acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Yeah figured it'd work ;)

One last question. If given the serverconfig.hpp (+ pbo ofc) to the members of my group through the repository and having the client settings >forced<, does that mean that there is no way for them to ever change the affected ACE settings again even in SP? XD, well other than to edit the .hpp file. That'd be grand.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Yeah figured it'd work ;)

One last question. If given the serverconfig.hpp (+ pbo ofc) to the members of my group through the repository and having the client settings >forced<, does that mean that there is no way for them to ever change the affected ACE settings again even in SP? XD, well other than to edit the .hpp file. That'd be grand.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Besides adjusting the hpp file or removing the pbo: Yes, that is correct. Note it's not advised to run with ace_server.pbo as a client however.

How do I set Ace to permanently disable the Nightvision filmgrain via the serverconfig.hpp?

In your exported settings check those lines

class ace_medical_enableRevive {
    value = 1;
    typeName = "SCALAR";
    force = 1;
};
class ace_medical_maxReviveTime {
    value = 120;
    typeName = "SCALAR";
    force = 1;
};
class ace_medical_amountOfReviveLives {
    value = -1;
    typeName = "SCALAR";
    force = 1;
};

It would be great to have all these variables available on the wiki

Yeah, although most of the settings are pretty obvious since they are used in module settings...however there are a few classes that aren't available in modules right now that would benefit from a bit of documentation.

e.g. the ace_common_forceAllSettings class (I had to ask for an explanation earlier) or even ace_medical_allowDeadBodyMovement (wondering why this isn't in the module yet...must be heavily wip?)

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Is there anyway to shoot airburst ammo from a gun without the FCS, or at least make it so you can tune the FCS with page up and down?

I have a turret with airburst ammo loaded, but the only way to set the range is to press tab and that isn't really realistic for my purpose. If I could put in the range with page up and down or use the default zero as the setting or whatever, that would be good.

And on the topic of airburst, is there any way to get AI to use it as well?

Will ace be implementing the logistics and vehicle repair system from agm? Its my favourite feature.

Hi everybody and thanks for this awesome mod. Here' s is my issue (sorry for my poor english). Me and my clan use basic medical system, and everybody can use epinephrine. I don't know why, but currently every type of wounds is serious (it's red), and every part of the body is in red! It doesn' t matter if you take a shot on a leg, on your arm, if you are wounded by a pistol or a granade, and so on; every part of my body will be in red! 

The current workaround to the basic medical bug is to increase the damage threshold to 1.2 (Player Damage in the medical settings module)

I tried to do so, but nothin seems to change. Does anybody have the same problem? Thanks in advance....

Hi everybody and thanks for this awesome mod. Here' s is my issue (sorry for my poor english). Me and my clan use basic medical system, and everybody can use epinephrine. I don't know why, but currently every type of wounds is serious (it's red), and every part of the body is in red! It doesn' t matter if you take a shot on a leg, on your arm, if you are wounded by a pistol or a granade, and so on; every part of my body will be in red! 

I tried to do so, but nothin seems to change. Does anybody have the same problem? Thanks in advance....

Get Ace latest version. This bug is fixed in the current version

I've begun to experiment with ACE³'s mortar system, but I'm kinda stuck. The official "explanation" on the website is in parts unclear or even confusing. Measuring the 2D distance between mortar and target is easy (BTW it would be handy to have the 82mm range table available in the ACE³ box with the Misc Equipment, right now I need to access the Arsenal to get it), but the explanation for figuring in altitude differences has me scratching my head. 

Just to clarify: The number in the third column is to be subtracted if the altitude difference between mortar and target is 100m (if smaller then divide the number, if larger multiply the number). Once that result has been calculated that number has to be ... subtracted from the 2D distance measurement. So far correct? 

I've yet to experiment with the crosswind feature but I guess the module has to be activated in order to get the value corrections in the range table. Is that correct? 

@Ruthberg

Can you please upload spreadsheets for M933 and "12.7x99"? I have checked Advanced Ballistics thread but I couldn't find spreadsheets for that ammo types. I know the Range Cardes are implemented in ACE3 but I have to edit zeroing to 500m.

BTW. I have heavy tested AB module recently and I found it works perfectly fine in Virtual Reality (Main Menu > Learn > Virtual Arsenal) but whenever I try to hit something on real maps (Chernarus, Podagorsk, Hazar-Kot) I have to add 1-2 MILs to the final output from ATragMX. Obviously I provide anything needed (ammo type, range to target, inclination, pressure, temperature, wind parameters and so on) and I use the same setup on both VR and real map (same rifle, same ammo).

Hi,

I can't make my server's userconfig to work properly.

Here is the content :

http://pastebin.com/XSsPXw2p

When server is launched with it, as a client, I got the errors i talked about earlier :

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/181341-ace3-a-collaborative-merger-between-agm-cse-and-ace/page-74#entry2897234

(It typicaly display the error ingame (script errors) when reloading any weapon).

I can't find a solution, I hope somebody can help. :(

class ACE_Settings {    // add exported settings here};

I think you forgot the first and the last line

Thanks for your answer, I already tried with these lines too but then the userconfig seems to be ignored as nothing is set as desired.

And no need to talk to me like if I was a fool. :mellow:

Hi,

I can't make my server's userconfig to work properly.

Here is the content :

http://pastebin.com/XSsPXw2p

When server is launched with it, as a client, I got the errors i talked about earlier :

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/181341-ace3-a-collaborative-merger-between-agm-cse-and-ace/page-74#entry2897234

(It typicaly display the error ingame (script errors) when reloading any weapon).

I can't find a solution, I hope somebody can help. :(

Could you try without the client settings included and see if that does not throw any errors?

Can anyone point me to actual documentation regarding the medical system in ACE?  I'd like to set it up to allow reviving "dead" players, but I can't figure out how to make that work.

There is no HLC compat pbo in the latest version of ACE. Is it not necessary anymore?

Good day ACE team.

I am trying to allow everyone to use epi and blood.

I set the following funtions in ACE_moduleMedicalSettings:

Medical Level: Basic

Medic Settings: Basic

In ACE_moduleAssignMedicRoles:

List: p0,p1,...p14 (Names of the playable units)

Is Medic: Regular Medic.

For some reason still only the medic can use epi and blood.

I tried looking in this forum for answers but I suspect I used the wrong key words.

Thanks for any assistance.

Twak

try this

ppEffectDestroy ace_nightvision_ppEffectFilmGrain;

I launched a game and tried this code in the Debug console. It worked!! Thank, you so much. However, how can I make this permanent so that I do not have to constantly type the code whenever I enter/restart a mission? I tried typing it into the ace userconfig file but that did not work.

If you use the virtual arsenal,you can simply choose "Gen4 NVG's" they have no film grain effect.

For some reason, when ever I try to switch fire modes my weapon holsters. It is very annoying and now I cannot switch fire modes.

Are there any plans to offer a alternative version for the UI in ACE3? Maybe not for all aspects of it but I would certainly like a alternative for ACE3 Medical. The entire dynamic menu is shiny but at the end of the day I would rather have something that "works" well and is easier to use and a bit more user friendly. When using it, it often feels like I am not playing ArmA 3 and I am more or less playing the ACE3 menu. I would rather have a UI that is helping me to get the things done that are important right now and not doing it's own thing. In short I would lik to have a UI that is there for the player and not the other way around.

A more static version like the ones in AGM or CSE would be very welcome.