acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Hello folks,

I just felt in love with ACE 3 mod so badly that i can't imagine playing arma 3 without it. Our group of players are playing antistasi but have a problema with medical ítems not showing with te ACE 3 mod on. So... is there any dinamic campaing that Works fine with all the Ace 3 features?

Hello folks,

I just felt in love with ACE 3 mod so badly that i can't imagine playing arma 3 without it. Our group of players are playing antistasi but have a problema with medical ítems not showing with te ACE 3 mod on. So... is there any dinamic campaing that Works fine with all the Ace 3 features?

My community is playing "Enemy Assault" http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150173-Ghost-Missions very frequently.

thanks Bux578, we will try it tonight. We will run it on a dedicated server is there something special that we should do in order to have de ACE features fully operational, apart from having the ace mod activated? Sorry if it's a silly question but i'm afraid we are a bit newbies on the mod scene XD

PD: I feel kins stupid asking this but... how do I see if the Advanced Ballistics is enabled?

Edited by Delan

Just wondering if any of the ACE devs can give a hint on how the weapon temp feature works. How it is that ACE register the heat of the barrel.

This is in relegation to the 3CB weapons pack the majority of our weapons register heat just a couple don't and there is no difference between them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys a question about loading the MOD.

Ok so I design a lot of my own missions and do a lot of testing/playing. Lately a lot of my missions designs have been around dynamic missions that take up the whole islands and take a bit of time to complete. A couple of times I have run into issues where the MENU stops working. Is there a code i can run in debug to resync the ACE MOD in mission during gameplay? For example about a few hours into the mission i had to reload a saved sessions few times due to dieing. When i loaded it, i tried to use the menu to plant an explosive and the menu would come up, but the icons would not expand. So like [self Actions] would show up but then nothing after that. Loading the menu from the pause menu also seemed to work OK. Just wondering if there is some type of codes i can execute again mid-mission to allow this to work again?

Some more details:

-This could be a ARMA issue or an update occurred mid-mission

-Not all ACE modules are being used, some have been removed from MOD folder as intended

Thanks guys and keep up the great work, the community needs it ;)

hi ,

is ace_laser.pbo and ace_missleguidance.pbo mdular???

can i remove it???

thank you

@ JCae2798

ACE3 doesn't supported saves at the moment, ACE3 is intended for a multiplayer use.

@AB_Luca

ace_laser is used by the yardage 450 and laser_selfdesignate

missile guidance is used by the javelin

if you remove laser and missile guidance don't forget to remove the pbos above to avoid errors.

On the note of medics performing actions faster I'll investigate.

Thank you, alganthe! I wanted to add that I have also observed that non-medics heal at the same speed as medics under Basic Medical with medics enabled. Units tested were the Combat Medic class and Squad Leader class from the USAF faction of RHS Escalation. I'll try to sneak a peek at their config files and see if maybe the Squad Leader has the attendant flag set to true. Anyone using the U.S. Pack by Craig will notice that some non-medics have all the same powers as medics because the attendant flag is set to true.

EDIT: Tested with Vanilla squad leader and CLS under Basic Medical and bandaging and morphine injection are at the same speed.

EDIT2: RHS Squad leader has attendant flag set to 0 (false) and RHS Medic has flag set to TRUE. So, they're configured right, in theory.

Edited by diehardfc

@ JCae2798

ACE3 doesn't supported saves at the moment, ACE3 is intended for a multiplayer use.

@AB_Luca

if you remove laser and missile guidance don't forget to remove the pbos above to avoid errors.

ACE doesn't support the hability to save games? YOu just kill me:butbut:

is there any though about it on the near future?

@ab_luca

thanks for answer

i know that removing some pbo i will lose some great function ,but i' m trying to find a solution for get back the vanilla gbu working untill next ace patch fix it!!!

Do you know what pbo i have to remove ??

I made some test and i got some error like you said ...but maybe is because of the yardage...now i try again!!

Bye

Does anyone know if its possible to turn off ACE medical entirely without deleting the PBO? We are trying to do a PvP but not use the medical as its a bit advanced for what we want do to. Additionally even with the modules not in use it still adds the medical system.

Edited by N_Icomach

ACE doesn't support the hability to save games? YOu just kill me:butbut:

is there any though about it on the near future?

Yea although it's been working fairly well, i have the same question if/when an ETA would be possible for this. Sad news for sure :( but i get it....

@alganthe or anyone from ACE team -

The reason for my question earlier is that the explosive system is really what i want to run but cannot run missions successfully when it stops working. What i really love and need from this module is how you guys implemented the IEDs to act as explosives. If there is any info shared on how that was possible i would appreciate it in the mean time. Thanks guys!

Nevermind figured out a scripting solution. Thanks

Edited by JCae2798
Solved

Has anyone had a problem with empty helicopters blowing up immediately when a player gets in them? I was having that problem tonight, no matter what type of helicopter, whether empty or friendly already in them, as soon as a player was getting in, it was just detonating and killing them.

The only thing I can find about a similar problem suggests it also happened with some old revive scripts and conflicts between them, and I did have the ace revive module in there, which makes me think it's the likely culprit.

Has anyone had a problem with empty helicopters blowing up immediately when a player gets in them? I was having that problem tonight, no matter what type of helicopter, whether empty or friendly already in them, as soon as a player was getting in, it was just detonating and killing them.

The only thing I can find about a similar problem suggests it also happened with some old revive scripts and conflicts between them, and I did have the ace revive module in there, which makes me think it's the likely culprit.

It happens without any mods too. Probably, not ACE3 problem.

ok. No idea on how to proceed to actívate the advanced ballistics. anyone?

Problem should be fixed after Wednesday.

---------- Post added at 11:47 ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 ----------

P.s to clarify it is not an ace issue.

Not sure where to ask this but what gives units the ACE interaction menu? Some addon-units cant be healed or interacted in any way and while making my own unit addon i have the same problem. As if ACE doesn't recognize them as units?

Is it because of inheritance or something else? I'm using MyUnit:SoldierGB:CAManBase:Man

Actions should show up for units inheriting from CAManBase

Edit: Apparently my problem was defining eventhandlers in my units config, that breaks ace functionality. Any help on adding an eventhandler to my units config without removing the ones added earlier higher up in the tree?

Edited by Groshnak

Hey quick question,

Does ACE3 do anything related to fatigue? Like force-enabling it?

My community runs a modified version of Drifter's No Fatigue mod but lately it doesn't work anymore..fatigue is enabled..

We also recently added RHS into our modpack, which is my second suspect..Just wanted to ask ;)

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Hey quick question,

Does ACE3 do anything related to fatigue? Like force-enabling it?

My community runs a modified version of Drifter's No Fatigue mod but lately it doesn't work anymore..fatigue is enabled..

No. But you should use https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/enableFatigue instead. That's more reliable.