acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

No. But you should use https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/enableFatigue instead. That's more reliable.

That's what we used...once we started experiencing the problem we modified the script to add 'player setfatigue 0' as well. This is actually done in a loop that runs every 30 seconds which is what makes this so weird:

while {alive _unit} do 
{
_unit setFatigue 0;
_unit enableFatigue false; 
sleep 30; 
}; 

It's triggered by

class Extended_PreInit_EventHandlers {
 DRI_NF_Init = "DRI_NF_Init_Var = [] execVM ""\DRI_nofatigue\init.sqf""";
};

But anyways, I believe RHS units had some problems with CBA's eventhandlers ain't it? That's why the interaction menu for ACE3 was broken for their units a while ago, or so I heard...Idk.

Anyway, you answered my question so I'm probably better off asking RHS now ^^

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Hey guys, i removed the Javlin PBO and i get the following error:

Warning Message: Cannot open object z\ace\addons\javelin\data\reticle_titan.p3d

I looked at the WIKI and confirmed ace_missileguidance is also removed. The other two dependencies are required of course for the other modules. Is there anyway to avoid this error when disabling this module? Or is this considered normal? Not a deal breaker just wondering.

Thanks

Hey guys, i removed the Javlin PBO and i get the following error:

Warning Message: Cannot open object z\ace\addons\javelin\data\reticle_titan.p3d

I looked at the WIKI and confirmed ace_missileguidance is also removed. The other two dependencies are required of course for the other modules. Is there anyway to avoid this error when disabling this module? Or is this considered normal? Not a deal breaker just wondering.

Thanks

Remove the ace_compat_rhs_usf3.pbo.

Is it possible to modify the Interaction Menu or add custom values/actions to it from the mission?

A dialog is always possible, but if this can be done then that would save some time.

Edited by ColinM9991

Anyone having severe FPS problems with ACE3 vs. new Arma3 1.48 update? I suffer from a ~20 FPS drop (60 to 40) without/with ACE3 mod under the exact same mission conditions. But not yet blaming ACE, still have to see if its a combination of ACE and something else. A lot has been changed under the hood this Arma update...

Remove the ace_compat_rhs_usf3.pbo.

TY will try that

Anyone having severe FPS problems with ACE3 vs. new Arma3 1.48 update? I suffer from a ~20 FPS drop (60 to 40) without/with ACE3 mod under the exact same mission conditions. But not yet blaming ACE, still have to see if its a combination of ACE and something else. A lot has been changed under the hood this Arma update...

have you not had fps drops with ace before? 20fps is what ace costs....

Is there any sort of debug script i could run from my client to see where the ACE3 settings are coming from? e.g. my local settings or is the Server config working and pushing over the network?

any help appreciated.

Gav

When adjusting your scope how do you tell what distance you are ranged for there does not seem to be any visual feed back

ACE doesn't support the hability to save games? YOu just kill me:butbut:

is there any though about it on the near future?

Wondering this as well.I just spent two evenings in the editor falling in love with ACE-I play SP most of the time.I haven't used it in scenarios yet but if I can't reload saves..I hope this will change.

I don't know. You claimed it elsewhere. Are you really sure? ACE costs 20 FPS on an empty map, no AI action, no bullet calculations...?

I haven't used it in scenarios yet but if I can't reload saves..I hope this will change.

You can´t reload a saved game, or if you reload a saved game after exiting and opening arma3 again, ACE3 interactions (and some features) doesn´t work??? ACE3 doesn´t causes NLSG (no load saved games bug) per se, but you ´ve just thrown ALL ace-compactibility optionals on the main mod addons folder, you´re having dependancy issues with mods you don´t have activate, THAT´s what causes NLSG issue... take out all optionals and try playing a SP mission, saving and reloading... it should work alright!

On the other hand, if you save a game, exit arma3 and launch it again (another day or afterwards) the ACE3 interaction and some features won´t reload... I´ve used moduload mod and it seens to take some time to reload ACE3 functions, and sometimes it doesn´t work at all, but so far, it doesn´t prevent reloading a saved game =P

cheers!

Us as well. Not sure if its all on ACE3, but for me running games as the server on game nights, I suffered a bad FPS loss with ACE3 running on Altis. As soon as I removed it, frames back to normal. Haven't played with this last update yet. We'll see I guess. We only really want the Medical part of ACE3. Love it. Still trying to figure it out though somewhat.

Anyone know what the Revive Mod is verses the Basic/Advanced Medical Mod is? Last I checked the documentation was a bit sparse.

just a quick request....

would it be possible to get a "one bandage" option like there was in AGM? the reason i ask is that some missions eg. AO Warfare. use a weird wounding system that causes damage to the whole body rather than just the arm or leg. this means in 1 go you have to use all your bandages to patch everything up. the was i got around it using AGM was to use the "one bandage" option in the medical options. i know its not ideal but it would make missions using scripts that deal damage to the whole body rather than regions playable quickly and easily

just an idea for you to mull over

oh and also... Love your work, keep it up your making arma what its supposed to be

thanks again guys

I don't know. You claimed it elsewhere. Are you really sure? ACE costs 20 FPS on an empty map, no AI action, no bullet calculations...?

I havent noticed any FPS drops with ACE when there is nothing happening, but once intense firefights begin, there are visible framedrops of 10-15 fps.

This is when playing with 70-120 players in TvT. When around 20 players fire continuously the issue becomes clear.

This does warrant more tests as there is a possibility it is caused something else than ACE3 but it is the most likely suspect right now.

i have a small question about adding actions to the interaction menu. i found no documentation about it so far, but maybe i just overlooked something...

somewhere i found how to add an action to the selfinteraction menu and there to the equipment part of it.

[player, 1, ["ACE_SelfActions", "ACE_Equipment"], _action] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;

i also found out that i have to change the 1 to a 0 for the interaction with another object.

now my question is, where can i find all the paths? what i mean is, with what do i have to replace "ACE_SelfActions" when i want the action on an another object? and what are the names of the sub-paths, like in the self interaction medical instead of equipment?

i don't expect you to write all the possible entries here (even though that would help me save time), i would just like to know where i can find all of thos entries?

thanks in advance!

A quick test. Under the same conditions, same quickly saved editor mission, same set of mods... one unit on the map doing nothing but looking:

- No ACE: ~60 FPS

- ACE added: ~40 FPS

- ACE minus Advanced Ballistics (via serverconfig.hpp): ~50 FPS

Single player environment with ace_server.pbo and serverconfig.hpp

A quick test. Under the same conditions, same quickly saved editor mission, same set of mods... one unit on the map doing nothing but looking:

- No ACE: ~60 FPS

- ACE added: ~40 FPS

- ACE minus Advanced Ballistics (via serverconfig.hpp): ~50 FPS

Single player environment with ace_server.pbo and serverconfig.hpp

Yea based on the comments, i was going to suggest trying it without the advance Ballistics module... Since BIS worked on AI reactions, maybe this has something to do with it...

;2967252']You can´t reload a saved game' date=' or if you reload a saved game after exiting and opening arma3 again, ACE3 interactions (and some features) doesn´t work??? ACE3 doesn´t causes NLSG (no load saved games bug) per se, but you ´ve just thrown ALL ace-compactibility optionals on the main mod addons folder, you´re having dependancy issues with mods you don´t have activate, THAT´s what causes NLSG issue... take out all optionals and try playing a SP mission, saving and reloading... it should work alright!

On the other hand, if you save a game, exit arma3 and launch it again (another day or afterwards) the ACE3 interaction and some features won´t reload... I´ve used moduload mod and it seens to take some time to reload ACE3 functions, and sometimes it doesn´t work at all, but so far, it doesn´t prevent reloading a saved game =P

cheers![/quote']

That's what I thought-so if I die and reload it will be ok,but if I exit the game and then reload the interactions etc will stop working.Thats fine then-I usually finish missions in one sitting anyway.Thanks-I stayed away from AGM/ACE for a long time as I only play SP,but now i feel it really adds to my SP experience.I especially like the recoil/sway fix.I was using mods that removed it entirely but i thing ACE got it just right(would love to see that as a separate mod BTW)

Evening Gentlemen,

A friend of mine and fellow team-member is having some major issues getting ACE3 to work, which is strange as for the other fifteen members of my group, everything has been fine. Whilst trying to update his ACE to the latest version after a short absence, he has encountered an error saying that he is unable to download/install "ace_medical.dll". I have been sat with him for the past two hours trying desperately to figure out how to get it to work but for the life of me I cannot find the answer.

We have tried almost every possible option on PW6, manual installs, and even me sending him my medical.dll file to replace his own but every time we get into game it tells him that the file is missing, despite it being there, and every time we try to use PW6 to update or verify the ACE3 mod he is met with the error "Disk Operation Failed". He is running both PW6 and Steam in admin mode and we are positive that all of the file paths are hooked up right.

Has anybody else encountered this issue and better yet, found a fix for it?

i have a small question about adding actions to the interaction menu. i found no documentation about it so far, but maybe i just overlooked something...

somewhere i found how to add an action to the selfinteraction menu and there to the equipment part of it.

[player, 1, ["ACE_SelfActions", "ACE_Equipment"], _action] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;

i also found out that i have to change the 1 to a 0 for the interaction with another object.

now my question is, where can i find all the paths? what i mean is, with what do i have to replace "ACE_SelfActions" when i want the action on an another object? and what are the names of the sub-paths, like in the self interaction medical instead of equipment?

i don't expect you to write all the possible entries here (even though that would help me save time), i would just like to know where i can find all of thos entries?

thanks in advance!

okay, i think i found what i was looking for. BUT i think i found a bug. adding the action works fine, but as soon as another object is attachted via attachTo the interaction menu does not work properly. the action ace adds work fine, but costum one does not.

to explain what i mean:

i want to add an action to a quad bike. if the quadbike is just alone it works fine.

as soon as i attach anything to the quadbike via attachTo, the costum action is not working. the action in the menu appears for a split second, but then is gone. the actions i have like attaching a strobe still work. also if i attach a strobe via the interaction menu do not have the same effect, my costum action is still accessable after attaching.

so am i doing somthing wrong, or is it a bug, or is it something that should bel ike it is?

help would be much appreciated!

So how does the frag and spall system work now?

I've been dropping the largest ordinance I can find on runway, but no fragments seem to be striking the trucks I hide behind. Were the audible impacts removed?

Likewise, 30mm and 12.7mm going through walls may create spall, but it's not visible as secondary impacts.

Edited by maturin

@wiggie

this is most likely an issue with PW6, download the mod from here (click me!!!) unpack it and drag it into steam\steamApps\Arma3

@maturin:

Fragmentation and spalling are disabled on stable, they will be reactivated in the next update (They are already on acemod\master)

I'm trying to get ace3 to work on my gaming server with no joy. Is there a guide somewhere for server set up and how to use the hpp file supplied? Couldn't see anything on the Wiki.

I can't get any missions working with ACE modules at all on server but local works fine.

What happened to commy? He was the one assigned to the logistics portion of ACE and he hasn't made any code commits since May?