acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Hi.

First, I want to ask here if this is a bug. Than I can write a bug report on Git.

Is it possible to interact with explosives under water?

I placed a Satchel Charge via self-ineract menu, but couldn't interact with the explosive to put a fuse on it.

Greetings

Hi.

First, I want to ask here if this is a bug. Than I can write a bug report on Git.

Is it possible to interact with explosives under water?

I placed a Satchel Charge via self-ineract menu, but couldn't interact with the explosive to put a fuse on it.

Greetings

After you set the explosive with "Self" Interact, you then need to open your "other" interaction as i call it, in order to place a trigger on it. Think of it like this. Once you set that explosive down, you need to interact with it like anything else that is not your "self". Also make sure you have an M57 trigger or something on you, otherwise you will only be able to set a timer on the explosive. Hope that helps.

After you set the explosive with "Self" Interact, you then need to open your "other" interaction as i call it, in order to place a trigger on it. Think of it like this. Once you set that explosive down, you need to interact with it like anything else that is not your "self". Also make sure you have an M57 trigger or something on you, otherwise you will only be able to set a timer on the explosive. Hope that helps.

Ah. I have to be more precise...

1) go under water

2) place satchel via self-interact

3) try to ace-interact with satchel (not self-interect, I mean other-interact)

You can't even find an interaction point on the satchel under water. Is this right? Can someone confirm this?

Hey ACE3 guys! How hard would it be to add an attatchable compass to the ruck straps or upper carrier area, so instead of fumbling around for the 'k' button in the middle of a gunfight one could simply free-look downwards and read their compass? just a bright idea curious to hear your thoughts on. Thank You.

Advanced Combat Environment 3 Updated

Version 3.1.1

Download:

Github

Changelog Summary:

* Improved ear ringing and deafness (#1609)

* PAK treatment time accounts for damage healed (#1586)

* Made the bullet trace effect more visible

* Flares burntime increased, hand flares brightness reduced (#1477)

* Kestrel - New output modes (Density Altitude ...) (#1253, #1464)

* Kestrel - New low-poly model (#1535)

* Kestrel - Tailwinds are displayed as negative values (#1333)

* Kestrel - Persistent menu and heading (#1192, #1338)

* ATragMX / Kestrel - dialogs can be toggled on/off with keybinds (#1260)

* ATragMX - New night time GUI and picture (#1396, #1401)

* Increased duration of morphine effect

* Made atropine less effective

* Morphine now only suppresses pain by default (#1290)

* Renamed some advanced ballistics module options and added more (#1261)

* Improved handling of incomplete advanced ballistics config entries (#1441)

* New keyshortcuts to toggle through all devices (#1118)

* Refined all airFriction values to better match advanced ballistics data (#1386, #1455)

* Closer interactions points now oclude farther ones (#989)

* It's now possible to walk around while using the cursor version of the interaction menus (#981)

* Speed of sound now changes with ambient air temperature (#1425)

* Temperature now affects barometric pressure (#1424)

* Increased the size of the protractor overlay

* Extensive optimization of spalls (#1163)

* Various others optimizations (#1027, #1045, #1057, #1581)

* Increased the visibility of chat text (#1245)

* Nametags are now only visible if there's line of sight to the face of the target (#1302)

* Scope adjustment framework expanded so PSO scopes can now have windage steps of 0.5 Mil (#1312, #1370)

* Placing explosives now uses shorter animations (#1314)

* Expanded the runOnHover functionality of the interaction menus to run arbitrary code (#1415)

* Bodybags are now created aligned with the casualty (#1471)

* Unload captive actions are now passenger actions (#1599)

* Claymore mines can now be detonated with the Mk16 transmitter (#1616)

FIXED:

* Crash: illegal instruction with Advanced Ballistics DLL (#1630)

* Model.cfg and requiredAddons (#1650)

* Unloading units from various vehicles (#1389, #1587)

* Random teleport when dragging/carrying inside of buildings (#1458)

* Random body bag teleport (#1469)

* Incorrect handling of falling and vehicle crash damage (#1550, #1562, #1602)

* Capacity of bloodbags was ignored during transfusions (#1368)

* Intermitted rain bug (#1526)

* Javelin locking (#1507)

* Settings forced on server and from modules are now applied reliably (#1214, #1432, #1433, #1598)

* Medical - Litter spawning all over the place (#1164)

* Interaction menu moving with wave height (#1117)

* Error when treating with binoculars in hands (#1332)

* Comanche zoom levels (#1113)

* Safe mode sound not being played (#1497)

* Always raining with overcast values > 0.7 (#1456)

* Usage of time might cause calculation errors below 20 fps (#1336, #1362)

* ATragMX - Fixed incorrect bullet diameter GUI output (#1252)

* ATragMX - Fixed a bug in the relative click memory (#1180)

* Weather - Fixed incorrect barometric pressure calculation (#1424)

* Weather - Intermitted rain (sound bug)

* Kestrel - Wind reading sometimes not affected by nearby buildings

* Pain effect was visible when unconscious (#1492)

* Result of belt linking is now broadcasted inmediately (#1120)

* Swithching laser now fails gracefully if ASDG is run without the compt pbo (#1239)

* Added ACE guidance to the RHS Javelin (#1373)

* ACE Explosives and dead man switches are now Zeus and AI compatible (#1414)

* NVG adjustment behaves better now (#1429)

* Progress bars now stops on death (#1450)

* A dummy weapon was sometimes visible on respawn (#1520)

* Incorrect localization of the medical log (#1559)

* Position of interaction point for some static weapons (#1611)

* Removed the duplicated obsolete action (#1612)

* CheckPBO didn't kick players reliably (#1635)

* (Optional) Updated RHS compat for V0.3.8 (#1588)

ADDED:

* Ability to force disable NameTags on server (#1204)

* Zeus modules to allow changing capture, consciousness and surrendering status on the fly (#1295)

* Disarming of unconscious or captured units (#136)

* Concertina wire (#1504)

* DAGR (#1534)

* HuntIR (#1525)

* MX-2A (#1476)

* Rangecards (#1418)

* Sandbags (#1479)

* Spottingscope (#1515)

* Tactical ladder (#1493)

* Tripod (#1509)

* Yardage 450 (#1491)

* Viewdistance module (#1063, #1198, #1311)

* ACE3 Version info on main menu (#1150)

* Surgical Kit treatment (#1392)

* New extension to improve the performance of adv. medical (#1256)

* IED pressure plates (#1248)

* Adv. Medical module options to make morphine remove pain and bandages heal hitpoints (#1579)

* Medical setting to consider remote controlled units as players or not (#1530)

* Custom fonts (#1050)

* CheckPBO module functionality can now be triggered through settings (#1236, #1633)

* Group leader can now globally set the color of his group members (#1293)

* It's now possible to export a debug report to the clipboard from the options menu (#1304)

* A local event is now thrown when a unit dies (#1523)

* Option to disable the day visible laser system if not used (#1589)

* (Optional) ACE2 ball tracers (#378)

* (Optional) BWA3 compatibility pbo (weapons, ammo, scopes) (#1306)

* (Optional) CUP compatibility pbo (weapons, ammo, scopes, launchers) (#1443)

* (Optional) R3F compatibility pbo (weapons, ammo, scopes) (#1527)

* (Optional) RH ACC compatibility pbo (scopes)

* (Optional) Scope Mod A3 compatibility pbo (scopes) (#1310)

A full list of merged pull requests

KNOWN ISSUES

We have noticed that when using ACE with 3rd-Party mods that do not fully support CBA Extended Eventhandlers (XEH) that some units do not work with Interaction fully. You may see the cursor but no menus.

WORKAROUND: The latest CBA RC7 Hotfix 2, v1.1.23 has an optional PBO that you can activate to help resolve these situations.

1. Move the cba_enable_auto_xeh.pbo and its signature file from the CBA optional folder to the CBA Addons folder

2. Restart Arma.

If you have identified the 3rd-Party mod that causes ACE Interaction to break, contact the developer and ask them to support the CBA XEH. They can contact CBA Devs for help.

Developers can update their mods by one of the following methods to work with ACE.

Reference: Two guides to help developers get started with the CBA extended event handler system

Is the "not being able to walk even when it says you aren't injured" in the advanced system a feature or a bug? If it's a feature how do I treat it?

No wakeup from unconscious state added for basic medical. :(

Oh boy oh boy oh boy.

We held a 3h test with 3.0.1 a week ago, we now know what we need to test so we'll try to repeat it during the weekend and then report our results.

Thanks, guys!

Great update, I hope we can see the repair vehicles option, it's really needed.

Thanks for your hard work!

Is the "not being able to walk even when it says you aren't injured" in the advanced system a feature or a bug? If it's a feature how do I treat it?

There is a new setting to heal hitpoints after bandaging. I believe it's called remove bloodstains? Enable it and it is how works like before the 3.1.1 update. You can find it in the advanced medical settings module.

* Adv. Medical module options to make morphine remove pain and bandages heal hitpoints (#1579)

Looks good but cant finde the huntIR granate?

and is to stupid tu figur out to use the vivedistance modul

Edited by loopdk

Use a PAK.

Thank you for the update! Is the ace missile guidance for the RHS javelin still disabled or am i just too stupid to use it?

sometimes when I try to plant an explosive charge or a mine, I shoot my gun instead of putting down the charge

Edited by Johnny-O-Rama

Hey quick question...please for give if this has already been answered. Did a search but couldn't find anything in results.

Is ACE AI/Medical designed to cause other AI units in your squad to respond to other units or yourself being injured? Under AGM this was a fairly common occurrence that when shot and unconscious one of the other AI would be "johnny on the spot" and use my medical kit to provide assistance. It was a pretty immersive feature...that the AI would immediately try to assist their buddy.

Now I get hit knock out and it seems to be sh!t outta luck pal, your on your own ;-)

Has there been a design change on the scope of medical or is it something not implemented yet?

B

---------- Post added at 10:04 ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 ----------

I even tried it with just Vanilla +CBA/ACE and found the same problem. They wouldn't respond to any kind of injury on a fellow squad ai or myself...even when ordered to do so. Seemed weird.

I had an old Drongo's Command Enhancement addon that allows for quick forced med patch up either on a unit by unit or entire squad basis...The important thing is that the AI give feedback.

I think I may have figured out why the AI doesn't respond to medical problems with other teammates. It appears the AI doesn't recognize any of the ACE3 medical items. I could order a Combat Medic with full ACE3 medical kit to heal either myself or another injured unit...the response was always "I don't have a FAK or Medkit." I guess that would derail the process.

It's weird because AGM had this fully squared away. They would heal each other with no problem using the AGM med items either with the vanilla commands or Drongo's Command Enhance, but most of the time it was on their own. They would only give the "I dont have" feedback when they were bone dry on equipment.

B

Edited by BadLucky1776

I had an old Drongo's Command Enhancement addon that allows for quick forced med patch up either on a unit by unit or entire squad basis...The important thing is that the AI give feedback.

I think I may have figured out why the AI doesn't respond to medical problems with other teammates. It appears the AI doesn't recognize any of the ACE3 medical items. I could order a Combat Medic with full ACE3 medical kit to heal either myself or another injured unit...the response was always "I don't have a FAK or Medkit." I guess that would derail the process.

It's weird because AGM had this fully squared away. They would heal each other with no problem using the AGM med items either with the vanilla commands or Drongo's Command Enhance. They would only give the "I dont have" feedback when they were bone dry on equipment.

B

Ahhhhh good to know -thats why the AI medics wont help. #1 reason I disable the whole medical pbo until some AI support is added.

Also +1 on Drongos Command Enhancement, great under recognized tool that everyone should try.

Can anybody help me how to run ACE3 in server. Every time I run ACE3 advance medical system server not able to load the mission.. :-(

any link or procedure will be greatly appreciated ..