acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

I have an problem. I have made a few missions using ace, but when i am shot im not injured under ace but im injured in the stock medical system and i cant heal myself, i can also not heal AI. Please help

This was reported to me on my LAV-25 mod:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?180195-Arma-2-LAV-25-Port&p=2972045&viewfull=1#post2972045

Is there something i need to add in the config?

Inherit from base class of an APC and that should do it.

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/addons/interaction/CfgVehicles.hpp#L392

Edited by Jastreb

Inherit from base class of an APC and that should do it.

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/addons/interaction/CfgVehicles.hpp#L392

This is weird, it does inherit from base APC class already:

class Car;
class Car_F: Car
{
	class Sounds;
	class HitPoints
	{
		class HitLFWheel;
		class HitLBWheel;
		class HitLMWheel;
		class HitLF2Wheel;

class HitRFWheel;
		class HitRBWheel;
		class HitRMWheel;
		class HitRF2Wheel;

class HitBody;
	};
	class NewTurret;
	class Turrets
	{
		class MainTurret:NewTurret
		{
			class HitPoints;
		};
	};
	class ViewPilot;
};
class Wheeled_APC_F : Car_F 
{
	class Sounds: Sounds
	{
		class Engine;
		class Movement;
	};
	class AnimationSources;
	class EventHandlers;
};
class Cha_LAV25_Base: Wheeled_APC_F

This is weird, it does inherit from base APC class already:

class EventHandlers;

You're overriding the EventHandlers class inheritance (and thus removing XEH compatibility).

(I'm not an expert on configs, but I believe that's what's happening)

Edit: See here. You're declaring the subclass without inheriting from the subclass of the parent class. Thus removing the subclass' inheritance.

Edit2: Maybe not? Subclass inheritance has always been a confusing subject for me :p

Edited by SilentSpike

Hello folks,

I have a problem activating / using the REVIVE ACE option on my server. We want to use it by default and I set it in the ACE_SERVER config file like this:

class ace_medical_enableRevive {

value = 1;

typeName = "SCALAR";

force = 1;

};

class ace_medical_maxReviveTime {

value = 300;

typeName = "SCALAR";

force = 1;

};

class ace_medical_amountOfReviveLives {

value = -1;

typeName = "SCALAR";

force = 1;

But ingame, when I do some tests the other player stays injured on the ground (he never dies when taking dozens of bullets) and no option to revive him appears: is there something else to do / activate somewhere for it to work ?

The ACE website says almost nothing about the revive system, how is it supposed to work exactly ? not sure if it is similar to other revives systems. thanks :)

I have an problem. I have made a few missions using ace, but when i am shot im not injured under ace but im injured in the stock medical system and i cant heal myself, i can also not heal AI. Please help

I am also wondering if this is what I am experiencing :(

Edited by CoolSpy

I would also be interested in finding out more about the revive system. I've fiddled with the settings but haven't seen any changes in game as a result.

That must be caused by an error with BattleEye, not ACE3. Our clan is getting the same problems with Real Light v6 and when joining the server, completely randomly. Some people get the error some people don't. 
1 out of 10 attempts to start the game work perfectly normally though. It's really weird. 

Are you using PWS?

If you have battleye issues with arma3sync there's a very simple fix for that, untick and retick the mod collection (i'm fucking serious).

Hey Guys, getting this error with certain missions on a dedi box. It's really strange - only happens with certain missions but the ones that do work have no different addons/ mods. Anyway this is the error:

[ACE] HC: ERROR missing server addon(s):LOADS OF ADDON NAMES

Any one come across this at all? All mods are correct on client, HC and server.

I'm having errors with ACE and the mission antistasi. Can someone help me?

Q9Alfw.png

I was very hyped when I saw that mine defusing was operational again and fired up the Scuba showcase mission and to my dismisse, it isn´t still working with marine/water mines... land mines works as a charm thou! 

Just to report, not a big deal, ACE3 is growing fast, I´m anxious for the inclusion of vehicle reparing and fast roping ;)

[EDIT] I couldn´t find how can we use sitting or point finger at (2 brand new features) - there´s no new keymapping or entry at ACE3 wiki.. =/

cheers!

I'm having errors with ACE and the mission antistasi. Can someone help me?

REMOVED

This is the same type of error I am getting - I have tried with no mods but CBA and ACE running so it would seem to be an ACE issue.

Advanced Combat Environment 3 Updated
Version 3.2.0

Download:
Github

Changelog Summary:

ADDED:

• Cut parachute/Reserve parachute (#1307)
  • Actions to buildings (UserActions - Ladders) (#1007)
  • Zeus/Curator interaction menu (#1519)
  • Sitting (#1541)
  • Finger pointing (#1548)
  • Open action for boxes/crates (#1596)
  • 'parachute' and 'camera' hitpoints to the HuntIR model (#1622)
  • Missing ammobox animation sources (#1705)
  • Virtual attach object placement (#1739)
  • DAGR 10 digit grid support for all map configurations (#1768)
  • Headgear provides hearing protection (#1775)

FIXED:

• IED Class Inheritance (#1440)
  • Bug with Advanced Medical medication configuration (hr min/max) (#1621)
  • Wirecutters unable to cut concertina wire (#1656)
  • Interaction with explosives while swimming (#1688)
  • Vanilla damage effects incorrectly playing (#1692)
  • Zeus module was broken on dedicated servers (#1713)
  • CheckPBO wasn't checking for extra client addons (#1732)
  • Earplugs being added when combat deafness was disabled or unit already had (#1759, #1763)
  • Couldn't interact with the map when it was shaking (#1769)
  • Rallypoint object classnames (#1771)
  • Pain effects showing in zeus (#1779)
  • Binoculars had safety mode (#1834)
  • Combat deafness while using zeus (#1851)
  • addActionToObject function wasn't working correctly (#1862)
  • Concertina wire damage wasn't globally applied (#1867)
  • Impenetrable tactical ladder (#1874)
  • Repeating medical animations during rapid treatment (#1896)
  • Vector Lag (RPT Spam) (#1897)
  • Unloading unconscious pilots and boat passengers (#1911)
  • Loading unconscious into co-pilot seats and boats (#1921)
  • Renabled fragementation

CHANGED:

• Updated Spanish translation (#1623, #1824)
  • Updated German translation (#1643)
  • Updated Portuguese translation (#1755)
  • Updated Polish translation (#1782)
  • Updated Czech translation (#1797)
  • Various 3D models and textures (#1799)
  • Medical litter models (#1875)
  • Optimized wind deflection code (#1886)

REMOVED:

• "Treat at" action menu entry when using ace_medical (#1809)

A full list of merged pull requests

KNOWN ISSUES
We have noticed that when using ACE with 3rd-Party mods that do not fully support CBA Extended Eventhandlers (XEH) that some units do not work with Interaction fully. You may see the cursor but no menus.

WORKAROUND: The latest CBA RC7 Hotfix 2, v1.1.23 has an optional PBO that you can activate to help resolve these situations.
1. Move the cba_enable_auto_xeh.pbo and its signature file from the CBA optional folder to the CBA Addons folder
2. Restart Arma.

If you have identified the 3rd-Party mod that causes ACE Interaction to break, contact the developer and ask them to support the CBA XEH. They can contact CBA Devs for help.

Developers can update their mods by one of the following methods to work with ACE.
Reference: Two guides to help developers get started with the CBA extended event handler system

• Like 5

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to the forums but got to say amazing work so far!

I'm having a problem with the ACE3 AtragMX.

Unintentionally i managed to delete the first 5 gun configs/tables (not sure how they are called..)  in the AtragMX from the gunlist while trying to make a custom one for Toadie's AWM (one 9.3x64mm and 4 versions of 5.56x45mm).

any idea how to reset that and get those back into the gunlist? tried to install again but no luck...

I saw this CfgAmmo on github but no idea how to implement the info from there ingame.

sorry for all the lack of knowledge, I'm really new to this (the forums and modding)

Is anyone having medical issues after the the 3.2 update. We have basic medical enabled, and even with "prevent death" enabled we are still sometimes getting killed. version 3.1 worked great . And we have had our medical settings rock solid. But with 3.2 they are just all over the place. Getting shot by the enemy and the off chance it doesnt insta kill you, your entire body is totally red instead of just the body part hit. Again I am not sure what parameters seemed changed but it does feel different. Curious if any others are having issues where the medical settings they used previously now feel different ?

• Like 1

can you bring back the ACE settings? I want to turn off the names of the other players, and only see it when I push a key as it was before, or is there any reason to not be able to configure the settings of ACE3?

Is anyone having medical issues after the the 3.2 update. We have basic medical enabled, and even with "prevent death" enabled we are still sometimes getting killed. version 3.1 worked great . And we have had our medical settings rock solid. But with 3.2 they are just all over the place. Getting shot by the enemy and the off chance it doesnt insta kill you, your entire body is totally red instead of just the body part hit. Again I am not sure what parameters seemed changed but it does feel different. Curious if any others are having issues where the medical settings they used previously now feel different ?

There is a bug with prevent instant death in the 3.2.0 update. We are working on a patch and we are planning to release it shortly.

Hello guys, outstanding work on ACE3.

I have one question though, how to access the radio menu (like to call radio Alpha)?

You're overriding the EventHandlers class inheritance (and thus removing XEH compatibility).

(I'm not an expert on configs, but I believe that's what's happening)

Edit: See here. You're declaring the subclass without inheriting from the subclass of the parent class. Thus removing the subclass' inheritance.

Edit2: Maybe not? Subclass inheritance has always been a confusing subject for me :P

Ok that was solved, thanks for the tip.

The problem however seems to be still persistent, i'm wondering if it isn't related to what ACE devs wrote about in the last patch readme... :(

Ok that was solved, thanks for the tip.

The problem however seems to be still persistent, i'm wondering if it isn't related to what ACE devs wrote about in the last patch readme... :(

I'm pretty sure I was incorrect about the subclass anyway, configs aren't my strong point.

You should check out the CBA wiki's XEH guide. The problem is definitely solvable.

By any chance are your new vehicles defining their own EventHandlers subclass? That'd do it.

I'm pretty sure I was incorrect about the subclass anyway, configs aren't my strong point.

You should check out the CBA wiki's XEH guide. The problem is definitely solvable.

By any chance are your new vehicles defining their own EventHandlers subclass? That'd do it.

After some testing around i think i finally tracked down the issue to custom init eventhandlers.

The missing interaction key bug happens also with vanilla vehicles like the offroad that has custom init for textures and hiddenselections.