acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Hello,

I asked a question, will you make a stretcher in arma 3?

I'd love to carry the wounded soldiers over and put them in vehicles like the Black Hawk Mev RHS for example :D

So I have this problem that is so simple, I have no idea why my solution doesn't work. I want a trigger that ends the mission if all players are unconscious at the same time. Assuming we have player p1, p2, p3 and p4. Easy enough to do with

Condition:

p1 getvariable ["ACE_isUnconscious", false] &&
p2 getvariable ["ACE_isUnconscious", false] &&
p3 getvariable ["ACE_isUnconscious", false] &&
p4 getvariable ["ACE_isUnconscious", false] 

On activation:
hint "It work's!";

This works for me. But what if not all 4 players are playing? If p3 doesn't exist, he cannot be unconscious, hence the trigger never fires and we do not want AI to take his place. So I thought a simple logical OR should fix this like the following:

Condition:

(p1 getvariable ["ACE_isUnconscious", false] || isNil "p1") &&
(p2 getvariable ["ACE_isUnconscious", false] || isNil "p2") &&
(p3 getvariable ["ACE_isUnconscious", false] || isNil "p3") &&
(p4 getvariable ["ACE_isUnconscious", false] || isNil "p4")

So either the player exists and can be unconscious returning a 'true' or his variable is not defined, making isNil return a 'true'. But this doesn't work as I thought and if a player doesn't exist, this trigger will never fire, and I have no idea why. The operations by themselves work like a charm. So my next idea was getting every player into an array and then doing the endMission trigger check on that array. The following Code I found puts all players into an array _units:

_units = [p1,p2,p3,p4];

{
       if (isNil "_x") then {
              _units set [_forEachIndex, -1]
       } else {
       if (!alive _x) then {
              _units set [_forEachIndex, -1]
       }
}
} forEach _units;
_units = _units - [-1];
hint format ["%1",_units];

One could put this into a trigger that is always true, checking every .5 second for this and updating the _units array. Now my problem is that I have no idea how to create a trigger that checks those array elements for unconsciousness and ends the mission if all are true. Would that be something like:

{

_x getvariable ["ACE_isUnconscious", false];

} forEach _units;

I realize that local variables cannot be put into a trigger, but that can be fixed.

So my two questions:
Can anyone explain to me why the OR operator doesn't do what I think it should do and perhaps has a solution?
Is the way of the array a good thing to start and how to make it actually work?

I am obviously not very good with code, I gladly appreciate every help I can get. Thank you guys.

Hey, that's not really any ace question and would probably be better asked in the mission editing and scripting section

That said, if players 1-4 are all of your players units:

{ !(_x getVariable ["ACE_isUnconscious", false]) || (alive _x) } count allPlayers <= 0

If they're not all of your player units, then your OR syntax is fine. You'll probably want to expand it though to be like this though:

(isNil "p1") || {p1 getVariable ["ACE_isUnconscious", false]} || {!alive p1} || {isNull p1}

The reason is that if the variable is nil then you can't check any of the other conditions. However this uses lazy syntax so it will stop evaluating after the first true condition.

I've been using [player,player] call ACE_medical_fnc_treatmentAdvanced_fullHealLocal; to heal people in our MP Training sessions so certainly it works.

Is this with basic medical or advanced medical? I still can't seem to get it to work, even on a test scenario.

Hey Devs

The HuntIR, how do i make it compatibel with other weapons than Armas original? Currently using Robert Hammer, and RHS

Regards

Hey, that's not really any ace question and would probably be better asked in the mission editing and scripting section

That said, if players 1-4 are all of your players units:

{ !(_x getVariable ["ACE_isUnconscious", false]) || (alive _x) } count allPlayers <= 0

If they're not all of your player units, then your OR syntax is fine. You'll probably want to expand it though to be like this though:

(isNil "p1") || {p1 getVariable ["ACE_isUnconscious", false]} || {!alive p1} || {isNull p1}

The reason is that if the variable is nil then you can't check any of the other conditions. However this uses lazy syntax so it will stop evaluating after the first true condition.

You might be right, this could have been better in the mission ending and scripting session, but it does use ACE3 functions, so I wasn't sure. Anyways, thank you for the reply.

Yes, the 4 players are all players ingame, so the first way should work perfectly, but I cannot test it until after the weekend (need an arma capable machine). For the OR syntax way... of course! If the variable is nil, it would make sense to put isNil in front and check for alive status. I must have been dense to not see that.

Great explaining and easy to understand, thank you SilentSpike!

• Like 1

Kenny: compatibility for RHS AR15's is available in 3.2.1.

file: @ace\optionals\ace_compat_rhs_usf3.pbo

Is there any way that I can remove the stamina option from ace without deleting the whole movement.pbo?

Hey devs, wanna report an issue with ragdolls, seems they are too twitchy after the recent couple of updates. PhysX sucks.

Secondly, I wonder if you guys have any idea how to add suppression effects to AI and player, and if so are there any plans for the foreseeable future?

2dgwdg3.gif

GR:FS had a really ace (hehe) implementation but it being a TPS with cover mechanics I guess it wasn't hard for them to add it in.

Hi there,

hats off to the ACE3 devs for all the features already up and running! 

Good job on the Wiki as well; even for a total mission editing noob like me, most entries explain everything really well.  There's just a little left to ask regarding the server settings and it's associated ACE_server.pbo:

• Does it apply to dedicated servers only or to hosted servers as well? 
  • Is it mandatory to have a customized serverconfig.hpp  for my missions to run with all the ACE3 features I put down in the Editor via modules?
  • Will the modules placed in mission editor always override the server settings as suggested by the load order in the Wiki?

Oh, and before I forget: while trying to convert my mission "Schwarzer Freitag"  to ACE, I noticed the same problem like Gryphon with AI helicopter gunners from Kimi's Mod no longer firing at enemy infantry once ACE is active. 

Keep up your great work !

May I ask why would anyone want such an arcade-CoD-style mechanic in a mod aimed at realism?

There's nothing wrong with that mechanic at all IMO, it's just a usability feature (why would you want to look down the sights while behind cover > because you want to lean out of cover to fire: so just simplify that into one action instead of two), but i'm not sure about that mod. It doesn't look like it's very smooth or responsive, and it's something that i think would be better left out if not implemented almost perfectly.

There's nothing wrong with that mechanic at all IMO, it's just a usability feature (why would you want to look down the sights while behind cover > because you want to lean out of cover to fire: so just simplify that into one action instead of two), but i'm not sure about that mod. It doesn't look like it's very smooth or responsive, and it's something that i think would be better left out if not implemented almost perfectly.

Exactly the point, I used it a lot back on 2014, but It kept conflicting with other mods and getting me stuck on some broken walls and rubles on Altis, so I´ve scrapped it altogether... MCC thou has a similar feature that you can activate on any missions (just get into MCC>mission settings and then activate "cover system" option) and it seems to run a lot smoother!

cheers!

Hi. Im not sure if u already know this bug, but when you use weapon resting and heal urself. After that you can't move. Only way to move again is to surrender, other member take you as prisoner or if you lose conscious. Im not sure if this will happen in B-med, i've noticed this two times using A-med.

Exactly the point, I used it a lot back on 2014, but It kept conflicting with other mods and getting me stuck on some broken walls and rubles on Altis, so I´ve scrapped it altogether... MCC thou has a similar feature that you can activate on any missions (just get into MCC>mission settings and then activate "cover system" option) and it seems to run a lot smoother!

cheers!

Thanks for this tip, I never noticed it. It works out okay so its intended purpose.

Hi. Im not sure if u already know this bug, but when you use weapon resting and heal urself. After that you can't move. Only way to move again is to surrender, other member take you as prisoner or if you lose conscious. Im not sure if this will happen in B-med, i've noticed this two times using A-med.

Fix headbug should also work (found in ACE options menu)

How can I lock on ground targets with UAV? I used to use the TAB key, but now with ACE doesn't work anymore. If I laze the target, the missile always go right of it and I have to compensate manually, which leads to waste of ammo.

Alright, I tried to fix it, but I do not know the problem. When playing missions with ACE 3, advanced medical but advanced ballistics off the ai take multiple shots to kill, from any weapon. This only happens in multiplayer, ai can take multiple headshots and live. Any solutions?

Just a short question concerning flight model changes as noted in the ace3 wiki.

''1.1 Adjusted flight behaviour

Changes the flight behaviour of various aircraft.''

Could a Dev elaborate a bit how the flight model and which aircraft have been changed? I must say, the fixed wings feel a bit more realistic/challenging when landing, really great. Thats not mere imagination on my part, right?

Mod makers I have the pleasure to announce that we worked on the ACE3 frameworks documentation for an easier integration of ACE3 native support.They are available at http://ace3mod.com/wiki/framework/ and are classed by pbo name.
Note that not all of them are present, we'll work on fixing that ;)

• Like 1

Hey.

Are you guys, by any chance, planning to tweak ACE_Backblast somehow? ATM I'm playing without it, due to being extremely overdone, especially in rooms. It's a really nice conception, but in my opinion it shouldn't be as brutal as it is - it should probably still deafen and stun you (maybe some blurry screen visuals, dust kicking up, and deafness, even with hearing protection?) but trying to do

in ArmA with ACE3 installed would end up with most of the room dying due to backblast. There's even more of these examples, some of them fairly recent from Ukraine, with more modern RPG rounds.

Same thing with small surfaces such as net fences or some other, narrow things like pillars, lampposts, tree trunks, etc. - these bounce off the backblast and usually end up killing/heavily damaging me, even when they definitely shouldn't be lethal nor damaging.

Other thing I'd like to mention is the lack of any apparent downsides of not wearing the combat goggles/ballistic glasses. Only downside there is (color contrast going up) seems to be not as bad as when wearing a pair (your screen gets all dirty and you've got to clean 'em).

Also, ACE Gforces seem to be alright on singleplayer, but on multi they feel much, much more harsh, just as if my pilot wasn't wearing the suit or wasn't trained at all. What causes this? It's entirely different experience than when just playing in plain editor. Turning fairly gently with a speed circa 600 km/h knocked me unconcious. The unconciousness also seems to be really long, and a fixed value. Adding a random length of G-lock would certainly give more interesting results.

Opinions? What do you think of my feedback? Keep up the great work :)