acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Hello guys,

how can i bring up the ACE Range Card for Sniping? what key to be clicked?

Hello guys,

how can i bring up the ACE Range Card for Sniping? what key to be clicked?

You must have the Range Card in your inventory and then with the self interaction menu you can view it.

You must have the Range Card in your inventory and then with the self interaction menu you can view it.

To be more specific: You have to have the card in either your uniform or your vest, if I'm not mistaken.

I get this  when firing up the game. Any reasons why game would not start those .dll`s 

Starting BattlEye Service...
Updating BattlEye Service (NOTE: This may take several minutes to complete)...
Failed to update BattlEye Service. The master server is offline or unreachable - please ensure that "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye\BEService.exe" is allowed to access the internet.
Launching game...
Note: File blocks can be ignored if they don't cause problems with the game.
[iNFO] Blocked loading of file: "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ace3\ace_medical.dll".
[iNFO] Blocked loading of file: "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ace3\ace_break_line.dll".
[iNFO] Blocked loading of file: "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ace3\ace_parse_imagepath.dll".
[iNFO] Blocked loading of file: "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ace3\ace_clipboard.dll".
[iNFO] Blocked loading of file: "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ace3\ace_fcs.dll".
[iNFO] Blocked loading of file: "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ace3\ace_advanced_ballistics.dll".

I get this  when firing up the game. Any reasons why game would not start those .dll`s 

Starting BattlEye Service...

Updating BattlEye Service (NOTE: This may take several minutes to complete)...
Failed to update BattlEye Service. The master server is offline or unreachable - please ensure that "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye\BEService.exe" is allowed to access the internet.
Launching game...
Note: File blocks can be ignored if they don't cause problems with the game.
[iNFO] Blocked loading of file: "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ace3\ace_medical.dll".
[iNFO] Blocked loading of file: "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ace3\ace_break_line.dll".
[iNFO] Blocked loading of file: "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ace3\ace_parse_imagepath.dll".
[iNFO] Blocked loading of file: "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ace3\ace_clipboard.dll".
[iNFO] Blocked loading of file: "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ace3\ace_fcs.dll".
[iNFO] Blocked loading of file: "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ace3\ace_advanced_ballistics.dll".

Because if Battleye goes down, in offline-mode it treats any non-BI dll file as a cheat and prevents them from being loaded.

Dumb question: in ACE3, is there any difference between using blood, plasma, and saline? Any advantages/disadvantages, or do they all perform the same? I don't recall seeing anything on this in the advanced medical feature documentation.

Any new features planned for the next update(s) besides fastroping? Which by the way I am psyched for  :D

I have a request please if anyone can add it to ACE3 or even an unofficial addition :)

The ability for an ammo guy to interact on a AT gunner (SMAW, Carl Gustav etc) and get an option to load HEAA or HEDP into the launcher so we dont have to put it into gunners backpack and save alot of time plus it would be cool as fuck. Exactly like how it works with the Machine gunner ammo man being able to link belts to the gunner to save reloads.

The ability for an ammo guy to interact on a AT gunner (SMAW, Carl Gustav etc) and get an option to load HEAA or HEDP into the launcher so we dont have to put it into gunners backpack and save alot of time plus it would be cool as fuck. Exactly like how it works with the Machine gunner ammo man being able to link belts to the gunner to save reloads.

That's already implemented and working well. Modded launchers have to be configured via compatibility-pbos though.

That's already implemented and working well. Modded launchers have to be configured via compatibility-pbos though.

Ok just tested with vanilla launchers :) works awesome (tho reload time could be a bit quicker as i could fill his back pack and have him reload quicker than the ace reload). 

Now how do we get it working with RHS SMAW? I take it its something ACE3 need to implement as RHS basically said it aint nothing they can do?

Ok just tested with vanilla launchers :) works awesome (tho reload time could be a bit quicker as i could fill his back pack and have him reload quicker than the ace reload). 

Now how do we get it working with RHS SMAW? I take it its something ACE3 need to implement as RHS basically said it aint nothing they can do?

Or you. http://ace3mod.com/wiki/framework/reloadlaunchers-framework.html

class CfgWeapons {
    class Launcher_Base_F;

class rhs_weap_smaw : Launcher_Base_F {
        ace_reloadlaunchers_enabled = 1;
    };
};

or something like that.

Or you. http://ace3mod.com/wiki/framework/reloadlaunchers-framework.html

class CfgWeapons {
    class Launcher_Base_F;

};
};
or something like that.

Does this go in the destcription.ext?

EDIT. I guess this needs added to the ace3/RHS compatibility pbo somewhere? 

That should be possible. I'd rather create a pbo with this. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Characters_And_Gear_Encoding_Guide

Just create a textfile called config.cpp in a folder called "rhs_ace_compat_smaw" with the following content:

class CfgPatches
{
    class rhs_ace_compat_smaw
    {
        units[] = {};
        weapons[] = {};
        requiredVersion = 0.60;
        requiredAddons[] = {"rhsusf_main"};
        version = "1.0";
        versionStr = "1.0";
        author[] = {"YOURNAME"};
    };
};

class CfgWeapons {
    class Launcher_Base_F;

class rhs_weap_smaw: Launcher_Base_F {
    };    
    class rhs_weap_smaw_green: rhs_weap_smaw {
    };
};

save it, pack the folder into a pbo and put it in a modfolder. Tada, done - given that my cfgWeapons is right. Not tested. ;)

#edit: Tested, doesn't yet work. I'm trying to make it work.

#edit 2: Redone, works. Changed the name of the folder too.

That should be possible. I'd rather create a pbo with this. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Characters_And_Gear_Encoding_Guide

Just create a textfile called config.cpp in a folder called "ace_compatibility_rhs_smaw" with the following content:

class CfgPatches
{
    class ace_compatibility_rhs_smaw
    {
        units[] = {};
        weapons[] = {};
        requiredVersion = 0.60;
        requiredAddons[] = {"rhsusf_main"};
        version = "1.0";
        versionStr = "1.0";
        author[] = {"YOURNAME"};
    };
};

class CfgWeapons {
    class Launcher_Base_F;

};
    class rhs_weap_smaw_green : Launcher_Base_F {
    };
};

save it, pack the folder into a pbo and put it in a modfolder. Tada, done - given that my cfgWeapons is right. Not tested. ;)

#edit: Tested, doesn't yet work. I'm trying to make it work.

Ok with this i tried and when i try to load my mission it says ace_compatibility_rhs_smaw pbo is outdated on mission wont load.

PS just saw your edit. note the classnames for smaes are "rhs_weapon_smaw_green" "rhs_weapon_smaw"

Ok with this i tried and when i try to load my mission it says ace_compatibility_rhs_smaw pbo is outdated on mission wont load.

PS just saw your edit. note the classnames for smaes are "rhs_weapon_smaw_green" "rhs_weapon_smaw"

I've redone it, it now works. The classnames are inded rhs_weap_smaw and rhs_weap_smaw_green. The inheritance was a bit different than I thought. The problem with the mission start may have something to do with the way ace checks for the compatibility pbos. I've done it with the foldername and cfgPatches entry "adv_rhsLaunchers".

I've redone it, it now works. The classnames are inded rhs_weap_smaw and rhs_weap_smaw_green. The inheritance was a bit different than I thought. The problem with the mission start may have something to do with the way ace checks for the compatibility pbos. I've done it with the foldername and cfgPatches entry "adv_rhsLaunchers".

Not sure what you mean lol but glad you got it working. How do I get mine working? is your original post edited to work?

Not sure what you mean lol but glad you got it working. How do I get mine working? is your original post edited to work?

Yep, works.

Yep, works.

Yeah works perfectly :) Thanks very much!!

Now any idea how to adjust the time it takes to arm it. It takes 12 seconds to put a round in and a further 2 second to be able to fire. Currently the ammoman could fill his back pack and have him reload and ready to fire in around 8 seconds. Would love the reload animation cut down to around 4 or 5 seconds to warrant using it :)

Now any idea how to adjust the time it takes to arm it. It takes 12 seconds to put a round in as the ammoman but i could fill his back pack and have him reload in around 8 seconds. Would love the reload animation cut down to around 5 seconds to warrant using it :)

That's the way things go. ;) You can have it fast or fun.

Because if Battleye goes down, in offline-mode it treats any non-BI dll file as a cheat and prevents them from being loaded.

Thank you for reply :) I like my game from pressing play to getting in game without errors :D and every time i see one i am trying to fix it 

Need help with ACE3 on a dedicated server. I'm trying to run the Antistasi scenario with ACE3 and the RHS mods and Antistasi reports that the RHS mod is loading but does not see the ACE mod. If I run Antistasi on my local machine everything seems to work fine with ACE but not on dedicated setup. When I connect to server the ACE option is available in the esc menu and it's in the keyboard options menu of arma and some of the functions of ACE seem to work but arma medkits are shown instead of bandages etc and if I try to arm myself with medkits they just disappear so weird stuff like that. Seems that the client side stuff is managing to bleed thru some how.

So how to tshoot this? I'm not convinced that the scenario properly supports ACE so was thinking maybe another simple to test scenario that runs on dedicated server and I can test that ACE is properly setup on the server before I start dogging barbolani. Or does anyone know what might be going on. I have followed the setup instructions on the ACE site so lets not go there, only thing I did different was I have a mod folder outside of arma folder on dedicated server and local for that matter and I use Arma3sync to load but other than that I followed their setup instructions.

Advanced Combat Environment 3 Updated
Version 3.4.2

Download:
Github

Note: Latest CBA is required for this release.

CHANGE LOG SUMMARY

ADDED:

• Add Adaptation of fnc_makeJerryCan to new interact_menu (#3064)
  • Add support for non local Zeus RC in common-isPlayer (#3052)
  • Add CBA zeus integration (#3084)

CHANGED:

• Sitting cleanup (#3092)
  • Rearm scope changed for dummy objects (#3069)
  • Explosive enhancements (#3085)

FIXED:

• Fix M69 Grenade UBC in RHS Compat (#3128)
  • Fix usage of deprectated fired XEH (#3088, #3110)
  • Fix ThingX capitalization (#3076, #3109)
  • Fix Kill Spectator PFEH when exiting spectator (#3099)
  • Fix RHS Compat. Fix M113 inheritance (#3098)
  • Fix stringtables merge (#3097)
  • Fix Medical Triagecard Macro (#3094)
  • Fix Third Person Goggle Effect Not Displaying (#3078)
  • Fix Advanced ballstics Eotvos effect (#3060)
  • Fix inverted isTurnedOut for map lighting (#3058)
  • Fix medical menu not closing on range, litter direction (#3057)
  • Fix PT-BR translations and German duplicated entry fix (#3051)
  • Fix RHS Compat fix for SMAW spotting rifle backblast (#3050)
  • Fix RHS Compat Enhancement for Weapons and Grenades (#3045)
  • Fix Optics - Don't modify camera for ThreeDen Editor (#3041)
  • Fix RHS Compat fix for RU Sprut turret + Disabling FCS for M113 family (#3040)

REMOVED:

• Remove obsolete hotkey entries (#3086)
  • Remove undefined laser self designate macro (#3049)
  • Remove CUP compat pbo. no longer needed: CUP makes their own cleanup (#3083)

A full list of merged pull requests

• Like 4

Update yayyy! Congrats on another great release! Does anyone get a pretty hefty FPS drop when using ACE in missions? 

Thanks for the update! Respect for the many years of effort!

Finally some proper 3d editor play time without constantly removing ace optics :lol:

@opendome,

Nope, seems all good.