acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Hi,

can anybody confirm that the daylight laser accessory still work after last update?

I have "ace_compat_asdg" and "@ASDG JR" enabled but 4 me isn't working...

Thanks a lot

Same here... tried to load CBA+Ace3 and same results, no visible laser anymore...

here my rpt-> https://www.dropbox.com/s/yznmacbhl1pbhls/arma3_2015-06-23_06-14-14.rpt?dl=0

But it seems this part is relevant for the missing laser

6:16:21   Error position: <drawIcon3D [
format ["\a3\weapons_f\acc\>
6:16:21   Error Type Number,Not a Number, expected Number
6:16:21 File z\ace\addons\laserpointer\functions\fnc_drawLaserpoint.sqf, line 134
6:16:21 Error in expression <ts [_camPos, _pL2])     exitWith {};

drawIcon3D [
format ["\a3\weapons_f\acc\>

cheers!

Hey guys, awesome work so far, I love every piece of it. Did you ACE-guys concidered adding glares and glints to the game somehow? This would affect scopes and optical sights as well as vehicle windshields, mirrors and maybe even metallic parts on weapons and vehicles in direct sunlight in certain angles. I know most modern scopes on sniper rifles and DMRs have special absorber coatings, but even those do reflect a little amount of light, and we do have more than enough scopes in game from the last decades of warfare. A really good example how military vehicles reflect sunlight can be seen here
(8:20) - (Beware: Its in german and ITS FROM THE EIGHTIES!) that glint can be seen for miles and miles. There are many items in every modern army to counter those effects, like honeycombs for scopes for example (http://www.eabco.com/images/Scope06.gif), and coverage for most vehicles:
(same video 11:30). Those items would allow players to prepare their stand, cover up vehicles, hide posts and upgrade their rifles. On the other hand I can imagine the glare of a sniper, visible for many miles, a glint on a hill, or flashing windscreens of a convoy would make a really cool effect in the game, and might create the need to change some tactics (Have an eye on the location of the sun in the sky, change your route or your position to prevent the light flash and so on...) - this would be a perfect add to your complex sniper ballistic adjustments and vehicles. More realism :)

Interesting but maybe as a module, because I for one wouldn't know how one could simulate this in ArmA probably and it could easily end up being sumn shitty like the BF3 scope glints system :P

Guys I came across Exfiltration Grappe Ace3 on PW6 but have not idea what it does or how to do it (hoping someone here takes a look). Looks to be a fastroping mod? Is fastroping included in ACE3? If so, any quick example please?

How do I disable the grenade selection hotkeys? (numbers 6 through 9 i think)

I want to be able to access the vanilla AI squad commands that were normally mapped to those keys.

Thanks

Guys I came across Exfiltration Grappe Ace3 on PW6 but have not idea what it does or how to do it (hoping someone here takes a look). Looks to be a fastroping mod? Is fastroping included in ACE3? If so, any quick example please?

Seems to be an empty modification, probably a placeholder of sorts for what seems to be a french arma 3 milsim unit.

ACE3's current release does not have fastroping but it will be a feature in the future from what i've heard.

edit: Dragonfire, go into Controls -> Configure Addons -> ACE3 Weapons(not sure?), find the keys...btw you can still command the AI by holding shift+number keys

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Seems to be an empty modification, probably a placeholder of sorts for what seems to be a french arma 3 milsim unit.

ACE3's current release does not have fastroping but it will be a feature in the future from what i've heard.

edit: Dragonfire, go into Controls -> Configure Addons -> ACE3 Weapons(not sure?), find the keys...btw you can still command the AI by holding shift+number keys

Kind regards,

Sanchez

thanks!

I am going to ask again, since i did not get an answer last time. Is there a way to make unconscious units invulnerable like you could in AGM, and if not are you guys going to bring that to the table later?

I am going to ask again, since i did not get an answer last time. Is there a way to make unconscious units invulnerable like you could in AGM, and if not are you guys going to bring that to the table later?

Assuming players, use the 'Prevent Instant Death' option. That and perhaps the revive module in case it doesn't work stand-alone.

basic revive enabled makes them invulnerable

How do I disable the grenade selection hotkeys? (numbers 6 through 9 i think)

I want to be able to access the vanilla AI squad commands that were normally mapped to those keys.

Thanks

Configure -> controls -> configure addons -> unbind the keys for the grenade selection.

So is there no way to disable the medical system for individual units? If so, that's very unfortunate.

Is there a way to revive unconscious units via a script? There was a way in agm, but I don't see that in this, probably just not looking in the right place.

Is there a way to revive unconscious units via a script? There was a way in agm, but I don't see that in this, probably just not looking in the right place.

ace_medical_fnc_setUnconscious (it works both ways) :)

Will AI being able to revive be added to this as it is in AGM ?

ace_medical_fnc_setUnconscious (it works both ways) :)

I'm assuming this will allow you to revive a team mate(Single player mode) or any friendly unconscious AI? T/F? For those of us who aren't familiar with entering individual scripts, how might one go about entering said script.... An optional file would be nice as a temporary fix with a short explanation on where exactly to place the file. I'd really like to get proficient with using the medical system on my AI squad mates before I join a realism squad.

While I'm here I have a couple questions regarding wind and windage. I'm about a week in as far as my experience with ARMA3. Never played ARMA or A2. In my default game settings, I cannot enable Wind fx. Is that because I'm playing on Normal settings? I thought perhaps A3 disabled wind fx and introduces it's own wind factory. Anyway I broke out some gear on Jester's Altis range and on some of the default campaign mission to check the windage and no wind is registering. I see temperature, elevation, barometer, humidity, but no wind.

Thank you for this great mod.

Edited by Bad_Karma

Is the issue with CBA and the ACE interaction menu still occurring? I tried hosting a game tonight but no one other than me (the host) could access the ace action menu. Everyone was up to date on the latest version of ACE and CBA.

You guys are using probably unit addons which are not initializing the CBA Extended Eventhandlers. There is an optional pbo in the CBA installation to force init the extended eventhandlers. Try that one.

Been reading through all the posts since latest update, haven't found exactly whats happening on my end. Whether it is COOP or SP, every time arma is relaunched, have to reset ACE settings. Anyone else having this issue or a have an idea how to correct this issue?

We had some similar problem and solved it by deleting all ACE modules from the map in the editor and re-placing them again. It happened probably because the mission file was made with an older version of ACE and the latest update made it necessary to re-place the modules.

I am also having issues with the action buttons bugging out and my settings in ACE3 resetting.

I can be on Jester's Altis Range, test the ACE3 action menu when I load in, make sure it works in both modes. I'll do some shooting, change a few loadouts via the VA crate that's there on the range. Go to set some demolitions and the action menu no longer responds. I see the red circle when I hit CTRL/Windows and the white icon beneath, but nothing comes up. I'm thinking the Virtual Arsenal, loading profiles or switching weapons might be causing problems. Anyway if I exit the scenario(SAVE/EXIT) then reenter, ACE3 Action buttons are working again.

Another example. Showcase mission(default). Load in, test ACE3 action buttons immediately(works fine), start the play through, at some point the Action buttons stop functioning.

Games/Scenarios I'm playing:

-Default Campaign

-Hunter Six: Special Operation Unit(SP Campaign)

-Jester's Altis Range

Subscribed Mods

-Switch weapons while moving

-HUNTER SIX -Special Operations Unit

-Black Mk14 EBR Mod1

-Spec 4 Gear

-TFA - Naval Special Warfare Gear

Mods Installed via A3 Launcher:

- ACE3

-TPW Mods(Animations Disabled, EBS Disabled, Bleedout Disabled, Cars Disabled,

- C2(Command and Control)

-DragonFyre

-SAMO

-TAO Foldmap a3

- BC-Phoenix

-WW_AICOVER

-ASRAI 3,

- Massi's NATO/Russian/SF Weapons and Vehicles

-Massi's SOCOM/DEVGR A3,

-DFS Visiblecrosshairs,

-PG Services,

-Bloodmist.

Interesting Karma...Back in the 0.0.1 preview edition of ACE3 I had the exact same problem..after placing explosives I could no longer use my interaction menu...it's been fixed since though :S

For which gun and ammo is the RCO's reticle calibrated for? Is therea ny way to adjust them to any caliber and muzzle velocity?

dlJzdMa.jpg

As far as I know they're calibrated for the guns they come on in vanilla, so:

RCO calibrated for MX 6.5

MRCO calibrated for Mk20 5.56

Elcan thingy (ARCO was it?) calibrated for Katiba 6.5

I could be wrong, but that combination has been working really well for me.

Using the latest iteration of ACE3, is anyone familiar with how to add a static object to the list of objects that a player can interact with? The mod is so big that not all of its features have been fully documented, and one of the areas with only a little bit of information is object interaction. I want to make it so that crates and boxes can be dragged or carried like soldier units, but the basic array of modules doesn't seem to enable this. Upon digging, I found this page (http://ace3mod.com/wiki/framework/carry-drag.html), which suggests you have to add the object to a list of drag-able objects, as such:

class CfgVehicles {
   class MyVehicle {

ace_dragging_canDrag = 1; // can this object be dragged?; 1 yes, 0 no (0 default)
       ace_dragging_dragPosition[] = {0,1.2,0} // Offset of the model from the body while dragging, comparable to the offset in attachTo (It's the same actually)
       ace_dragging_dragDirection = 0;  // how much degrees is the model rotatated after dragging it (a global setDir after attachTo)

ace_dragging_canCarry = 1; // can this object be carried?; 1 yes, 0 no (0 default)
       ace_dragging_carryPosition[] = {0,1.2,0}; // Same as drag, but for carrying objects
       ace_dragging_carryDirection = 0; // Same as drag, but for carrying objects

};
};

Sadly, I lack the experience to comprehend where I would execute this code. Can anyone answer my question?

If I've put down the Interaction module, do I have to do anything else to enable players to drag static objects like crates? I can't seem to get this working.