acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Thanks ACE3 dev team for the speedy update cycle. We really appreciate the extra work going into patching it after update 1.54, especially this close to the holiday season.

Do you move the optionals over ? Think there are two .pbos and two .bisigns.

Dunno if they help though....

Thanks man. As far as I know those pbo's only allow users to use rhs weapons ammo with vanilla and ace weapons. Things I am looking for is vehicle damage scripts/addons and other stuff we mught be missing.

So I did a bunch of testing using different mods, and no matter what mods I use, if I'm using ACE then I get the ace_advanced_ballistics.dll is not installed error. So I cannot use ACE. The reason this was happening:

One other thing though, before starting A3 I made sure the RHS compatibility .pbo and .bisign files were in the addons folder, I made sure the advanced ballistics .pbo and .bisign were moved out, and I deleted the realistic names .pbo and .bisign because I prefer the vanilla names, yet after loading up A3 then going back to the @ace folder to check I found that the RHS compatibility files were not in the addons folder and were back in optionals, that the advanced ballistics files were back, as were the realistic names files. So after starting A3 it reverted all the files changes I'd made in the @ace folder, even for the files I'd deleted. It wasn't doing this previously.

was that opening the A3 launcher automatically "updated" ACE, AKA reverted the files. So I could open the launcher then go to the @ace folder and make the changes, and the changes would stay. Doing this results in another error, ace_fcs.dll is not installed, so I assume this goes for all the the ACE .dll files.

So... what's going on? Because I reallyreallyreally want to be able to use ACE. FYI I am using CBA3 and ACE from the Steam Workshop. I tried downloading and using the CBA3 from WithSix, but that resulted in the same errors. Next, I suppose, I'll try ACE from WithSix. Also, should my ACE .dll files be located in just the @ace folder, no subfolders within the @ace folder? Because they're in just the @ace folder. Is there anything I can do to "install" them? Googling this hasn't helped. Help solving this please...

So I removed my Steam Workshop version of ACE and downloaded ACE from WithSix, got A3 going... and everything works! SO the issue lies somewhere within the Steam Workshop version of ACE. This I am sorry to hear, because Steam Workshop is certainly the easiest way to keep mods up-to-date, but WithSix isn't bad.

So... what's going on? Because I reallyreallyreally want to be able to use ACE. FYI I am using CBA3 and ACE from the Steam Workshop. I tried downloading and using the CBA3 from WithSix, but that resulted in the same errors. Next, I suppose, I'll try ACE from WithSix. Also, should my ACE .dll files be located in just the @ace folder, no subfolders within the @ace folder? Because they're in just the @ace folder. Is there anything I can do to "install" them? Googling this hasn't helped. Help solving this please...

Maybe I am wrong, but shouldn't they be in the arma root folder? move them from the ace folder to the arma root folder and try again, i would say

So I removed my Steam Workshop version of ACE and downloaded ACE from WithSix, got A3 going... and everything works! SO the issue lies somewhere within the Steam Workshop version of ACE. This I am sorry to hear, because Steam Workshop is certainly the easiest way to keep mods up-to-date, but WithSix isn't bad.

From the steam workshop........ Ach, man. This is biggest mistake IMO. I never download from steam workshop beacuse, id dwonload only basis structure of the mod (folders Keys, Addons, mod info - newer any more files). I figured out it on Bcombat, where i had modded .fsm files - issue was directly the same. Now i update mods manually via armahollic.

Thanks for the update, really apprechiate it.

Unfortunately I am also experiecing the abovementioned issue. I redownloaded the mod from the Workshop and wanted to copy the dlls into the root folder, however, it seems the workshop version does not contain any dlls.

Gonna download the mod from armaholic and copy them into the root folder from there, no biggie!

Edit: There are definitely missing files in the workshop version.

jhaknagi.jpg

Oh f*ckig hell so it gave me the same error again. However I tried this:

Maybe I am wrong, but shouldn't they be in the arma root folder? move them from the ace folder to the arma root folder and try again, i would say

Moved all the ACE .dll files to the A3 directory, and voila! Working :) Thanks @b.a.verrecus! Hopefully I won't be commenting on this thread in the near future.

Unfortunately I am also experiecing the abovementioned issue. I redownloaded the mod from the Workshop and wanted to copy the dlls into the root folder, however, it seems the workshop version does not contain any dlls.

Gonna download the mod from armaholic and copy them into the root folder from there, no biggie!

jhaknagi.jpg

I just writed about it post before :)

jhaknagi.jpg

Yeah, so I unsubscribed from ACE on the Workshop and downloaded ACE fron WithSix (I hate in Armaholic having to redownload whole bloody mods just to get an update), and the .dlll files were there. Moved them to the A3 root folder, and Bob's your uncle.

Also, I could be wrong, but I think my Workshop version had the .dll files. Not certain.

Also, I could be wrong, but I think my Workshop version had the .dll files. Not certain.

That would be odd, I deleted the whole folder, so the launchr would redownload the latest version. Gonna check again. Nope, unsubscribed, made sure everything was deleted, resubscribed, same issue. DLLs and mod icons are missing.

Edit: It seems to be a Workshop issue, I've just updated one of my mods with the publisher and there are also images etc missing. Very frustrating...

201512090000jbc6u2tmoy.jpg

Getting this error message when press on Immediate.

Getting this error message when press on Immediate.

Did you build ace yourself or is your unit re-hosting the pbo perhaps? There's only one occurrence of that variable being set to 3 in the entire project and it looks valid.

Using git blame doesn't show it as ever being incorrect.

Been holding my breath hoping for fastroping, any word on when we will get that back?

Hi guys, I have a somewhat non trivial question: how do I check whether player's car has speed limiter turned on?
I've tried to figure it out by myself but got completely stuck on GVAR() part because I failed to find any meaningful definition of it that wasn't referencing some other macros. A wild guess "(vehicles select 0)/(vehicle player) getVariable "isSpeedLimiter" produced no results, sadly.

Thanks in advance. :)

Did you build ace yourself or is your unit re-hosting the pbo perhaps? There's only one occurrence of that variable being set to 3 in the entire project and it looks valid.

Using git blame doesn't show it as ever being incorrect.

Nope, no custom version. We played with the latest version from armaholic. I'll try to reproduce the isse.

Thanks for the fast update, ACE Devs!  Only thing left to be desired is indeed an updating of the documentation in ACE Wiki. 

I eventually found out how to refuel vehicles on my own - but it took me some time! :icon_lol:   Great coding btw, you really considered everything up to the fact that you have to connect refuel vehicle with recipient of fuel IRL, kudos for that level of detail!  

Changing tires... it sounded so easy and I had the modules set up all fine, needing no engineer or tools and STILL didn't get it done until I finally found out you have to meet the "sweet spot" on the wheel rim REALLY exactly with your mouse cursor before the action "change wheeel" or "remove wheel" appears for choosing.

Took me ages to get this done :blush2:  Nevertheless, it's working perfectly once you know the drill! 

Keep up your great work!

I'm connecting under previous post (wiki update) - what does ace_rearm doing?  There are two .pbo's ace_norearm (which deletes acrion "rearm" near ammo storage, but ace_rearm?

I'm connecting under previous post (wiki update) - what does ace_rearm doing?  There are two .pbo's ace_norearm (which deletes acrion "rearm" near ammo storage, but ace_rearm?

ace_norearm is not related to ace_rearm.

ace_norearm is about removing the Rearm action when an infantry goes up to an ammo crate.

ace_rearm enhances vehicle rearming functions. Basically dependening on your settings of the ace_rearm module, you can drive up to an Ammo truck with your vehicle, and take out ammo crates of the ammo you want to rearm for the vehicle.

There's 3 settings. Setting 1 rearms the entire vehicle, similiarly to what is actually there in Vanilla. Setting 2 lets you take out ammo crates for entire Magazines for vehicles. Setting 3 lets you take out ammo with the amount depending on the caliber of the ammo. (IIRC, you take out a few shells for a cannon at a time, instead of the entire "magazine").

Hello. Thanks for all the work you do ACE team. I'm here for some help. I thought I'd try my hand at marksmanship but I seem to be doing something wrong. I went and watched some YT tutorials and noticed some differences in their range card vs mine. Mine, since I have used it has just had one column per section filled in. One bullet drop, one wind and one lead column. On every other card picture or video I've seen theirs is filled out. So is there a 3rd party something I need to get this info to fill itself in??

A pic from my steam profile to show what I mean..  http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/646628456451006224/5D994AA93DCFCDE48D284B28894BE744E24DF3AD/

As far as I know ACE 3 is installed properly. It is in my ArmA 3 root. I seen a page or two back that .dll files need to be taken out of the @ace and put into the ArmA 3 root as well. Is this true? It is in no install documentation I've seen. In any case, I tried putting the .dll files into the root and no change. I tried with just CBA and ACE last night in the editor with a new mission, no change. I have to think that if this was an issue there would be outcry from all the hardcore shooters, but I've found nothing like this in any searches I've done. Which leads me to...what am I not doing right? ACE is installed and working..to the best of my knowledge. Card is on me properly or I couldn't open it. All the range card wiki says is to open it. Help please!  lol

Thanks in advance,

Shiz

@shinznyte: Advanced Ballistics must be enabled in the mission or at the server. Without it, temperature will have no influence on the ballistics hence the range card has just one column. With Advanced Ballistics enabled, you'll get a full range card. In the editor it's sufficient to place the ACE Advanced Ballistics Module and tweak the parameters as you see fit ;)