acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Yeah, on my end too. Especially the AAF troops are affected by this. It's not as bad as with 3.3.0 now, but it's still too much.

I haven't changed any settings since 3.2.1 but the damage is quite terrible now yeah..It would sometimes take more than 30 bullets to kill a person....

This highlight shows the problem most clearly: http://www.twitch.tv/phonicgameshd/v/16679578

Another:

http://www.twitch.tv/phonicgameshd/v/16679184

Quite funny and frustrating at the same time. Will post it on github if no-one has done so tomorrow morning.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Has ACE mod did anything to the vanilla mines in editor? I couldn't get them to blow up at all unless i shot them off. Any ideas?

I haven't changed any settings since 3.2.1 but the damage is quite terrible now yeah..It would sometimes take more than 30 bullets to kill a person....

This highlight shows the problem most clearly: http://www.twitch.tv/phonicgameshd/v/16679578

Another:

http://www.twitch.tv/phonicgameshd/v/16679184

Quite funny and frustrating at the same time. Will post it on github if no-one has done so tomorrow morning.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Have you isolated this down to be ACE causing it ? We too are having issues with our modset - got RHS in the mix too.. Interested to hear your feedback

J

Have you isolated this down to be ACE causing it ? We too are having issues with our modset - got RHS in the mix too.. Interested to hear your feedback

J

For me this happens with ACE only.

J

RHS did update around the same time as ACE...and they do fancy to do their own damage handling/body armour values - but in this particular op the enemies were not RHS ones (they were Molatians from Isla Duala)...however I'll have to do some more testing if I want to narrow it down

We're getting sporadic server crashes, and clients reporting crash-to-desktop when firing certain launchers (since the update). Anyone else getting this issue?

We haven't isolated ACE as the cause yet (as we do run a fair number of mods), but would be interesting to know if anyone else is experiencing these issues since the update.

We're getting sporadic server crashes, and clients reporting crash-to-desktop when firing certain launchers (since the update). Anyone else getting this issue?

We haven't isolated ACE as the cause yet (as we do run a fair number of mods), but would be interesting to know if anyone else is experiencing these issues since the update.

This is a known issue: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/pull/2521

We'll be releasing a fix for it

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

Pretty new at this...

Question: I'm using the BASIC medical system - how do I get my medic to treat squad members ? How do I bandage up a squad member ( I can get it to work on myself - however the ACE menu to interact with others doesn't seem to allow me to actually select my choices) ?

Thanks,

Scott

Question: I'm using the BASIC medical system - how do I get my medic to treat squad members ? How do I bandage up a squad member ( I can get it to work on myself - however the ACE menu to interact with others doesn't seem to allow me to actually select my choices) ?

Hi, Scott. You may be interested in following davidoss' progress on this other thread using bardosy's automedic script.

You may have seen my post earlier in this ACE thread, asking the knowledgeable folks here about the variables that are used to register ACE damage. davidoss is thinking we need to know what they are, to be able to edit the script to detect when a medic needs to get to work.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/165907-automated-medic/page-3#entry2899886

How do you use the medical menu, i'm pressing the key and nothings happening 

NM its set to off by default for some reason 

Hi D...

Thanks so much for taking the time - I took a look at the thread you mentioned and it sounds promising...

That said - how does ACE3 work today ? If I'm wounded - will a medic in my squad ever help me ? Do I have to request it someway ?

I'd like to setup a mission where I can call in a "Dust Off" flight when my guys get wounded - with medics to treat them... I've been working with "Alive" for the past few weeks and I have most of the features figured out ( amazing mod )- I can call a med-evac flight on demand - just don't know how to get the medics to pick up the injured to remove them from the battle... Is something like this possible ?

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

Yes it is you can script this in.

But if there are no other players  there are no possibility to get healed because ACE 3 treatment is unavailable for AI medic units.

For that you need Bardosy script edited by me.

Since the update I can't use Ammo or Repair Trucks/Containers.

Anybody else have problems with that or know how to fix it?

Hi all.  I've just started using the latest version of ACE 3 on my server and have noticed that if i remove any PBO's from the add-on folder (ace_advanced_ballistics.pbo for instance), none of my friends can join unless they too remove the exact same PBO's.  Is there a way around this via whitelisting or PBO checking?  If so, could someone please give me a step by step on how to accomplish this?  Thanks.

Thanks also to all the ACE devs for really taking realism to a new level.  

Invisibull 

You could fork the mod and create your own version.... otherwise the only way is to tell people what to remove. You definitely don't want people joining with Slightly different builds. That's a recipe for disaster.

Worth noting that most of the functions are configurable now in mission using modules, Ballistics for instance - what benefit do you get from stripping PBOs out ?

Serjames, thanks for your quick response.  I use the bcombat script and I've noticed that I get an awful lot of lag during a firefight unless i remove certain PBO's related to ai behavior and ballistics.  As my experimentation is in a very preliminary stage, I don't know for sure which ones exactly are causing the issue, but I do know that after removing about 5, lag is no longer an issue during firefights. 

hmmm. Ai might be interesting one as uniquely I don't believe that is modular.... I think the request was made, But I'm not sure it was actioned yet....

out of interest - We've just stopped using bCombat as it seems to have become slightly un-balanced since all the Ai changes in 1.49 - I'm interested to hear it's improved FPS for you... I've not specifically noticed the same - though was not looking for it. I would consider re-applying bCombat but it does need to be updated  - I think Fab has RL issues in the way.

Hi ACETeam! good work!

Just Ask

1.I've put a module for spectator , And it isn't working .
How to make it work?

2.When should I use CPR on other players?

in basic CPR is only available when revive is enabled and it reset the revive timer, that way you can CPR the unit until the medic get to you and the patient and fixes him.

• Like 1

Is it just me or is the take prisoner option gone in 3.3.1?

Also I take damage to every body part from a small fall.

Did the new update do I anything to ai behaviour? Having some nice new suprises with them climbing up on towers etc? Oh and walking across bridges for the first time ever instead of swiming lol.