acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

5. This one is very, very important to me: Is there a way to spawn defined ammo for vehicles with a script? For example: Players fighting with a tank and need ammo, a script spawns a helicopter with a box with correct 120mm rounds slingloaded for them to rearm. Or players find boxes with fitting vehicle ammo in a conquered base, spawned by a script? 

Hope you guys can give me some Information, and again: What an update... WOW! Thanx and be proud of your fantastic work! 

I agree with the refuel suggestions, those are nice.

Anyway, technically you could make the CH-46I chinook or the Taru carry their designated-ammo containers and have re-arms that way, but I can imagine wanting custom boxes that are perhaps lighter.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Is there away to Disable and Enable the Interaction of an object? 

I want to remove the interaction from an ammo crate of an Ammo crate while a script is running and when another script is running allowing the interaction again!

It seems that armor values got weaker. The british heavy plate carrier got no armor rating, and a 9mm pistol from 100 meters can knock you out if you got shot in the arm. Is it an ACE "feature" or arma update bug again?

Gun shots are much more lethal in vanilla - I think it's intended.

All vanilla vests have hardly any armour values in arsenal yeah....I haven't tested it without ACE so idk if the arma update did it or ace update changed that....A p99 will two-shots-unconscious a person with a full carrier rig....Silly ArmA.

Thanx for the update. I can't thank you enough for ACE logistics! What you guys did to the refuel- and rearm- procedure is simply amazing - the best thing happened to ArmA EVER. Wow. Never ever again without that. I have some questions regarding those features:

Refuel:

1. Is it possible you guys add some kind of noise to the refuel process? When the procedure is started, I think it would be nice to hear some kind of pumping sound. I think in real life those refueling procedures are kinda noisy because of the strong pumps and engines. In addition it would signal the user the refueling process is proceeding.

2. Is it possible to give random items a defined amount of fuel and maybe a fuel nozzle per script? Im thinking about the oil barrels for example, or strucutres like gas-stations.

Rearm:

1. I don't think this is possible, but maybe you find a solution: I'm amazed by the fact that if you want to rearm one of the vanilla jets, you pick the 3d object of the needed missile out of the ammo truck and not just a simple box. Is there a way to implement this for modded jets too? Maybe like a scan for p3d-objects of the magazineclass? I tried to rearm the F-16 (standalone mod) with a SideWinder, but all I got from the truck was a box (rearming worked),  although there has to be a 3d object for that mod-sidewinder?

2. Some jets do have different loadouts. If a jet fires, lets say, the sidewinders of its AA-loudout, would it be possible to get a list of all different rockets and bombs that can fit under that pylon in different loadouts from the ream-menu, not just a new sideWinder? 

3. Maybe impossible: Interchangeable rockets between different jets?

4. Would it be possible to move a spawned missile or ammobox into the cargospace of another vehicle than the ammotruck? Lets say placing a SideWinder into the cargospace of a HEMTT Flatbed? (with the box/missile visible placed on the transportplace of the truck, like igiload?)

5. This one is very, very important to me: Is there a way to spawn defined ammo for vehicles with a script? For example: Players fighting with a tank and need ammo, a script spawns a helicopter with a box with correct 120mm rounds slingloaded for them to rearm. Or players find boxes with fitting vehicle ammo in a conquered base, spawned by a script? 

Hope you guys can give me some Information, and again: What an update... WOW! Thanx and be proud of your fantastic work! 

Supplement:

6. Ace rearm doesnt work with some mods, like John Spartans & Sauls F/A-18 Super Hornet or SU-35S Flanker. Ammo truck shows missing ammo (not everything that WOULD fit on a pylon, but the missile that used to be there :( ) but the missile won't appear on the jet after reloading finished - Not rearmed.

7. Is it possible to take ammo from vehicles and carry it around in a box, or a whole missile, maybe to another vehicle/Jet?

8. Are there any plans for real big kinds of ammo, like missiles for the MLRS?

9. I scratched that in "2" and "3" but this is a slightly different question: Many mods have different variants of the same object, like RHS and CUP with a Viper-CAS and Viper-Multirole for example. I was hoping so hard ACE rearm would allow to get ever type of ammo the Viper can carry and define a complete individual loadout. Is that possible somehow?

I am sure this must have been asked before, however, I am new to the ACE3 addon.  Is there a way to reduce/remove the weapon sway?  I don't mind the sway but after two steps forward I feel like the sway is dramatic.

Any help is most appreciated.

REAPER

From the Changelog:

• Disable NVGs in sight (#2699)

If that's the case, what else could have caused all lasers and flashlights to stop working? Has ACE implemented its own system for those as well? Forcing off in this new NVG module doesn't seem to fix the problem.

We had the same problem with lasers/flashlights not working back in 1.52 on ACE dev builds (anything newer than 3.3.2). Some of the devs are aware but no solution was found at the time. Only reverting back to 3.3.2 fixed it then.

We had the same problem with lasers/flashlights not working back in 1.52 on ACE dev builds (anything newer than 3.3.2). Some of the devs are aware but no solution was found at the time. Only reverting back to 3.3.2 fixed it then.

Well something must've caused them to stop working between versions then. Hopefully there's a fix soon enough.

I am sure this must have been asked before, however, I am new to the ACE3 addon.  Is there a way to reduce/remove the weapon sway?  I don't mind the sway but after two steps forward I feel like the sway is dramatic.

Any help is most appreciated.

REAPER

Or does anyone know which pbo the stamina or weapon sway function is located so I can remove it?

I found another strange issue and I looked through the change log, but don't think I see something related to this.  Only when I have ACE enabled do I see this issue.  When I get out of a vehicle or land after parachuting, if I am carrying any sort of binoculars (binos, range finders, etc), I will switch from my weapon to the item in the bino slot.  If I test by turning off ACE and do the same thing I stay with my weapon and don't switch.

I found another strange issue and I looked through the change log, but don't think I see something related to this.  Only when I have ACE enabled do I see this issue.  When I get out of a vehicle or land after parachuting, if I am carrying any sort of binoculars (binos, range finders, etc), I will switch from my weapon to the item in the bino slot.  If I test by turning off ACE and do the same thing I stay with my weapon and don't switch.

Yes I noticed that aswell

Short question about a recent change (?) in the medical module. While a lot of things are broken right now, we still decided to do our usual small scale mission on wednesday as always. When some people got hit and bandaged themselves, they reported that for example a minor wound would turn into a partial wound. I suspect that this is no direct change in the way wounds and bandages work, but just on how things are displayed in the medical menu. Different bandages have different effectiveness on special type of wounds. As a example:

- When people were usuing a quick cloth in the past on a avulsion, they were not using the "best" bandage for this type of wound and the result is they would need more than one bandage to fix the wound.

- After applying one bandage the medical menu would just display the wound as still active and bleeding while it was pretty much "half fixed".

So is this just a change in the display that basically tells players that the wound has not been fully fixed yet? Or is this a completly new thing?

Yep also noticed that as well as the laser/light issue.

If that's the case, what else could have caused all lasers and flashlights to stop working? Has ACE implemented its own system for those as well? Forcing off in this new NVG module doesn't seem to fix the problem.

Well something must've caused them to stop working between versions then. Hopefully there's a fix soon enough.

Please post a RPT file. Flashlights and lasers are working fine on my end. (current CBA + current ACE)

Also guys. It's pointless to post bugs here. Use the bugtracker: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues

Please post a RPT file. Flashlights and lasers are working fine on my end. (current CBA + current ACE)

Also guys. It's pointless to post bugs here. Use the bugtracker: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues

Running just current CBA + current ACE I still can't turn lasers or lights on. I can switch between IR and Laser with Shift+L as per the ACE controls, but that's it. Has ACE implemented something similar to MRT?

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/2917

• Like 1

Is there away to Disable and Enable the Interaction of an object? 

I want to remove the interaction from an ammo crate of an Ammo crate while a script is running and when another script is running allowing the interaction again!

bump

can anyone tell me what the .dll files do in the root folder in ACE. The people I rent my server through won't initially allow me to upload dll files and I have to get them to manually download and upload the mods if they have DLL files in them.

In other words a giant pain the ass. Are they necessary to use ACE? What exactly do they do?

Hi,

about the binocular bug...I found that the bipod too is affected...can someone with a gitHub account report this please?

thanks in advice

can anyone tell me what the .dll files do in the root folder in ACE. The people I rent my server through won't initially allow me to upload dll files and I have to get them to manually download and upload the mods if they have DLL files in them.

In other words a giant pain the ass. Are they necessary to use ACE? What exactly do they do?

I can't say exactly what the .dll do (as I am not on the ACE3 team).  However, I can say they do not need to be uploaded to the server.  They are client side only.

Has anyone seen an issue with getting various launchers to lock on?  In testing and working with all the updates last night we found that none of the AA and only a few of the AT launchers would lock on.

With Arma 3 1.52 & ACE 3.3.2.0 > Lock on worked as expected

With Arma 3 1.54 & ACE 3.3.2.0 > Lock on worked as expected

With Arma 3 1.54 & ACE 3.4.0.0 > Problems with all AA and most AT launchers getting launch on

I have not yet been able to specifically related it to ACE itself....working on that part, but want to see if anyone has had similar problems.

Has anyone seen an issue with getting various launchers to lock on?  In testing and working with all the updates last night we found that none of the AA and only a few of the AT launchers would lock on.

With Arma 3 1.52 & ACE 3.3.2.0 > Lock on worked as expected

With Arma 3 1.54 & ACE 3.3.2.0 > Lock on worked as expected

With Arma 3 1.54 & ACE 3.4.0.0 > Problems with all AA and most AT launchers getting launch on

I have not yet been able to specifically related it to ACE itself....working on that part, but want to see if anyone has had similar problems.

I noticed I can't get the RHS Stinger to lock on to anything