acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Perhaps I've missed it somewhere in these 103 pages or in the readme. I'm a bit overwhelmed with being a newbie to A3 and a newbie to all the Mods I'm trying to get up and running.

For ACE3, how do I enable the Advanced Ballistics and Advanced Medical Care systems? Correct me if I'm mistaken I've read so many mod descriptions, I cannot recall... Advanced Ballistics in ACE3 does away with the bullshit of supressors effecting ballistics.. correct? As in if I put a suppressor on my M4 IRL, it doesn't effect my weapons ballistics. Same effect for A3 Advanced Ballistics?

As far as the AI and the A3 Medical system, I understand that AI treating, dragging downed men isn't implemented yet. Can I still treat AI and bring them back up to a "walking wounded" status where they'll recover from the "downed state". I've only tinkered around with a couple different downed AI squad mates. I've treated all their wounds and brought the "yellow" status of each injury back up to "white". However they still remain unconscious and don't roll over and get back up like I've seen in a few videos. TPW might be conflicting with ACE3 so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if another MOD is breaking ACE3's medical system.

Am playing SP pilgrimage with ACE3 but it seems to break on load(self interaction menu), is there a fix for this, is it a known thing?

Reproduced also with vanilla campaign mission (Death valley). After restoring a saved game interaction can't be used anymore.

EDIT: known, found relevant ticket: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/980

Edited by Robalo

Advanced Ballistics in ACE3 does away with the bullshit of supressors effecting ballistics.. correct?
That is done by the ace_ballistics module. Which is enabled by default.

Hey SilentSpike, thanks for the reply! Tested both client- and server-side:

- removing ace_zeus.pbo from the client does not remove the black overlay

- removing ace_zeus.pbo from the dedicated server gets the curator mode back to a working state!

Embarrassingly, I tried to approach this previously by finding anything like "ace_curator"; it hadn't even occurred to me to look under "_zeus" ... I am not a smart man. :-x

I did not find any documentation as to what ace_zeus does at this point. Many thanks for taking the time to respond; if I can help in any way, do let me know.

Just confirming that I can reproduce this. Investigating.

Hi ACE devs, pardon if this has been asked before, But me and my group do alot of missions where we need to rescue downed pilots that are NPCs or sometimes take HVT (NPCs) into custody. When loading them into vanilla vehicles all is fine. When loading them into vehicles from addons they will load but take a standing position. So in helos for example they are standing and getting decapitated by the rotor. It functions for the missions but just looks silly.

I believe this is because the addon vehicles havent been updated for ACE ? But i am unsure since i was still able to load them into the vehicle. Anyways just curious. Probably need to contact those mod makers and request it. Just not sure specifically what i am requesting. "Sitting compatibility" i dunno.

Thanks ACE devs keep up the great work.

That is done by the ace_ballistics module. Which is enabled by default.

Cheers. I'm so sick and tired of bogus effects in the terrible shooters on console. It's all the soft core server horseshit that ruins games IMO. "A suppressor hides u on the minimap and must therefore negatively effect your weapon" total horseshit. And What the fuck there's no such thing as a fucking minimap in the U.S. Arsenal. Blue Force Tracker is about as close as you get.

It's very refreshing to be able to experience a tactical shooter made for grown ups.

Back on topic. Is the advanced Medical menu only visible for Medics? Granted I'm only playing the default campaign, that's the extent of my exposure to A3 thus far, so I'm unsure if not seeing the advanced options(Tourniquets, packing gauze, IVs) is normal for the game mode I'm playing.

Thanks for a great mod fellas, keep up the great work. I look forward to getting the most out of A3 with this Mod.

Ey Guys n Girls

I am trying to figure out some ACE3 medical module settings. Thought I ll not be the only one fighting with it, so maybe get some people positing up hints and clues on intended results. I dont know how many different settings I have tried by now, but I cant get the result I wanted so far.

I want to have advanced medical system with all those neat bandages and stuff, but be able to wake up patients if they did not succumb to their injuries first. No matter what settings I use, I end up with fully patched up, normal pulse and bloodpressure patients who cannot be woken up again and the people have to respawn. I tried to add the revive settings module and set a max unconcious time, but that does not help either, as again they cannot be woken up, they just can be bandaged till they are healthy corpses basically. I test on LAN and on a Dedi, yet I had no luck so far. Help really appreciated .

Basic Settings:

Medical Level: Advanced (yeah give me all those bandages and stuff)

Medic Setting: what does it actually do? I leave it on normal but also Advanced did not change any way the mission behaved

Player Damage: ok more than 1 lets you take more wounds before dying right?

Prevent Instant death: Working or not?

Advanced Settings:

Advanced Wounds: No, I dont want them to reopen, especially when I cant wake them up in the first place.

Vehicle Crashes: yes, although it makes chopper crashes surviveable occasionally its nice.

PAK: no matter what setting I choose and how many vehicles and facilities I sync to the Facility/Vehicle Module, I sometimes get the vanilla heal star sometimes not, I get the option of treating at the facility, but I never get healed. And I do not get a PAK menu anywhere in ace menu and even when I have chosen anyoneanywhere for the PAK, dont get a heal star in the field on the scroll wheel menu.

Without modules on the map you'll always be defaulted to the basic medical system, Karma

Without modules on the map you'll always be defaulted to the basic medical system, Karma

Not completely correct. These are the settings without any modules: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/addons/medical/ACE_Settings.hpp

But you can alter these with the Settings Framework without having to place any modules - which adds no dependencies to the mission since no modules have to be placed. And, by the way, is pretty great.

Not completely correct. These are the settings without any modules: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/addons/medical/ACE_Settings.hpp

But you can alter these with the Settings Framework without having to place any modules - which adds no dependencies to the mission since no modules have to be placed. And, by the way, is pretty great.

Fair enough..

Anyone knew that. What then? Its still better playable than ACE.

Edited by DaVIdoSS

@ACE3 Team

are you planning to make fire actually affect the armored vehicles&tanks&light vehicles? in real life a fire that happen after a hit by rocket will do heavy damage to vehicles and armored vehicles and even light tanks

I would also like to request a feature that has a few 100% positive tickets in the Arma 3 feedback tracker but has not appeared in the game yet, and that would be for cars and MRAPS not to explode every time their health reaches 0.

I remember when playing ACE2 that that the tanks would sometimes not blow up, just start smoking and become giant paperweights that could be used for cover by the surviving crew, and would really like to see that again in ACE3 along with light vehicles that may smoke or become inoperable but still make for safe cover. MRAPS are supposed to protect against IED's, not become one themselves =)

On a final note, the tires of most cars in the vanilla game seem way too fragile for the terrain, could they be modified to be damaged by small arms but not small rocks?

Thanks for reading and keep up the great work!

Been reading through all the posts since latest update, haven't found exactly whats happening on my end. Whether it is COOP or SP, every time arma is relaunched, have to reset ACE settings. Anyone else having this issue or a have an idea how to correct this issue?

Hi,

can anybody confirm that the daylight laser accessory still work after last update?

I have "ace_compat_asdg" and "@ASDG JR" enabled but 4 me isn't working...

Thanks a lot

Hey guys, awesome work so far, I love every piece of it. Did you ACE-guys concidered adding glares and glints to the game somehow? This would affect scopes and optical sights as well as vehicle windshields, mirrors and maybe even metallic parts on weapons and vehicles in direct sunlight in certain angles. I know most modern scopes on sniper rifles and DMRs have special absorber coatings, but even those do reflect a little amount of light, and we do have more than enough scopes in game from the last decades of warfare. A really good example how military vehicles reflect sunlight can be seen here

(8:20) - (Beware: Its in german and ITS FROM THE EIGHTIES!) that glint can be seen for miles and miles. There are many items in every modern army to counter those effects, like honeycombs for scopes for example (http://www.eabco.com/images/Scope06.gif), and coverage for most vehicles:
(same video 11:30). Those items would allow players to prepare their stand, cover up vehicles, hide posts and upgrade their rifles. On the other hand I can imagine the glare of a sniper, visible for many miles, a glint on a hill, or flashing windscreens of a convoy would make a really cool effect in the game, and might create the need to change some tactics (Have an eye on the location of the sun in the sky, change your route or your position to prevent the light flash and so on...) - this would be a perfect add to your complex sniper ballistic adjustments and vehicles. More realism :)

What are modules and how do they effect game play? Specifically the module you mentioned for medical treatment.

I will not attempt to start messing around with Settings and scripts. I will end up causing more problems for myself. What would be ideal is seeing a YES/NO for advanced medical settings in the ACE Options window(top left corner of screen) on the main menu screen and if possible enabling modules for medical tx for SP missions and Campaigns.

Hi,

It's possible to define a vehicle as medicalFacility with setVariable command? With CSE, we could with this setvariable ["cse_medical_facility", true];. There is someting similar? I've been digging trought the wiki and git but I havent' found anything.

Thanks.

Hi,

It's possible to define a vehicle as medicalFacility with setVariable command? With CSE, we could with this setvariable ["cse_medical_facility", true];. There is someting similar? I've been digging trought the wiki and git but I havent' found anything.

Thanks.

ace_medical_isMedicalFacility :)

I had a chance to play around with the advanced medical model a bit with some friends; we had a pretty good time with it. Aside from a few quirks that are to be expected (I can infuse thousands of CC's of Ringer's or saline through someone quickly and without issue, I don't have to worry about plasma or blood stability etc.), I have only been legitimately confused by one aspect of the model so far: atropine.

What is the idea behind having atropine induce such significant bradycardia? Every time I have given atropine, its either been indicated for stable bradycardia (0.5 - 1 mg) or organophosphate issues (2-4 mg). I have never given atropine for suspected nerve exposure, but our protocol is a Mark 1 kit with 2 mg of atropine. I do know in the military atropine (in the form of DuoDotes) is the catch-all for chemical attacks with SLUDGEM; I have no experience on the medical side of the military so I can't speak for anything more in depth there.

I know there have been a few studies of paradoxical bradycardia from low doses of atropine in some individuals, but it is generally self-resolving unless paired with other drugs or with neurogenic or cardiovascular issues. For the scope of ACE, it seems atropine would not be given in a low enough dose to cause symptomatic bradycardia and should only fit into the medical model for chemical issues, as I don't imagine ACE seeks to simulate escape rhythms or certain heart blocks (especially in the field).

If the current effect is in place to deter people from giving atropine incorrectly, you could place other side effects in lieu of bradycardia - there are some pretty annoying ones like blurred vision, nausea and (rarely) confusion and hallucinations. You could also throw in severe tachycardia and really tank people if you were feeling froggy enough.

Quoting this because it got approved late and buried six pages back. Atropine is weird right now. I'm also wondering why Atropine is lowering heart rate. I'd say it was just work in progress, but it seems to be having the opposite effect of what it should.

can anybody explain to me how the different bandage types are supposed to work in advanced medical? the medical system features-page says that each bandage is best suited for specific types of wounds, and that using a wrong bandage may increase the chance of re-opening. is that all there is to it?

also from my short testing, i was able to completely close all wounds, regardless of size, using any bandage type. the injuries tab would then list all the wounds in the "head" section, even if the unit sustained injuries to other body parts

Edited by Agoney