acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Hey Clydefrog,

Yeah, Its definitely the CBA update.

My tests were with totally isolated addon folders, command line -mods. The problem is present with RC7 and completely gone with RC6. I only found the problem with the 3 vanilla campaign chapters.

I posted a similar results FYI in the CBA thread so hopefully they can get it squared away.

Broke my tibia the other day so was looking forward to sitting back and finishing the Vanilla campaign finally. Got into the third mission of the last chapter and my character took a pretty good hit. Went to bandage it up and wtf...that's not good.

B

@_MaSSive the way he spoke of it I though it was new units and not reskins

Vipermaul confirmed that the problem came after CBA updated to RC7 he's investigating whether it's CBA or ACE3 that's causing the issue.

Oh and good news, I PR'ed most of the remaining doc this nigh.

Just have a couple questions that i didn't see in the documentation.

When running SP scenarios or private LAN match if host is running @ACE3 does the mod completely render useless and/or remove the vanilla FAK?

I'm really kind of turned around as far as bandages go; I see several different bandage items listed in the box and have used each one exclusively in missions and I really don't see any difference. They all seem to stop the bleeding and stabalize the soldier as well as the next. Is there some future plans for all of these different "band-aids" or are they in fact doing someting different and i'm just too much of a simpleton to realize it?

Thank You and your team for all of your hard work and patience you guys have put into this mod, and most of all for bringing more unity into our modding community & shining as a bright example for what can be accomplished when extremely talented individuals team up to slam out these mega-releases!

Faks get replaced by bandages and morphine, drag them on the ground and drag them back to your inventory, they will get converted.

concerning bandages they are all the same in basic, if you use advanced some are more effective than others to stop reopening or stopping the bleeding of some type of wounds.

Loving ACE3 more and more. But I got a couple of questions on the medical system settings for advanced module.

I need for a mission:

different woundtypes so they need different bandages

no reopening wounds

PAK for full heal disappearing so they have to get resupplied and or in base only

PAK: either everywhere or facility only (then Ill have to synce a Module Facility to my AmbulanceContainer and Field Hospital, right!?)

no pure MERT where you have to get every casualty back to base, for the size of people its enough to fly out people once you cant heal them anymore or bring in tons of new medical supplies

Module Basic

Prevent Instant: no

Player Damage: 1.8 (I want many wounds to treat, so I figure let them get shot more, right?)

Level: Advanced (ok I want the advanced one, so i figure I ll choose that)

Medics Setting: (which one do I take? and what are the differences?)

Normal

Advanced

Module Advanced:

Players

Advanced off (no opening wounds)

PAK: on, available everywhere, medic only, remove PAK on use

Locations: everywhere or facility only for full heal

SAK: off

Module Facility

sync it with AmbulanceContainer AND Field Hospital (right?! then players can)

Medic Class:

List: "classnamesoldier","classnamesoldier2" (do I have to put in the pure medic class here too? or is it inherited from the base class)

AdvancedMedic: (is there a difference to the classes above? doctor / medic? or are all medics doctor by default and only the custom added ones need an entry here?)

right for what I want? I hope you get what I mean!

Thanks in advance guys, just trying to find a good balance is sometimes easier when others who already found it point you a little bit towards it :)

It might be an idea to have FAKs stay as FAKs until manually unpacked into bandages and morphine (torniquets and etc for the advanced CMS). Might alleviate some cross compatibility issues with inventory set ups done in vanilla. Just a thought.

Is it possible to add "the prevent death while unconscious" from AGM?

Now, if you are unconscious and you are still under fire, you simply die.

Edited by Papanowel

I've found out what causes weapon issues with ACE3, it's a mod with the filename HJ_Mark.pbo. Hope this helps anyone else who has problems.

Hi! I´m not sure if this was mentioned before, but I can´t defuse mines or other explosives set through the editor. Only mines deployed by myself. Checked all variants in explosives module.

Hi! I´m not sure if this was mentioned before, but I can´t defuse mines or other explosives set through the editor. Only mines deployed by myself. Checked all variants in explosives module.

Will be fixed in the next version :)

hi

i do not know if some one noticed it befor when i use mini titan with AP missile the titan locks but the rocket goes away and works normal with AT missile.

is it normal in AP missile to do so?

Is there any documentation any where on the medical stuff, like do they need to be synced to anything and how to use it in general etc.

Thanks man, last time I was there I could only find info on the range finder, it's certainly improved since or I simply can't navigate!

Is there a way to load the body bag inside vehicle ? I admit i've tried only in 3.0.0, my community hasn't tested the 3.0.1 for now.

From what i can remember there is no problem to move body bag but it couldn't be loaded inside a vehicle. Also i've not seen any issue reported for that on the github or haven't used the right word to.

Can anyone point the way on how to disable Group join features. We like the pre-configured sections the mission editor placed down much more than 15 man public mobs running around.. Anyway we can disable this somehow ?

Deleting PBO's won't work for us as it's a public repo pulled off of PW6 - I'm hoping there is a "group manager Module config" that's hidden somewhere :)

Cheers

SJ

Have you tried placing the module (Or using userconfig settings on server) for the ACE Interaction? Setting the boolean to "No" just disables players' ability to interact with Team Management interactions or the ability to leave group, last time I checked.

When you are in the editor, the Modules Creation Tool is the icon with the three little boxes on the left hand side. Click that and double-click on the map (Doesn't matter where) and set the Category to ACE3, and the Module to "ACE Medical System" for example. All the settings are dropdown menus. Hope that answers your question.

My group is struggling with the Advanced Medical System. We love the complexity it allows but can't quite figure out how to do it right. We have Instant Death disabled and Unconscious timeout somewhere around 20 minutes set.

Sometimes, when someone goes down, we fix all wounds (indicated blue, no bleeding left), give blood infusions if necessary. Blood pressure and pulse are normal at somepoint but we cannot get players to get conscious again. We tried giving more epi for a higher heart rate but no success either.

Is there anything special to do? I guess about 70% of the time players wake up somewhen during treatment but in the other 30% we have no idea how to wake them up and use the PAK to get them back to fighting.

You need to use the Magic Wake Up Stick.

...and there's no such thing, unless you play with Basic Medical.

You need to use the Magic Wake Up Stick.

...and there's no such thing, unless you play with Basic Medical.

So basically there is no way in making sure a player can be up in the next minutes even if everthing is patched up?

But there is! The PAK. :D

Some general feedback for the medical system here.

I would like to see a system that allows more engaging gameplay for medics and non-medics, while keeping the flow of the gameplay up at the same time. Right now this is pretty hard to do with ACE3. The main problem I have is the way the PAK words in general and there should be more options on how you can set it up

Medics should be important but not be the most important factor. ACE3 is already in a good direction here but it needs some adjustment. You can set up the system so that every player can keep other people in the game. They can bandage wounds, give medicine and saline/blood/plasma. This is a good thing but what I also miss is the time bonus medics had in AGM. So I would like to see medics being faster as non-medics. I like the fact that you can set it up so only medics can stitch wounds and use the PAK. This gives the medic some importance. So while other people can make sure players can stay in the game for a while, the medic can make sure they will also stay in the game by stitching their wounds and fully heal them.

However the way the PAK words right now is a bit weird and I would like to see some options for it.

In the field you can only use a PAK if the player is not beeling anymore.

In a field hospital or in a medical vehicle you can use the PAK at all times.

Non-Medics can use the PAK in field hospitals and medical vehicles.

Weight/size of the PAK should be massively increased, so you can not take crazy ammounts of them with you.

This would make medics more important but not overly important. When the medic is down, or there is simply no medic around normal players can make sure people stay in the game, but for a full heal you would need to get to a field hospital or call in a medical vehicle.

In the field you can only use a PAK if the player is not beeling anymore.

In a field hospital or in a medical vehicle you can use the PAK at all times.

Non-Medics can use the PAK in field hospitals and medical vehicles.

Weight/size of the PAK should be massively increased, so you can not take crazy ammounts of them with you.

^This would be great!

(some of things should be in the next release as far as I follow the commits on github.)