acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

This discussion seems to come up every 5 pages or so ... so here we go again I guess ;D

Imo it's not the developers responsibility to make sure the produced content play nice with anything else than vanilla Arma3. If they have the possibility and man power to get two separated dev-teams to come up with some sort of shared way of doing stuff, then great .... but goals can be, and in this particular case is, just way to different to dedicate that kind of resources for something that isn't the main objective of most content creation: the actual creation of NEW content.

Yes, I do agree that it will cause problems for teams and players if mods doesn't work in certain combinations and our small team has been battling with RHS and ACE3-compatibility just like the rest of you, but if people want to use mixed content that clearly specifies that it won't work unless someone else creates a bridge, "someone" just need to bite the bullet and start doing stuff themselves instead of waiting for others to do it. Yes, it's rather hard and very time consuming to start, but how does everyone think the ppl who currently are creating content started out? Caffeine, a lot of spare time and a fuck ton of dedication is my answer to that pseudo question :)

If that someone wants or needs to be an official member of the dev-team that will be sorted at that point in time I guess.

To re-iterate; this does not lie on the content creators' shoulders no matter how much we want it to be. It's just a factor of convenience for the end user that want's to use the mods in a way the content creators might not have intended. Buck up, fill the mentioned void and share to the world for epic glory. If that someone gets an official stamp of approval (ACE3 being OS and all ;D) from the involved mods then fucking yay :D

So, after going WAY off-topic. Can't we start a new thread for this discussion rather than to fill ACE3's thread with it over and over again? :)

• Like 2

Hi guys,  i spent my evening trying to make ieds with pressure plate... so i thought on puting it here my findings for other people as well..

Basicaly all you need is to call this:

/*
 * Author: Garth 'L-H' de Wet
 * Places an explosive at the requested position
 * Arguments:
 * 0: Unit <OBJECT>
 * 1: Position to place explosive <POSITION>
 * 2: Rotation <NUMBER>
 * 3: Magazine class <STRING>
 * 4: Config of trigger <STRING>
 * 5: Variables required for the trigger type <ARRAY>
 * 6: Explosive placeholder <OBJECT> <OPTIONAL>
 * Return Value:
 * Placed explosive <OBJECT>
 * Example:
 * _explosive = [player, player modelToWorldVisual [0,0.5, 0.1], 134,
 *  "SatchelCharge_Remote_Mag", "Command", []] call ACE_Explosives_fnc_placeExplosive;
 * Public: Yes
 */

example of usage in an object init:

explosive = [this, position this,random 360,   "iEDurbanSmall_Remote_Mag", "PressurePlate", []] call ACE_Explosives_fnc_placeExplosive;hideObject this;

• Like 1

Not sure why but the earplugs do not work nor do the default #5 key work.  They show they are activated but do not defen the noise

Hi !

I have a problem on my server. When we check the pulse or tension we don't have number but we have "Low - Normal - High". It is possible to enable the numbers ?

Second question, it's possible to assign custom characters as medic without to be on a medic slot ? Because i use custom characters and they can't use some medical stuff.

Last question, in the module when i set the medical vehicles, should I set the classename like (( "Car1", "Car2" )) or (( Car1, Car2 ))? And i can i set some buildings to be medical buildings ?

Thank you !

Hey ACE guys.

I really want a configurable button to quick order a civilian or any non-my-side unit to "Halt" ->civilian raise hands up /armed with no morale surrenders

It was impossible for me to interact with running civilians in a recent mission :/

Hey ACE guys.

I really want a configurable button to quick order a civilian or any non-my-side unit to "Halt" ->civilian raise hands up /armed with no morale surrenders

It was impossible for me to interact with running civilians in a recent mission :/

Errr aint that MCCs feature? MCC interaction key (to shout at ai) is disabled if ACE is used at the same time, substituted with the interact key and its own ace menu options when used with an ai. The next release will re-enable it though so you can shout "get down halt" at ai from afar once more, so just wait for that.

Hi !
I have a problem on my server. When we check the pulse or tension we don't have number but we have "Low - Normal - High". It is possible to enable the numbers ?
Second question, it's possible to assign custom characters as medic without to be on a medic slot ? Because i use custom characters and they can't use some medical stuff.

Last question, in the module when i set the medical vehicles, should I set the classename like (( "Car1", "Car2" )) or (( Car1, Car2 ))? And i can i set some buildings to be medical buildings ?

Thank you !

Its been a little while since I actually did this (I don't really make missions, just messing around in the editor). Anyways to the best of my knowledge you set up the medic with the ACE modules, much the same was as you'd set up a medical vehicle, place the module and then link it to who you want the medic to be. When someone is set up as the medic, they will have more information (the pulse and blood pressure numbers you're after) when diagnosing vs. a regular soldier. Hope this was helpful.

Errr aint that MCCs feature? MCC interaction key (to shout at ai) is disabled if ACE is used at the same time, substituted with the interact key and its own ace menu options when used with an ai. The next release will re-enable it though so you can shout "get down halt" at ai from afar once more, so just wait for that.

Not necessarily MCC's feature.

I m asking for this because ACE has already many  configurable *keyboard shortcuts.

If you play a mission having civilians run around (and bombers between them) ..you ll NEVER have the time

to go through *normal Interaction menu (which i love..but it doesn't apply to this situation).

You always can try it for yourself if it works..

Hello ACE guys!

First sorry if i was already asked, but in that case, I miss it.

I want a pair of info. Time ago I used AGM, and I use a function called "is_medic" or somethingh like in init of the unit. There is a way to have it again with ACE? I see thet in the description of ACE there is somethingh like, but I don't understand well how to make it work, if I have to sync with a module or write somethingh in the init? And in case I die and respawn, the init or module is still active?

Another question: there is a way to load an unit that I carry on? Cause for the prisoner I see the option "load captive in cargo", but there is a way to load a wounded unit? :icon_question:  :icon_question:

Last thingh: I see a new function called "search" in interaction menu. What is this?

Hope someone can help me with all my questions.

Have a nice time all :)

I'm currently trying to find a workaround to the forced walking problem. I want to add an action to the legs of players who have ( (_target getHit "legs" >= 0.50) && (_target call ace_medical_fnc_isInStableCondition) ), so only another player or the medic can do something like splint the leg and fix the forced walking without having to use a PAK.

This is the code I wrote so far:

_fixWalking = ["fixWalkingAction","Apply splint to leg","",{_target setHit ["legs", 0]},{(_target getHit "legs" >= 0.50) && (_target call ace_medical_fnc_isInStableCondition)}] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;
        [player , 0, ["ACE_LegLeft"],_fixWalking] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;
        [player , 0, ["ACE_LegRight"],_fixWalking] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;

Would that work, or how would I go about it to achieve my goal?

@belbo:

I posted this two pages ago:

(self action)

// Supposed to be ran in initPlayerLocal.sqf

// Create the action
_fixWalking = ["fixWalkingAction","Fix forced walking","",{player setHit ["legs", 0]},{(player getHit "legs" >= 0.50) && (player call ace_medical_fnc_isInStableCondition)}] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;

// Assign it to the current player
[player , 1, ["ACE_SelfActions"],_fixWalking] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;

If you wanted someone else to do the action this would look like this

// Create the action
_fixWalking = ["fixWalkingAction","Apply splint to leg","",{cursorTarget setHit ["legs", 0]},{(cursorTarget getHit "legs" >= 0.50) && (cursorTarget call ace_medical_fnc_isInStableCondition)}] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;

[player , 0, ["ACE_LegRight"],_fixWalking] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;
[player , 0, ["ACE_LegLeft"],_fixWalking] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;

Note; this takes into account the legs selection and not the hitpoints, meaning that fixing one will fix both.

if you want to make the "leg fix" available in self on the legs:

// Create the action
_fixWalking = ["fixWalkingAction","Apply splint to leg","",{player setHit ["legs", 0]},{(player getHit "legs" >= 0.50) && (player call ace_medical_fnc_isInStableCondition)}] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;

[player , 1, ["ACE_SelfActions","Medical","ACE_LegRight"],_fixWalking] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;
[player , 1, ["ACE_SelfActions","Medical","ACE_LegLeft"],_fixWalking] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;
  • Like 1

Note; this takes into account the legs selection and not the hitpoints, meaning that fixing one will fix both.

That's fine by me, since the damage of one leg makes both useless. ;) Thank you very much, I worked on the base of your post two pages ago, but I should have thought of the cursortarget-thingy. Now I know, thumbs up! :)

#edit: Unfortunately, it doesn't work...

_fixWalking = ["fixWalkingAction","Bein schienen","",{cursorTarget setHit ["legs", 0]},{ (player getVariable ["ACE_medical_medicClass",0] > 0) && (cursorTarget getHit "legs" >= 0.50) && (cursorTarget call ace_medical_fnc_isInStableCondition) }] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;

creates the action, but

don't add the action to the players. I thought about using ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToClass with the class "MAN". Hopefully that works.

#edit2: Nope, it doesn't.

Is it possible to get temperature of current weapon? And set temperatureof a weapon? I need this for my mod.

Hello, Iv kinda have a question/problem?

I am running RHS ESCALATION + ACE 3 + ASR AI + SWT MARKERS

Do I have to:

1. Delete ACE AI and ACE Markers?

2. Move the optional ACE RHS pbo's to the addons folder?

3. What is the tracers pbo and server pbo? what do they do and are they important?

Thanks!!

@irving_mainway : Thank You fr the medic !

Other question, I want to block ACE INterection Self key and Ace Interaction Key. Do you know what is the name of the keys ?

Like this :

_mapKey = SEL(actionKeys "ShowMap",0);

i Want this 

_ACESelfInteraction = SEL(actionKeys "SelfInteractKey",0);

case _ACESelfInteraction : {if (xxxx]) exitWith {hint "Nop you cant"};};

Thank

ARMA 2 ACE - fnc_bodybag.sqf

/* ace_sys_wounds(.pbo) - fnc_bodybag.sqf | (c) 2012, 2013 by rocko */

#include "script_component.hpp"

PARAMS_1(_body);

_pos = getPos _body;
_pos set [2, _body distance _pos];
_bodybag = "Body" createVehicle _pos;
_bodybag setDir (getDir _body);
_bodybag setPos _pos;
if (!isNil {_body getVariable QGVAR(deadbody_vname)}) then {
	_bodybag setVariable [QGVAR(deadbody_vname), _body getVariable QGVAR(deadbody_vname), true];
};
deleteVehicle _body;
player removeMagazine "ACE_Bodybag";

false

Arma 3 ACE - fnc_actionPlaceInBodyBag.sqf

/*
 * Author: Glowbal
 * Replace a (dead) body by a body bag
 * Arguments:
 * 0: The actor <OBJECT>
 * 1: The patient <OBJECT>
 * Return Value:
 * body bag <OBJECT>
 * Public: Yes
 */

#include "script_component.hpp"

private ["_position", "_headPos", "_spinePos", "_dirVect", "_direction", "_bodyBag"];
params ["_caller", "_target"];

if (alive _target) then {
    [_target, true] call FUNC(setDead);
};

_position = (getPosASL _target) vectorAdd [0, 0, 0.2];

_headPos  = _target modelToWorldVisual (_target selectionPosition "head");
_spinePos = _target modelToWorldVisual (_target selectionPosition "Spine3");
_dirVect = _headPos vectorFromTo _spinePos;
_direction = _dirVect call CBA_fnc_vectDir;

deleteVehicle _target;

_bodyBag = createVehicle ["ACE_bodyBagObject", _position, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

// prevent body bag from flipping
_bodyBag setPosASL _position;
_bodyBag setDir _direction;

_bodyBag

It is not enough:

if (!isNil {_body getVariable QGVAR(deadbody_vname)}) then {
	_bodybag setVariable [QGVAR(deadbody_vname), _body getVariable QGVAR(deadbody_vname), true];
};

Hey guys and hey ACE 3 devs,

One of my fellow clan member called my attention on something he would suggest you guys:

No matter what helmet chosen in ArmA you are more or less obligated to bring ear plugs with you (If you don't want to get deaf by your Mar-10 loving Marksman xD)This is normal in most cases except if you have a electronic hearing protection like the MSA Sordin.

They are designed to amplify sound around you and cancel all damaging sound, like a gunshot or a loud chopper hovering around you.

As many of the helmets in ArmA have those headsets in the model, I think this is a missed opportunity. You could put the headset in the self interaction menu to turn it on and add an item, like normal AAA batteries for example, to compensate for not taking earplugs with us.

Also it would be cool if you could use the IR Strobe build in the helmets. ^^

Hear have some pictures:

view?usp=sharinghttps://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4x7N57WyGnSMHpmT3k0MVg5MWc/view?usp=sharing

view?usp=sharinghttps://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4x7N57WyGnSZG5YQkJWRkp6aGs/view?usp=sharing

(Pictures taken and edited by my clan member - any Spelling Errors belong to him xD)

Thats all.
I'd like to hear what you think of it.

Many Greetings
Moony

*snip*

That's a good idea, though the screenshots would probably have been easier to view had the helmet in question been worn by a character in-game, rather than being half-clipped into the ground and looking like a mutant crab-rock-hybrid.

• Like 2

Yeah maybe, but one should know how that helmet looks like. I mean its not like its a mod. Its a vanilla arma 3 helmed (the color might be different because I'm sure he used the Euroforce-Mod while creating these screenshots...The helmets though are the same!)

Hey Guys,

What pbo's do I need to remove to completey disable ACE3 medical?

I hate to do this but the problems are getting so clunky I think I'll just do with out it

- can't order ai squadmate to heal themselves or each other because of missing FAK

- damage scale is crazy depending on what addons I use. Some addons are grossly undamageable, others die if you breath on them

- some of the newer survival/infected/zombie mods only do one type of damage that ACE3 doesn't recognize making you invincible

- certain types of scritped vanilla damage aren't even accessable anymore.

I've tried removing just the medical and medical menu pbo's but certain types of hitdamage issues remain keeping any type of vanilla damage from working. If I deactivate the ACE3 altogether everything's runs smooth vanilla.

I would like to keep everything ACE3 thats not damage or medical related, what would I need to pull?

B

Hey Guys,

What pbo's do I need to remove to completey disable ACE3 medical?

I hate to do this but the problems are getting so clunky I think I'll just do with out it

- can't order ai squadmate to heal themselves or each other because of missing FAK

- damage scale is crazy depending on what addons I use. Some addons are grossly undamageable, others die if you breath on them

- some of the newer survival/infected/zombie mods only do one type of damage that ACE3 doesn't recognize making you invincible

- certain types of scritped vanilla damage aren't even accessable anymore.

I've tried removing just the medical and medical menu pbo's but certain types of hitdamage issues remain keeping any type of vanilla damage from working. If I deactivate the ACE3 altogether everything's runs smooth vanilla.

I would like to keep everything ACE3 thats not damage or medical related, what would I need to pull?

B

I think u can take a look to the wiky feature of ACE3. There is the description of the item in question and at the end of the page there is the "dependencies". Take a look. Maybe it could help!

http://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/

Yeah, did this snakebite...but if you remove interation, modules, and apl...they are tied into tons of not damage related features.

Looking for anything that would tie into damage, hitpoints etc.

B

Yeah, did this snakebite...but if you remove interation, modules, and apl...they are tied into tons of not damage related features.

Looking for anything that would tie into damage, hitpoints etc.

B

i would also like this-just for certain scenarios.

will there be comming a fix / different way for the spare tires soon?

cause atm with the tires hovering a few hundred meters above the vehicles looks kinda odd