acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Yep, that's what the XEH guide is there for. It explains how to make addons XEH compatible :)

The simplest way is to add CBA as a dependency and use the actual XEH system, but you can also combine the XEH EH code into your custom EHs.

Yep, that's what the XEH guide is there for. It explains how to make addons XEH compatible :)

The simplest way is to add CBA as a dependency and use the actual XEH system, but you can also combine the XEH EH code into your custom EHs.

No doubt about that, the problem is figuring out how to do this and also keep the modified init! :D :P

Anyway i'm a noob at scripting so i wrote to the CBA devs about it, hopefully it's going to be sorted out.

Do i anything wrong ?

I copy and paste all compat file from the optionals i use into the addon folder an copy + paste the userconfig into my arma 3 root folder.

But i cant interact with BWA3 vehicles or the RHS vehicles an i cant load the ACE3 5.56 ammo into RHS M4

pls help

After being away from gaming and Arma for a long while, it is certainly a pleasure to see that ACE finally made it to Arma 3! 

Experiencing heavy damage from grenades at long distance? is this normal? Damage to all limbs. Throwed the grenade as far as possible

Plus 1 on that.. We had 4 sections decimated by Mortar shrapnel last night.. Visible shrapnel effects and crippling player damage out 75 to 100m it seems ? Is that right ?

There is a known damage issue in the prevent death setting of the current version, a hotfix is currently on its way :)

If you're not using that setting, there's also a possible issue in basic medical which is being looked into.

Experiencing heavy damage from grenades at long distance? is this normal? Damage to all limbs. Throwed the grenade as far as possible

Plus 1 on that.. We had 4 sections decimated by Mortar shrapnel last night.. Visible shrapnel effects and crippling player damage out 75 to 100m it seems ? Is that right ?

Looking at a M67 handgrenade, fragmentation can travel up to 230 meters. http://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m67.htm

Mortar fragmentation will possible travel even further due to more explosive load and more fragments.

Based on FM 6-141-1, danger close distance for 81mm mortar fire is 600m, while minimum safe distance is 300m.

So I guess yeah, you can be heavily wounded or killed by fragmentation at 75 to 100 meters. Better hit that dirt when you hear "woosh".

• Like 1

There is a bug with prevent instant death in the 3.2.0 update. We are working on a patch and we are planning to release it shortly.

Ahhh that would be it. Thanks Glowbal appreciate the heads up. 

Hey, since we're on the topic of nades now anyway. I can't throw any of the RHS grenades while using ACE3, does anyone know anything about this?

If this is a known incompatibility issue, is the ACE3 team responsible for making it compatible or is RHS responsible for making it compatible or do neither give a shit and leave it to some random community member to do so?

It could also be that there's an additional conflicting mod running in my modpack that disables RHS-ACE3 grenade throwing, but I don't have a clue.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

If this is a known incompatibility issue, is the ACE3 team responsible for making it compatible or is RHS responsible for making it compatible or do neither give a shit and leave it to some random community member to do so?

The fact is neither team will make their addons/mod compatible with each other (its a long story, go back about ~30 or 40 pages for the full argument). Lets not get back into that deep dark pit of despair and simply hope a 3rd party will continue to make compatibility patches for such instances.

Okay eh.....So I'm not alone on this thing then aye? Not being able to throw RHS grenades is a thing everyone knows about and isn't being caused by an additional mod in my modpack, right?

If so, I'm glad. We're planning to purge some mods (incl. RHS) from our pack when CUP comes out anyway.

But just give me a definite answer ^^

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Is there a Special key to turn on the ir on the hunt ir? or is it missing at the Moment?

@PhonicStudios:

The issue is from RHS, even with only RHS USAF and RHS AFRF you can't cycle through types of grenades, they only appear as one type.

@The M and everyone:

Documentation updated every 3.2.0 feature is now documented.

Thanks alganthe. It's about time for me to reconsider mods choice. Finally a definite answer ^^

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Is the compatibility section going to be expanded too?

The possiblity to get killed at > 25m will of course be significantly lower. But if you get hit by a fragment you'll be dead.

No.

Unless grenades are made out of a magic material that doesn't have friction with air nor is affected by gravity, getting hit by a fragment further away is less and less harmful because said fragment loses velocity (in this case, 15m is reported as the max distance to which they are harmful).

It's like kicking a soccer ball, you can get hit 200m away but the energy with which you're hit isn't the same as if you were 5m away when the same soccer ball was kicked.

• Like 1

Currently the issue isn't with the grenade but with the basic medical system, you will only have small cuts if you use advanced.

Currently i'm going to document config entries and the interaction framework and fix some typos in the medical documentation, git had a cpu fart when merging.

Thanks alganthe. It's about time for me to reconsider mods choice. Finally a definite answer ^^

RHS is the best content wise(and ACE is the best features wise).CUP don't have those high standard.

All bug signaled in the proper tracker are fast debugged by RHS devs

RHS is the best content wise(and ACE is the best features wise).CUP don't have those high standard.

All bug signaled in the proper tracker are fast debugged by RHS devs

Thanks for sharing your opinion, wasn't needed imo though and i disagree but regardless.

Does ACE shrapnel actually slow down and lose energy and thus be less lethal?