acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

NM I figured it out

I had range card,kestral etc etc all in the back pack.

You cant access it from there as soon as I put them in my normal clothes it worked :P

Hey ACE devs or anyone keeping up on dev of ACE3.

I am really looking forward to some sort of vehicle repair options, but am curious how this will work with add ons, or is it going to be relegated to vanilla only vehicles etc. Also any idea of what milestone that is targeted for ?

I saw this in the ACE3 Github

May 22 - milestone 3.2

I don't think this will happen for 3.1, although it's mostly finished.

Obviously it wasn't a feature in 3.1 but curious about 3.2. Not much has been spoken about it. My group tends to damage a lot of NATO assets in our missions lol and we would like to save the tax payers money by not leaving our trucks behind when they get a flat tire lol.

As always though amazing job with ACE, my group is still loving it and all that it brings to ARMA. Our new favorite toy is the portable bipod stand thing.

• Like 1

Hey ACE devs or anyone keeping up on dev of ACE3.

I am really looking forward to some sort of vehicle repair options, but am curious how this will work with add ons, or is it going to be relegated to vanilla only vehicles etc. Also any idea of what milestone that is targeted for ?

I saw this in the ACE3 Github

May 22 - milestone 3.2

I don't think this will happen for 3.1, although it's mostly finished.

Obviously it wasn't a feature in 3.1 but curious about 3.2. Not much has been spoken about it. My group tends to damage a lot of NATO assets in our missions lol and we would like to save the tax payers money by not leaving our trucks behind when they get a flat tire lol.

As always though amazing job with ACE, my group is still loving it and all that it brings to ARMA. Our new favorite toy is the portable bipod stand thing.

I believe commy and/or jaynus is behind the development of that. However they haven't made any commits to the ACE3 github since May/June. Who knows what happened to them or the status of those features?

jaynus and commy2 are still working, if you don't see their commits that's normal.

For example I work on documentation and only publish my branches once I'm doing a pull request, they might do the same.

Is there a Youtube video with all ACE 3 features shown and possibly compared to vanilla counterparts?

Haven't found any.

How do I set up my mission description.ext for:

Medical set to no instant death/unconscious

Respawn enabled

Revive enabled

I think I'm doing something wrong as I'm instantly dying when I check it in server. Does there have to be at least one other player alive on server?

Its currently set to:

respawn = 3;

respawnDelay = 5;

respawnDialog = false;

Thanks

you have to use Addon modules

see this page: http://ace3mod.com/wiki/missionmaker/modules.html

2. ACE3 Medical

HI

i have problem with drones , i can't lock on targets with "T" when using ACE3 tried many methods but no luck i can't find the correct key for locking on targets tried all the mentioned keys in the manual; please help :)

HI

i have problem with drones , i can't lock on targets with "T" when using ACE3 tried many methods but no luck i can't find the correct key for locking on targets tried all the mentioned keys in the manual; please help :)

A known issue posted about several pages ago - its being worked on apparently.

A known issue posted about several pages ago - its being worked on apparently.

thanks for the info ...

jaynus and commy2 are still working, if you don't see their commits that's normal.

For example I work on documentation and only publish my branches once I'm doing a pull request, they might do the same.

Oh ok cool thanks for the info alganthe !

I posted several times, without response and Searching didnt give any results.

Is the food/water system from CSE comming back and if yes, when can we expect it?

when playing PVP, the death messages do not show up properly. It should read "player was killed by player" but instead it just sais "player killed"

I guess this is because of the medical system getting in the way.

is it possible to fix this via script? or a module such as the friendly fire messages module...

hi

the framework-setting method is great to avoid putting module in every mission

i have two questions:

1) every setting you can do with modules is available with the framework method too?

2) it's hard sometimes to find the framework setting equivalent to module setting. Is there a way to find it in an easy way?

thank you

hi

i have two questions:

1) every setting you can do with modules is available with the framework method too?

2) it's hard sometimes to find the framework setting equivalent to module setting. Is there a way to find it in an easy way?

thank you

1. Not EVERY setting. Modules that designate the medic class, medical facility, etc. need to be placed manually.

2. Set all modules the way you want them. Add the "Allow Config Export" module. Then while in game/preview hit escape>ace config>export. Paste the results in your ace userconfig file.

hi

i have two questions:

thank you

Of course there is. At best you take a look at the ACE-gitHub. Every folder contains an ACE_Settings.hpp with the standard values and the explanation for possible values. Take a look at this for ace_medical: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/addons/medical/ACE_Settings.hpp

1. Not EVERY setting. Modules that designate the medic class, medical facility, etc. need to be placed manually.

2. Set all modules the way you want them. Add the "Allow Config Export" module. Then while in game/preview hit escape>ace config>export. Paste the results in your ace userconfig file.

You can do even that without placing the module, by using the variables and functions that ACE offers (but which haven't yet found their way in the documentation):

UNIT setVariable ["ACE_medical_medicClass", 2, true];

BUILDING setVariable ["ACE_medical_isMedicalFacility", true, true];

[uNIT,true] call ACE_captives_fnc_setHandcuffed;

and so on.

I've been trying to find info on what we need to add to a vehicle addons config to make it "ACE compatible". So you can access the interaction menu inside the vehicle for medical actions etc.

Could anyone help me with this info?

I've been trying to find info on what we need to add to a vehicle addons config to make it "ACE compatible". So you can access the interaction menu inside the vehicle for medical actions etc.

Could anyone help me with this info?

Vehicles only need to have correct inheritance. If using some alternate inheritance then you need to make the root class XEH compatible and add the ACE_Actions subclass (this would mean updating it with every update of the ace_interaction version).

Has anyone tried or have experience with trying to use the Titan Launcher and its "look on" system, with top down firing selection, but then it wont fire, and then none of your weapons will fire. Like the mouse button doesnt work, nothing happens?

thank you Belbo and bigpoppablunts

about the "Set Medic Class" Module

i saw i can't use framework settings for this module

1) there is an ace3 function that i can use in the init.sqf to set the "Set Medic Class" Module List?

2) Is this the command UNIT setVariable ["ACE_medical_medicClass", 2, true];? the number 2 means?

3) What i have to put in the List: unit name or unit classname?

my intent is to create a mission that i can play with and without ace3 so i want to use framework settings and to avoid using modules

tnx

Edited by L0rn1x

Hi

I am not sure if its an ACE thing but UAV`s do not seem to work.

I place a UAV on the floor and walk up to it all I get is pack UAV

I have a UAV command thing and even a UAV battery but never get a chance to link it even using interact and self interact there is nothing :(

thank you Belbo and bigpoppablunts

about the "Set Medic Class" Module

i saw i can't use framework settings for this module

1) there is an ace3 function that i can use in the init.sqf to set the "Set Medic Class" Module List?

2) Is this the command UNIT setVariable ["ACE_medical_medicClass", 2, true];? the number 2 means?

3) What i have to put in the List: unit name or unit classname?

my intent is to create a mission that i can play with and without ace3 so i want to use framework settings and to avoid using modules

tnx

1) Just use UNIT setVariable ["ACE_medical_medicClass",2,true];

2) 0 = no medic; 1 = medic; 2 = doctor;

3) The unit's name. Or for example player:

if (hasInterface) then {player setVariable ["ACE_medical_medicClass",1,true];};

Hi

I am not sure if its an ACE thing but UAV`s do not seem to work.

I place a UAV on the floor and walk up to it all I get is pack UAV

I have a UAV command thing and even a UAV battery but never get a chance to link it even using interact and self interact there is nothing :(

Make sure you have the right UAV and the right UAV control terminal. BI managed to label every small piece of euqipment with "NATO", "CSAT" or "AAF"... except for the UAVs where it really matters.