acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Thanks for this Commy.

I tried this before I posted my issue with the ambient sound module and my sound was still not playing at all. I followed that post and still no luck on getting the sound to work. I have the sound I want to play in my mission file main directory and the file format is OGG. Do you have any solutions to what it could be.

Thanks for this Commy.

I tried this before I posted my issue with the ambient sound module and my sound was still not playing at all. I followed that post and still no luck on getting the sound to work. I have the sound I want to play in my mission file main directory and the file format is OGG. Do you have any solutions to what it could be.

Have you defined the sounds in description.ext? It's required since the instructions speak of class names instead of filenames.

CfgSounds

Have you defined the sounds in description.ext? It's required since the instructions speak of class names instead of filenames.

CfgSounds

Oh... I have not, I tried a method like that with a trigger system but still never got it the way I wanted it "3d Sound". But I will try this method with the ACE3 Module and see if it works.

Thanks

Is there a way to have ACE3 settings be set/configured via a script in a mission, instead of having to rely on the host/user's userconfig?

Guest hellghost

Hi, ACE Team,

Can you make an alternative to being able to don't have the flash suppressors please ?

Because I make personnal files for barrel extensions, and all working correctly, but for an unknow reason, the flash suppressors still shown even without adding them in the config' file and adding the "ace_common" entry in the "requiredAddons" line in the files.

Maybe I missed an entry to add, and if it's the case, can you give me these info ?

Until I can have an answer, I still searching to find how to hide these flash suppressors.

Even adding a "scope = 0;" in a config' file using the flash suppressors to force hiding them cause errors at the Main Menu.

Like they are completely useless and really not adapted, and I must admit it, totally ugly, an alternate version for being able to hide them should be really great, or even if you completely delete them, that's a nice option.

Thanks for the work you've done on ACE 3 !

EDIT : Ok, just forget the "ace_ballistics" addon.

Now, I have two error messages at start with the LMG Zafir.

I think that you need to take a look at this on your own side.

Still about the discreteDistance and discreteDistanceIndex if I remember well.

If I add these lines in my files for the Zafir, there is no more issues, but I don't have to do it without ACE, so I can say at 98% that you modify something that cause this issue, surely in the "ace_ballistics" file, because the issue appear when adding it to the dependency addons.

Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to have a vehicle with a crate already loaded in at the mission's start? I've searched in the wiki but didn't find out.

Hey.

I still have some test to do... But when i Updated ACE & MCC in my last mission... My game was crashing on mission load. Reverting to past version of ACE3 fixed the issue. First time we encounter an issue like this with ACE.

I dont know what is causing it. 

I'm having an issue and I'm not sure where else to look for help. I'm trying to make my loadout in the virtual arsenal, but there doesn't seem to be any way to use a rocket launcher that is disposable. It just gives you the empty tube with no way to load it, even if you saved the loadout while it was loaded. Any help would be appreciated!

I cannot repair tacks in RHS vehicles, and tracers from normal rifles are like 30 mm. Please dont tell me to create next account this time on ACE feedback tracker - i've got account on almost every mod feedback tracker.

Can you make an alternative to being able to don't have the flash suppressors please ?

Because I make personnal files for barrel extensions, and all working correctly, but for an unknow reason, the flash suppressors still shown even without adding them in the config' file and adding the "ace_common" entry in the "requiredAddons" line in the files.

Maybe I missed an entry to add, and if it's the case, can you give me these info ?

Until I can have an answer, I still searching to find how to hide these flash suppressors.

Even adding a "scope = 0;" in a config' file using the flash suppressors to force hiding them cause errors at the Main Menu.

Hello,

If you don't like them you can delete ace_flashsuppressors.pbo.

Coding advice: If you want to hide any class from showing up in the editor, zeus, arsenal etc. you have to set the scope to 1 (protected), not 0 (private). Setting the scope of any class to private when it has protected or public parents is illegal and hence the error message.

Now, I have two error messages at start with the LMG Zafir.

I think that you need to take a look at this on your own side.

Still about the discreteDistance and discreteDistanceIndex if I remember well.

If I add these lines in my files for the Zafir, there is no more issues, but I don't have to do it without ACE, so I can say at 98% that you modify something that cause this issue, surely in the "ace_ballistics" file, because the issue appear when adding it to the dependency addons.

ace_scopes.pbo removes the discrete distances in favor of our own scope adjustment system.

http://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/scopes.html

We disable discreteDistance and discreteDistanceIndex there, because otherwise 2 adjustment systems would influence each other obviously.

Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to have a vehicle with a crate already loaded in at the mission's start? I've searched in the wiki but didn't find out.

Currently not. The API for ace_cargo is still WIP and subject to change.

I'm having an issue and I'm not sure where else to look for help. I'm trying to make my loadout in the virtual arsenal, but there doesn't seem to be any way to use a rocket launcher that is disposable. It just gives you the empty tube with no way to load it, even if you saved the loadout while it was loaded. Any help would be appreciated!

If you press preview and use the launcher it will be replaced by this empty tube. You have to go back to the arsenal and select a new launcher again and dont shoot it before exporting your loadout.

I still have some test to do... But when i Updated ACE & MCC in my last mission... My game was crashing on mission load. Reverting to past version of ACE3 fixed the issue. First time we encounter an issue like this with ACE.

I dont know what is causing it.

Hello,

I don't know either what was causing that and it's impossible to tell without a RPT file.

I cannot repair tacks in RHS vehicles, and tracers from normal rifles are like 30 mm. Please dont tell me to create next account this time on ACE feedback tracker - i've got account on almost every mod feedback tracker.

Yes, you need an account to post on github.com.

Are you planning to add MaxTide to map configs as a part of your weather realism overhaul?

hello,

i can't get the revive module to work. i placed the revive-settings-module, set revive to "enable" and set "max revive lifes" to 10.

however, when playtesting in MP, shot players could not be revived, but were instantly dead, when lethaly hit.

i didn't set up any kind of bis respawn in description.ext. is ace-revive dependant on bis respawn, or did i miss soemthing else?

hello,

i can't get the revive module to work. i placed the revive-settings-module, set revive to "enable" and set "max revive lifes" to 10.

however, when playtesting in MP, shot players could not be revived, but were instantly dead, when lethaly hit.

i didn't set up any kind of bis respawn in description.ext. is ace-revive dependant on bis respawn, or did i miss soemthing else?

Did you enable 'prevent instant death' in the Medical module settings?

Did you enable 'prevent instant death' in the Medical module settings?

yes, i did that. (my understanding was, that "prevent instant death" and "revive enabled" werde not dependent on each other, because the "prevent instant death" would only give you a change of surviving an otherwise lethal hit, while the "revive" should onlny kick in, when the medical system declares you "dead", giving your teammates the change to revive you nevertheless. at least that is, how it worked in ace for arma 2, if i remember correctly)

Would it work if I added this to the config of my units? Or do I have to add it to gear somewhere? "ACE_GForceCoef = 0"

Can you disable certain modules and play with others who have them enabled?

For example, I removed the goggle module. I make a multiplayer server and I do not have the goggle effect. However, when my friend who has the goggle module connects, it tells him that it is missing, he hits OK, and then it boots him back to the initial joining screen where you select a spot. 

Do I need to make a change on the map to allow this?

yes, i did that. (my understanding was, that "prevent instant death" and "revive enabled" werde not dependent on each other, because the "prevent instant death" would only give you a change of surviving an otherwise lethal hit, while the "revive" should onlny kick in, when the medical system declares you "dead", giving your teammates the change to revive you nevertheless. at least that is, how it worked in ace for arma 2, if i remember correctly)

In the revive module set it to players only.

• Like 1

Medical requires Interaction, Interact_Menu, Common and Main.

Drag & Carry is done by, ... well Dragging.pbo. Dragging requires the same PBOs as Medical.

Details can be read here: http://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/

Derp. Thanks! Could have swore we looked for something like that. Kooky. Will check again when I get home. That's what happens at 2am with Red Bull surging through you...

You miss the obvious sometimes. Thank you.

Hello Guys,

I have a problem with the last Versions from Ace3.

the Version 331 and 332 dont work here. PC and Linux Server!

The Problem ? No Error but Game Crash.

PC: I Install the New Version from Ace3 like 332 or 331 then i Start i my Arma. I come only to the Screen BI Prensets not to the Mainmenü from the Game. = Crash. with the Version 321 no Problems...

Linux server: I install it. I start the server but the Start up from this server will not end. = Crash No Error not other Infomation nothing. This i have since 331 and 332. The Version 321 work here too without Problems.

I dont have no idea why.

Sorry for my bad english i dont used it much :D

Hi,

is it possible to add cargo space to the huron cargo container ? Is there a function or else for ?

Thanks for reply.

1st JTOG Cypher

from Germany

is it possible to add cargo space to the huron cargo container ? Is there a function or else for ?

There's no prepared function, and I think it's pretty hard to do yourself, since available cargo space of an object is checked from CfgVehicles. But I agree that cargo space for the slingloadable cargo containers would be a good feature. I asked about it in the feature requests issue on github.

Edit: commy2 replied: "Cargo space for helicopters didn't make it in 3.2.0. Thats part of it and planned."

---

Question about interaction menu actions: I know how to add actions to the pre-existing categories, but I can't figure out if it's possible to add new categories for actions. Could anyone nudge me to the right direction if it's possible?

Edited by Magirot