acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

I find that ACE works well with some mods and not at all with others. Is there a reason for this? Is it the mod or ACE or am I not placing a proper module down. Some examples are the R3F, PG services, Irish Armed Forces Mod.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 19:18 ---------- Previous post was at 19:06 ----------

Disregard. I'm an idiot

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/releases

Edited by piggypotpie

Yes! Blessing SilentSpyke, we found some of parameters. Excellent ! We will try "live" on our next mission.

Yes! Damage threshold inside values !!!!! Yeeeeeeeess!

BUT (yeah I know...) there isn't one option i would like to see :

- Adrenaline must be use by medics. But you can't change that. Sadly :/

Can we ask for this options or it is definitly hard coded ?

We will try "revive" to see what is it :) excellent excellent !

I finally found a combination of mods that allow me to play Single Player missions and campaigns. Unfortunately ACE3 isn't included. The action menu keeps bugging out and stops responding. I use the CTRL/Windows or Windows hotkey, and I get a mouse pointer or nothing at all. Or the CTRL windows menu stops working, but I can still see the interact options when I'm next to AI squad mates.

I'm an ARMA/A3 noob and I'd really like to integrate the ACE3 experience into my SP scenarios and campaigns, so I'm familiar with the system when I decide I'm competent enough to move to Co-op/Realism play. A settings GUI with helpful hints like TPW's GUI would be an awesome addition to ACE3. A GUI where players can turn on/off or tweak ACE3 settings. Being an ARMA noob hearing the my voice over commands and AI responses is a tremendous help, so I know my commands are being sent and received. I've read the posts on how to go in and edit scripts, however I'm not up to speed on how exactly to find those files much less edit anything. A GUI would go a long way.

A tutorial mission/scenario showcasing all of ACE3's modules would be great for ARMA3 and ACE3 newbies. Especially the Medical module. Actual missions wouldn't be necessary, just different stations in a basecamp where different tutorials kick in. This type of scenario could also serve as a test bed for adding additional mods to the ACE3 experience. A player can play the ACE3 tutorial scenario with only ACE3 running, then add other mods one at a time to test for conflicts.

Ideally I'd really like to be able to integrate ACE3's medical system into my SP experience, being able to revive AI and have my Medics and other AI squad members being able to revive other AI and me. Even if it's a dumbed down version that the AI can handle, just a simple downed state where my AI team mates don't die outright.

Edited by Bad_Karma

BUT (yeah I know...) there isn't one option i would like to see :

- Adrenaline must be use by medics. But you can't change that. Sadly :/

Can we ask for this options or it is definitly hard coded ?

Is this true? I have been beating my head against a wall trying to allow non-medics to use epi pens. I thought it was something to do with MCC interfering.

---------- Post added at 14:11 ---------- Previous post was at 13:41 ----------

There's an option in the ACE Settings per user, or you can force it via server- or mission config: http://ace3mod.com/wiki/framework/settings.html

This was for turning off the "advanced locking" for launchers. How does a user save their settings ? Sorry we are just changing from AGM and it's kinda nightmarish that there's not just a "save" button there - people don't wanna have to set it up every time they join the server - it seems to reset to default each and every time...

Edited by thefinn

Neither of those are public functions. Which means they aren't designed for general use but rather as part of an ace system. We highly recommend using the settings framework as documented, but if anyone wants to look at and experiment with any framework's code they're of course free to do so.

To answer your question though, the setSetting function is part of the settings framework and as such deals with settings (so it handles them as that framework was designed to). Personally I'm not sure where the setParameter is used as I haven't ran into that yet. If I wanted to find out more though then I'd go searching for

EFUNC(common,setParameter)

Thanks for the reply!! Unfortunately I have not yet been able to understand ace_common_fnc_setParameter since it is not used in the code, only ace_common_fnc_setSetting and ace_common_fnc_setSettingFromConfig seem to be used. I will experiment for the moment with ace_common_fnc_setSetting to achieve my goals.

Sorry if this has been addressed already. I can't pull up the atragmx, kestrel, or range tables. I did go into setting and assign keys to each action but they still won't appear on screen, and I do have them in my inventory but they also don't show up in AC self interaction menu. Also when using explosives, I get the options to rotate the explosive and place it on objects, however it just falls to the ground when I select place. Any ideas? Thanks

By any chance are they in your backpack? If they are, move them to your vest and you should be fine.

Hi

We have switched from AGM to ACE3 and have got to grips with that change.

The biggest miss from AGM is fast roping. Do you have any plans to bring that to ACE please?

Hi

The biggest miss from AGM is fast roping. Do you have any plans to bring that to ACE please?

Well considering a few things...

1. The mod devs from AGM are a part of ACE

2. The ACE mod has always supported fast roping

3. Many scripts exist for ArmA III regarding fast roping showing its viability

4. The MASSIVE feedback as a feature in each ArmA series either through official updates or mod development showing common interest in fast roping

I would safely venture to say that the ACE team has every intention on including fast roping into the mod, I can NOT say when, but if their previous work is any indication they prefer config writing to scripting, so expect it to function and likely with sound stability.

Is this true? I have been beating my head against a wall trying to allow non-medics to use epi pens. I thought it was something to do with MCC interfering.

We use MCC too... I will check without MCC to see if it change anything but I doubt it. Nevertheless, ACE is a great mod, especially for the ability to parameter it how you like.

Hi

There will be fast roping, as soon as a reliable solution is found. AGM's was quite hacky and not up to ACE3 standards.

@ACE devs, is there any consideration for an alternative interface for the medical system? I've been taking part in ACE3 testing with my group before we transition from CSE to ACE3 proper. A few others and myself have found the 3d interaction, especially regarding the medical, to be rather unintuitive. The issues we've found is that whenever we're trying to select options, it's rather time consuming compared to the CSE medical interface that we're accustomed to. This is the case for both our tests with the centred cursor, and the free moving mouse-cursor. Also tried the default view and list view - it still feels clunky.

Aesthetically, I think the 3d interface is fine, but it doesn't offer the emulation of control that I'd have over my character that I'd like. I'd prefer if a 2d GUI, in the vein of CSE, could be used as an option. I like the advanced medical system offered with ACE3, but I feel that I'd prefer it more if I didn't have to fumble with the 3d interface. I often find my cursor hovers over an option that I'm not intending to use, which then collapses the interaction tree that I was going through. It doesn't offer the expediency that I'd need to potentially make the difference between a player being revived and them dying and having to respawn. Realistically, I doubt in real life I'd struggle to bandage an arm because I accidentally bandaged their leg instead!

If there's any way to make the 3d interface more precise and accurate, then I'll be happy, but in the interim, I'd really appreciate if a 2d medical interface could be adopted.

@ACE devs, is there any consideration for an alternative interface for the medical system? I've been taking part in ACE3 testing with my group before we transition from CSE to ACE3 proper. A few others and myself have found the 3d interaction, especially regarding the medical, to be rather unintuitive. The issues we've found is that whenever we're trying to select options, it's rather time consuming compared to the CSE medical interface that we're accustomed to. This is the case for both our tests with the centred cursor, and the free moving mouse-cursor. Also tried the default view and list view - it still feels clunky.

Aesthetically, I think the 3d interface is fine, but it doesn't offer the emulation of control that I'd have over my character that I'd like. I'd prefer if a 2d GUI, in the vein of CSE, could be used as an option. I like the advanced medical system offered with ACE3, but I feel that I'd prefer it more if I didn't have to fumble with the 3d interface. I often find my cursor hovers over an option that I'm not intending to use, which then collapses the interaction tree that I was going through. It doesn't offer the expediency that I'd need to potentially make the difference between a player being revived and them dying and having to respawn. Realistically, I doubt in real life I'd struggle to bandage an arm because I accidentally bandaged their leg instead!

If there's any way to make the 3d interface more precise and accurate, then I'll be happy, but in the interim, I'd really appreciate if a 2d medical interface could be adopted.

There was a looooooooong debate over this a few months ago, if I remember properly the ACE devs simply said that they aren't going to implement a flexi menu (2d), even if it's just for the medical part...

It's a highly modular mod but they're skipping that part of modularity... :(

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Hi,

tested the range table for the mk6 mortar. Works great... But, if you are standing on a slope with your mortar you never get a hit. Thats the same problem with Codings Artillery Computer.

Everything is fine if you are on a flat surface.

I have exactly that same problem, so mortars on ACE3 without a ballistic computer are useless atm.
Are there any news regarding this bug/feature?

Hi.

Is there any possibility to set some ai units to unconscious only?

I have set 50/50 chance for all ai units but we want to prevent instant death for our ai strike team.

Edited by DaVIdoSS

For some reason if we have two teams of players (BLU and OPF) only one team gets the ACE interaction. Is anyone else having this issue?

I have to thank you for all the wonderful work that everyone on the ace3 team has done so far I noticed that under the basic medical system that there is no apparent side effect from taking multiple doses ( self dosing 10 times)of morphine or epinephrine was this an intended feature or does this change under the advanced mode? on a side note also I do agree that one of the things I enjoy fast roping in arma 3 was when I was able to use the lifter mod by raven it had realistic looking ropes and sling load slings that showed on the ground near the formerly sling loaded item also something I've not seen else where was the ability to climb up and down a ladder from the belly hole on airframes like ch47 Chinooks to boats not sure if those items would be feasible to recreate also I have to admit that I love the nice details of being able to place fallen enemy or friendly's in body bags and have to inquire if stretchers would be feasible

Does the dev team have a place they post about WIP stuff withoit being buried in a thread? I'd love to see what's being worked on and stuff. Would also help give folks a spot to check what is coming up in future builds to steer feedback away from stuff already coming and all that.

Does the dev team have a place they post about WIP stuff withoit being buried in a thread? I'd love to see what's being worked on and stuff. Would also help give folks a spot to check what is coming up in future builds to steer feedback away from stuff already coming and all that.

For one there is the github page with lots of information about open issues:

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues

And you can get an invite for the public ACE3 Slack here:

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/429

Its a chat system for devs and all interested ppl. You can get a lot of information just by lurking and reading along.

Are there any news regarding this bug/feature?

I could be wrong but this doesn't sound like a bug at first blush to me. More like an issue with how all the arty in Arma 3 is set up. Normally you'd have to level the mortar back in ACE2. Arma 3 has pretty unrealistic mortars so I expect some real world custom stuff from the ACE team with all the ACE2 arty features like a level and all that will help. And seeking out a better position obviously helps :p I wouldn't want to use mortars on a significant gradient even if they worked properly unless I really had to.

Hey ACE devs, i have been following progress on ACE3 github. i am excited to finally get vehicle damage. I see its in progress but was curious if Vehicle damage also included repairing capability, or if vehicle damage is only what its name suggests.

Thanks !!

Am I missing something or is bleeding for basic medical not implemented yet?

I can moniter my health using the TPW hud feature and I've noticed that none of my units seem to bleed (loss of health points over time) after being injured in a gunfight. The initial damage is done, I have the pulsing vision blood effect, the chromatic for pain, and external injury textures, but my health % is static (unless I get injured again) and there are no blood trail behind unit.

B

Disregard...didn't understand the relationship to the Med Modules. Figured it out. I like how you guys have set it up. Indicator is that Vision fades to BW before you go unconscious.

Edited by BadLucky1776

I have a question only sort of related to ACE, wondering if anyone can help me though.

If I have a collection of mods on Playwith Six, and wanted to bundle up a custom version of ACE with some of the PBOs removed, to replace it in our collection, how would I go about doing that? Mostly the repacking of the mod with different PBOs, and getting that into pw6.

If this should go in another thread i'll gladly move it, just figured this is somewhat relevant here.

I have a question only sort of related to ACE, wondering if anyone can help me though.

If I have a collection of mods on Playwith Six, and wanted to bundle up a custom version of ACE with some of the PBOs removed, to replace it in our collection, how would I go about doing that? Mostly the repacking of the mod with different PBOs, and getting that into pw6.

If this should go in another thread i'll gladly move it, just figured this is somewhat relevant here.

Relevant to my interests too. Right now our group circulates a batch file that we run that renames the .pbos that we don't use.

Hi to everyone and thank to ACE3 team for this wonderfull mod

I am representing here 2RGT Italian clan and we use to play our internal mix with "revive no respawn" modality

A player who goes in unconscious state waits for a revive and never dies...

With AGM mod there was an option on the medical module called "Prevent death when unconscious" so a player never died and was always possible to revive him

Is there a similar option in ACE3 too?

the option "Max Revive time" in the Revive Settings module is something we must use?

Our setting:

Medical Settings module

Medical Level (Option): "Basic"

Medics setting (Option): "Normal"

Enable Litter (Boolean): "Yes"

Life time of litter objects (Number): 120

Enable Screams (Boolean): Yes

Player Damage (Number): 1

AI Damage (Number): 1

AI Unconsciousness (Option): "50/50"

Remote controlled AI (Boolean): Yes

Prevent instant death (Boolean): Yes

Bleeding coefficient (Number): 0.1

Pain coefficient (Number): 1

Sync status (Boolean): Yes

As you can see, we set the Bleeding coefficient to 0.1, but this is not a solution, players die sometimes. We have to put it to 0? But in this way blood bag become useless...

thank you

Hi to everyone and thank to ACE3 team for this wonderfull mod

I am representing here 2RGT Italian clan and we use to play our internal mix with "revive no respawn" modality

A player who goes in unconscious state waits for a revive and never dies...

With AGM mod there was an option on the medical module called "Prevent death when unconscious" so a player never died and was always possible to revive him

Is there a similar option in ACE3 too?

the option "Max Revive time" in the Revive Settings module is something we must use?

Yes - the revive settings do what you want. Enable revive and set the revive time to -1.