acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

It is separated. Make sure Blue Force Tracking module is set to disabled.

This may have been asked before, but I wanted to try giving the new millscopes a shot, can anyone tell me how to actually use them? Are there any good tutorials or videos that show how to actually range a target with them? I don't really care about long range sniping with wind and angles and all that, more just in-combat marksman shooting.

if I can't explain it to my players easily or they find it too annoying I'll have to have them all delete the pbos, but that's a pain, so wanted to at least try and understand.

If you have a scope that is properly set up for mils, then it's (height of target*1000)/height of target in mils = distance to target. To check that place a guy at exactly 1000m away from you and he should be 1.8mil high on your scope. Don't really know if that's what you meant.

A standing guy in ArmA is 1.8m tall, so you can use that. But be aware of errors due to perspective with varying inclination angle.

Is the View Distance already implemented? I cant find it.

Someone on the public Slack chat postedba 40 minute video explaining everything about sniping with ACE3. It's still a WIP so he didn't publsh it yet but if you can't find it, PM me and I'll get you the URL when I'm home in 2 hours.

https://youtu.be/_Q2K5TMs91E

The View Distance is part of the latest master and will become official in 3.0.2/3.1.0. You can build the latest version of on the source zip yourself.

Edited by BullHorn

So I have a problem with ace with the interaction keys. So I cant interact with others or myself however I can interact with vehicles like putting a chemlight on a truck. Its the newest version and I have deleted all the files and reinstalled it. The issue doesn't happen in single player I can get the stuff to work its when I join my groups server that it happens and the rest of the guys on the server don't have a problem.

So I have a problem with ace with the interaction keys. So I cant interact with others or myself however I can interact with vehicles like putting a chemlight on a truck. Its the newest version and I have deleted all the files and reinstalled it. The issue doesn't happen in single player I can get the stuff to work its when I join my groups server that it happens and the rest of the guys on the server don't have a problem.

Downgrade CBA to v1.20.xxx, that worked for us.

Downgrade CBA to v1.20.xxx, that worked for us.

I have version 1.1.22. how can I downgrade to a version higher than the latest version.

The View Distance is part of the latest master and will become official in 3.0.2/3.1.0. You can build the latest version of on the source zip yourself.

Its very confusing when the wiki listed several stuff and explain it where and how but its not in the actual version.

we will never build "lastest" versions from git, we want to play with other clans, public and so on. So we use only stable.

I have version 1.1.22. how can I downgrade to a version higher than the latest version.

Apologies, meant 1.1.20.xxx.

That sniper video was very helpful actually thanks (although I will grumble and say I don't understand why the AtragMX interface is so convoluted and unfriendly :P ), but now i'm trying to figure out how to properly use the mils scopes when you don't have an AtragMX + Vector and time to line up the shot,

Like if you're just marksman in the middle of a firefight. Anyone have any tips? Is it supposed to be as simple as 1.0 on the elevation scope mil equals 100 meters on flat ground? I can't seem to get the hang of figuring out the right Meters + Elevation rough, quick, middle-of-combat math you'd use for that.

Known Issue of CBA. Do you use any Mod/Retexture Units?

Please head over too the CBA Thread. I already addressed that issue there!

Quick question, I am kinda forwarding this one because people have been asking me and I don't know either.

After turning on the laser designator in the Comanche (both the ACE test one as well as the official BIS one), there is no visible laser with thermal and DAGR/Hellfire missiles don't seem to be affected.

This was tested by spawning in the helos with Zeus on a 2-player MP session. Now instead of reporting this as a bug, I'd first like to know whether or not DAGR missiles are supposed to work yet or that they are still WIP.

edit:

That sniper video was very helpful actually thanks (although I will grumble and say I don't understand why the AtragMX interface is so convoluted and unfriendly :P ), but now i'm trying to figure out how to properly use the mils scopes when you don't have an AtragMX + Vector and time to line up the shot,

Like if you're just marksman in the middle of a firefight. Anyone have any tips? Is it supposed to be as simple as 1.0 on the elevation scope mil equals 100 meters on flat ground? I can't seem to get the hang of figuring out the right Meters + Elevation rough, quick, middle-of-combat math you'd use for that.

In the middle of firefight, depending on the range it's best to use Kentucky windage and Arkansas Elevation.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Edited by PhonicStudios

Can the ace3 maptools be separated from the marker system so that the compass can be used without it interfereing with any third party marker mods ?
It is separated. Make sure Blue Force Tracking module is set to disabled.

It is not completely separate. When the marker system is removed the maptools are still used to draw lines on the map (markers.) So any drawing should be part of the marker system not maptools. Currently when I use maptools and sweet marker system I get two lines from both systems. And if anyone suggests, no I will not stop using sweet marker system because it is better that the one in ACE3.

I do not understand how the Blueforce tracking is relevant to this.

Edited by Bumgie

what happened to those wonderful IED objects that CSE had? opposed to all others you could place them neatly in the editor, were easily tuneable and disappeared when you pick them up?

Will they have a comeback in a future version?

The search functions yielded no results, though I admit I haven't taken the time to peruse all 51 pages of this thread.

I have a small crew about to start Arma in the next few weeks. It's our first venture into this title, though we've been watching it from afar for a long time. The community is obviously a strong selling point. With that community comes mods.

This particular mod has alot of things we all agree is a necessary part of our integration into the game, however, being noobs, there's alot of stuff here that may be quite overwhelming.

We were wondering if there's a way to install only certain parts of ACE3, so that it loads by default as the whole thing does now. At this time, I throw ACE3 in the mod directory, and load a map / mission, most everything works on it's own. (Perhaps everything works perfectly, maybe a few features don't work that way, I haven't tested everything to be honest).

I noticed within the mod's directory itself are the various modules. Is there a way to decide, as a server host (Self hosting and / or dedicated server) to easily manipulate what modules are active in our session / game / map / mission?

The more I write, the more I worry I'm unclear. I'll leave this here and try to clear up any confusion as the thread goes on.

The search functions yielded no results, though I admit I haven't taken the time to peruse all 51 pages of this thread.

I have a small crew about to start Arma in the next few weeks. It's our first venture into this title, though we've been watching it from afar for a long time. The community is obviously a strong selling point. With that community comes mods.

This particular mod has alot of things we all agree is a necessary part of our integration into the game, however, being noobs, there's alot of stuff here that may be quite overwhelming.

We were wondering if there's a way to install only certain parts of ACE3, so that it loads by default as the whole thing does now. At this time, I throw ACE3 in the mod directory, and load a map / mission, most everything works on it's own. (Perhaps everything works perfectly, maybe a few features don't work that way, I haven't tested everything to be honest).

I noticed within the mod's directory itself are the various modules. Is there a way to decide, as a server host (Self hosting and / or dedicated server) to easily manipulate what modules are active in our session / game / map / mission?

The more I write, the more I worry I'm unclear. I'll leave this here and try to clear up any confusion as the thread goes on.

You could always place modules on the editor in the missions, besides that you could host a repository with @ACE3 in it with only the .pbo files that you want to use, upload that same repo to your server.

But I think just by editor-placed modules you can change quite a lot.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

If simply removing the PBO files will do it that's awesome. Easy to do and to understand by my group. We're small enough that I can manage it that way easy.

The Editor thing SOUNDS Like it would be simple, but I've tried it and can't figure out how to edit an existing mission. I'm not looking for a tutorial on that here or anything. I'm sure that's a daunting task to learn in it's own right. We'll get there surely, but we're not there yet. :)

Existing missions are likely to be very complicated... Official missions (from the campaign) are the hardest of all to edit.

In the middle of firefight, depending on the range it's best to use Kentucky windage and Arkansas Elevation.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Is this a real thing that i dont know about or am I just thick and this is sarcasm?

Is this a real thing that i dont know about or am I just thick and this is sarcasm?

Yes it is a real thing though it is mostly referred to as "hold off". Basically the shooter aims higher/lower left/right of the previous rounds point of impact and fires for effect.

It's a lot of guestimation on the shooters end but it's faster than messing with turrets to dial in.

Hi ! Awesome addon, I was waiting this since a long time !

But I have some question (because we have some problems with my team).

We are using RHS Mod (U.S Forces), and for us it's impossible to unload somebody from a vehicles if he's inconscious, and sometimes, we can't see the CPR option for reanimate someone !

Is there a way to disable Respawn, or to make Respawn spawn you at Base rather than right where you died? It's really imbalanced and makes reviving people basically pointless.

Is there a way to disable Respawn, or to make Respawn spawn you at Base rather than right where you died? It's really imbalanced and makes reviving people basically pointless.

I'd check your mission description.ext respawn settings (BASE) and ensure you have appropriate respawn marker(s) in your mission map...

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Respawn

We're using ACE3 with the usual suspects and all is normal base respawn-wise.

---------- Post added at 18:18 ---------- Previous post was at 18:07 ----------

He's saying that in an all-out dynamic firefight, where you're firing a lot and at multiple moving targets, you're not going to want to take the time to fine-tune scope adjustments for every shot. You're basically sticking to zero, or a base elevation set for a common range and merely moving your crosshairs around to compensate for relative winds (Kentucky windage), or range/bullet drop (Arkansas elevation).

---------- Post added at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was at 18:18 ----------

We are using RHS Mod (U.S Forces), and for us it's impossible to unload somebody from a vehicles if he's inconscious, and sometimes, we can't see the CPR option for reanimate someone !

A downgrade to CBA v1.1.20.xxx should remedy most of these interaction issues. CBA v1.1.21.xxx and later cease to provide extended event handlers to third-party units that don't have them already mod-side, breaking these features in many cases.

---------- Post added at 18:44 ---------- Previous post was at 18:21 ----------

Is it supposed to be as simple as 1.0 on the elevation scope mil equals 100 meters on flat ground? I can't seem to get the hang of figuring out the right Meters + Elevation rough, quick, middle-of-combat math you'd use for that.

A mil is more a measurement of angle. There are basically ~17.8 mils to one degree (you'll see this with the ACE3 Mk6's digital compass in mils). As a rule of thumb, at 1000 yards (3000 ft) 1 mil would span 1 yard (3 ft). For a target at 300 yards (900 ft) a 1 mil adjustment would equal 0.3 yards (0.9 ft) or about 10~11 inches. The same 1/1000th rule applies to meters as well. However, a bullet's trajectory is never really flat and is going to be entirely up to the equipment discharging it, the type of ammunition used, and environmental factors.

Best bet, aside from learning the Atrag, or using Koffe's old AGM web app (http://koffeinflummi.github.io/Arma3Spotter/#/spotter), would be to grab a rifle on a relatively calm day, quite a few practice rounds of what you're going to use in the field, and a rangefinder; and find some trees or abandoned structures at regular intervals of range and create a range card that you can jot down elevation settings on for those various ranges. Then later in the field in a firefight, you can quickly recall these base settings either directly off the card or by interpolation, and be in the neighborhood of effective fire from the start.

Edited by CloudNine

A downgrade to CBA v1.1.20.xxx should remedy most of these interaction issues. CBA v1.1.21.xxx and later cease to provide extended event handlers to third-party units that don't have them already mod-side, breaking these features in many cases.

Thanks for your help, now we can unload somebody from a RHS Humvee, but still not from a RHS helicopter, we will find a solution for us, and wait for some fix I hope !