acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

hey everyone, i have a question regarding ace medical. I am part of an Arma unit  and we have a basic, theoratical medical certification. But the plan is to make it partly more practical. I thought about making a VR mission where i can spawn downed, friendly AI with specific wound types and vital signs for a new type of certification. Now, ACE hooks into the HandleDamage event from Arma for wounds...  Is there even a reliable way to spawn AI with "scripted" wounds and vital signs? If yes, could someone recommend me an approach on doing this?

thanks and regards

Thats a damm strange. Are you using some custom units? If so, try to go in CBA mod folder, Optionals, copy cba_enable_auto_xeh to CBA/addons folder and check if it still happen.

That's a distinct possibility, as the ones I use are created from the VA, I will try and see if the issue remains with vanilla units. I've already pasted the auto enable into the addons folder.

I just did a fresh install again today, re downloaded CBA and ace from armaholic, and same result.  used the Marine FAST units from RHS, got shot, pressed the window interaction key, self medicated with a bandage, the interaction closed... got shot again, went to bandage myself up and zilch, just a red circle, tried lctrl and windows, zilch, I can treat others no probs, but cant self treat, weird isnt it? 

I'll try that as well Commy2, was there anything "unusual" in the RPT file? It could simply be that I have a wank keyboard!! :D

You are using the Arma dev build which is not supported.

• Like 1

Vasily, yeah I know, what I'm experiencing is that I press the windows key once... it shows me all the ace interactions.. after I close/release that key, and press it a second time, there's "nothing" showing, only the red circle.

When I move the cursor over an ai team member, and press the windows key again, the ace parts are there again, from giving first aid, to magazine, to assigning teams.

Even if I try the lctrl_windows key, for self help nothing shows.

Yeah that started happening to me yesterday-I thought it was because I had started using the "Enhanced Movement" mod which also has interaction keys. All I did to remedy it was changed the keybinding,then changed it back-I know that should not do any good,but it did :D

Anyone know of a way to have a medical area/building/trigger/script that will bring a unit back to full health with fixed ACE wounds and revive from an unconscious state when using basic medical system?

I would like only the medics to be able to use epi which is already done through ace already but if the medic goes down I want him to have to be airlifted out and taken to my pre determined med station were he will be fully healed. Thanks.

Ps, I already know I can set everyone to use epi but I want there to be repercussions to the medic getting downed :) 

Is it possible to run basic medical system, but have the bleeding coefficient set to zero or false or inactive. When me and my group run using ACE basic medical, we get injured and will bandage the injury and give blood if needed but no matter what several minutes later we just drop dead. I am guessing from bleeding out. Anyways i think we would be fine with just not having the bleeding component or at least figuring out why we are dropping dead minutes later after being wounded badly but patching our selves up and our diagnosis showing all good.

You'd be better off giving Saline. Blood needs to be stored in a temperature controlled environment, you're probably dropping dead as you've given yourself "off" blood as its been out in the field for too long (same with Plasma).

You'd be better off giving Saline. Blood needs to be stored in a temperature controlled environment, you're probably dropping dead as you've given yourself "off" blood as its been out in the field for too long (same with Plasma).

Thanks for the thoughts Jackal, unfortunately if i am not mistaken, both saline and plasma serve no purpose in ACE3 Basic Medical System. Essentially, one of us gets shot, we bandage the wound and give blood, usually 1000ml and then continue on playing. After 5 min or so the person just dies even though the diagnosis showed them 5by5. So I am just taking a guess that its from blood loss but I am unsure.

If i want to drastically reduce the speed at which someone bleeds, do i set the bleeding coefficient number (default 1)  to a higher or lower number ?

Also does giving too much morphine in BASIC medical cause cardiac arrest or is that only Advanced Medical. Maybe that is the problem because i love me some morphine lol.

Assuming that Basic medical is the same as the ACE2 system, then yes, it's the Morphine. A Morphine shot should only be given for serious pain, (passing out or uncontrollable shaking) dosing someone with Morphine every time they get a scrape will lead to an OD. It's a syringe full of hospital grade painkiller, not a Paracetamol tablet.  

Has anyone done a compatibility add for the RHS explosives to be used by ACE?

• Like 2

Is there a way to have interaction configured the same as self interactions "Always display cursor for self interaction"

Should be in the ACE options, at least it was there for me last time I checked. It might be forced by serverconfig though if you're checking in MP.

!!!I NEED HELP PLS!!!

I have a little Problem.

I am working on a TvT Mode for Communitys and want to use ACE3 in it.

So heres the Problem:

When the Player gets unconscious the zonerestriction module gets activatet and kills the player after 10secs.

Same with "Unit is not present" activatet Triggers. The trigger gets activatet when player is unconscious.

Seems to me that a cloned unconscious unit changes the position with the actual player unit, and the player unit gets spawned anywhere outside the ZoneRestricion Area....?? Maybe?? :wacko:

Is it a Bug or is there any way to make it work?

I would be thankfull for any help ;)

!!!EDIT!!!

Never Mind. Seems like its caused only in Editor. Everythings fine wtih testing in MP

Afaik an unconscious unit is switched to civilian side so that AIs don't fire at it anymore. If the unit wakes up, it is switched back to its originial side. Nicely visible as Zeus. Maybe that helps you with your scripting issue ;)

• Like 1

Hi

does someone know if there is a command to enable a object as a manual vehicle rearming object?

I want to use a big crate instead a HEMTT Rearm in my base, for manual vehicle rearming.

Related to the above...

Is there a setting i can use in the serverconfig.hpp to disable ACE medical, so that it doesn't show up in the menu's and does not add medical items/replace default game medic items with ACE ones. I'm looking to use other features of ACE with the BI implemented revive system, for Unsung vietnam missions. As even the basic medic system can become quite frustrating with jungle fighting.

I would like an answer to this also. Currently with unsung mod the uniforms turn u or enemy into tanks if used with ace medical. (Spawn any unit and shoot in legs or arms to test).

To fix I had to remove medical pbos from ace add-ons folder and run without and run a basic revive script. (BTC REVIVE QWIKSILVER EDITION) is easily the best one I've tried that works perfectly in case you're wanting to know. BUT now any unsung uniforms are a one hit kill anywhere, any calibre :(

Anyone get unsung to work with ace 3 medical without the above issues or know how to stop them being tanks?

I have a question. I try to read in the forum but maybe I miss it. In case I ask sorry for re-up the question:

Is it possible to spawn a unit inoncious? For example I have to make a SAR mission and I want to arrive at the crash site and find the pilot unconcious, but I don't find any way to do it. Only with the zeus module, but, I'd like to put a code in the init field to have the unit already inconcious on the ground. Possible this? Help please :)

rearming sometimes doesnt work for me. i load ammo into the bwmod puma and all but the MG5 works.. it doesnt accept ammo for MG5. Same problems for other vehicles sometimes. No error in my logs

I noticed one thing - turning on cursor to interaction/self interaction menu eat a lot of FPS. Is this normal?

I have a question. I try to read in the forum but maybe I miss it. In case I ask sorry for re-up the question:

Is it possible to spawn a unit inoncious? For example I have to make a SAR mission and I want to arrive at the crash site and find the pilot unconcious, but I don't find any way to do it.

Put this in the init line, where 99999 is the time in seconds before the unit can wake up again:

if (isServer) then { [this, true, 99999] call ACE_Medical_fnc_setUnconscious; };

If you want that the unit can not wake up anymore, you can use the following script:

// This simple script will make a unit constantly unconscious. Even if someone treats him, the unit will blackout again. It's meant to force rescue teams to carry a hostage to safety rather than dealing with a stupid AI dude or having one player playing the hostage all the time.
// Execute in the init line of the affected unit: null = this execVM "constantBlackout.sqf";

// It's enough if only the server executes this.
if (!isServer) exitWith {};

while {true} do {
    sleep 6;
    //_this allowDamage false;
    if (!(_this getVariable ["ACE_isUnconscious", False])) then { [_this, true, 99999] call ACE_Medical_fnc_setUnconscious;};
};

Just copy&paste in a file called constantBlackout.sqf (or whatever name you prefer) and call it from the init line of the unit (null = this execVM "constantBlackout.sqf";).

Btw don't forget to allow unconsciousness AI in the ACE settings. When it's disabled, AI will simply die instead of going unconscious. When it's set to 50/50, AI with die 50% of the time.

Put this in the init line, where 99999 is the time in seconds before the unit can wake up again:

if (isServer) then { [this, true, 99999] call ACE_Medical_fnc_setUnconscious; };

If you want that the unit can not wake up anymore, you can use the following script:

// This simple script will make a unit constantly unconscious. Even if someone treats him, the unit will blackout again. It's meant to force rescue teams to carry a hostage to safety rather than dealing with a stupid AI dude or having one player playing the hostage all the time.
// Execute in the init line of the affected unit: null = this execVM "constantBlackout.sqf";

// It's enough if only the server executes this.
if (!isServer) exitWith {};

while {true} do {
    sleep 6;
    //_this allowDamage false;
    if (!(_this getVariable ["ACE_isUnconscious", False])) then { [_this, true, 99999] call ACE_Medical_fnc_setUnconscious;};
};

Just copy&paste in a file called constantBlackout.sqf (or whatever name you prefer) and call it from the init line of the unit (null = this execVM "constantBlackout.sqf";).

Btw don't forget to allow unconsciousness AI in the ACE settings. When it's disabled, AI will simply die instead of going unconscious. When it's set to 50/50, AI with die 50% of the time.

Many thnaks I will try and let you know. However where I allow the unconciousness?Thanks [2R]Dragon :)