acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

I also noticed explosives and mines cannot be defused / planted. Interact options don't show up when using Defusal Kits. Anyone else got this? 

I can't speak for defusal kits, but haven't had any issues planting explosives/attaching a clacker etc.

I try to remove advanced ballistic pbo.Nothing. I make 10-15 test and for me problem is in ace core module.

You tried it without ACE? A few are getting horrible stuttering due to sound issues at the moment.

Anything I do in the medical menu, I've found I have to do twice because it doesn't do it the first time. For example, I'll go into the medical menu and select to bandage my left leg, nothing happens, I do it again, and I bandage my left leg. Anyone else have this? Kind of annoying.

Speaking of the Medical system...

On the module or init for the medical system, there are three options.  Disabled/Basic/Advanced

My question is what effect does disabled have?  I assume its supposed to disable the medical system, but when i select this i still get the medical menus/wound effects and the auto switch medical equipment on normal game first aid kits etc.

I would really love an option to disable the Medical system, without having to get everyone to remove the medical .pbo's

• Like 1

Is there a way to remove the scope adjustment? I prefer the basic vanilla Arma 3 where PGUP and PGDN zero it by 100 meters per button push. I looked through the pbos but I am not sure which one to remove.

remove ace_scopes.pbo

New mission builder here,

How do I determine which module to sync with with other and with a unit ?

New mission builder here,

How do I determine which module to sync with with other and with a unit ?

Most ACE3 modules takes a comma separated list of objects to "support", I don't think any of them takes a sync object. Sync'd objects doesn't support JIP

• Like 1

So is the ability to tow broken vehicles not enabled or is that a special vehicle you need in ACE?

Gives me the option to hook to or un hook but does not work.

Diesel

Most ACE3 modules takes a comma separated list of objects to "support", I don't think any of them takes a sync object. Sync'd objects doesn't support JIP

Thanks for clearing that up for me. 

Reposting this from the RHS thread:

EDIT: In ACE3, I have switching between flashlight and laser bound to Shift+L, but for whatever reason this doesn't work in RHS (works with other mods). So I bound User Action 2 to Shift+L and made Accessory Action User Action 2. In-game, pressing Shift+L does nothing. Removing the Shift+L binding from ACE3, it works like a charm. So either ACE3 or RHS is creating an issue when the two bindings are the same, as I tried binding User Action 2 to something else and pressing that worked fine. I use the RHS compatibility PBOs with ACE3, why isn't this compatible?

Yes, but is the lack of compatibility for switching between flashlight and laser in ACE3 with RHS a bug?

I can switch with default control C running ace and rhs

• Like 1

Yes, but is the lack of compatibility for switching between flashlight and laser in ACE3 with RHS a bug?

ACE uses the CBA keybinding system for compatibility with other addons using the CBA system. RHS have designed their addon with standalone capability in mind (that is my understanding), so they are using their own system for keybindings.

If there is bad interaction between them, then it just sounds like an incompatibility that can't be fixed trivially. If BI were to provide a custom keybinding system in the game...  :ph34r:

However, if you are experiencing unexpected interaction between vanilla keybinds and CBA keybinds then that's an issue I'd report to the CBA team :)

• Like 2

Looks like the broken damage system still hasn't been fixed. I haven't looked into the issue in depth since last September, any new information on why this is happening?

Edit: Updated to 3.4.2, seems to be fixed in SP / Listen server, updated my post in the issue. Could someone test it in a dedicated server?

Looks like the broken damage system still hasn't been fixed. I haven't looked into the issue in depth since last September, any new information on why this is happening?

No problem on my end. Have you tried version 3.4.2 yet?

You can try to change RHS controls in pause menu.

No problem on my end. Have you tried version 3.4.2 yet?

I've updated my post on the issue from some more testing. It looks like 3.3.0 and 3.4.0 had some limb / damage updates that may have knocked out most of the weird behavior in the issue.

Speaking of the Medical system...

On the module or init for the medical system, there are three options.  Disabled/Basic/Advanced

My question is what effect does disabled have?  I assume its supposed to disable the medical system, but when i select this i still get the medical menus/wound effects and the auto switch medical equipment on normal game first aid kits etc.

I would really love an option to disable the Medical system, without having to get everyone to remove the medical .pbo's

Any chance someone knows the answer to this, whenever i post a question regarding this, it gets buried with no answer.

Question: Does anybody else have the problem, that you can't see the terrain in thermal view when it is cloudy or raining?

You can still see heat signatures but no terrain at all! (Its either pitch black or all white!)

The problem is, using an Attack Helicopter is very hard that way, since you can't distinguish whether a Target is on a hill, behind a Tree or a House.

The question is just if anybody else has that problem as well or if we need to see if any of our other mods interfere with ACE at this point!

Many Greetings

Moony

You can try to change RHS controls in pause menu.

I have done that of course, has no effect.