acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Hey friends. I know I've asked this months ago, but is there a way to auto-initialize the AI to do self-healing if they have the resources? I don't think it's enabled out of the gate, and I feel there's an unfair state if human players are the only ones who can even use healing items.

Currently not.

Not sure if I should make a new issue on github for something this minor, but the leopard 2SG as Ace3 calls it, is actually a Leopard 2 revolution (as noted by the Rosy smoke launchers and sensors on each corner of the turret). More an fyi than a real issue :P

Anyway love the mod, you guys really improve arma a lot ;)

Thanks. I think this discussion dates back to AGM. The final verdict was, that it was a Leopard 2SG and not a Leopard 2 Revolution. I can't remember any details about it though.

I was just wondering if there is any way to totally reset the ATragMX ballistics data to its default? Before I really knew wtf I was doing..I messed with different guns and changed the information and saved it. So now, I really have no idea what the original data was and I'm sure its hell on my accuracy.

Is there a file I can delete or replace with an original? I've seen no kind of "reset" data or "default" data button on it in game.

Thanks in advance,

Shiz

Currently not.

Awh, alright.

I assume this is planned in the pipeline eventually, yes?

Could one also use ACE 3 mixed with the default BIS healing system to get the AI to heal? And if so, how would one accomplish this?

Could one also use ACE 3 mixed with the default BIS healing system to get the AI to heal? And if so, how would one accomplish this?

Awh, alright.

No. It's not that easy.

I have searched but can not seem to find an answer to my question. My friends and I have been playing with ACE enabled , with ACE missions it is great. Medical stuff works fine but last night we hit a problem.

We played a TVT(BIS stock mission) w/ ace. We had no way of healing. There were no bandages and the FAKs did not work. Anyway to make ACE use FAKs, if they are the only thing available? Or are the FAKS usable and we were just doing something wrong?

Nomad

I have searched but can not seem to find an answer to my question. My friends and I have been playing with ACE enabled , with ACE missions it is great. Medical stuff works fine but last night we hit a problem.

We played a TVT(BIS stock mission) w/ ace. We had no way of healing. There were no bandages and the FAKs did not work. Anyway to make ACE use FAKs, if they are the only thing available? Or are the FAKS usable and we were just doing something wrong?

Nomad

You need to use modules for that. In the ACE Medical Module you can modify everything.

Another question. What is the purpose of CPR in the Basic System? Also it should be that CPR in advanced is more effective. Sometimes people get hit in the chest by an AK of RHS and are instant "dead", we then have to use a First Aid Kit to bring them back. Is it possible to add something like an Defibrillator to get their heart back to beating or waking them up, because Epi doesn't really work when there is no heartbeat for a couple of minutes.

Also, is there a plan to bring back the fast roping from Helicopters and the cook off with tanks we had in AGM?

We played a TVT(BIS stock mission) w/ ace. We had no way of healing. There were no bandages and the PAKs did not work. Anyway to make ACE use FAKs, if they are the only thing available? Or are the FAKS usable and we were just doing something wrong?

Nomad

if you use ACE in a stock mission it uses the Basic medical system, meaning PAKs and Surgical kits and pretty much all bandages other than Basic Bandages don't really do anything. It basically uses the old AGM medical system - Normal troops can use Basic Bandages and Morphine for the pain. Medics use Epi and Blood bag to revive and heal injured soldiers. That is all there is to the medical system.

Also if there are no bandages grab a Vanilla First Aid Kit it turns into 2 basic bandages and a 1 morphine once in your inventory.

Hi!

Question: Is ACE removing killed eventHandlers? I have some bug on my misión when ACE is present and I am starting to think ACE changed/removed them.

@rekkless

I didn't realize the FAKs turned into bandages and morphine. That will solve the problem.

thanks for the help

Question: Is ACE removing killed eventHandlers? I have some bug on my misión when ACE is present and I am starting to think ACE changed/removed them.

No, but due to limitations of the Arma engine, and the way the medical system works, the "killer" will not be reported correctly most of the time.

There are several feature requests on the BI feedback tracker that could resolve this, e.g. http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=20284

Currently it's not possible for us to fix this - without removing the medical system that is.

• Like 1

HI, anyone know how to disable the action for taking chair ?  Thank

• Like 1

Thanks commy2!

I observed this also on AI which it was supposed not to be with any config regarding medical system. Can it be or is all related to medical system (apart from grenades as I've seen in FT)?

I observed this also on AI which it was supposed not to be with any config regarding medical system. Can it be or is all related to medical system (apart from grenades as I've seen in FT)?

Yes, the issue applies to all kinds of scripted damage, scripted projectiles etc.

By "config" I always mean the addon master config. In the addon master config, there is no difference between AI and playable units.

Hello commy2! Are there any plans for ACE refuelling system support for gas stations? (instead of the default instarefuelling based on proximity). Could be toggleable in a module or something.

On that note would it be possible to also add an option for increasing the fuel consumption rate of all vehicles? At the moment there really is no need to be concerned with fuel :p.

On that note would it be possible to also add an option for increasing the fuel consumption rate of all vehicles? At the moment there really is no need to be concerned with fuel :p.

Usually missions don't last long enough to notice, but when it comes to persistence systems you do notice it, and I think it's just about right.

Love this mod, running it on my Arma 3 Epoch server....I'm having an issue though. I cannot find anything useful on where to add people to make them medics or engineers (I want both). Do I add it through the editor and then copy it over to my mission.sqm? or do I type their UID or name some where in the server side ace modules? If so where do I place the name/UID? I've scoured the internet and not found a definite answer to these questions, any help would be great thank you

In the last week or two, I've started having the issue where pressing Windows (interact) causes Arma to minimise as soon as I release the button to select an option. Ctrl+Windows (self interact) works just fine, and my current workaround is to tap ctrl just as I release windows... but clearly this isn't ideal!

The only change in this period is our group has gone from using PW6 to ArmaSync, but I'm getting the same issue even launching just ACE from the vanilla launcher. I've had a hunt around and done some obvious things like rebinding the key and then resetting to default, but not found any obvious solutions - please help me unbreak my game! xD

So, I'm an idiot and just found out about the Optional PBO/Files in ACE.  My unit uses several of the Mods listed and I think I'm going to see if we can test out the optionals to see what effects they may have.
Does anyone have a list of affects the ACE optional PBO's interact with?

Also, what is the ACE_server Optional PBO for?

Having a weird issue on my groups server and we've done some troubleshooting and have a hunch that one of the ACE modules may be causing the issue.

Whenever any AI infantry is killed it doesn't count towards someones score on the scoreboard, the only way to achieve score is by destroying an enemy vehicle of some sort. It affects our mission because we have score requirements on certain things.

If someone could shed some light on this issue it would be appreciated.

In the last week or two, I've started having the issue where pressing Windows (interact) causes Arma to minimise as soon as I release the button to select an option. Ctrl+Windows (self interact) works just fine, and my current workaround is to tap ctrl just as I release windows... but clearly this isn't ideal!

The only change in this period is our group has gone from using PW6 to ArmaSync, but I'm getting the same issue even launching just ACE from the vanilla launcher. I've had a hunt around and done some obvious things like rebinding the key and then resetting to default, but not found any obvious solutions - please help me unbreak my game! xD

Check your keyboard, you should have a button that activates or deactivates the Windows key feature.

Having a weird issue on my groups server and we've done some troubleshooting and have a hunch that one of the ACE modules may be causing the issue.

Whenever any AI infantry is killed it doesn't count towards someones score on the scoreboard, the only way to achieve score is by destroying an enemy vehicle of some sort. It affects our mission because we have score requirements on certain things.

If someone could shed some light on this issue it would be appreciated.

A post from the previous page:

[...] due to limitations of the Arma engine, and the way the medical system works, the "killer" will not be reported correctly most of the time.

There are several feature requests on the BI feedback tracker that could resolve this, e.g. http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=20284

Currently it's not possible for us to fix this - without removing the medical system that is.

All in all, your score-limitations are either going to need to be lowered, or removed entirely, as its not going to be fixed any time soon (unless BI do something about it, or you remove the Medical system PBOs from your ACE Mod-folder).

Does anyone know why my ACE3 options menu is completely blank?

Running BC-Phoenix, BC-Tracers, CBA_3