acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Does someone elese have the problem that you still have the red bleeding animation even when no more injuries are shwon?

I have the advanced medic system enabled.

Does someone elese have the problem that you still have the red bleeding animation even when no more injuries are shwon?

I can confirm that I've seen that happen, but I can't provide any evidence past that.

I've had it twice within a month's time, which is not a lot..I can't duplicate it either. I was using the basic system however and was able to fix it by bandaging a random body part once.

edit: On a side note, does anyone have serious frame drop when bullets start flying? I mean a lot of bullets, like ones coming from a M134 minigun from a blackhawk? It makes people drop to like 5-10 fps. Afaik Advanced Ballistics is not enabled by default, and we did not place the module so we should only be running the basic wind deflection stuff, right?

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Edited by PhonicStudios

Afaik Advanced Ballistics is not enabled by default, and we did not place the module so we should only be running the basic wind deflection stuff, right?
Correct. As an aside: Advanced Ballistics is never used for projectiles fired from vehicles.

That is a known bug and we are working on a fix for it.

Ok, thanks Glowbal.

By the way I have noticed another bug.

When using a Virtual Zeus on an dedicated server you just got a black screen, after the map, when connecting in the Virtual Zeus slot.

A normal soldier with synced GameMaster modul works fine.

I have this problem since upgrading from AGM to ACE but I have to check if this is really related to ACE.

Hello,

Maybe this has already been reported, but i noticed a bug with the editor :

If the player dies when previewing missions through the editor, he sometimes respawns dead/unconscious when you restart the mission. maybe i missed something, perhaps a module to prevent that?

apart from that annoying little bug, the depth of gameplay brought by the mod is very pleasant. Thanks for your work and efforts :)

Hello, I'm playing Win campaign, and tried to install your mod after Advanced ballistics mod was merged with ACE 3. I started with them working together but noticed very strange unrealistic ballistics, 12.7 * 108 behaved more like 6.5*39, so I decided to turn off advanced ballistics mod. I reverted campaign to the beginning of a Preventive diplomacy mission but was not capable to choose my soldier weapon and other stuff. I chose MXM instead of MX 3G which is default rifle, but when I wanted to add/remove something from my inventory game performed switching to default rifle and MXM simply disappeared (it was not returned to an armory), there is only 2 of them available so after even basic manipulations with inventory I can't have needed rifle and have MX with grenade launcher instead. There is only ACE and CBA mods are active at that moment. I turned off ACE3 and everything started working normally, I can choose rifle etc.

What is the team's plan as far as integration of new content? Obviously you'd want to bring back everything from ACE2, but then what? Will you integrate mods like RHS, or just stick with the Core for a while?

Also as a note, the A-10D does not currently have a HMD, I'm sure this will be added, just wanted to check.

By the way I have noticed another bug.

When using a Virtual Zeus on an dedicated server you just got a black screen, after the map, when connecting in the Virtual Zeus slot.

A normal soldier with synced GameMaster modul works fine.

I have this problem since upgrading from AGM to ACE but I have to check if this is really related to ACE.

Hey, this bug is fixed on github. Fix will rollout with the next version :)

Is back blast currently disabled in version 3.1.1 ? Cause I've been testing back blast but there does not seem to be any (tanks do give over pressure however).

I'm asking because I can't find any ticket opened up on the tracker about it but I think I remember seeing somewhere that it might have been disabled, but now I'm starting to doubt myself and wanted to make sure :p.

Loving ACE3 so far, It'll be hard going back to vanilla.

Same question here. Is it disabled in the current version? Or have I missed an option somewhere?

I asked this long ago but never saw anything about it; what happened to the 'hands up' option that existed in the ACE preview, that allowed units to put their hands up and surrender as an action menu ability? Did it get intentionally removed? Will it be coming back?

I can confirm that I've seen that happen, but I can't provide any evidence past that.

I have this failure nearly every time.

Does someone know if you have to change some ACE settings to use CTab?

I cant see any player / Ai on the CTab with ACE.

Edited by Meiestrix

Hey, I have a slight issue with ragdolls in ACE: Whenever I tried to place dead friendly units, they just go into the "unconscious" animation instead of the ragdoll thing, even though they're dead.

I tried dropping them from great heights and just setting their damage to 1 in their init lines, but they don't ragdoll. I turned off "prevent instant death" and tried enabling the medical system for AI but none of the options change it.

http://i.gyazo.com/114a2752429918cbbea73d5544487a76.jpg (768 kB)

Can anyone help me out with this please?

Does someone know if you have to change some ACE settings to use CTab?

I cant see any player / Ai on the CTab with ACE.

cTab displays all vehicles and infantry which carries a cTab device (Tablet or Android). Works fine for my team together with ACE (and various other mods). Afaik there is no special setting required.

I had to disable ACE3 in the two SP campaigns I'm trying to play, Hunter Six and DUWS - Rebirth. Without fail the Action menu stops working. I'm positive that there's something going on with saved games. I played DUWs for about an hour, just familiarizing myself with mechanics mostly. Action menu worked fine. I save/exit for dinner and when I came back no action menu. In Hunter Six the menu stops working at what seems to be random times.

Whoever was asking about back blast working, I'm pretty sure it is. My AT guy on my far left end of my "Line formation" was engaging an enemy APC to my formations left. .. i'm pretty my AT guy killed the 2 friendly guys between my location and his location, and it knocked me down as well. I could be mistaken, it might have been enemy ordnance, but I heard him firing, then "boom" i'm down(from TPW's fall) and the 2 guys to my left are dead. I treated another down man shortly after and had him all patched up. I suppose DUWs - Rebirth doesn't support ACE3. My downed man was swinging around on his center axis prone, but was still in the downed state. Until more campaign and SP mods start integrating with ACE3, it would be nice if we could enjoy all the other great aspects of ACE3 and just disable the medical system. There's really no point if I cant revive my injured AI, if my AI can't revive each other, and my AI aren't able to revive me.

I've never played any campaign other than the default campaign, and haven't finished it yet. I think I need to cut back on the mods a bit so I can get down the vanilla mechanics. It's hard to know if something isn't working as intended, if you don't experience the vanilla game mechanics. I learned one thing for sure when not running ACE3, when I'm commanding a squad my character actually uses voice(voice over) commands, and I can see my commands in text at the bottom left of the screen. For new players to A3, I really feel this feature is a must. I'm sure after a few hundred hours of playing the voice over commands will get old, but until a newbie gets down the basics it's reassuring to hear and see the correspondence between you and your squad. if you hear the voice overs and see your commands in the chat box you KNOW your commands are being sent. It would be nice if ACE3 offered an option to turn on/off the voice over commands and the associated TEXT messages.

Hi.

I am looking for possibilities to define some AI units for unconscious only.

for ex.

this setVariable ["ACE_AllowUnconscious", true];

is not working.

Also something like that would be nice:

this setVariable ["ace_w_allow_dam",false,true];
.....some code
this setVariable ["ace_w_allow_dam",nil,true];

Any ideas?

We do not knew how to use Titan launchers. Is there any tutorial how to launch titan missile?

Edited by DaVIdoSS

Do we have an option for turning off the tinting (except removal of the pbo's)? Just in case I am missing something. I don't want it, I know I could remove glasses but I sometimes use tactical glasses because of TPWs tpw_hud.

Do we have an option for turning off the tinting (except removal of the pbo's)? Just in case I am missing something. I don't want it, I know I could remove glasses but I sometimes use tactical glasses because of TPWs tpw_hud.

No there is no option, though there really could be since it's all working dynamically. I'll look into it for future updates.

Hi.

I am looking for possibilities to define some AI units for unconscious only.

for ex.

this setVariable ["ACE_AllowUnconscious", true];

is not working.

Also something like that would be nice:

this setVariable ["ace_w_allow_dam",false,true];
.....some code
this setVariable ["ace_w_allow_dam",nil,true];

Any ideas?

We do not knew how to use Titan launchers. Is there any tutorial how to launch titan missile?

that code is for ace2

titan = switch to thermal, zoom in all the way. hold tab

1: How to make a condition for unit being unconscious?

2: How to bring unconscious unit back to normal?

I need to bring unconscious unit back to life if it has not taken any damage (ACE knocks people unconscious even if they are scripted to not take any damage)

I'm getting a bit more familiarized with the basic mechanics and gear.

I have to wonder why you gents @ACE3 would want to turn off voiceovers and subtitles by default. It's extremely helpful as far as situational awareness(SA) and in a firefight you wear your voice out trying to calmly pass orders yelling all the time over the noise. That's the guy 2 feet away from you. No need to spam the radio channel all the time for every little thing.

So yes voice commands are realistic. I don't really like though how friendly AI voices nearby drown out the noise of the battle. That seems really fake. An M60 can be going to town 2 feet away, I hear the guy 5 feet away "Roger that!" over that '60. Not gonna happen. In addition my voice sounds really hokey no matter which voice I choose, I think it's the directional effect and it just sounds like a studio quality voice over coming from behind my character, again, drowning out all combat sounds nearby. If you've ever heard the saying "cant hear myself think"? That shit does happen. It would be nice to see the weapons sounds taking priority over voice overs, if that's even possible. With perhaps effecting your AI's response times.

Turn up your volume as loud as you can stand it and listen to the yelling(if you can hear it) in this video. These are our SWCC("swick") boys, aka "Boat Guys", down in Stennis, MS in SOCR's("sock Rs") running hot insert and extract drills. I'm surprised nobody has modded these craft into game for some riverine missions or a campaign. Anyway, I've ridden along and hit the bearch during live fire doing the exact same thing. Major pucker factor. Notice there's no overbearing "ROGER THAT" coming in over comms or in first person next to you drowning out the sounds. You don't even hear the boat engines really until the end of the clip. If you guys can tinker with the sound files and tone down the voice overs coming through on comms and the verbal commands(off coms), giving priority to weapons sounds, explosions, that would be awesome. Better yet tinker with the Shoulder Tap command and integrate that into the OIC(you) having to run over and get the AI's attention in order for the AI to respond when there's a high volume of fire, like you do in the real world because guys cant hear you on comms or even the guy yelling at them 3 inches away from their ear. A good punch on the back and a hand signal is the only comms at that point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euUJi-Ir2_Y

**I've also been forgetting to ask. Why don't you guys have IR chemlites? A useful tool to consider for SP and MP scenarios or operations versus 3rd world AI/Guerillas that don't have NVG capabilities.

Edited by Bad_Karma

Hello, i have some issues with ACE 3, if someone could help me, I would really appreciate it.

1) I cannot lock any helicpter with the AA Titan

2) Its very hard to lock an fixed vehicle with the AT Titan beacause of the detection box size, its a known issue ?

3) The comanche missiles does't go to the laser pointer... (i have turned on the laser designator)

4) Can you confirm to me that the AI medics cannot heal anyone beacause the ACE Medical system ?

5) Realistics underwater operations are planned ?

6) [OFF TOPIC] The official 3D editor is always in development or is abandoned ?

Thanks, Regards, and have a nice day ! ;)

PS: Thanks to the ACE team for the great job !

I'm getting a bit more familiarized with the basic mechanics and gear.

I have to wonder why you gents @ACE3 would want to turn off voiceovers and subtitles by default. It's extremely helpful as far as situational awareness(SA) and in a firefight you wear your voice out trying to calmly pass orders yelling all the time over the noise. That's the guy 2 feet away from you. No need to spam the radio channel all the time for every little thing.

So yes voice commands are realistic. I don't really like though how friendly AI voices nearby drown out the noise of the battle. That seems really fake. An M60 can be going to town 2 feet away, I hear the guy 5 feet away "Roger that!" over that '60. Not gonna happen. In addition my voice sounds really hokey no matter which voice I choose, I think it's the directional effect and it just sounds like a studio quality voice over coming from behind my character, again, drowning out all combat sounds nearby. If you've ever heard the saying "cant hear myself think"? That shit does happen. It would be nice to see the weapons sounds taking priority over voice overs, if that's even possible. With perhaps effecting your AI's response times.

Turn up your volume as loud as you can stand it and listen to the yelling(if you can hear it) in this video. These are our SWCC("swick") boys, aka "Boat Guys", down in Stennis, MS in SOCR's("sock Rs") running hot insert and extract drills. I'm surprised nobody has modded these craft into game for some riverine missions or a campaign. Anyway, I've ridden along and hit the bearch during live fire doing the exact same thing. Major pucker factor. Notice there's no overbearing "ROGER THAT" coming in over comms or in first person next to you drowning out the sounds. You don't even hear the boat engines really until the end of the clip. If you guys can tinker with the sound files and tone down the voice overs coming through on comms and the verbal commands(off coms), giving priority to weapons sounds, explosions, that would be awesome. Better yet tinker with the Shoulder Tap command and integrate that into the OIC(you) having to run over and get the AI's attention in order for the AI to respond when there's a high volume of fire, like you do in the real world because guys cant hear you on comms or even the guy yelling at them 3 inches away from their ear. A good punch on the back and a hand signal is the only comms at that point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euUJi-Ir2_Y

**I've also been forgetting to ask. Why don't you guys have IR chemlites? A useful tool to consider for SP and MP scenarios or operations versus 3rd world AI/Guerillas that don't have NVG capabilities.

I don't think people bother with SP or playing with AI as team mates much if they are looking for even remotely realistic experience. ACRE/TFAR mod in a multiplayer game with 50-100 other guys from a serious realism unit is where it's at. And you can't hear a damn thing if theres a serious gunfight going on :p

** There are IR Strobes and IR Flares.

I don't think people bother with SP or playing with AI as team mates much if they are looking for even remotely realistic experience. ACRE/TFAR mod in a multiplayer game with 50-100 other guys from a serious realism unit is where it's at.

Everybody thinks their way of playing is the 'one true way'.