acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Karma, my guess is that there are far more people playing @ACE3 in a multiplayer environment than in a singleplayer environment, including myself. I never liked the subtitles/voiceovers because sometimes they'd warn me of an enemy that I can't even see (through foliage or whatever) and that's an unrealistic safety net.

For AIs, more or less the same but yet again, MP environments dominate the use of this mod.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Everybody thinks their way of playing is the 'one true way'.

As far as I know, this mod is designed mainly for Multiplayer. Of course, I may be wrong.

Everybody thinks their way of playing is the 'one true way'.

Well you obviously missed the whole post that i was quoting. I never said dayz players or such would have any need for this mod, realism unit etc.

We're using a combination of mods (The Major ones are ACE3 and MCC4) and have noticed that we're unable to interact with Civilians (Only important for Rescue HVT situations).

I've tracked the symptoms to be related to ACE, but I have a few questions.

The MCC Captive system works as intended if we simple remove the ACE Captives. I'd rather keep ACE Captives however. I've found a function within ACE that checks whether or not a unit is capable of interacting with Civilians. I have no doubt that I have somehow disabled that feature. How would I enable it? Is it on by default?

The Function in Question can be seen on the GitHub here..

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/c9529a1e1c2b908def1ad2e9940ac12a9560ef3e/addons/interaction/functions/fnc_canInteractWithCivilian.sqf

Is that just something I need to throw in my Init.SQF? or do I not have access to it as a Host?

Thanks in advance for any information.

I don't think people bother with SP or playing with AI as team mates much if they are looking for even remotely realistic experience. ACRE/TFAR mod in a multiplayer game with 50-100 other guys from a serious realism unit is where it's at. And you can't hear a damn thing if theres a serious gunfight going on :p

** There are IR Strobes and IR Flares.

Understood. I suppose being an A3 noob has much to do with it. I've yet to finish one campaign or scenario. I'm either bugging out or breaking my campaign with outdated or incompatible mods, or hitting the virtual crack pipe and finding more and more mods that I must have. A vicious cycle no doubt.

We never used IR flares. IR strobes of course. Taping an IR chemlite(taped up with just a small strip in the center showing) to each back corner of a vehicle is pretty common for driving on NODs. Can't really do that with a strobe without being too much of a distraction and flares are out. My comment wasn't a criticism, just a suggestion. If ACE has IR and chemlites, why not combine the two.

Anyway I'll be looking for a realism squad once I get to the point where I won't be a liability to the team.

"Won't be a liability...." I thought that was what got me my sympathy slot :-)

I asked this long ago but never saw anything about it; what happened to the 'hands up' option that existed in the ACE preview, that allowed units to put their hands up and surrender as an action menu ability? Did it get intentionally removed? Will it be coming back?

It's still there, but you need to first put your weapon away first. For example by putting it on your back with the default key 0.

Ohhhh ok thanks!

I already mentioned this in the thread before, but there's so much stuff like this in ACE right now, i hope we can see some UI changes for that kind of thing in the future. No reason the option to surrender shouldn't be select-able and give you a reason why you can't do it, or a disabled button with icon overlay, or some sort of hint, instead of just disappearing.

I will try that, although i'm not sure why it would work for me but not for the players. Never had this problem with AGM or anything before, and I'm not sure i will be able to get my players to do this with every new version of CBA, but will give it a shot.

Is this a temporary thing, or will ACE and CBA always work this way? Because if so, I'm probably going to have to try and find the offending addon and remove it,

I'm still having a problem with this, it's not for me, but just for anyone joining my game, ACE event menu doesn't show up. We aren't running too many other mods, mostly the very popular ones, MCC, Blastcore, jSRS etc. No one else is having this problem?

I see the extended eventhandlers addon in my CBA folder, but it's just a pbo, wouldn't that mean i already have it? I'm not sure whatelse I can do with that, it's not in the optional folder or anything.

Hello, i have some issues with ACE 3, if someone could help me, I would really appreciate it.

1) I cannot lock any helicpter with the AA Titan

2) Its very hard to lock an fixed vehicle with the AT Titan beacause of the detection box size, its a known issue ?

3) The comanche missiles does't go to the laser pointer... (i have turned on the laser designator)

4) Can you confirm to me that the AI medics cannot heal anyone beacause the ACE Medical system ?

5) Realistics underwater operations are planned ?

6) [OFF TOPIC] The official 3D editor is always in development or is abandoned ?

Thanks, Regards, and have a nice day ! ;)

PS: Thanks to the ACE team for the great job !

Anyone can help me please ? :(

Anyone know if there is a position parameter for adding ACE Actions in configs like there is for adding the ACE Actions with script? Hoping there is a position array like with the script... Tried position[] ={0,0,0}; and off_set[] ={0,0,0}; no luck.

I am using the english version of Arma 3 and in the medic menu, i see lots of text placed over each other so sometimes, i cannot read the labels of certain actions. I am using 1920x1080 (if that matters)

Anyone know if there is a position parameter for adding ACE Actions in configs like there is for adding the ACE Actions with script? Hoping there is a position array like with the script... Tried position[] ={0,0,0}; and off_set[] ={0,0,0}; no luck.

There is "selection" (eg. selection = "pelvis";) that you can use.

There is both position and selection :)

When no position is defined it defaults to [0,0,0]

To define position you use

position = "[0,0,0]";

Understood. I suppose being an A3 noob has much to do with it. I've yet to finish one campaign or scenario. I'm either bugging out or breaking my campaign with outdated or incompatible mods, or hitting the virtual crack pipe and finding more and more mods that I must have. A vicious cycle no doubt.

We never used IR flares. IR strobes of course. Taping an IR chemlite(taped up with just a small strip in the center showing) to each back corner of a vehicle is pretty common for driving on NODs. Can't really do that with a strobe without being too much of a distraction and flares are out. My comment wasn't a criticism, just a suggestion. If ACE has IR and chemlites, why not combine the two.

Anyway I'll be looking for a realism squad once I get to the point where I won't be a liability to the team.

Don't sweat it, the beauty of Arma is that it can be played however whichever way you like, unlike Battlefield for instance which stopped being worthy of anything after Dice decided ti dick out the modding community.

Will the locking on to vehicles in planes will be fixed next patch, in our unit we use harrier and F-35 and we can't lock anything with bombs, or heat seeking missle.

I would also like to mention that I cannot lock onto any ground targets with the Vikhr missile. The ATGM for the A-10 works fine, but the Buzzard's missiles do not.

When the AI flies the Buzzard, it can lock onto vehicles with no problem.

Is this normal or is it a bug? Thanks!

Can someone help me how to use Interaction menu functions.

I tried to add the following action to an airplane.

_object = _this select 0;
   _action = ["Bum_Jump", "Paradrop Troops", "", {[_this select 0,0.5] spawn fnc_Bum_paradropTroops;}, {driver (_this select 0) == player}] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;
   [_object, 0, ["ACE_MainActions"], _action] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;

This was ran on everyone, yet no one sees the action added to the interaction menu of the plane.

EDIT. The whole thing is running post init BTW if that is important.

Some documentation was found from HERE!

Proper documentation for these functions should be a priority, I wonder if the functions are still bound to change and they are not documented on the ace website yet for that reason.

Edited by Bumgie

Is there a way to give units certain wounds and damage values within the confines of the ACE medical system? For example: I want to give one unit injuries on his arm, another on his leg. If so how specific can this be, can we chose the type of wound etc?

I may have missed this in an earlier post but nothing seems to come up when I search so apologies.

Can someone help me how to use Interaction menu functions.

I tried to add the following action to an airplane.

_object = _this select 0;
   _action = ["Bum_Jump", "Paradrop Troops", "", {[_this select 0,0.5] spawn fnc_Bum_paradropTroops;}, {driver (_this select 0) == player}] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;
   [_object, 0, ["ACE_MainActions"], _action] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;

This was ran in everyone, yet no one sees the action added to the interaction menu of the plane.

EDIT. The whole thing is running post init BTW if that is important.

createAction parameters are "_this select 2" in statement.

Proper documentation for these functions should be a priority, I wonder if the functions are still bound to change and they are not documented on the ace website yet for that reason.

Those functions are NOT public (check function header), which means they are in fact bound to change and most likely will. Public API/functions are coming in the future.

---------- Post added at 17:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:06 ----------

Is there a way to give units certain wounds and damage values within the confines of the ACE medical system? For example: I want to give one unit injuries on his arm, another on his leg. If so how specific can this be, can we chose the type of wound etc?

I may have missed this in an earlier post but nothing seems to come up when I search so apologies.

This might help you (if you use basic medical): https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/1744

Hello, i have some issues with ACE 3, if someone could help me, I would really appreciate it.

2) Its very hard to lock an fixed vehicle with the AT Titan beacause of the detection box size, its a known issue ?

3) The comanche missiles does't go to the laser pointer... (i have turned on the laser designator)

4) Can you confirm to me that the AI medics cannot heal anyone beacause the ACE Medical system ?

6) [OFF TOPIC] The official 3D editor is always in development or is abandoned ?

Thanks, Regards, and have a nice day ! ;)

PS: Thanks to the ACE team for the great job !

Please, i need help !

Should work fine.

Not an issue, it's a feature, you have to be far enough away to really use it properly.

Point the helicopter towards the target as well, you should get better results. Make sure you are far out as well.

Confirmed, AI doesn't do anything yet.

Unknown.

As you said, off-topic, go ask BI if you want official answers.

createAction parameters are "_this select 2" in statement.

I do not understand what this means.

I do not understand what this means.

Actually, my bad, I misread and thought you are using custom parameters, but you are not. Try using "_player" as seen here:

_action = ["Bum_Jump", "Paradrop Troops", "", {[_player,0.5] spawn fnc_Bum_paradropTroops;}, {driver _player == player}] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;