acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

No. The game doesn't allow you to block group channel (and global channel for the logged in admin) anymore. This is happens with and without ACE.

Edit: If you don't believe me, you can test this yourself: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/enableChannel

0 enableChannel false;
1 enableChannel false;
2 enableChannel false;
3 enableChannel false;
4 enableChannel false;
5 enableChannel false;

Where:

0 - Global
1 - Side
2 - Command
3 - Group
4 - Vehicle
5 - Direct

If you then press the keys for "next channel" and "prev channel" (default: , and .) you will notice that you can still select global channel (as admin) and group channel. The exact same thing happens with the description.ext entries. This is with or without CBA / ACE. Keep in mind that you have to test this in MP as in SP / Editor channels don't exist.

ref: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=9586

Thanks for the response, but sorry i wasnt clear enough in what my goal was. 

Happy to have group,vehicle,direct channel enabled (and global for admin). That is how it is at the moment in our missions. The problem is that even with Side and Global channels disabled, any player is still able to select Side and Global from the ACE drop down list when they create a marker. If its not possible at the moment, then please make the marker drop down box channels have the same restrictions as the default arma channels when defined in description.ext 

The problem is that even with Side and Global channels disabled, any player is still able to select Side and Global from the ACE drop down list when they create a marker. If its not possible at the moment, then please make the marker drop down box channels have the same restrictions as the default arma channels when defined in description.ext 

You are not correct again.

In vanilla Arma, even when you disable channels, you can still select them with the map marker drop down menu:

http://i.imgur.com/t0LElQp.jpg

Since the original channel drop down menu from AGM / ACE was replaced with the one introduced in vanilla, the same happened in ACE (, because we deleted ours in favour of the engine based solution by BI).

This issue was again fixed in ACE 3.4.2. See:

http://i.imgur.com/5gUGQVc.jpg

Are you using the latest version? Please upload a RPT file.

ref: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/pull/2990

Ahhhhhhh awesome! We are still on previous version, didnt know that was fixed in latest.

Thanks again

Hello everyone.

I have a question : why is my surgical kit working fine in SP, and with the same mission, isn't in MP, playing as a doctor, defined as doctor in the module ?

Hope this will help :

Addons activated : ACE 3.4.2; CBA 2.2.0.151130; TFR 0.9.8; RHS 0.4.0.1

Advanced medical settings : Surgical kit : doctors only. Remove kit  : No. Where it can be used : everywhere. Condition : unstable allowed.

Other thing, would it be possible to add a "compress wound with palm" if the victim is too badly hurt and you have no bandages or cannot put a tourniquet (chest for example) ?

Thank you for reading.

SoP

Will ACE3 ever be save game compatible? I mean fix the issue where u lose the interaction menu once u load a saved game?

I have an odd question that I cant find an answer for,when vehicles are damaged it gives me an option to hook or unhook..I assume thats for towing a vehicle back to repair pad at base but for the life of me I cant figure it out..I know ACE in A2 had tow ropes you needed..is this not implemented yet?

Diesel

Will ACE3 ever be save game compatible? I mean fix the issue where u lose the interaction menu once u load a saved game?

I was just about to put in a long explanation about this very issue. Glad I read through a few pages first. So evidently this is a known (ongoing) situation? Just to add to the quote, I am also having an issue where my "saved game" becomes corrupt and and un-reloadable. Just wanted to get this in quickly but if info is needed, just holler.

@ACE team - please is there a way to disable map markers? before we could just disable certain channels in description.ext, but now with ACE even if this is done you are still able to select any channel to place a marker on the map. so if we want to restrict map markers to direct channel for everyone, is there a way?

Thanks

Alternatively you can delete the marker.pbo (it's one of the few .pbos you can safely delete without causing issues within ACE3, similar to goggles.pbo and gforce.pbo) from your ace folder and replace it with a system of your choice. Our community uses SWT map marker for example.

Is it possible to force a unit in and out of handcuffed animation (without cable ties). Would be awesom if this was also possible with the unit on his knees. For use with hostages...

Exist a future plan in a next update for that IA treat herself and other unit via order or automatic medic role functions?

Regarding the jerry can script found https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/addons/refuel/functions/fnc_makeJerryCan.sqf 

Most games are hosted from dedicated servers and in that old piece of code, it doesn't appear to be set up to run that script server side. It won't work in it's current state.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/remoteExecCall

While firing a machine gun in automatic mode after 40-50 shots FPS drops to 13-15.Arma 1.54. Only ACE mod.

The medical module is applicable to the AI?How to set it up so  it applies to AI created using Zeus?

While firing a machine gun in automatic mode after 40-50 shots FPS drops to 13-15.Arma 1.54.

This is just an assumption on my part but it could be caused by the ACE3 event handlers which measure after every shot how much the weapon overheats and the likelihood of a weapon jam. I'm imagining that especially when firing faster rate of fire LMG's over a longer period of time (200 round boxes) that the calculations for ACE3 can get rather hectic.

Five days past, nobody answered, asking again:

Why isn't the rangefinder working? I tried pressing, holding Tab, R, T but it doesn't display the range.

Why isn't the rangefinder working? I tried pressing, holding Tab, R, T but it doesn't display the range.

Do you have ace_fcs.dll in ace folder?

Funny coincident, we discovered the exact same problem during a mission two days ago. While the Laserdesignator and Vector work fine (though different) the Rangefinder just refuses to work!

We have not deleted anything in the ACE Folder. (Ace_FCS.dll is in the folder)

I also noticed explosives and mines cannot be defused / planted. Interact options don't show up when using Defusal Kits. Anyone else got this? 

While firing a machine gun in automatic mode after 40-50 shots FPS drops to 13-15.Arma 1.54. Only ACE mod.
The medical module is applicable to the AI?How to set it up so  it applies to AI created using Zeus?

From what I have experienced...When using modules the ACE > Advanced Ballistics Module  -  Make sure you have advanced ballistics tab Disabled in FullAuto set to YES, otherwise it will calculate each and every bullet ballistic drop for machinegun automatic weapons.  This will definately cause fps drops. Hope that helps.

Care to elaborate further please? Nowhere in the over complex written script I find that it will support running MP hosted with dedicated servers. Only in SP. should remote call be placed in object or another script? I've tried both. No results.

From what I have experienced...When using modules the ACE > Advanced Ballistics Module  -  Make sure you have advanced ballistics tab Disabled in FullAuto set to YES, otherwise it will calculate each and every bullet ballistic drop for machinegun automatic weapons.  This will definately cause fps drops. Hope that helps.

I try to remove advanced ballistic pbo.Nothing. I make 10-15 test and for me problem is in ace core module.

Hey guys! 

First, thank you for this amazing mod.!!!!
But i got a question and hope anyone of you can give me a solution.

In Arma 3 you usually get Kill confirmation in chat. Like :   John Killed Josef with Ak47.
After we started using the ACE mod those confirmations did not appear any longer. 

Is there an option wich makes it possible to see them again while using the ACE mod?