acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Anyone have documentation on missile guidance using vanilla launcher? I can't seem to get it to lock on and hit targets as it normally would. The GUI locks and makes sound, but i shoot the missile and never hits the target. By disabling the options in GUI for advance missile guidance, it then seemed to work better but not 100% of time. Also tyhe lock on sound keeps going in and out. Meaning once it locks, a second later it loses it and you have to wait for it to lock again.

http://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/missileguidance.html

If this is not how it's designed, i'll do more testing vanilla and using this MOD only.

Anyone have documentation on missile guidance using vanilla launcher? I can't seem to get it to lock on and hit targets as it normally would. The GUI locks and makes sound, but i shoot the missile and never hits the target. By disabling the options in GUI for advance missile guidance, it then seemed to work better but not 100% of time. Also tyhe lock on sound keeps going in and out. Meaning once it locks, a second later it loses it and you have to wait for it to lock again.

http://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/missileguidance.html

If this is not how it's designed, i'll do more testing vanilla and using this MOD only.

You are probably looking for this: http://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/javelin.html

I know this has been said before (also by me) but its really becoming a problem:

The last game we had we had to cancel since nobody could interact with each other. Some could interacte with some. Some other could interact with different people. Some couldn't interact with anybody and there was one lucky guy who could interact with everybody.

Since it has been stated before we already tried to rejoin. It just made it worth or switched around with whom you can interact.

Is there anything that I can do wrong, that the interaction screws up so much?

Moon child you're describing a problem that was fixed between 3.0.0.3 and 3.0.1.0 could you provide more informations about your issue ? a RPT for example.

Moon child you're describing a problem that was fixed between 3.0.0.3 and 3.0.1.0 could you provide more informations about your issue ? a RPT for example.

Yeah I also expected that to be fixed within the last update. I try to gether 2-3 player today to create a new rpt. (I'll tell them to redownload Ace3 first. ^^)

I don't know if it has to do with AI not being supported yet, but when attempting to revive an unconscious AI, they do not get back up after their status says Alive/No Pain. Do I need a revive module down for them, or am I missing something? Oh, and using basic ACE medical.

Update on Singleplayer save file corruption. Isolated the problem to the optional compatibility pbos for rh, cup, asdg. Removing these allows uncorrupted saves.

Will try to isolate further to see if its just one or all of them.

B

**Problem is the compat_rh_pdw. But, its not a ACE3 problem, it was a BadLucky problem...

I had the old rh_pdw file without the hotfix. You must have the latest vers of rh_pdw or the corruption happens.

My apologies. Good work guys.

B

Edited by BadLucky1776

Okay now it gets kinda strange:

My group uses a mod called "Euroforce" by Indeedpete. (Its just a reskin)

So, now (after I redownloaded/installed ACE3) the interaction menu anymore.

I tested it only with ACE3, CBA and Euroforce enabled.

- Rifleman (NATO Faction) works finde

- Rifleman (EUROFORCE Faction) does not work (I only get the mouse curser (which I set up in the options) but no interactions). Vehicle Interactions still work. Interactions with others (I could only test AI).

-Rifleman (NATO Faction) with Euroforce uniforms works fine.

Why is that happen now? Its strange since it worked before. (I mean I can see that it might be because I redownloaded a fresh version of ACE3. I use Play withSix so expect, that the update there didn't worked!)

Hope somebody can help me!

Alright, I figured out the LGB stuff but I have a major complaint.

Right now, the way LGBs work is a person lases the target, and you just drop the bomb and it auto locks on and hits the target... as long as you drop the bomb in the right place.

This is unrealistic. The old vanilla system was more realistic than that...

In real life, An A-10C for example, will use the Targeting Pod (TGP) and will use the Search for Laser function (LSS) to find the laser based on the laser code so that the TGP will "Lock" onto the laser target. This allows the A-10C to use CCRP (Continuous Calculated Release Point) to let you know the best time to drop the bomb. The old system simulated that FAR better than what the game does now. Now I just sort of have to blind fire it and hope its right. Which is horrible because I have missed multiple times because I dont know when the right time is to drop the bomb.

Please go back to the old system, sadly it was more realistic.

Ever since the latest ACE update my team has reported incidents of being killed instantly after being shot, even with the 'prevent instant death' option enabled. Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks

Ever since the latest ACE update my team has reported incidents of being killed instantly after being shot, even with the 'prevent instant death' option enabled. Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks

Yes, same here. But turning on the "ace_medical_enableRevive" will fix this. Of course then it is nearly impossible to be killed, you will go to a wounded state regardless of damage done.

Noticed that if playing civilian (SP) there's no self interaction menu (you can see pointer when press self interact, but nothing else) even if you have medical items, explosives or misc stuff on you.

Alright, I figured out the LGB stuff but I have a major complaint.

Right now, the way LGBs work is a person lases the target, and you just drop the bomb and it auto locks on and hits the target... as long as you drop the bomb in the right place.

This is unrealistic. The old vanilla system was more realistic than that...

In real life, An A-10C for example, will use the Targeting Pod (TGP) and will use the Search for Laser function (LSS) to find the laser based on the laser code so that the TGP will "Lock" onto the laser target. This allows the A-10C to use CCRP (Continuous Calculated Release Point) to let you know the best time to drop the bomb. The old system simulated that FAR better than what the game does now. Now I just sort of have to blind fire it and hope its right. Which is horrible because I have missed multiple times because I dont know when the right time is to drop the bomb.

Please go back to the old system, sadly it was more realistic.

We plan to add a HUD framework and things like laser spot tracking.

That being said, because of the content in Arma 3 we have a limited subset of vehicles we can work on and implement features. If we make the assumption that the low-poly A-10 in vanilla (honestly don't even care to remember the name of that ugly thing) can be assumed to be a copy of the A-10C in functionality we will implement it then.

Otherwise in the future as we release more frameworks for mod makers to use, please ask them to support ACE and implement the improvements we have made to the game.

If you use ACE2 you know that this functionality was present in it, so just sit tight until then (bu do not expect us to implement it in other peoples mods on our own).

Moonchild it looks like the mod you're describing use an old skeleton model, ACE3 only support ARMA3 one, you can find a sample in arma3 tools samples.

To fix this issue, the best would be for you to contact pete and nicely ask him to fix it.

PS: after i'm done with the feature doc I'll start working on the feature doc.

We're getting a weird issue here - only Blufor units have the ACE self/other interaction menu.

If we play as Opfor/Civ we can't interact with other Opfor/Civs (not even ourselves). But walk up to a Blufor unit, and we can interact with him.

Are we missing something?

Edit: Btw, it seems to work fine in the Editor/SP, but not on a dedicated server.

Edited by MisterGoodson

We are having the exact same issue. My only guess is it has something to due with the latest CBA update which happened recently because ACE did not update. I did not have this occurance prior to CBA update.

We're getting a weird issue here - only Blufor units have the ACE self/other interaction menu.

If we play as Opfor/Civ we can't interact with other Opfor/Civs (not even ourselves). But walk up to a Blufor unit, and we can interact with him.

Are we missing something?

Edit: Btw, it seems to work fine in the Editor/SP, but not on a dedicated server.

Update on this:

I put a test mission on the dedicated server with the same modules as the mission with the problem, but with only some blufor and opfor units placed and absolutely nothing else, and opfor got the self interaction menus. So it must be something in the mission causing it. I have absolutely no idea what could cause such an issue though so don't know where to start.

I'm going to convert another TvT mission from AGM to ACE3 and see what happens, maybe it will help me narrow down the cause if it works.

Update 2:

Another TvT mission converted to ACE3 works fine and AAF guys get the menu, so I think it has to be a mission issue on the other one.

Edited by clydefrog

Moonchild it looks like the mod you're describing use an old skeleton model, ACE3 only support ARMA3 one, you can find a sample in arma3 tools samples.

To fix this issue, the best would be for you to contact pete and nicely ask him to fix it.

Thats strange...but I have to admit...I have no damn clue how that all works. I just going to report it to Pete. ^^

Thanks for your answer.

Noticed that if playing civilian (SP) there's no self interaction menu (you can see pointer when press self interact, but nothing else) even if you have medical items, explosives or misc stuff on you.

Same issue here, I was playing on a LAN-hosted MP lobby by myself as a Civilian unit and could not self interact, the mouse pointer would show up though.

The issue seems to be caused due to the CBA update...however since it's an ACE bug I figured I'd post it here.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

I still can't find the Friendly Fire settings under the ace_settings category in the config viewer and at this point I'm certain it wasn't included. :(

By the way, if all settings are set for ACE3 via the userconfig settings on a dedicated server, without any modules for ACE3 placed in the mission, will clients who do not have ACE3 be able to connect to the mission and play? Would any of the settings be applied to said clients without ACE3? I'd assume stuff involving the interaction menu and medical system wouldn't work, but what about stuff like grenade fragmentation or wind/weather/ballistics simulation? Would they still effect clients' grenades, tracers, and weather be effected by the ACE3 settings?

Okay now it gets kinda strange:

My group uses a mod called "Euroforce" by Indeedpete. (Its just a reskin)

So, now (after I redownloaded/installed ACE3) the interaction menu anymore.

I tested it only with ACE3, CBA and Euroforce enabled.

- Rifleman (NATO Faction) works finde

- Rifleman (EUROFORCE Faction) does not work (I only get the mouse curser (which I set up in the options) but no interactions). Vehicle Interactions still work. Interactions with others (I could only test AI).

-Rifleman (NATO Faction) with Euroforce uniforms works fine.

Why is that happen now? Its strange since it worked before. (I mean I can see that it might be because I redownloaded a fresh version of ACE3. I use Play withSix so expect, that the update there didn't worked!)

Hope somebody can help me!

Thats strange...but I have to admit...I have no damn clue how that all works. I just going to report it to Pete. ^^

Thanks for your answer.

Don't bother, it is your error probably. I dont have euroforce, but if its a reskin it should inherit properly from base config and should work with ACE3 without issues. And since its a reskin it cant be any skeleton spooky problem. You people that don't know what the hell are you talking about shouldn't talk. Especially if high on caffeine and dopamine. Also :yay:

PS: If you have any issues or you think you found a bug, its better to report it on ISSUE TRACKER, cause forum is just the place to inform people about things not track and troubleshoot them.

I still can't find the Friendly Fire settings under the ace_settings category in the config viewer and at this point I'm certain it wasn't included. :(

By the way, if all settings are set for ACE3 via the userconfig settings on a dedicated server, without any modules for ACE3 placed in the mission, will clients who do not have ACE3 be able to connect to the mission and play? Would any of the settings be applied to said clients without ACE3? I'd assume stuff involving the interaction menu and medical system wouldn't work, but what about stuff like grenade fragmentation or wind/weather/ballistics simulation? Would they still effect clients' grenades, tracers, and weather be effected by the ACE3 settings?

Have you placed the module on the map is SP editor before trying to export? Its not included by default.

They will unless you include Require module in your server settings. Nothing from ACE3 will affect them and will probably have errors. To be on the safe side, use modules in your missions for now. Settings framework is kinda buggy at places. So to say at least.

Edited by _MaSSive

FYI

CBA RC7 messes up the interaction menus in Vanilla A3 campaign.

Tested with Vanilla A3, CBA & ACE3

Issue: Using interaction or self interaction keys will produced the interaction mouse pointer, but there are no selection options either in the new rotary style or list style

Have tested with a variety of user made missions, campaigns, & vanilla A3 campaigns. Only the vanilla A3 Campaigns have the problem.

The problem is only present with CBA RC7 (updated this morning). Upon rolling back to RC6 the problem disappears and the interaction menus work normally.

B

FYI

CBA RC7 messes up the interaction menus in Vanilla A3 campaign.

Tested with Vanilla A3, CBA & ACE3

Issue: Using interaction or self interaction keys will produced the interaction mouse pointer, but there are no selection options either in the new rotary style or list style

Have tested with a variety of user made missions, campaigns, & vanilla A3 campaigns. Only the vanilla A3 Campaigns have the problem.

The problem is only present with CBA RC7 (updated this morning). Upon rolling back to RC6 the problem disappears and the interaction menus work normally.

B

I'm having pretty much the exact same problem with a mission I've made (post on last page) except it seems to work ok for Blufor but nobody else. Anyways since a few people are reporting this and saying it was fine before the CBA update I think it's quite safe to say it's not the missions causing the problem. However I did test another mission I'd made and that did seem to work.