryable.

So question about the mod. I've looked around on the wiki and couldn't find an answer.

As a medic can you give yourself an IV/surgkit/pak. I was playing medic the other day and got hit. Bandaged myself up but then bandages kept coming off because I couldn't surg kit myself.

Is this an option in the module settings?

So question about the mod. I've looked around on the wiki and couldn't find an answer.

As a medic can you give yourself an IV/surgkit/pak. I was playing medic the other day and got hit. Bandaged myself up but then bandages kept coming off because I couldn't surg kit myself.

Is this an option in the module settings?

Not that I know of. Thats why we always have two medics!

Are you guys aware that the 3.5.0 update introduce malware hidden in the ace_fcs.dll?

More likely your shit AV software popped a Maria Sharapova-esque false-positive...

I highly doupt that.

Probably some sort of false positive for some reason.

Im sure one of the ace team will explain why your AV thought it could be a virus.

Where did you download your copy of ace from is more to the point?

I downloaded from the Ace 3 website.

I am using windows defender, and it is saying "Trojan:Win32/Spallowz.A!plock" is found in the file.

Does anyone know why I have no interaction menus now when using ACE3?  I hit the windows key and the little circle icon pops up, but no interactions.  Same with CTRL+WIN...

Not to be mean but why don't you use the search tool, that question has been asked multiple times and the answers have been given.

awesome mod, great work!

I can`t, or rather don`t want to play without it anymore :D

awesome mod, great work!

I can`t, or rather don`t want to play without it anymore :D

Same here, I can't play without it. Unfortunately with the current save bug, I can't even play with it.

I hope there'll be a quick fix out soon.

Same here, I can't play without it. Unfortunately with the current save bug, I can't even play with it.

I hope there'll be a quick fix out soon.

As said before the save issue seems to have been fixed in the next version of ace no eta for a patch yet tho.

Quick question. I play on an ace enabled server and use the incremental door open/close feature. However, on my own mission that I am making, the feature doesn't seem to work. I just hear a click sound when I press CTRL + SPACE (and nothing happens when scrolling mouse wheel).

Is there a module setting that I have neglected by chance?

edit: Never mind. It appears to be an issue with doors on Kunduz.

edit: Never mind. It appears to be an issue with doors on Kunduz.

Yeah, this does only work on vanilla Arma 3 buildings or buildings that use the same animations like vanilla Arma 3 buildings.

ACE3 v3.5.1 released

Download: Github

CHANGE LOG SUMMARY

FIXED:

• AI ignoring waypoints when FRIES is enabled/loaded (#3504)
  • Morphines increase blood pressure in advanced mode (#3579)
  • Script error when using morphine (#3526) (#3527)
  • Mk6 Mortar ammo handling broken on dedicated (#3557) (#3584)
  • ACE_Box_82mm_Mo_Combo is overflowing (#3491) (#3492)
  • Able to drag and carry StaticCannon (#3528) (#3566)
  • Cannot rotate explosives or ladders. (#3499) (#3507) (#3551)
  • Portable lights (and other carriable objects) might float when released in midair. (#3486) (#3497)
  • Store interaction menues in CBA Namespaces (might fix save game crashes) (#3547)
  • Problem with cargo filters in save games (#3548)
  • Reset interaction menu time variables on save game load (#3150) (#3578)
  • Sandbag not shown in 3den (#3525)
  • AI placed in editor cannot be setHandcuffed on Dedicated. (#3532) (#3536)
  • Interaction menus are still accessible while waiting for respawn (#2900) (#3575)
  • Indfor pilot has no fitting ammo (#3545) (#3549)
  • Able to refuel with running engine (#3534) (#3542)
  • Allow string input for isBackpack (#3539)
  • player markers not showing up correctly with BFT_ShowPlayerNames (#3496)
  • addActionEvents were executed in scheduled environment (#3560)
  • Broken cancel (RMB) Action (#3524)

ADDED:

• Fastroping - deployment API and waypoint (#3544)
  • Fastroping - various post-release enhancements (#3553)
  • RHS fastroping compatibility (#3519) (#3495)
  • Spanish translation to fastroping module (#3510) (#3515)
  • CBA 2.3.1 to versioning check (#3513)

CHANGED:

• Increase interaction distance with explosives from 1m to 1.5m. (#3379) (#3509)
  • Replace some Purista with Roboto (#3401)

CODE MAINTAINANCE:

• Replace usage of filter with select in tagging (#3589)
  • Fix versioning true when compiled (#3581)
  • Replaced execRemoteFnc with events (#3541) (#3542)
  • Make the FRIES inherit from Helicopter_Base_F. (#3504)
  • Added QUOTE macros to fastroping configs (#3457)
  • Standardize GVAR array brackets in configs. (#3456)
  • Like 13