acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

For some reason friendly units do not heal other friendly units when they are injured (including me) and enemies do not appear to be healing themselves either... Is anyone else having this issue? How do I fix this?

Is it possible to play only with the Ragdoll.pbo without the other things? If yes, how to adjust it, which pbo´s needs to be moved?

This has been really bugging me, I've gotten rid of the medical pbos and my screen is still glowing red. I've tried removing stuff like hearing too, still no luck. Are there any fixes to this? It's incredibly annoying.

Are there any alternatives to the interaction menu for ACE3? It must be great for other groups; but for ours, we tend to find it to be a nuisance and quite buggy at times. I've heard of a fleximenu mod for it, but I can't seem to find it.

can you please integrate the CSE biometric scanner system into ACE, or please tell me if I add the CSE pbo that contains it to my ace addons folder will it work? That feature opened up so much immersion and realism for patrol/search/detain/HVT TYPE OF MISSIONS AND WOULD FIT VERY VERY NICELY WITH THE ALREADY PRESENT CAPTIVITY SYSTEM :)

*Are highly trained fighter/helo pilots truly THAT sensitive to gforces? To black out pulling a turn at 500km/h?

For some reason friendly units do not heal other friendly units when they are injured (including me) and enemies do not appear to be healing themselves either... Is anyone else having this issue? How do I fix this?

AI utilising the new medical features hasn't been implemented yet.

Am playing SP pilgrimage with ACE3 but it seems to break on load(self interaction menu), is there a fix for this, is it a known thing?

You'll notice in the function header it's marked as
 * Public: No

Off the top of my head:

1. The position is either:
    • Model coordinates
    • Code that returns any kind of world coordinates
    • An object selection

It's used as the point at which the action is rendered.

[*]The "other parameters" part is like so:

[_showDisabled,_enableInside,_canCollapse,_runOnHover],

[*]The distance is the distance the player must be within from the object to use that specific action.

And the rest of it can safely be ignored (just supply empty code/array/etc. as appropriate).

Thanks for the reply!

I thought ACE is completely open source. Why is this not open to the public?

Thanks for the reply!

I thought ACE is completely open source. Why is this not open to the public?

That isn't what those words mean. It means that functions is not meant as a public API for use by mission makers, but for internal use in the core ACE engine.

Nothing is preventing you from using it (or seeing the source to it), it is just "complex" and lacks the safety and error handling that a public API function would have (input type checking, range checking, etc).

So....bit of fun.

Placed down the medical settings module and I encounter this error.

77059D107A14C2DFFA376C6619536B16D2163968

Any tips on how to avoid this popup?

Edited by ENJAM

@ ACE3 dev team

Could you add the option to always enable free-look as long as the interaction menu is opened? That would make navigating through the menu way for comfortable for player with enabled deadzone.

R3vo

@ ACE3 dev team

Could you add the option to always enable free-look as long as the interaction menu is opened? That would make navigating through the menu way for comfortable for player with enabled deadzone.

R3vo

There is no command to force free-look at this time.

Are there any alternatives to the interaction menu for ACE3? It must be great for other groups; but for ours, we tend to find it to be a nuisance and quite buggy at times. I've heard of a fleximenu mod for it, but I can't seem to find it.

You can change to the old menu in ACE options. In game hit ESC and click on ACE options menu (above the vanilla menus).

---------- Post added at 15:47 ---------- Previous post was at 15:43 ----------

Originally Posted by R3vo

@ ACE3 dev team

R3vo

I haven't tried this my self but you could try to add the interaction key as a second control to the free-look action.

You can change to the old menu in ACE options. In game hit ESC and click on ACE options menu (above the vanilla menus).

Really? Couldn't find any option like this. Only saw the option to change to a list menu.

I haven't tried this my self but you could try to add the interaction key as a second control to the free-look action.

I thought about writing a small lua script for my G110, but what you suggested is easier, gonna try that.

Wouldn't is be possible to check the player's key for toggle freelook and press it on menu open and press it again when the menu gets closed?

Wouldn't is be possible to check the player's key for toggle freelook and press it on menu open and press it again when the menu gets closed?

I don't think you can press a key via script...

Okay, potentially stupid question here, but I couldn't find anything in this regard so far - so here it goes:

Does anybody else have problems with Zeus when running ACE on a dedicated server? Whenever I join in as the curator (in the vanilla missions as well as MCC or RHS) I get a black overlay on the screen. This exclusively happens when running ACE on the dedicated server - listenserver works without issues, and when ACE is removed from the dedicated server, Zeus goes back to a visible screen with UI. I tried with and without ace_server.pbo - same outcome, black screen. Can't quite figure out what's happening here.

It's not a super urgent issue and might, admittedly, be a bit specific - but any help or shared experiences would be much appreciated. Cheers! :)

Really? Couldn't find any option like this. Only saw the option to change to a list menu.

What kind of menu do you want then? Isn't it enough with the fancy 3D menu and the old list menu?

What kind of menu do you want then? Isn't it enough with the fancy 3D menu and the old list menu?

Isn't it enough? Actually it's to much, if you play with deadzone yourself you'll see that navigating through the menu is a pain in the arse. In addition you're turning around and around if you're treating someones wounds etc.

I was just wondering if there is the possibility to activate freelook as long as the menu is opened, but apprently there isn't.

-snip-

Will do some testing in regards to this, I can't say I've ran into this personally but I've heard similar experiences in the past (unrelated to ACE though)

Edit: Could you also try again without ace_zeus and see if that fixes the problem?

Edited by SilentSpike

if you play with deadzone yourself you'll see that navigating through the menu is a pain in the arse. In addition you're turning around and around if you're treating someones wounds etc.

This is still the biggest thing I dislike about the new menu compared to ACE2, but the new devs, for ACE3, made clear they aren't adding in a flexi menu...Now I saw some polish community made a flexi menu version but I don't think they released it..

To somewhat cope with the issues I use the option to show & use cursor for interaction w/ others & self interaction.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Will do some testing in regards to this, I can't say I've ran into this personally but I've heard similar experiences in the past (unrelated to ACE though)

Edit: Could you also try again without ace_zeus and see if that fixes the problem?

Hey SilentSpike, thanks for the reply! Tested both client- and server-side:

- removing ace_zeus.pbo from the client does not remove the black overlay

- removing ace_zeus.pbo from the dedicated server gets the curator mode back to a working state!

Embarrassingly, I tried to approach this previously by finding anything like "ace_curator"; it hadn't even occurred to me to look under "_zeus" ... I am not a smart man. :-x

I did not find any documentation as to what ace_zeus does at this point. Many thanks for taking the time to respond; if I can help in any way, do let me know.

Edited by The.D

This is still the biggest thing I dislike about the new menu compared to ACE2, but the new devs, for ACE3, made clear they aren't adding in a flexi menu...Now I saw some polish community made a flexi menu version but I don't think they released it..

To somewhat cope with the issues I use the option to show & use cursor for interaction w/ others & self interaction.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

I understand that, they've put alot of work into this menu, and to be honest, is well done. I still hope they will polish it in the future.

I've just tried that, but unfortunately that doesn't work. If the ACE interactions and free look use the same keys, free look won't be activated =(

Edited by R3vo

how do I put the radio chatter back on? I cant find a option in the ace3 settings when pressing esc?

Delete the ace_noradio.pbo and the corresponding bisign.

@ ACE3 dev team

R3vo

The way I got it to work is lowering the weapon before using the interaction interface. Would be nice to have it happen automatically.