acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Advanced Combat Environment 3 Updated
Version 3.2.1

Download:
Github

Changelog Summary:

FIXED:

• Zeus unconscious, captive and surrender modules were using the wrong locality (#1665)
  • Wind Deflection in Advanced Ballistics was producing excess per-frame handlers (#1962)
  • Incorrect damage was being applied with prevent death enabled (#1946)
  • Blue Force Tracking (BFT) module was broken (#1957)
  • ace_laser was incorrectly handling non-vector data (#1960)

CHANGED:

• Improved wording of Finger Pointing strings (#1970)
  • Improved unit hiding mechanism of headbugfix (#1994)
  • Prevent use of headbugfix when handcuffed, surrendering, unconscious or swimming. (#1994)

A full list of merged pull requests

KNOWN ISSUES
We have noticed that when using ACE with 3rd-Party mods that do not fully support CBA Extended Eventhandlers (XEH) that some units do not work with Interaction fully. You may see the cursor but no menus.

WORKAROUND: The latest CBA RC7 Hotfix 2, v1.1.23 has an optional PBO that you can activate to help resolve these situations.
1. Move the cba_enable_auto_xeh.pbo and its signature file from the CBA optional folder to the CBA Addons folder
2. Restart Arma.

If you have identified the 3rd-Party mod that causes ACE Interaction to break, contact the developer and ask them to support the CBA XEH. They can contact CBA Devs for help.

Developers can update their mods by one of the following methods to work with ACE.
Reference: Two guides to help developers get started with the CBA extended event handler system

• Like 1

AI healing with ACE hasn't been added yet if I recall.

Odd. Can anyone involved with ACE confirm this? It seems weird to not carry this over from AGM, and almost gives an advantage to humans against AI: one can heal, but the other cannot.

A quick search of this topic confirms that. Not sure why it wasn't carried over from AGM yet, but must have had some problems with it, and it wasn't ready for launch.

Does anyone know how you actually use the new finger pointing ability? I don't see a keybinding or action for it

Does anyone know how you actually use the new finger pointing ability? I don't see a keybinding or action for it

It's disabled by default. It can be enabled via the ace settings framework (that framework supports modules, so you can use the relevant setting module to enable it).

Great news. FPS issues with advanced ballistics made the game almost unplayable.  :unsure:

Glad to hear you fixed it. Thanks !

Odd. Can anyone involved with ACE confirm this? It seems weird to not carry this over from AGM, and almost gives an advantage to humans against AI: one can heal, but the other cannot.

I can confirm, it hasn't been carried over as it wasn't up to standards ACE3 requires, I don't know about specific reasons though. What I know is that there is a PR being worked on from a contributor for it. :)

So this means that the basic medical system has been fixed? Cant find it in the changelog?

Sorry if this has been brought up. But i am running 1.48 arma and ace 3 version 3.1.1 and i cant open doors. I was holding off of ACE3.2 until the medical issues are fixed. But now i cant open up doors at all. Is this an arma 1.48 / ace three compat issue ? Our missions were working great before but with 1.48 arma it seems i am either having an ace issue or an arma issue. Anyone experiencing the same ?

@Opsixdelta

I don't have that issue here in 3.1.1 nor 3.2.0.

So I figured out the conflict. I had an OLD mod in our groups mod set called "HotShotMike - Object Unlocker" I don't even know what its use was. But in ARMA 1.48 it causes all doors to be perma locked lol. 

Anyways thanks Alganthe for checking, I only thought it was ACE because i noticed the "check door feature" in ACE now. 

Also in regards to ACE v.3.2.1   I can def confirm that all of my groups medical issues have been resolved so thanks so much to the ACE team. That means mission night this friday is a GO.

Hi,

I tried to launch my game with ACEserver.pbo and the userconfig in order to test it but I encounter an error when reloading in editor :

18:09:03 Error in expression < ace_common_displayTextColor;
_ctrlHint ctrlSetTextColor ace_common_displayTextF>
18:09:03   Error position: <ctrlSetTextColor ace_common_displayTextF>
18:09:03   Error 0 elements provided, 4 expected
18:09:03 File z\ace\addons\common\functions\fnc_displayTextStructured.sqf, line 37

No error when aceserver is not loaded

My userconfig is filled with all the classes, including the client's ones

The question is : Are we supposed to be able to use Aceserver on a client that is not a server?

The question is : Are we supposed to be able to use Aceserver on a client that is not a server?

No, server-side only, that's why it doesn't come with a bikey file.

the framedrops on explosions when using ace3 with blastcore 1.2 is not solved right ?

Just what I expected from one of the best mod for ArmA series. So far I like it and I haven't test it completely, yet. Great job. I like that shades and goggles have that nice UI look, earplugs? Nice, it has a potential to be a must have mod. 

So far I found a few things that I don't like.

- First is disabled idle animation when weapons is lowered, that's a minus on reality part of the mod and a minus on ArmA3 feature. I've been playing video games since 1999 and I've played too much games where characters when they are idle have no animation, looking very robotic and or like a scarecrow. ArmA 3 developers have done a good job on making virtual "people" look like a "alive" and weapon resting animation is needed, you have to turn it back on and maybe improve transition between resting and firing stance/animation. 

- No automatic disposable of fired AT weapon.

- Even though ACE3 healing is improvement and resembles real life of treating of the wounds. It slows down gameplay and with AI always been super accurate you will always be wounded in some part of the body and of course lacking enough medical supplies to treat the every wound at the time. In vanilla A3, one medikit that treats entire body, health, that actually works fine. Now I haven't test all option of ACE3 so I don't know if there is an option to revert to healing system like in vanilla A3. 

One question, is there a way to lock weapon sway? When comes to AI, AI doesn't have weapons sway so their aim is always better human player (very pronounced on mid-long range). I just hate in A3 that I have to fire one shot at the time and compensate weapon sway to hit the AI. While AI doesn't have weapon sway and quickly semi-auto headshots player from long range. But vs human player weapons sway works perfectly and feels real. 

But so far mod works great and just bring back idle animation, don't go back to '90s.

I'm trying to have AI shoot at each other without being able to kill one another and player to be able to kill AI.

In Vanilla this works perfectly fine, but with ACE it doesn't. Is there any way to accomplish that with ACE running?

this addEventhandler ["HandleDamage",{ _damage = _this select 2; _source = _this select 3; if !( isPlayer _source ) then {0} else {_damage} }];

#edit: Found a way... I had to remove the HandleDamage-EVHs first. :)

Please DON'T bring back idle animations. I am so happy they're gone. If you do plan to reintroduce them make them modular at least..

ACE3 does not allow for a revert back to vanilla medic system..but the basic system is your best chance..

A lot of what I'm reading you can find in other mods too...reduced weapon sway...disposing of disposable AT weapons..just saying :P

edit: Belbo, what's stopping you from using allowDamage exactly?

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Ups my bad, I should have wrote PCML doesn't have automatic disposable after use, ACE3 made PMCL one shot use only.

And yes there are other mods that reduce weapon sway, but if possible I would like to avoid to use other mods that could be in conflict with ACE3 scripts, but I meant that more like a question, is there anyway ACE3 team can even the odds when comes battling AI on longer rangers, problem is in weapon sway that AI doesn't have.

As for Idle animation I agree that there should be an option to enable or disable in ACE3 mod. I'm just little surprised that ACE3 team wants more realism but removes idle resting animation, when you hold 3+ kg weapon there's no way you are going to keep it in one exact position even in resting position, especially after a run/jog.

Again great mod with lot of potential.

@FoxFort

Switch weapons the PCML get discarded.

You can re-enable idle animations by removing the noidle PBO.

You still move all around the place after running, that's not what was removed, what was removed are the FUCKING HAND SWIPES, wiping sweat off your forhead get old very fast after 2 000+ hours.

Ai does have weapon sway and can be suppressed, those are vanilla features.

• Like 1

I've just tried and used PCML tube stays on the back. Switch to pistol and back to rifle nothing.

As for idle weapon resting animation, only 3P head has movement, rest of the body nothing. I do agree that wiping sweat after a run or just when it's hot temperature does get annoying, but ce la vie .

The big problem with those idle animations is that you can't control them. Imagine a TvT where you're a scout and you're trying to blend in with a tree and bam..all of a sudden you're wiping your forehead while there's a squad running right next to you. Not useful at all.

And regardless of that practical issue, it's simply annoying ^^. Mooooodular is the best approach to all thinks.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

• Like 1

Hi there, 

I've been having an issue where units placed by MCC and Zeus don't have Ace_interaction enabled or so i assume, as we cannot interact with them at all. 
I tried flicking through the topic to see if i could find anyone posting about it but I may have missed it.

I was thinking if its a bug, maybe I could run an exec on the server to force it on those units?

Many thanks.

Hi there, 

I've been having an issue where units placed by MCC and Zeus don't have Ace_interaction enabled or so i assume, as we cannot interact with them at all. 

I tried flicking through the topic to see if i could find anyone posting about it but I may have missed it.

I was thinking if its a bug, maybe I could run an exec on the server to force it on those units?

Many thanks.

Version 3.2.1

5007509?v=3&s=40Glowbal released this

a day ago

We have noticed that when using ACE with 3rd-Party mods that do not fully support CBA Extended Eventhandlers (XEH) that some units do not work with Interaction fully. You may see the cursor but no menus.

WORKAROUND: The latest CBA RC7 Hotfix 2, v1.1.23 has an optional PBO that you can activate to help resolve these situations.

1. Move the cba_enable_auto_xeh.pbo and its signature file from the CBA optional folder to the CBA Addons folder

2. Restart Arma.

edit: Belbo, what's stopping you from using allowDamage exactly?

With allowDamage false nothing can kill a unit. But for some background fighting it would be better if the AI wouldn't be able to kill each other, but be killable by the player. That can make larger fire fights with only a couple of players a bit more interesting.