acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

ACE Update day. Cool. Thanks guys.

Looking forward what you you guys dooing with the rearm/refuel/repair module. Real fun to service my rotary aircrafts in mission :)

Would be handy if we would be able to load in those those missiles / ammo for vehicles into the cargo area, so we can can setup a FARP :)

Update yayyy! Congrats on another great release! Does anyone get a pretty hefty FPS drop when using ACE in missions? 

yes... but this isn't new. ACE has always cost about 15 FPS.

yes... but this isn't new. ACE has always cost about 15 FPS.

It's really dependent on what settings you choose, some are more intensive than others. There was some really nice performance charts on github a while ago showing frame delays, would be nice to see those updated post all the cleanup and new commands (parram etc)!

Can someone please explain this one?  - Add Adaptation of fnc_makeJerryCan to new interact_menu 

Interactive JerryCans again? If so, cool. Good detail to have from Ace2 and AGM. 

Hey guys. I'm trying to make some incredibly strong winds in MCC to see if the wind really effects ballistics, but everytime i try to set the wind, it just goes back down to really small wind. Same with the rain.

i'm running the complete cup-package, cup-ace-compatibility and ace3 and i always get the following message:

[BIS_fnc_executeStackedEventHandler] ACE interaction failed to compile for some units (try adding cba_enable_auto_xeh.pbo)

i can still play though. any ideas how to fix this? or does this message mean nothing? i'm trying to figure out some weird AI behaviour, so first i wanted to get rid of every error-message. just to be safe:)

You should do what it says :)

Copy cba_enable_auto_xeh.pbo + bisign from @CBA_A3\optionals to @CBA_A3\addons

• Like 1

Can someone please explain this one?  - Add Adaptation of fnc_makeJerryCan to new interact_menu 

Interactive JerryCans again? If so, cool. Good detail to have from Ace2 and AGM. 

You can click on the link after the changelog item. https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/pull/3064

Hey guys. I'm trying to make some incredibly strong winds in MCC to see if the wind really effects ballistics, but everytime i try to set the wind, it just goes back down to really small wind. Same with the rain.

I believe if you want to alter your weather during a mission (ala MCC) then with ACE you need to possibly put the weather module down and set ace weather to false... and also in the missions weather settings just set wind to "manual" and turn it way down. At least thats what I do. Someone way smarter than me may know more lol.

Tried new version. Spotting rounds in rhs smaw still have backblast and deafening noise just to let you know.

Thanks

• Like 1

If you had read the link, you'd find, plastered at the very top

What more do you want?

I read that. It has actions for cans. What I'm asking is how do you make the cans work? Module, add action, ace action. Normal JerryCan objects don't seem to work.

Make an object, preferably a Jerry Can, then use the function on the object. You can now carry the object around and use it as a fuel source to refuel vehicles.

You should do what it says :)

Copy cba_enable_auto_xeh.pbo + bisign from @CBA_A3\optionals to @CBA_A3\addons

:) thanks, that did the trick. is there also a way to tell the arma launcher not to redo the changes everytime its starting up? (i'm using steam workshop obviously)

Thanks. Name the can or any object  Can1  then put in field  [Can1] call ace_refuel_fnc_makeJerryCan; 

Action shows when running on local pc.  Action does not show when hosting with dedicated server.  Is there another command required in init field when using with dedicated server?

Rangefinder is not working for us.

Also Javelin top-down attack isn'T working. The Titan works just fine thou.

I believe if you want to alter your weather during a mission (ala MCC) then with ACE you need to possibly put the weather module down and set ace weather to false... and also in the missions weather settings just set wind to "manual" and turn it way down. At least thats what I do. Someone way smarter than me may know more lol.

Yeah, i tried that, doesn't work.

I found strange issue - cannot delete @ace folder in arma root folder. It says i dont have admin privilages, but i have. I can delete every mod, but not ace.

Ech microsoft.... I restarted system and i suscesfully deleted it. There was no programm using this folder, but who will ever understand Windows 7 fully?

@ACE team - please is there a way to disable map markers? before we could just disable certain channels in description.ext, but now with ACE even if this is done you are still able to select any channel to place a marker on the map. so if we want to restrict map markers to direct channel for everyone, is there a way?

Thanks

@ACE team - please is there a way to disable map markers? before we could just disable certain channels in description.ext, but now with ACE even if this is done you are still able to select any channel to place a marker on the map. so if we want to restrict map markers to direct channel for everyone, is there a way?

No. The game doesn't allow you to block group channel (and global channel for the logged in admin) anymore. This is happens with and without ACE.

Edit: If you don't believe me, you can test this yourself: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/enableChannel

0 enableChannel false;
1 enableChannel false;
2 enableChannel false;
3 enableChannel false;
4 enableChannel false;
5 enableChannel false;

Where:

0 - Global
1 - Side
2 - Command
3 - Group
4 - Vehicle
5 - Direct

If you then press the keys for "next channel" and "prev channel" (default: , and .) you will notice that you can still select global channel (as admin) and group channel. The exact same thing happens with the description.ext entries. This is with or without CBA / ACE. Keep in mind that you have to test this in MP as in SP / Editor channels don't exist.

ref: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=9586

I found strange issue - cannot delete @ace folder in arma root folder. It says i dont have admin privilages, but i have. I can delete every mod, but not ace.

Ech microsoft.... I restarted system and i suscesfully deleted it. There was no programm using this folder, but who will ever understand Windows 7 fully?

virus scanner, not related to win (e.g. 7)

virus scanner, not related to win (e.g. 7)

Nah, its not the first time, tried disabling Nod and didnt helped. Only restarting system helps in this cases.