acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

The wheel changing feature seems to work with all RHS wheeled vehicles except the HUMVEE'S :huh:

Are you guys planning on fixing atropine so it doesn't lower heart rate?

Also the new medical ui options are super cool.

I think this is the correct RPT file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Gnai6pJDI_WVUwQVlyOWZzVzA/view?usp=sharing

Our Mod List

• ACE 3
  • All in Arma Terrain Pack
  • CBA_A3
  • Robert Hammer weapons pack
  • Massi's Weapon pack
  • CSAT Alternative
  • CTab
  • JBad
  • LMount
  • MV22B
  • Shack Hud
  • TF47 launchers
  • UKC3B vehicles
  • Zodiac Boat

Additional Maps

• Isla Duala
  • Al Rayak
  • NZwasogo

Bad guys

• Massi African Rebels
  • Sub Insurgents
  • Like 1

is anyone having problems with previous ace version's missions?

I cannot launch ANY of my old ace missions...

I have went in the editor over the last hour and slowly built a mission adding one or two ace modules to the map at a time.. when i added the medical modules my missions would no longer load on my server.. I can select them, however, it would immediatly push me back to the mission selection screen..

i am going to investigate further.  These were missions that were perfectly playable with great frames and great AI.. i realy want to get these working again if i figure out what it is ill repost..

I do believe it was a remnant of an old modules once i recreated the whole mission from scratch it worked fine... just have to see whats up with the others.. 

THANKS FOR THE UPDATE !! LOVING IT!!!

I haven't tested this myself, but for those having problems, did you fellows just merge the new @ace with the old @ace, or did you delete the old @ace folder entirely before installing the new one?

Giving us error.   z\ace\addons\main\script_mod.hpp not found

Our dedicate server is not running. :-(

I think this is the correct RPT file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Gnai6pJDI_WVUwQVlyOWZzVzA/view?usp=sharing

Our Mod List

• ACE 3
  • All in Arma Terrain Pack
  • CBA_A3
  • Robert Hammer weapons pack
  • Massi's Weapon pack
  • CSAT Alternative
  • CTab
  • JBad
  • LMount
  • MV22B
  • Shack Hud
  • TF47 launchers
  • UKC3B vehicles
  • Zodiac Boat
Additional Maps[/size]

• Isla Duala
  • Al Rayak
  • NZwasogo
Bad guys[/size]

• Massi African Rebels
  • Sub Insurgents

Its the same issue im having, nice to know that im not the only one.

Works for me like a charm! Thank you guys, for your hard and splendid work.

I have a question about «repair Dots»: Sometimes they are not shown for for custom (modded) vehicles and helicopters (for example there is no «dot» for engine in RHS MI-24). Is there any way to set them up by hand? (Or they bound to the hit points of model?)

Also: Is there Fuel can for refueling vehicles?

Nou has it on his todo list but It won't be fixed in 3.3

Glad to hear! There is a lot of flyboys that really would love some love from ACE 3. CCIP, working lasing, radar options etc etc. :)

after the last update when i try to open the editor a message pops up "error protection is up to date". I dont know what to do!

Is there any way to make ACE Spectator work with these respawn templates?

respawn = 2;
respawnDelay = 5;
respawnVehicleDelay = 60;
respawnTemplates[] = {"MenuPosition","MenuInventory","Tickets","ace_spectator"};
respawnTemplatesVirtual[] = {};

I tried to merge it into my Zeus framework after reading the documentation, but I can't find a working solution. After player joins the server, he instantly enters spectator for a brief moment (~1s) and then spawns automatically if there is a spawn available.

After respawning and dying (suiciding or pressing esc->respawn), player witnesses his own death the spectator mode external view and then gets right back to respawn menu (menuposition or menuinventory), unable to spectate other players.

I must've gotten something wrong, because I thought it was supposed to kick in every time player dies without putting him back to the respawn menu, the documentation says respawning again should result in returning back to regular respawn mode.

also for the love of god, can you disable the thing where it checks to see if a pbo is outdated (even without the checkpbo module on the map), and if it isnt, ends the mission/game? its REALLY bloody annoying. I was gonna hold off updateing to 3.3 and wait for the hotfix, but nope, i've been forced to just so i can finish building missions!

@Meaty that's not an issue caused by ACE, we do not force you to update nor we have anything in place to do it.

It does seem to be caused by ACE:

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/1ea1094a7366604e2695b3d5bf9f6f1072a7dc2a/addons/common/functions/fnc_checkFiles.sqf

I have no idea why I occasionally get it too.

Edit: Screenshot, and when I click ok, it runs findDisplay 46 closeDisplay 0 which ends the mission.

Edit 2: Ah, of course, ace_protection.pbo was removed in the newest version, I had done a lazy update.

Edited by Magirot

want play with enable The Ball tracers In multiplayer.Ball tracers option pbo a need on server?

Is there any way to make ACE Spectator work with these respawn templates?

Those RespawnMenu and RespawnPosition templates aren't very compatible with other templates in general, they mess with the playerRespawnTime in order to make it indefinite and display their menu while your dead (which means they take place at the same time as the spectator template does). I added public API functions for use cases like these so that you don't have to rely on the basic spectator template.

To use it alongside those specific templates you'd need to either delay those menus with custom code (not sure if it's even possible to do so reliably) or to have people enter spectator while technically still alive. I should actually add a section to the documentation detailing the template's interaction with BI templates. I'll be updating it anyway to improve some of the explanations and clarify things.

• Like 1

How would I go about adding it while they're technically still alive? OnPlayerKilled is not an option I guess.

That's more of a scripting question than an ace one, but I'll bite.

I don't think you can make it seamless, you'd need to have them select their respawn position and then just use ace_spectator_fnc_setSpectator and ace_spectator_fnc_stageSpectator on respawn and again when you want them to actually "respawn".

In general, the menu templates just aren't compatible due to the way they function. You could write custom ones or try to recreate the BI templates after the point of respawn, but that goes beyond the scope of this thread.

So the options are either:

• Create your own "death" (aka spectator) state that isn't the actual dead state
  • Create custom menu templates
  • Compromise to incompatibility limitations

I haven't tested this myself, but for those having problems, did you fellows just merge the new @ace with the old @ace, or did you delete the old @ace folder entirely before installing the new one?

See my answer above.

It does seem to be caused by ACE:

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/1ea1094a7366604e2695b3d5bf9f6f1072a7dc2a/addons/common/functions/fnc_checkFiles.sqf

I have no idea why I occasionally get it too.

Edit: Screenshot, and when I click ok, it runs findDisplay 46 closeDisplay 0 which ends the mission.

Edit 2: Ah, of course, ace_protection.pbo was removed in the newest version, I had done a lazy update.

The file checking is there to stay. It saves us from a ton of false bug reports. Everyone has to have the same version of every file to guarantee this mod to work. You'll all have to live with that.

• Like 1

I wouldn't recommend doing it in the SP editor since it relies on netIDs to track units in the unit tree, it'll still mostly work though. Will work fine in the MP editor.

ace_spectator_fnc_setSpectator is given in the documentation.