acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Ah. I have to be more precise...

1) go under water

2) place satchel via self-interact

3) try to ace-interact with satchel (not self-interect, I mean other-interact)

You can't even find an interaction point on the satchel under water. Is this right? Can someone confirm this?

Is this correct? Can someone pls. confirm this?!

@Rutberg

Can you tell med where to fin the 40mm Huntir round??

:D

You can only shoot with vanila weapon for now.

Made a small config to enable the HuntIR for the RHS AR15's that has some kind of 40mm attachment. You can find it over here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?192835-Bamse-s-mod-mods

I'll try to merge the changes into the official RHS compatibility PBO on github as encouraged by ruthberg. Just need to figure out how to :)

Good evening,

Just for information... how is it going the gbu locking...are you near to fix it?

Have you found a way to make it works?

Sorry but I'm really looking forward for this feature!!

Thanks for your work Guys

Bye

Edited by AB_Luca

My first post. I finally got around to getting a new gaming rig and I've been tinkering around with A3 for about 3 days. I've successfully loaded my first mod and I'm really looking forward to getting ACE3 up and running.

As far as the medical discussion:

I spent 10 years of my Navy career as an 18D SOCM(Special Operations Combat Medic) serving as an operator with Naval Special Warfare. Yes I realize 18D is an Army course. Until JSOC allows the Navy and Air Force to run their own Medic course, all SEAL HMs, Greenie Beenie's and Air Farce PJ's go through 18 Delta. Anyway... Medics, even SF Medics aren't going to carry whole blood, plasma, etc. in the field. Those type of assets require refrigeration. SAR(Search and Rescue) Birds might carry these type assets, but you're average to above average ground pounder is only going to carry LR(Lactate Ringers) or NS(Normal Saline). I got out of the Military in '08 and at that time we did carry Hespan, an anticoagulant that did not require refrigeration. I've read in some SF Med journals that Hespan is no longer being fielded, however a Medic/Corpsman's loadout will vary from service to service(Navy SEAL HM versus Army SF 18D versus Air Force PJ).

A realistic medic loadout should not have anything but LR or NS as far as pushing fluids. LR being primary. LR and NS can also be used for dehydration, if that's even modeled into any game modes. Hespan could be a pricey alternative that's more effective at stopping hemorrhage with LR being the A3 Medics "go to" choice in most situations. Hespan's weight should be less than LR and NS since the bag is considerably smaller. I realize you gents are doing the best you can, I'm politely offering food for thought.

Quick question. Can ACE3 be used in any campaign mod? Even the default campaign? What are the "normal" types of game modes you guys run ACE3 with? Will AI(friendly and enemy) automatically start initiating medical treatment of their team mates or do I need mods for that? If so which mods? Will the new types of Med gear just show up in Campaigns and scenarios? Will my AI squad mates carry the new med gear?

I look forward to getting ACE3 up and running and i'll go ahead and give a "thanks" to any of you guys that can answer my questions.

Cheers.

Small bug with helicopters RHS Mi8 all models with ACE3, Ejem:= BUG = charge a wounded to the helicopter ok ... but unload the injured with the options ACE3 not working.

in single player mission.... Mods ALIVE, Blascore, CBA 1,23hotfix2, ace3.1.1, ASDG, MTR, FHQ accesoris. AND RHS 0.3.8

in any other vehicle RHS is working well, only helicopters does not work.

Small bug with helicopters RHS Mi8 all models with ACE3, Ejem:= BUG = charge a wounded to the helicopter ok ... but unload the injured with the options ACE3 not working.

in single player mission.... Mods ALIVE, Blascore, CBA 1,23hotfix2, ace3.1.1, ASDG, MTR, FHQ accesoris. AND RHS 0.3.8

in any other vehicle RHS is working well, only helicopters does not work.

I still cant seem to unload anyone that is injured from a vehicle, and neither can my teammates, can anyone else confirm. is anyone else having this issue. I get the option to unload them but when i do, they dont get pulled out. This issue we are having with arma 3 vanilla vehicles. I thought i read that unloading injured players from vehicles was added to this release but ... can anyone confirm.

I already know I'm going to sound like a huge noob for asking this here, but I really don't know where else to look, and this didn't appear to be on the wiki, though I'll keep looking... Is there a way to enable all parts of ACE without having to place every single module? I want the features to be enabled without having to put the modules down but more importantly I want to be able to use them on singleplayer scenarios that I am unable to edit. Thanks in advance!

You only have to place modules if you are not satisfied with the default module options.

Advanced Ballistics and Advanced Medical are both disabled by default.

it seems that the laser pointer feature dont work no more:(

The response was very prompt, thank you :) Turns out everything was fine, I just had to update CBA because nothing was working properly.

I had a chance to play around with the advanced medical model a bit with some friends; we had a pretty good time with it. Aside from a few quirks that are to be expected (I can infuse thousands of CC's of Ringer's or saline through someone quickly and without issue, I don't have to worry about plasma or blood stability etc.), I have only been legitimately confused by one aspect of the model so far: atropine.

What is the idea behind having atropine induce such significant bradycardia? Every time I have given atropine, its either been indicated for stable bradycardia (0.5 - 1 mg) or organophosphate issues (2-4 mg). I have never given atropine for suspected nerve exposure, but our protocol is a Mark 1 kit with 2 mg of atropine. I do know in the military atropine (in the form of DuoDotes) is the catch-all for chemical attacks with SLUDGEM; I have no experience on the medical side of the military so I can't speak for anything more in depth there.

I know there have been a few studies of paradoxical bradycardia from low doses of atropine in some individuals, but it is generally self-resolving unless paired with other drugs or with neurogenic or cardiovascular issues. For the scope of ACE, it seems atropine would not be given in a low enough dose to cause symptomatic bradycardia and should only fit into the medical model for chemical issues, as I don't imagine ACE seeks to simulate escape rhythms or certain heart blocks (especially in the field).

If the current effect is in place to deter people from giving atropine incorrectly, you could place other side effects in lieu of bradycardia - there are some pretty annoying ones like blurred vision, nausea and (rarely) confusion and hallucinations. You could also throw in severe tachycardia and really tank people if you were feeling froggy enough.

As far as the medical discussion:

[...]

I'm pretty sure the ACE developers know that blood and plasma require refrigeration. However it's probably not easy to implement in Arma in a reasonable way. Not sure if they are working on it though. Would be a great addition to the current system, which is already leaps and bounds ahead of what vanilla Arma offers. Guess it will never (and shouldn't) get as complicated as the stuff real medics have to do in real life situations ;)

Can ACE3 be used in any campaign mod? Even the default campaign?

Probably yes, but afaik some stuff might be broken.

What are the "normal" types of game modes you guys run ACE3 with?

I personally like MP Coop missions.

Will AI(friendly and enemy) automatically start initiating medical treatment of their team mates or do I need mods for that? If so which mods?

Afaik that's not implemented yet, and there are no mods to fix that.

Will the new types of Med gear just show up in Campaigns and scenarios? Will my AI squad mates carry the new med gear?

I don't think so.

In the HuntIR ammo box (class name: ACE_HuntIR_Box).

Couple of questions about this.

First, great addition, Thank you!

I found the class name buried on git hub and stuck it in an ammo box to access (couldn't see the ammo box in the editor), changed over to a vanilla weapon but didn't see anyway to activate the HuntIR.

Will you be updating the wiki to include this and one final question (sorry with all these) do the modders have to do anything to allow the HuntIR to work with thier weapons? Our group uses RH.

Thanks for your ongoing hard work

To be confirmed, burning damage (vehicle in flame when being near/walking on, maybe fire from a camp too ?) is making vanilla wound not curable with ACE.

Try the optional ace_tracers.pbo.

Thanks Ruthberg

To be confirmed, burning damage (vehicle in flame when being near/walking on, maybe fire from a camp too ?) is making vanilla wound not curable with ACE.

There are many times that we have encountered vanilla damage. We have included an action in the self interact menu so players are able to fix this whenever needed.

Nice work guys! Just tried out the ladders, work perfectly - so happy with this addition!

Just a couple questions:

I'm having some difficulty working out how the targeting system on the UAV works now. I can't seem to lock on to anything, using the default keys or the ACE lock (hold). Is there something I'm missing?

On a completely separate note, are there any plans to add airway or breathing mechanics to the medical system?

Thanks.

Edited by EddiePrice

I'm not sure if there's an issue on my end (i'm pretty sure there isn't, verified my game etc). But when trying out the new release (3.1.1) with the latest stable CBA build, i noticed i couldn't access a portion of the new equipment (though some are easily accessible). the tactical ladders are the major one i can't find, though i've seen videos from others using the same build where they're in the Misc Items box. The other bit i can't find is the HuntIR grenades, which is in none of the available boxes (Ammo, Med-Basic, Med-Advanced or Misc), though I can get the HuntIR monitor out of the misc items box. A majority of the new items are there (MX-2A, sandbags etc etc) and i haven't made a complete check for the spotting scope for instance (it's not in the ammo boxes placeable in editor, but i'm unsure if it's maybe in Static). the PBOs for all these items are present in my install folder but they don't show up in game. is this intentional + is there a way to get them showing up without editing things?

Quick scripting question: is there a way to injure a unit via script? I want to create kinda medical dummy for training purposes who can be injured without the need to shoot him.

I tried the default "setHit" and "setDamage" commands, but no luck. Then I digged a bit through the ACE medical functions and tried both "ACE_Medical_fnc_setHitPointDamage" and "ACE_Medical_fnc_handleDamage_wounds", but again no luck (though I'm not sure about the necessary parameters for handleDamage_wounds). With high damage values the unit gets killed, but in the ACE interaction menu no injuries/wounds show up. No bleeding, no pain, no unconsciousness.

Any pointer in the right direction would be appreciated :)

I don't know if this is something i am overlooking, but i am missing something that was a part of AGM. I am missing the how you can set unconscious units to never die. I know that there is an option in the medical module that prevents instadeath, but if you are unlucky and get hit by anything while you are going into a downed state then you still die. If there is a way to do this, and i am just not seeing it than could someone please enlighten me. If not, then i urge the ACE3 devs to implement this feature. I reckon there are many groups out there that played with instadeath/invulnerability while downed on in AGM.

I do appreciate all the hard work you guys have done, and will be doing, and I really hope I don't come off as rude with this post this, however, has been very frustrating for me because there is very little information that I've been able to find.

I've learned how to add an action to both Interaction and Self-Interaction menus, but I'm trying to get a better understanding on the optional parameters.

* 5: Insert children code <CODE> (Optional)

* 6: Action parameters <ANY> (Optional)

* 7: Position (Position array, Position code or Selection Name) <ARRAY>, <CODE> or <STRING> (Optional)

* 8: Distance <NUMBER> (Optional)

* 9: Other parameters <ARRAY> (Optional)

* 10: Modifier function <CODE> (Optional)

This is the exact header in the github for "fnc_createAction.sqf" that I copied and pasted here.

#5 From my testing seems to run as soon as the interaction menu is opened with the option available.

#6 I'm not really sure what these are used by or how to call them.

#7 Position of the object? Or where you have to be to have the action added to the menu? Or what?

#8 I thought it would change the distance allowed from the object to see the interaction, but in testing nothing changes.

#9 More parameters I'm not sure what to do with.

#10 Modifies what?

If anyone could help explain these that would be much appreciated! And maybe it is just me, but I find the headers for the create action function minimal, and not really informative.

For example, #5 should read as:

* 5: Insert children code <CODE> (Optional) - Code gets ran when menu is opened and your added action is available.

---------- Post added at 14:13 ---------- Previous post was at 14:08 ----------

If I get a proper understanding of all the parameters to this function I'll fix it and submit it myself.

Edited by WiredTiger

And maybe it is just me, but I find the headers for the create action function minimal, and not really informative.

You'll notice in the function header it's marked as

* Public: No

Off the top of my head:

1. The position is either:
    • Model coordinates
    • Code that returns any kind of world coordinates
    • An object selection

It's used as the point at which the action is rendered.

[*]The "other parameters" part is like so:

[_showDisabled,_enableInside,_canCollapse,_runOnHover],

[*]The distance is the distance the player must be within from the object to use that specific action.

And the rest of it can safely be ignored (just supply empty code/array/etc. as appropriate).

I still cant seem to unload anyone that is injured from a vehicle, and neither can my teammates, can anyone else confirm. is anyone else having this issue. I get the option to unload them but when i do, they dont get pulled out. This issue we are having with arma 3 vanilla vehicles. I thought i read that unloading injured players from vehicles was added to this release but ... can anyone confirm.

Video shows the small bug...

only in helicopters does not work :icon_twisted: unload injured

Edited by Metralla