acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

When using the "Set Medic Class" module, the ACE wiki states, "Using this module you can define which unit class is defined as a medic / doctor." but the "List" field states, "List of unit names that will be classified as medic, separated by commas."

When indicating who should be a medic should we be listing the class or name of the unit?

A quick question regarding the AtragMX, what is the default zero distance for the M200 Intervention? Is isn't 100m, anybody knows how much is it exactly? I actually have to adjust something around +0.5 mils.

Thank you

Hey devs, wanna report an issue with ragdolls, seems they are too twitchy after the recent couple of updates. PhysX sucks.

Secondly, I wonder if you guys have any idea how to add suppression effects to AI and player, and if so are there any plans for the foreseeable future?

2dgwdg3.gif

GR:FS had a really ace (hehe) implementation but it being a TPS with cover mechanics I guess it wasn't hard for them to add it in.

This kind of suppression only makes sense if your say, looking around cover, and a bullet smacks the ground or object near your face. Otherwise the sheer sound of the Sonic Crack and bullet whizzes should be enough to keep you suppressed.

• Like 1

the sheer sound of the Sonic Crack and bullet whizzes should be enough to keep you suppressed.

Or at least that works perfectly fine for me. The louder the better. ;)

When using the "Set Medic Class" module, the ACE wiki states, "Using this module you can define which unit class is defined as a medic / doctor." but the "List" field states, "List of unit names that will be classified as medic, separated by commas."

When indicating who should be a medic should we be listing the class or name of the unit?

Use the unit classname. Like "B_medic_F" w/o the quotes. If you need more than one, seperate them with a comma.

I have a question regarding Basic Medical, with "Set Medical Facility". Do i only need to synch the buildings to the module? Is it the same for "Set Medical Vehicule"?

I'm currently building a mission with ACE3 Advanced Medical system and can confirm that it is possible to sync both buildings OR vehicles, even from mods like BWMOD or CAF Agressors like in my mission,  with the "Medical Facility Module" and thus have full heal possible at these buildings OR vehicles.  

Alternatively, I can use the "Medical Vehicle Module" to make any ground vehicle an ACE medical vehicle.  

The only  thing currently NOT working is making helicopters, be it BIS or mod helis, a medical vehicle by synching them with the "Medical Facility" or "Medical Vehicle" module.  No synched helicopter will provide the medical features.  

I will open an issue on the tracker and hope for the best - a MEDEVAC helicopter should be possible! But I'm rather sure ACE Devs will solve this problem sooner or later.

I found a script in ACE3 that adds ear ring when your are near explosion. But I didn't hear any ringing or ear deafness with explosion near. May somebody confirm this bug?

De have no problems with medical helicopters...

I found a script in ACE3 that adds ear ring when your are near explosion. But I didn't hear any ringing or ear deafness with explosion near. May somebody confirm this bug?

Do you have it enabled in the in-game ace options? I remember seeing a setting for it, and it is off by default

@zriel: I should elabotate a bit more what isn't working (opened the issue on GitHub today, btw)

• Syncing the medical facility module with any ground vehicle or helicopter from the EMPTY class works as in these will offer whatever advanced healing services you have set in your mission to be available only at facilities/vehicles

• Syncing the medical facility module with any ground vehicle or helicopter from the BLUEFOR class doesn't make these work as medical vehicles

Do you have it enabled in the in-game ace options? I remember seeing a setting for it, and it is off by default

Tried with both settings. Still an issue.

I changed ACE3 settings by defining it in descrtiption.ext.

How can I sync medical facility or medical vehicle by script? I don't want to use modules. Can this be done?

I changed ACE3 settings by defining it in descrtiption.ext.

How can I sync medical facility or medical vehicle by script? I don't want to use modules. Can this be done?

this setVariable ["ACE_medical_medicClass", 2, true];    //for units.

this setVariable ["ACE_medical_isMedicalFacility", true, true];    //for vehicles or buildings.

i cant get the f18 mod to work with ace, when we lase targets, (from the ground) there is no white square that appears, like its not lasing, and i come in from the direction the laser is pointing so i can 100% see it, this is with the single seater f18, with the 2 seater f18 it has it own laser marker, we mark the pos with that, this time we get a white square, but no matter what we do we can no acquire a lock, we are using the LGB 12, any ways to fix or help would be much appreciated 

Is there any way to make AI use ACE medical supplies? They ignore them and allow themselves and other AI players to sit there injured. When commanded to heal they report back that they don't have FAKs or other First Aid supplies even though their stocked to the gills with bandages and morphine.

AGM did this with no issues, most of time the AI would respond to medical emergencies with no instruction or commands, they just did it. Now I run around like a chicken with my head cut off keeping all my AI characters on their feet.

I searched this thread but did not come up with a proper answer: The Blcakfoot/Comanche FCS seems to be designed with coop gameplay in mind when it comes to the AT missiles (DAGR HE/SALH). But, i often like to play helicopter missions in solo, so how i can make proper use of the AT missiles? Is there anyway i can disable the FCS for the AT missiles? The ACE wiki states ace_interaction dependency, but removing that breaks surely more things right?

I'm not sure if it is me or abug but is the "attach object" option in the selfinteraction menu broken? I am missing the option to attach lightsticks entirely (yes they are in inventory).

• Like 2

i cant get the f18 mod to work with ace, when we lase targets, (from the ground) there is no white square that appears, like its not lasing, and i come in from the direction the laser is pointing so i can 100% see it, this is with the single seater f18, with the 2 seater f18 it has it own laser marker, we mark the pos with that, this time we get a white square, but no matter what we do we can no acquire a lock, we are using the LGB 12, any ways to fix or help would be much appreciated 

Sounds more like an issue to be brought up in the F18 thread as it sounds like a compatibility issue. It would be the respective authors' responsibility to make his/here addon(s) ACE compatible, not necessarily the other way around...

I'm not sure if it is me or abug but is the "attach object" option in the selfinteraction menu broken? I am missing the option to attach lightsticks entirely (yes they are in inventory).

I'm wondering about this as well. For the past few updates I haven't been able to attach chemlights nor IR strobes to my person. Tried removing and adding different .pbos with no luck.

• Like 2

Is ACE disabling the HUD markers for targets in planes? I noticed that nothing shows up anymore

In addition to possible compatibility issues as answered by Jackal326, it has been confirmed in the past (and also here: http://ace3mod.com/wiki/user/information-center.html) that laser guided bombs are dropped like unguided ones.

When tested with just Arma 3, CBA and ACE3 loaded you get no lock-on but you see the white square... at least in my tests consisting of a person with designator and a A-164 on a target of your choosing (bridge, building or vehicle). You will kinda base your success on hoping that you dropped the bomb in a vector that still makes the bomb able to correct itself onto the target .... which it very much will do if dropped correctly.

Kinda iffy if you ask me and using LGBs doesn't really add anything in comparison with dropping unguided ones in a classic dive bombing run as it is right now.

so esentially ace 3 is not ready to use for pilots then? You can't lock on ground targets when flyining the blackfoot in solo and even in coop laser guided bombs don't work? I hope the devs put in an option to disable the custom FCS, because the rest of the mod is awesome.

@badlucky1776: I feel with you and have the same problem.  But there is a user named davidoss who might help.  He hasimproved upon an automedic script by bardosy to make it work for ACE3 and posted it in bardosy's thread.  Unfortunately I don't get davidoss' script to work in my mission, but he kindly offered to have a look at it. 

Meanwhile, you can try your luck with his code - maybe you are less noobish than me as mission builder and get it funtioning without davidoss'help. 

Instructions and code:

Create a SQF file named "automedic.sqf" and insert the script:

// ai medic using ACE3
#include "\z\ace\addons\medical\script_component.hpp"
private ["_needradio", "_medic", "_injured", "_deads"];
_medic = _this select 0;
_units = _this select 1;
_injured = objNull;
_needradio = true;

//main loop
while {alive _medic} do {

sleep 2;
//waiting for a wounded
while {(isNull _injured) and (alive _medic)} do {
//if the medic is injured
if (getDammage _medic > 0.1) then {
//if medic is already dead, then exit
if (!alive _medic) exitWith{};
//else he is the injured and he is a priority to heal himself
_injured = _medic;
} else {
_deads = [];
{
if (!alive _x or isNull _x) then {
_deads = _deads + [_x];
};
if ((isNull _injured) and (getDammage _x > 0.1) and (alive _x) and (!isNull _x)) then {
_injured = _x;
if (_needradio) then {_medic groupChat format["Keep calm %1, I will heal you.", (name _injured)];};
};
} foreach _units;
_units = _units - _deads;
};
sleep 5;
};

if(!alive _medic) exitWith{};

//we have an injured, stop him
if ((!isPlayer _injured) and (_medic!=_injured)) then {
_injured disableAI "MOVE";
_injured setUnitPos "down";
};
if (_medic != _injured) then {
//medic go for him
_medic allowDammage false;
_medic doMove (position _injured);
while {(_medic distance _injured > 5) and (alive _injured) and (!isNull _injured)} do {
sleep 1;
_medic doMove (position _injured);
if(!alive _medic) exitWith{_injured enableAI "MOVE"; _injured setUnitPos "auto";};
};
};

if(!alive _medic) exitWith{_injured enableAI "MOVE"; _injured setUnitPos "auto";};

//when medic is close enough to the injured...
//...and injured is still alive
if ((alive _injured) and (!isNull _injured) and (alive _medic)) then {
//stop the medic
_medic disableAI "MOVE";
_medic setUnitPos "middle";
sleep 1;
//HEAL the injured
// ******************************
_medic action ["HealSoldier", _injured];
_medic playMove "AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic_1";
sleep 9;
_injured setVariable [QGVAR(pain), 0, true];
_injured setVariable [QGVAR(morphine), 0, true];
_injured setVariable [QGVAR(bloodVolume), 100, true];
_injured setvariable [QGVAR(tourniquets), [0,0,0,0,0,0], true];
_injured setvariable [QGVAR(openWounds), [], true];
_injured setvariable [QGVAR(bandagedWounds), [], true];
_injured setVariable [QGVAR(internalWounds), [], true];
_injured setVariable [QGVAR(heartRate), 80];
_injured setvariable [QGVAR(heartRateAdjustments), []];
_injured setvariable [QGVAR(bloodPressure), [80, 120]];
_injured setVariable [QGVAR(peripheralResistance), 100];
_injured setVariable [QGVAR(fractures), []];
_injured setVariable [QGVAR(salineIVVolume), 0];
_injured setVariable [QGVAR(plasmaIVVolume), 0];
_injured setVariable [QGVAR(bloodIVVolume), 0];
_injured setvariable [QGVAR(bodyPartStatus), [0,0,0,0,0,0], true];
_injured setvariable [QGVAR(airwayStatus), 100, true];
_injured setVariable [QGVAR(airwayOccluded), false, true];
_injured setvariable [QGVAR(airwayCollapsed), false, true];
_injured setvariable [QGVAR(addedToUnitLoop), false, true];
_injured setvariable [QGVAR(inCardiacArrest), false, true];
_injured setvariable [QGVAR(inReviveState), false, true];
_injured setVariable ["ACE_isUnconscious", false, true];
_injured setvariable [QGVAR(hasLostBlood), 0, true];
_injured setvariable [QGVAR(isBleeding), false, true];
_injured setvariable [QGVAR(hasPain), false, true];
_injured setvariable [QGVAR(painSuppress), 0, true];
_injured setDammage 0;
// ******************************

//wait until injured is healed or dead
waitUntil { (getDammage _injured < 0.1) or (!alive _injured) };
sleep 3;
if (_medic != _injured) then {
if (_needradio) then {_medic groupChat format["OK %1, you are ready to fight.", (name _injured)];};
};

//healed soldier is ready to fight
_injured enableAI "MOVE";
_injured setUnitPos "auto";
};
//we are ready for looking a new injured
_injured = objNull;
//set the medic to ready to looking for a new injured
_medic enableAI "MOVE";
_medic setUnitPos "auto";
//doMove stops the medic, so we have to command him to follow his leader
_medic doFollow (leader group _medic);
_medic allowDammage true;
};

And here is the code to call it for a unit from it's INIT:

dummy = [this, units (group this)] execVM "scripts\automedic.sqf";

I say, there's a silver lining on the horizon :)

You will kinda base your success on hoping that you dropped the bomb in a vector that still makes the bomb able to correct itself onto the target .... which it very much will do if dropped correctly.

Well, that's how it works in RL, isn't it?