acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Try to reproduce it with:

-mod=@CBA_A3;@ace;

Tried changing @ace as instructed above in the startup line, the server and my local machine just hang on the Arma 3 splash screen and will not proceed any further.

*Update*

It works when I don't start up with our groups main modpack.

Guess I will need to go through the mods one by one until I find the culprit.

I wouldn't recommend doing it in the SP editor since it relies on netIDs to track units in the unit tree, it'll still mostly work though. Will work fine in the MP editor.

ace_spectator_fnc_setSpectator is given in the documentation.

Thx for fast reply, but does it mean I have to create a mission to do it?

Sorry I'm a noob in scripting.

Thx for fast reply, but does it mean I have to create a mission to do it?

Sorry I'm a noob in scripting.

Not scripting :) To use the MP editor you just host a server and then create a new mission from the mission select screen there. The editor accessed via the main menu is the single player editor.

Hello, all. This question concerns ACE medical damage variables: What are the variable names, and how might we use them for detecting injuries requiring treatment? See below for my full question.

For reference (EDIT: apologies, just realized I should check if my posting of the script below constitutes a forum violation. I will delete immediately if so.):

here is a functional copy of the ACE edit automedic script. In a mission folder, put this in a scripts\ subfolder. In the init of an AI medic unit, put: dummy = [this, units (group player)] execVM "scripts\automedic.sqf";

That is all you need to do to activate it.

Bardosy's automedic script

davidoss ACE adaptation (forum post)

davidoss made an ACE adaptation of Bardosy's automedic script about a month ago.

I only just started playing around with it since ACE 3.2.1, and am now running Ace 3.3.1.

The automedic script relies on reading vanilla Arma 3 damage. If you use a trigger with setDamage on an AI unit, the unit indicates red wounded status and calls for a medic. The medic sends Bardosy's scripted group chat, "I'll heal you!" or something like that. Healing works fine.

But using ACE, if I shoot the AI unit, the unit and medic do not register the ACE location damage, and the script does not activate the medic.

davidoss says we need to find out what variables are created and used by ACE for wounding, so that we can use those instead of the current getDammage _x > 0.1

Also, the script uses the "HealSoldier" action right now, which also may or may not work with ACE damage. I may also just be a clueless script n00b, b/c the script then sets the _injured unit's variables (a whole bunch of QGVAR medical variables) to 0, true, or 100. That is probably what actually heals the soldier. (sorry, only just learning how to script at all, SQF or otherwise)

I also cannot force-order the medic to heal the AI I just shot (I reset my player rating, so they don't aggro on me).

i still seem to have the bug where there are loads of tyres/wheels in the sky, anyone know a fix? as i thought this was fixed in the latest patch?

how you do diss!!!!

Ctrl + V.  Sometimes have to look at the object you want to climb over/onto in a specific spot.

• Like 1

The file checking is there to stay. It saves us from a ton of false bug reports. Everyone has to have the same version of every file to guarantee this mod to work. You'll all have to live with that.

Just to clarify, I misunderstood what alganthe meant and what mine and Meaty's problem was. I didn't mean that the feature is unwanted. Meaty's issue was likely extracting/pasting the old version over the new one when reverting.

---

Is Advanced Medical's Heal hitpoints / ace_medical_healHitPointAfterAdvBandage parameter working for others? I opened an issue (2498), but it feels weird that no one has mentioned it yet, given how much attention the feature got in this thread when it was added.

I've been crashing at the splash screen as well post update, but I have no doubt it's a mod conflict as opposed to ACE3 (I'm at 80 mods, it's time for spring cleaning). If I figure out what it is I'll update for reference's sake!

I've been crashing at the splash screen as well post update, but I have no doubt it's a mod conflict as opposed to ACE3 (I'm at 80 mods, it's time for spring cleaning). If I figure out what it is I'll update for reference's sake!

Holy moly ... 

80 mods?  That's your problem.  I'm pretty sure the game has to read all files from all of those mods, so that's going to hit performance considerably to begin with.  Not to mention all the compatibility issues you may run into.  Personally, I play with maybe 10 at most at a time.  I have a bunch of mods disabled in my ArmA 3 directory which I may turn on for specific missions/servers, but it is generally advised to only enable mods you're actually going to use because of the issues and performance hit you can potentially suffer from.  Also, remember to Verify Game Cache after ArmA 3 updates!

80 mods?  That's your problem.

Oh trust me, I know!

Anyone else getting a battle eye error for some Ace DLLs ?

Y4v77EU.png

Why after the update does it take like 60 rounds to kill someone? Why I hate stock Arma, and now it's back in ACE after the latest updates? Specially someone with body armor, and certian unit mods I had to stop using all together because it was just ridiculous. Do I really have to go back to using LKR ammo if I want realism in my game?  Why isn't there locational damage? I shoot someone in the face and see blood spray out, but they just twitch and keep on going. Retarded.

Is Advanced Medical's Heal hitpoints / ace_medical_healHitPointAfterAdvBandage parameter working for others? I opened an issue (2498), but it feels weird that no one has mentioned it yet, given how much attention the feature got in this thread when it was added.

I also don't seem to get any wounds from vehicle crashes anymore with Advanced Medical, even though the option is enabled. I can't check it with more players now, so I'll hold with opening an issue, but if anyone else using Advanced Medical has time to test it, it would be nice.

A restart seems to have updated BE and all is well in the world...

Why after the update does it take like 60 rounds to kill someone? Why I hate stock Arma, and now it's back in ACE after the latest updates? Specially someone with body armor, and certian unit mods I had to stop using all together because it was just ridiculous. Do I really have to go back to using LKR ammo if I want realism in my game?  Why isn't there locational damage? I shoot someone in the face and see blood spray out, but they just twitch and keep on going. Retarded.

We are having the same problem as well.

Well you can use this temporary fix:

Load whatever mission you are using into the editor, place the Medical Settings module, search for AI Damage, type in -1 or -2 and click OK. That should make AIs die from 1-2 shots.

Hello

Thanks for the great work!

I am trying to find information on the Logistics system so that I can tweak it beyond what the modules provide and I have difficulty finding info. I searched all over http://ace3mod.com/wiki/index.htmland I used the search tool for this thread and I can't find where the documentation is other than for wirecutters and uav batteries, so I'm going to ask here.

Is it possible to prevent certain crates from being loaded and if so, how?

Great start on the logistics system BTW!

We are having the same problem as well.

Yeah, on my end too. Especially the AAF troops are affected by this. It's not as bad as with 3.3.0 now, but it's still too much.

I noticed that the visible tyres have disappeared but when I drop our 3CB vehicles down they have an invisible tyre still floating up there at 200ft. It's marked when you use Zeus and follows the unit around. Is this correct or a bug ? I ask as I saw some vanilla vehicles did NOT have the invisible kit...

Cheers

SJ