acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Great update. can't wait to install it on our community server.

Thanks a lot. :D

Question. How can I have custom damage applied to a player when using ACE3 advanced medical configuration? I'm using setHit command, using the hitpoints names that are in the configuration ("head", "neck", "leg_r", etc) and it is not applying any damage. It is working with basic medical configuration thouigh.

There is no public API for wounds yet.

• Like 1

Will you add the repair modules for Zeus? Like you did with medical ones. Also - what happened to fragmentation?

I'm not sure what you're referring to with fragmentation, however we should hopefully be adding a bunch of handy zeus modules over time as features become more developed and accessible via public APIs and such.

(That's certainly my plan and I've been handling most of the zeus related stuff so far :))

• Like 1

I'm not sure what you're referring to with fragmentation, however we should hopefully be adding a bunch of handy zeus modules over time as features become more developed and accessible via public APIs and such.

(That's certainly my plan and I've been handling most of the zeus related stuff so far :))

Zeus is so overlooked by modders, glad to have you implementing all the cool stuff, thank you. I don't understand why Zeus is so underappreciated - it's a great tool.

Needs. More. Modules. B)

I was refering to the lack of grenade frag coming out of the nades I noticed after installing the broken release. Can't wait for the hotfix, I don't want to be nosy but is there any ETA on that?

Why can't I lase weapons with my F/A-18F?

Maybe it's uncompatible with ACE?

Zeus is so overlooked by modders, glad to have you implementing all the cool stuff, thank you. I don't understand why Zeus is so underappreciated - it's a great tool.

Needs. More. Modules. B)

I was refering to the lack of grenade frag coming out of the nades I noticed after installing the broken release. Can't wait for the hotfix, I don't want to be nosy but is there any ETA on that?

Maybe it's uncompatible with ACE?

Can I delete the PBOs?

You should be able to, ACE is built modularly. Before you do anything violent, I would recommend seeing if it works w/o ACE first.

The mod is built modularly, so almost any included PBO can be easily removed from the configuration. This way, a team can maintain its own tailored version of ACE3 by simply excluding any components they don't need, or those possibly in conflict with other mods. Modules themselves, e.g. the medical system, also include various customization options, allowing mission designers to tweak the overall experience.

also for the love of god, can you disable the thing where it checks to see if a pbo is outdated (even without the checkpbo module on the map), and if it isnt, ends the mission/game? its REALLY bloody annoying. I was gonna hold off updateing to 3.3 and wait for the hotfix, but nope, i've been forced to just so i can finish building missions!

• Like 1

There is no public API for wounds yet.

If I understand it correctly, I can't interact with the damage recieved by player in any way,only the arma 3 engine can? Thanks in advance

@Meaty that's not an issue caused by ACE, we do not force you to update nor we have anything in place to do it.

@zriel what he meant is that we do not have public APIs for wounds, meaning that the current functions are subject to changes and are not documented on the wiki.

But it is strange though that setHit is not working at all for advanced medical damage, and without issues on basic medical damage. 

Advanced Combat Environment 3 Updated
Version 3.3.1

Download:
Github

Changelog Summary:

CHANGED:

• Better cargo space values for trucks, quadbikes, karts, boats, jets and submarines.(#2465)

FIXED:

• Fix Advanced Ballistic Performance Impact(#2458)
  • Fix Broken Eventhandler System

ADDED:

• Check for Bad XEH on Units(#2439)

A full list of merged pull requests

is there plans for fast roping in any upcoming releases or has that been put on hold?

EDIT 1:12pm:

one other quesiton, any plans or is it possible to set the explosives to where instead of having to set the charges off one by one we can have a clacker/fuse that connects to multiple charges to set them all off at once? thatd be really handy.

is there plans for fast roping in any upcoming releases or has that been put on hold?

Hasn't been discussed at length so take this with a grain of salt, but based on what I know it won't be in any upcoming versions as there isn't a clear solution that meets our standards.

Download link doesn't work.

It totally does :D If it still doesn't work then it can be found here: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/releases

My server still wont start with this new hotfix update :-(

im still getting the "Attempt to override final function - rscunitinfo_script" error in my dedicated server rpt.

Please Help :-( 

So far in my testing the HOTFIX has FIXED every issue me and my group had last night. Everything for us is working great. Thanks so much ACE team, this is the update me and my group were really anticipating !

My server still wont start with this new hotfix update :-(

im still getting the "Attempt to override final function - rscunitinfo_script" error in my dedicated server rpt.

Please Help :-( 

This doesn't seem like an ace issue to me, if you could post your server's rpt file on pastebin or similar then we could take a look at it, but without that we can't really be sure what's causing it

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can provide me with some clarification on how the CPR system works.

1) Does revive need to be on for CPR to work, or can CPR occasionally bring a dead unit back to life?

2) What are the factors that affect the success rate of CPR? Does a unit shot in the head have less of a chance than one that's bled out from minor wounds?

3) Following on from question 2, what wounds/conditions are considered as fully dead (fatally wounded) so the medic knows not to bother with CPR?

Thanks!

This doesn't seem like an ace issue to me, if you could post your server's rpt file on pastebin or similar then we could take a look at it, but without that we can't really be sure what's causing it

when i revert to 3.2.1 every thinks works as it should on my server, and i can play our missions as usual, im playing with rhs and leights opfor forces as the only unit mods. I will try to post an rpt file tomorrow.

An update, how do i attach an text file to my post, so i can show you my rpt??

Sixt

Can I confirm with you guys issues I'm still having post hotfix.

1.Diagnose does not show on torso neither does CPR in basic Medical

2.Medical Menu never shows (seem to get a UI /Screen flash when Diagnose completes but thats it)

3.Loading gives no indication of what it loaded into.

4.Unloading places item in significantly inconvenient locations (often other side of vehicle) - shouldn't this be unloaded either at the players feet.

If others are having this issue Ill post issues on Github

Newest ACE update is preventing my server from starting.

Reverted back to old ACE build and all is good.

That's the second report in this thread of that, if you guys could provide modlists and rpt files it'd go a long way to helping diagnose the problem for everyone :)