acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

First of all, this is amazing, so to all those involved, thank you.

I have one question, since 6,7,8 keys are used for grenade interaction, how do I tell my units to change stance and formation? Thank you.

Getting this error from ACE when i start the game up and get to the menu, am i missing something?

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/688272462903785826/3A7F8F636E567156138C0A79A9020926F04816A0/

Are you running other mods with ACE3? Perhaps a compatability pbo needs to be moved to the main addons folder.

First of all, this is amazing, so to all those involved, thank you.

I have one question, since 6,7,8 keys are used for grenade interaction, how do I tell my units to change stance and formation? Thank you.

Config > Controls > Configure Addons and rebind the number keys.

Thankyou. Once again amazing mod. Never got into Ace but this one works straight out of the box.

you again...

ACE2 was 2GBs if you added ACEX. Otherwise wasn't over 100MBs if irc.

ACE3 seems to have a full feature list: http://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/

so what are you missing?

Missing manners and clearly didnt put time into it.

How can I attach pip scopes, when I put down an empty Ace ammo box and select the pip scopes they can be stored in my inventory but not attached??

How can I attach pip scopes, when I put down an empty Ace ammo box and select the pip scopes they can be stored in my inventory but not attached??

Are you using ASDG Joint Rails? It seemed to cause this bug for me.

Something I'd like to see is the interaction menu changed, into maybe a window in the corner of the screen. I say this because it's tricky a lot of the time to do some actions because you gotta turn so much to select them and this becomes an issue when doing explosives that you have to self detonate. Plus it's a bit of a slow method since you can't just cursor over the options and quickly get what you need.

Now if I just missed an option that turn the interaction system into this then please tell me.

Something I'd like to see is the interaction menu changed, into maybe a window in the corner of the screen. I say this because it's tricky a lot of the time to do some actions because you gotta turn so much to select them and this becomes an issue when doing explosives that you have to self detonate. Plus it's a bit of a slow method since you can't just cursor over the options and quickly get what you need.

Now if I just missed an option that turn the interaction system into this then please tell me.

Has been discussed numerous times before and the answer was always the same: The menu wont be changed.

Are you using ASDG Joint Rails? It seemed to cause this bug for me.

If you are using ASDG Joint Rails, then you need to move the "ace_compat_asdg.pbo" from the "@ACE\optionals" folder to the "@ACE\addons" folder. Otherwise the ACE scopes won't work.

Edited by Raptor4223
added quote

If you are using ASDG Joint Rails, then you need to move the "ace_compat_asdg.pbo" from the "@ACE\optionals" folder to the "@ACE\addons" folder. Otherwise the ACE scopes won't work.

Great stuff I will give this a go now!

ACE3 - Medical - Feature Request (or question)

Anyway to carry/drag a dead mate? Like you can when they are down and hurt? As soon as they expire, we have to leave them behind. Would be great to carry your fallen squad mates (human) back home.

ACE3 - Captive - Feature Request/Bug

Can NOT load a captive into a Heli. Works with the Hunter, but not the Ghosthawk.

Are you running other mods with ACE3? Perhaps a compatability pbo needs to be moved to the main addons folder.

No compatibility pbo currently in the optional folder will work, or is needed with IFA3 and ACE alone, I dont get the error when i run both, just when i run my mod

which has ACE in it and IFA3, so i need to narrow it down somehow.

One question for the devs, is there a way to make the dragging feature work for IFA3 ammo boxes? as the dragging only works for vanilla and ACE boxes for Arma3.

For some reason if we have two teams of players (BLU and OPF) only one team gets the ACE interaction. Is anyone else having this issue?

Out of curiousity, I'm looking at

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/addons/ballistics/CfgAmmo.hpp

and

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/addons/ballistics/CfgWeapons.hpp

now, and the numbers seem to work for the in-game ATragMX, but not entirely so for actual ballistics calculators. I was VERY pleased to find that the .408 Chey Tac is modelled perfectly. The in-game ATrag works great at a speed of 910m/s but with a ballistics calculator on my end I've been plugging in the .408 Chey Tac data from Chey Tac (868 m/s muzzle velocity, .949 bullet coefficient) and nailing shots bang on every time. How am I to interpret the data from this file if I wanted to use it with an actual ballistics calc?

UNLESS... I'm not using Advanced Ballistics by accident? Hmm. Gotta check that when I'm less tired.

Second edit: Well I couldn't let it bug me all night so I tested it and made sure Adv. Ballistics was on... my ballistics calculator still did fine with the Chey Tac stats... much better than the ingame ATrag did, actually. So... still wondering how to interpret the data.

Edited by TigrisJK

Yes - the revive settings do what you want. Enable revive and set the revive time to -1.

thank you for the suggestion, but we found that with these settings:

Revive Settings

Settings:
   Enable Revive (Option): "Player only" or "Player and AI"
   Max Revive time (Number): -1
   Max Revive lives (Number): -1

players die sometimes

but we found also that if we put

Max Revive time (Number): 7200 (2 hours) or any other value

it works.

it's a bug (-1 should mean forever i think) or I am missing something?

thank you for the suggestion, but we found that with these settings:

Revive Settings

Settings:
   Enable Revive (Option): "Player only" or "Player and AI"
   Max Revive time (Number): -1
   Max Revive lives (Number): -1

players die sometimes

but we found also that if we put

Max Revive time (Number): 7200 (2 hours) or any other value

it works.

it's a bug (-1 should mean forever i think) or I am missing something?

The time -1 does appear to be broken. I will fix it. For now you can probably use a very large value.

Pressing "T" while aiming launcher is not working.

"Advanced Missile Targeting" is off.

Server config is pretty empty. No Module concerning advanced missile targeting is loaded.

Suggestions?

It is amazingly annoying that this mod interferes where it's not wanted like this.

Pressing "T" while aiming launcher is not working.

I can confirm this. At least with the titan.

I know how to make a unit surrender in the mission editor, simply linking to the provided module. Works a treat.

Is there a way I can set him as captive, i.e. already cable tied, and not merely surrendered? I'd like to be able to be cable tied before the mission starts, so he can be untied and interacted with him.

I'm sure there must be something I can put in the unit's init?

Beyond that, a linkable module for cable tied/captive units for the editor is a future feature request :)

hi

after last update i dont find my set zero adjustment option in ace ->equipments

and also that range table only have one column it seems that AB is not working for some reason

game 1.46

ace 3.1.1

Edited by macfifa

hi

after last update i dont find my set zero adjustment option in ace ->equipments

and also that range table only have one column it seems that AB is not working for some reason

game 1.46

ace 3.1.1

Strange, it works correctly for me with the M320/LRPS on the Altis 360 Degree Training Course, AB module enabled (last CBA and ACE3 only).

Are you sure to have the AB module enabled ?

Hi ACE team,

I would like to remove the "gbu guidance" as it does not work for now, what are the PBO that I must turn off to get back the vanilla function?

I tried removing laser.pbo;laser self designate.pbo;missleguidance.pbo;

but with no lucky because I get an error message and the game editor just dont start.

Can anyone help me?

thanks.

Bye

The time -1 does appear to be broken. I will fix it. For now you can probably use a very large value.

thank you for your work, ACE3 is amazing...