acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Will CSE's food & water return in Ace3? For our ops (which run 7 days+ sometimes this IS infact an interesting feature.

Hope I didnt mis and obious FAQ.

I've got a couple of suggestions/questions:

- Would it be possible to lower the brightness of IR grenades? When they're attached to shoulders, they are disorienting both in first and third person views.

- Are you going to integrate Riouken's CTAB into ACE 3?

- Would you consider tweaking the medical system to give the medical system a toggle-able option so that when a medic starts giving medical attention to someone, their weapon holsters first? It's sometimes very annoying when you have extensive work to do on a patient and each time you administer another step of the medical system, you put away your gun and then bring it back out. I understand this could be done as is by simply pressing "0" to holster one's weapon, but it'd be greatly appreciated.

All of this aside, I love ACE 3 and I hope your team continues to work hard at it. The experience my group has playing Arma 3 is vastly improved by your hard work. Thank you.

- I might look into it if it's that much of an issue.

- It's coming back in an improved form, check the BFT device branch

- This was already discussed on the #medical slack dunno of the results

A downgrade to CBA v1.1.20.xxx should remedy most of these interaction issues. CBA v1.1.21.xxx and later cease to provide extended event handlers to third-party units that don't have them already mod-side, breaking these features in many cases.

We have this problem too.

Someone has an idea of the release date of a fixed of ACE3 for using latest CBA without problem ?

- I might look into it if it's that much of an issue.

- It's coming back in an improved form, check the BFT device branch

- This was already discussed on the #medical slack dunno of the results

IR Grenades

We were playing around a bit with them on some night missions and I found that it was very disorienting when I got surprised by an enemy unit and started taking fire -- while realistic, I could see it glowing on and off quite brightly inside the lens of my scope, in both walking and ADS first person.

edit: and I was using a vanilla scope -- the MRCO.

In third it's just a giant orb of light. It's a bit more to ask, but perhaps you could create an entirely new item called IR Beacon? IR Grenades have their uses for sure, but an IR Beacon could be attached to a unit and would be a much smaller light. (And effective for infantry work). I know some people may worry about CAS not being able to see a friendly squad or unit at night without them wearing IR Grenades (and for that use, they're great because their luminosity is large and easy to see from a distance). IR Beacons and IR Grenades could both be attached and therefore you could have even more functionality/options.

CTAB & BFT

where can I find the BFT device branch?

Medical

I assume by slack you're referring to GitHub? (I'm still learning my way around GitHub, really would like to keep up on updates as much as I can)

Edited by ironxbay
clarify i wasn't using any non-vanilla, non-ace optic

Like if you're just marksman in the middle of a firefight. Anyone have any tips? Is it supposed to be as simple as 1.0 on the elevation scope mil equals 100 meters on flat ground? I can't seem to get the hang of figuring out the right Meters + Elevation rough, quick, middle-of-combat math you'd use for that.

That's because marksmanship is a tough thing far different from what most people think! I will try to explain the easiest method I know to spend the least of time acquiring a target.

First, stick to one gun and one kind of ammunition, it'll make it a whole lot easier. Then grab the AtragMX (you'll have to do it only once), choose the ammo in the first column, put standard enviromental conditions on the second column, and zero wind on the third column (it doesn't really matter what you put on latitude, distance, and the other fields). Then click on "RC" on the upper right corner of the screen. What you see there is a precomputed table of mil adjustments for predefined distances. Then click on "Setup", for a designated marksman 100m steps should be precise enough.

Now take an screenshot of it, and print it (or if you want to take the pro way, memorize it). Then you can choose if you want to dial in the adjustments on the turrents when taking a shot, or just holdover the proper mil adjustment on the reticle if using a mil-dotted one (the last one is quite faster).

Each scope is more appropiate for each way of operating. The DMS has an integrated range estimator, so you will know the distance quicker, but it's not mil-dotted, so you would have to dial the turrets in. With an MPLD you'd have to use an external rangefinder or learn to estimate distance by using mil-dots, but its reticle allows you to aim by just holding the reticle over the target que required amount of mils.

Hope this helps you,

Best regards

Edit: Forgot to add that you will still have to adjust for wind, but there's no easy quick'n'dirty method for it. You can have multiple precomputed tables for different wind strenghts/directions, but it will defeat the point of quick target adquisition. Only experience will tell you how much horizontal holdover is needed, so keep practicing at the range!

Edited by regiregi22

ironxbay: There actually are a completely separate item called "IR Strobe" (found under the "+" in arsenal amongst the medic/utility stuff) that is _a lot_ dimmer than the grenade.

We find them REALLY useful when you're running about in non-urban areas, but might end up a bit to dim when other light sources join the mix, like street lamps or patrolling vehicles

If I had a vote on things I'd rather have a power setting either when attaching the IR Strobe or afterwards when attached :)

ironxbay: There actually are a completely separate item called "IR Strobe" (found under the "+" in arsenal amongst the medic/utility stuff) that is _a lot_ dimmer than the grenade.

We find them REALLY useful when you're running about in non-urban areas, but might end up a bit to dim when other light sources join the mix, like street lamps or patrolling vehicles

If I had a vote on things I'd rather have a power setting either when attaching the IR Strobe or afterwards when attached :)

well, color me stumped, i guess i've always passed over that and didn't realize it was there.

Someone has an idea of the release date of a fixed of ACE3 for using latest CBA without problem ?

I hope soon...

Will the locking on to vehicles in planes will be fixed next patch, in our unit we use harrier and F-35 and we can't lock anything with bombs, or heat seeking missle.

What's the current plan regarding vehicle/weapon locking in general?

Will there be a radar framework for vehicles, judging from your mentioning of semi active radar homing seekers ?

Already fixed, try the new hotfixed version on this post!!!! -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?178224-CBA-Community-Base-Addons-ARMA-3&p=2946732&viewfull=1#post2946732

You need to move the auto_XEH.pbo file from optional folder to addon folder, inside CBA

cheers!

Some friends and I are having an issue with ACE3 in its current build. For some reason we cannot get the interaction menu or self interaction menu working. We have turned all other mods off and just have ACE3 and CBA running but the interaction menus still arent working for us. Does anyone know why this is? Is it a known bug or is something else going on? Any help would be appreciated!

Some friends and I are having an issue with ACE3 in its current build. For some reason we cannot get the interaction menu or self interaction menu working. We have turned all other mods off and just have ACE3 and CBA running but the interaction menus still arent working for us. Does anyone know why this is? Is it a known bug or is something else going on? Any help would be appreciated!

Allegedly, updating CBA to the hotfix that they released should fix it..that or downgrading to 1.1.20 or whatever it is...

Which .pbo's can I remove from the addons folder? i.e. What is the most basic/minimal setup of Ace3 one can have as a starting point?

(p.s. Apologies in advance: I'm not sure if that came out right? or even makes sense lol..... It's been a very long week and my brain hurts :( ヾ( ̄0 ̄ )ノ

Will there be added to the cries of injury?

I have a little private cry out addon if you want hit me up PM

Are mortar trayectories affected in any way if using the Advanced Ballistics module? I was wondering if it were possible to use the AtragMX to calculate precise trayectories, but then I realize its ammo doesn't have any related AB parameters! I thought it would use AB too because the 82mm range table has a barometric and a temperature column, and you can activate the option to have wind deflection and resistance.

Thanks,

Best regards

Will AI medical support be present in the next update? Even in a basic form?

I would also like to know the status of this. This was a big thing that I loved about AGM.

Are mortar trayectories affected in any way if using the Advanced Ballistics module?
No, Advanced Ballistics only affects small arms fire.
I was wondering if it were possible to use the AtragMX to calculate precise trayectories
That's not possible.

Hi guys, im having a problem with this.

Im trying to jump into the editor to play around with things in this mod but every time it loads, the game crashes with this error

"Bad version 68 in p3d file 'z\ace\addons\medical\data\bandage.p3d"

Sometimes it also says something about scopes instead of bandage. It works fine if i remove ace3.

Also it was installed with playwith6 and yes I have CBA installed.

Other mods i have are

AiA

Blastcore

Bornholm

CBA

Drifters Fatigue Remover

Falluja

JSRS2

Leights Opfor

MRAP Maxxpro

NZwisogo

RHS Complete

RH Pistol pack

Thanks!

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a way to keep the vanilla recoil?