acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

The overpressure code was recently switched to use new script command `lineIntersectsSurfaces`, which should resolve inaccuracies in the damage detection. Here is the PR where that was changed.

You could always just remove the overpressure pbo that handles backlast etc

Well yeah but our arma3 gaming community have this huge modpack/repository in PWS. And we like the backplast in our normal missions, but in training mission for new players to test all kind of stuff it is useles. And we dont want to make anohter modpack just for this missions. So it would be nice if Ace could add module or something to disable this.

Can someone disassemble the current compile of ACE_fcs.dll and see if someone sneaked in something fishy? Kaspersky and Quickheal say that it's a trojan.

Steam Workshop, MD5 is 3cdfc521c81f430ec7125f4d87f4437f

To anyone experiencing this:

If you're downloading from our uploads (being our steam workshop file or our github repository) then nobody has messed with the dll file between source and upload.

For peace of mind, the MD5 of the dll currently in the repository matches the one pwner received from steam: 3CDFC521C81F430EC7125F4D87F4437F

Source code is available in the "extensions" directory if anyone wants to build it and check for themselves.

I'm reporting the false positive to kaspersky now :) Thanks for reporting the issue

Kaspersky's response to my request:

Hello,

Sorry, it was a false detection. It will be fixed in the next update.
Thank you for your help.
  • Like 2

Any chance we can see a compatibility patch with veterans mod (VTN)? atleast and adjustment to see that the medical system is set to ace's only or such?

• Like 1

Thank you SilentSpike the white listing did work for server side mods.

• Like 1

Is there any way to restrain/cuff people if the module is not in the mission? Like if I'm using Ace in an ordinary mission that does not use ace can I zip-tie people?

Seriously, I never experienced something like that. I actually thought the Backblast is broken in the way, that its not functioning (I never suffered from a backblast...) 

Maybe its the Mod the RPG-7 comes with that causes your error. (Probably RHS, hu?) If so, its not the responsibility of the ACE team to correct that!

I don't have too many problems with backblast.Once or twice an AI fired a Javelin or NLAW and blew us away,but AT4s are fine. An issue I have is satchel charges-there is a huge difference between the vanilla ones and Ace ones. Some of them will injure/kill when standing over 50 metres away

What do these values mean and what values should they be set to according to a gun? 

ACE_barrelTwist=254.0;   ACE_barrelLength=609.6;

barrel twist and barrel length in millimeter, 

​respectively 10 and 24 in, the XM2010 i believe.

As many other people have said before me, and as many other people will say after me: the backblast is broken and stupid. You literally cannot shoot any sort of rocket with this mod unless if you're standing in the middle of a big, empty field which is never the case unless if you plan to die immediately afterwards anyway.

I was on the map N'ziwasogo and I had a Rpg-7. I fired it with a patio umbrella 20 feet behind me and died immediately. This happens constantly and it ruins the game to the point that I would consider not using ACE anymore.

It was never like this in Arma 2, or ACE2. There used to be backblast damage, but it was realistic and only in extreme circumstances such as having your back pressed up directly against a wall. Then there was the M136 C/S which negated this effect entirely although no similar analogue exists in Arma 3.

If a Vietnam-style mod ever comes out for Arma 3 it will be even more hellish than its source material. We're going to lose more men to backblast and tightly-packed jungle trees than we are going to lose to the enemy.

just shift+delete overpressure.pbo

Any chance we can see a compatibility patch with veterans mod (VTN)? atleast and adjustment to see that the medical system is set to ace's only or such?

Would love to see this!!

Is there a way to make it so that ace pointing is enabled without having to put the module in the mission?

Thanks SilentSpike! It worked :)

So thats what the userconfig and ace_server.pbo was for huh.

The settings i usedwere:

class ace_finger_enabled {
    value = 1;
    typeName = "BOOL";
    force = 1;
};
class ace_finger_maxRange {
    value = 10;
    typeName = "SCALAR";
    force = 1;
};

works great 

Is there a way to set the Cargo size of the Huron Containers to be more than 2 so that you cant place like 5 of them in a truck :) ?

Seeing as there are some strange issues with damage and such until the next version of ACE, is there a way to disable JUST the medical and damage related things? Everything else is working well for me, but the inconsistent damages and strange medical issues are of course something I'd like to remove for the time being.

Are there any plans to change the way damage (especially to the legs) works in ACE3?

We in the 3CB use some settings which could be describes as intermediate difficulty settings for the medical system. Everyone and not just medics can bandage people and can apply medicine. However only medics are allowed to use the PAK. So far this works pretty well with one big exeption. It feels like players very often recieve damage to their legs and this is resulting in players being unable to walk/sprint etc. As far as I know this can only really be fixed by another player/medic using a PAK on that player. I dont think it is a bad idea that people can get "broken" legs but the this appears more often as it should happen. As a result the gameplay is artificially slowed down. If somebody get's a tiny wound on one leg you have to wait for a medic to arrive and use a PAK on him. It is even worse when a medic has a injured leg, since the only other person that can fix that is another medic.

So is this a "known issue" that will be worked on?

Another thing that I think has been requested by a lot of players would be a module where you can designate vehicles/buildings and medical vehicles/field hospitals. While being in those vehicles/buildings all players would have the same benefits of being a medic.

I'm building a mission and I don't want to use the ACE medical system in it, however I still want to run ACE and have everything else ACE offers. Is there a way to completely disable the ACE medical system in the mission and let players use the default Arma 3 medical items in place?

Hello thank you guys for all the hard working bring ACE3 to ARMA3. I have being using Authentic Gameplay Modification (AGM) and  AISS3 Feat of Arms by Mikey74 and the A.I.M Team.  Has any one reported an issues with the AI behavior not following the commands when using it with ACE3.

I have been using AGM and in the AI init box putting the this setVariable ["AGM_AllowUnconscious",true]; So the selected AI will always go unconscious and in the AGM_module for the Revive timer to -1 so the unit will never die.  The ace3 Module when set will make all the AI never die only unconscious. Is there a way to set for editor place AI only like the AGM.

Are there any plans to change the way damage (especially to the legs) works in ACE3?

We in the 3CB use some settings which could be describes as intermediate difficulty settings for the medical system. Everyone and not just medics can bandage people and can apply medicine. However only medics are allowed to use the PAK. So far this works pretty well with one big exeption. It feels like players very often recieve damage to their legs and this is resulting in players being unable to walk/sprint etc. As far as I know this can only really be fixed by another player/medic using a PAK on that player. I dont think it is a bad idea that people can get "broken" legs but the this appears more often as it should happen. As a result the gameplay is artificially slowed down. If somebody get's a tiny wound on one leg you have to wait for a medic to arrive and use a PAK on him. It is even worse when a medic has a injured leg, since the only other person that can fix that is another medic.

So is this a "known issue" that will be worked on?

Another thing that I think has been requested by a lot of players would be a module where you can designate vehicles/buildings and medical vehicles/field hospitals. While being in those vehicles/buildings all players would have the same benefits of being a medic.

You can help this by setting "Bandages Restore Hitpoints" or something along those lines in the editor. Basically when bandaging your legs you will be able to run again but you won't be at 100% more like 75% like in vanilla medical system. But you will be able to run.

But it doesn't work 100% of the time. But it does work much better than having it set to disabled. This is the only thing that is stopping my unit from using the advanced medical system is this unreliable leg injury system that slows gameplay down. We love every other aspect of it just this limping mode cripples game speed.

But in all honesty I really hope there is a release soon with work done on the medical system. I got shot last night from one bullet about 300 meters out, my torso, both legs and left arm were damaged requiring 5 bandages - From 1 bullet. It seemed pretty over powered.

Also I hope the unconscious system gets worked on and goes back to a more AGM approach were you can set bleed out timers and also keeping people unconscious until they get epi pen or blood bag. Or at the very least keep players from waking up so quickly after being downed.

Also I hope the unconscious system gets worked on and goes back to a more AGM approach were you can set bleed out timers and also keeping people unconscious until they get epi pen or blood bag. Or at the very least keep players from waking up so quickly after being downed.

Whilst I agree with everything else you have said (especially the part about erratic damage from one round effecting multiple body parts), I have to disagree with this issue to a point. I feel that the "unconscious" state is used sometimes to simulate a "stunned" state rather than being fully unconscious. Taking a hit to the plate of a plate carrier still hurts and would likely put a lot of grown men on the deck, as such I feel the "quick regaining of consciousness" is kind of realistic - however could be simulated differently....perhaps just a blurred overlay rather than the "black, out cold" effect.

It's possible to add a suppression effect  module?

I like how the TacBF guys have implemented it