acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

You guys are using probably unit addons which are not initializing the CBA Extended Eventhandlers. There is an optional pbo in the CBA installation to force init the extended eventhandlers. Try that one.

I will try that, although i'm not sure why it would work for me but not for the players. Never had this problem with AGM or anything before, and I'm not sure i will be able to get my players to do this with every new version of CBA, but will give it a shot.

Is this a temporary thing, or will ACE and CBA always work this way? Because if so, I'm probably going to have to try and find the offending addon and remove it,

Using the latest iteration of ACE3, is anyone familiar with how to add a static object to the list of objects that a player can interact with? The mod is so big that not all of its features have been fully documented, and one of the areas with only a little bit of information is object interaction. I want to make it so that crates and boxes can be dragged or carried like soldier units, but the basic array of modules doesn't seem to enable this. Upon digging, I found this page (http://ace3mod.com/wiki/framework/carry-drag.html), which suggests you have to add the object to a list of drag-able objects, as such:

class CfgVehicles {
   class MyVehicle {

ace_dragging_canDrag = 1; // can this object be dragged?; 1 yes, 0 no (0 default)
       ace_dragging_dragPosition[] = {0,1.2,0} // Offset of the model from the body while dragging, comparable to the offset in attachTo (It's the same actually)
       ace_dragging_dragDirection = 0;  // how much degrees is the model rotatated after dragging it (a global setDir after attachTo)

ace_dragging_canCarry = 1; // can this object be carried?; 1 yes, 0 no (0 default)
       ace_dragging_carryPosition[] = {0,1.2,0}; // Same as drag, but for carrying objects
       ace_dragging_carryDirection = 0; // Same as drag, but for carrying objects

};
};

Sadly, I lack the experience to comprehend where I would execute this code. Can anyone answer my question?

That code looks like its part of config.cpp entries for addon-added objects - most likely ammo crates etc. What kind of objects are you wanting to interact with?

Is anyone else having an issue with Name tags not showing, along with advanced medical not working?

Edited by N_Icomach

What kind of objects are you wanting to interact with?

I'm hoping to allow players involved in a logistics operation to move around crates, barrels, and cases. I'd like for them to be dragged to vehicles such as Humvees and Chinooks and loaded as cargo, but I forgot to even check if that was an option.

Is anyone else having an issue with Name tags not showing, along with advanced medical not working?

I've never seen Advanced Medical work, but I'm not sure whether or not you have to be playing a Medic class to see the advanced options. Though I do have to wonder why I have IV bags, tourniquets, ect in my loadouts when I play campaign or scenarios as whatever non medic classes I play in those game modes.

FYI a "temporary tourniquet" is the "go to" choice as far as Care Under Fire to immediately control bleeding in the extremities. A tqt can be self aid or buddy aid. Once you get the downed man out of the beaten zone and in a more secure location, your Medic/Corpsman takes over, you assess your patient, pack and dress the wounds, then release the tourniquets, reassess patient status then go from there. If any wounds to the extremities continue to bleed after releasing the Tqts, it's usually standard protocol to use pressure points along with addressing the wound a total of 3 times, reassessing your patient head to toe about every 3 minutes between each dressing or treatment. After dressing the wound 3 times, along with using pressure points, elevation of the extremity, if bleeding continues then you reapply a Tqt.

Of course these are just SOP's. If an extremity wound is GUSHING and your pt. is obviously going down hill fast, you may skip protocols and go immediately back to the Tqt. As far as how this could work out in game. It would be cool to see an option for a Tourniquet in the initial treatment for arms and legs. You could put Tqts on all 4 extremities, treat other wounds, move the patient, then see another option to "Bandage", then another option to "Remove Tourniquet" after bandaging. Here's where an "if... then" random variable could come into play. Once the Tqt is removed, there could be a /roll to see whether or not bleeding is stopped. If it is stopped you're good to go, if not, apply 2nd bandage. Another /roll. Reassess, if bleeding continues, apply 3rd bandage. Another /roll. If bleeding continues a Tourniquet is applied. Bleeding is stopped but the patient is still in poor shape. A Tourniquet option should ALWAYS be an option at any stage of Pt. Treatment in case you have to move to the Pt due to enemy disposition or incoming fire. You can temporarily stop all bleeding via Tqt, move the patient to a safer location, then continue with the "3 dressings then Tqt" SOP.

And FYI a Tourniquet is NOT advanced Medical Care. As a platoon Medic/HM, I instructed all my guys to immediately apply a tourniquet to any bleeding extremities(Venous or Arterial bleeds). That was SOP for SF and NSW back when I was active duty and I'm pretty sure that has not changed. Every guy in the platoon carried at least 1 Tourniquet. It would be nice to see the option to use a Tourniquet the first time you assess a downed man, for non medic classes. Then the protocols I suggested above.

Edited by Bad_Karma

I mostly meant the module. They were working fine then we updated to the most recent version and they broke. I did replace modules on map before testing, but still not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulis6 View Post

Is there a way to revive unconscious units via a script? There was a way in agm, but I don't see that in this, probably just not looking in the right place

ace_medical_fnc_setUnconscious (it works both ways) :)

Can someone please help explain how to enter this command? Can I do it via the in game... debugger/editor? I'm not familiar with the GUI or how it works. But I do have it by default in the current Campaign I'm playing. Can I enter the above command into the main window(execute)?? Is there a video link anywhere on the forums that shows how to use the debugger/editor from in game(in the actual scenario, not at in Editor mode). If I can enter the command via that method, will the command above allow me to treat my AI squad mates and revive them? Is there another command that will force my Medics to actually treat downed men, including me.

Thanks guys.

Back in the ACE2 days posts like these were locked and the author was told by the moderator to post it in the ACE3 thread, many questions get overlooked because of the high quantity of posts in that thread a day though...

Anyway, you're probably looking for ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject

This UO post has a nice tutorial on how to use it. http://forums.unitedoperations.net/index.php/topic/25042-ace-custom-interactions/

Kind regards,

Sanchez

im having an issue when i use the advanced map tools where it will telleport me to where i put the line down.

It is a feature of the arma 3 editor. alt + left click teleports you to where you are pointing on the map.

After spending time on Jester's Altis Range today for about 3 hours, doing nothing more than moving around with my AI squad doing basic patrolling and getting familiar with the Commands, ACE3's Action interface stopped functioning. I did have saves during that time. After each save when I loaded back in I immediately checked the Action interface and it was working just fine.

What's odd is, after the second load in, the Actions interface worked fine. I was simply ordering my squad around in an open field for about an hour, no shooting, no nades, no autosaves or mission progression, the interface just stopped working. I noticed after the Action menu stops working, when I hit CTRL/Windows, I get a slight screen blur or darkening on the very outer edges of my screen. Like the "show goggles effects" for 3rd person view is trying to kick in. I have it turned OFF. I wonder if that has anything to do with my problems.

In addition, AFTER I notice the ACE3 Action menu has stopped working, if I go into ACE's options menu via the pause screen, when I pull the Options up, the options page is blank. If I hit "Colors" then go back to "Options" the letters come back. When ACE3 Action menu is working as intended, when I pull up the options the page looks normal(versus blank when the action menu bugs out).

I'm going to disable every single mod except ACE3 this afternoon and go mess around on the range for a bit. I'll report back with my findings.

Can someone please help explain how to enter this command?

Hey, that function is intended for scripting purposes. Which means you need to give it parameters to get the outcome you want. Here's a generic example of how to use it:

[<unit> , <unconcious?>] call ace_medical_fnc_setUnconscious

The first parameter is the unit you want to target with the function. The second is a boolean value as to whether or not you want the unit to go unconscious or wake up.

I've got some comments based on a couple weeks of gameplay regarding the medical system

- leg bruises can happen with even slight non-combat damage. This may be realistic but it put a strain on gameplay when, for example, half a parachuting force gets little ouchies on the legs, they cant run anymore and there is no way to remove the bruises.

- The only way to fix them is to use PAKs, which is pretty much a cheated item in this context since it removes all medical issues.

Based on these observations, I'd suggest these possible alternatives, and like to know what you guys think:

- PAKs only usable when the patient is already in a very good state: all wounds stitched, blood level ok, blood pressure and heart rate within acceptable range

- OR PAKs only remove secondary effects of wounds and bruise, does not solve open wounds, blood level, messed up vitals, etc...

- OR Surgery Kits remove bruises

- OR new item: splint allows a player with a messed up leg to run (no sprint) at the expense of increased stamina usage and pain.

Of course this isnt necessary if we have a medevac team and field hospital somewhere, since in that case the PAK make sense in its current form, but that only applies to some missions. We'd like to have the flexibility to offer a complete medevac experience in some missions, where severely wounded players have to be evacuated and brought back later, and a more gettho-medic experience in other missions where people end the game completely messed up and doped up on morphine but still somewhat operational. Currently the only way to provide the latter is the PAK usable anywhere but it's kinda cheating because it just heals like a TF2 medigun minus the ubercharge.

Edited by boozdeuvash

Anyone got problem with Javelin only with ACE mode?

Cas it don't do ANY damage.

I tried BMP-1 and T-72 (without any reactive armor) VS Javelin. Nothing happens to both of them.

And without ACE Javelin can destroy bmp-1 and t-72 without any problems.

Please fix this bug.

Anyone got problem with Javelin only with ACE mode?

Cas it don't do ANY damage.

I tried BMP-1 and T-72 (without any reactive armor) VS Javelin. Nothing happens to both of them.

And without ACE Javelin can destroy bmp-1 and t-72 without any problems.

Please fix this bug.

if they're RHS vehicles, make sure that you have "Advanced Armor" turned off. It can turn vehicles invincible

Edited by TSean

if they're RHS vehicles, make sure that you have "Advanced Armor" turned off. It can turn vehicles invisible.

It is OFF already. =(

Just a little question: Could there be anything wrong with me using the optional files (like the RHS Config) even though I don't always use RHS?

Just a little question: Could there be anything wrong with me using the optional files (like the RHS Config) even though I don't always use RHS?

They require their corresponding mods to be running as they rely on modifying the config.

Hey, that function is intended for scripting purposes. Which means you need to give it parameters to get the outcome you want. Here's a generic example of how to use it:

[<unit> , <unconcious?>] call ace_medical_fnc_setUnconscious

The first parameter is the unit you want to target with the function. The second is a boolean value as to whether or not you want the unit to go unconscious or wake up.

Thanks Spike for your reply. Forgive my A3 noobness, but can I revive my AI squad mates in SP mode without the aid of a script? Or is the Medical module only for co op play? Is there anyway to enable the AI so they will attempt to revive me or other AI?

You can perform medical actions on AI assuming ACE medical is enabled for AI and you have the right supplies.

Currently the AI won't revive players using the ACE medical system.

As far as I know, ACE wasn't designed with existing SP content in mind (including the campaign). It certainly works in single player, but you might find unexpected results if you're not playing content designed for ACE.

Is back blast currently disabled in version 3.1.1 ? Cause I've been testing back blast but there does not seem to be any (tanks do give over pressure however).

I'm asking because I can't find any ticket opened up on the tracker about it but I think I remember seeing somewhere that it might have been disabled, but now I'm starting to doubt myself and wanted to make sure :p.

Loving ACE3 so far, It'll be hard going back to vanilla.

If you're usin RHS vehicles, make sure to turn off advanced armor in your difficulty settings. It can make RHS vehicles invincible

advanced armor??

Will the AI Medical system be revived in ACE3 at any point (like AGM has?)

AGM currently has the only one that still works, it would be great if ACE had this too.

Will the AI Medical system be revived in ACE3 at any point (like AGM has?)

It's on the list.