acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

I like how the fall function works, especially falling forward since it wasn't implemented before. Is it possible to do a falling on the back animation in futrue, from (nonlethal) blasts in front for example?

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110417092036/callofduty/images/3/3d/AdvancedRookie_Nuketown_soldier_blown_away_by_explosion.png (1523 kB)

@vezer0 tell your clanmate to delete @ACE3 and redownload it, his .dll are probably not up to date.

@Pulstar it's possible, but it would look silly because BI handles animation in a... weird way

the fall over feature is pretty much (you took enough damage while running ? GO PRONE BITCH) it works well because they are BIs animations and there's a prone animation for each weapon type and position. For the feature you described to work you would need to have an animation for each position and each weapontype which makes it a pain in the ass to make

@vezer0 tell your clanmate to delete @ACE3 and redownload it, his .dll are probably not up to date.

That's the first thing we did. I even gave him the updated links as well. No luck.

Hello,

I would like to know what is the purpose of the "revive setting" module, do i have to use it beside the medical module?? Do i have to turn it on?

Anyone know how to get laser designators to work now? I have an A-10 with GBU-12s, and people using the NATO Laser Designator, but I can't lock onto the laser when using the GBUs. I tried R, T, and holding Tab. Cannot lock onto anything with LGBs.

I may be in over my head here, but I am looking on how to have a player and/or AI become unconscious and able to be revived via the HUD. Currently, every time the player or AI takes damage, they die (ie. PlayerName_X has been killed) and respawn at the end of the timer.

Hey guys. Wanted my first post in the forums to be thanking the mod creators for putting this project together. This mod completes my Arma experience and the game would not be the same without ACE!

The settings look fine. If you can provide me with more information on the issues you are experiencing I will be able to help you out better.

I'm back with additional info. Looks like the problem was between screen and backrest - the unpreparedness and self overestimation of some players has led to these false reports, everything is and was working fine. ;) I found that the Surgical Kit hasn't any function yet though, could that be right?

I may be in over my head here, but I am looking on how to have a player and/or AI become unconscious and able to be revived via the HUD. Currently, every time the player or AI takes damage, they die (ie. PlayerName_X has been killed) and respawn at the end of the timer.

In order to have these functions, you have to either place the revive settings module, enable it and set a timer or use the settings framework to do the same if you can't or don't want to place modules.

Anyone know how to get laser designators to work now? I have an A-10 with GBU-12s, and people using the NATO Laser Designator, but I can't lock onto the laser when using the GBUs. I tried R, T, and holding Tab. Cannot lock onto anything with LGBs.

It look like only the Blackfoot helicapter can lock on targets with ace laser. so no chance with a-10 (?!)

look here : github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/addons/laser/CfgVehicles.hpp

I'm back with additional info. Looks like the problem was between screen and backrest - the unpreparedness and self overestimation of some players has led to these false reports, everything is and was working fine. ;) I found that the Surgical Kit hasn't any function yet though, could that be right?

In order to have these functions, you have to either place the revive settings module, enable it and set a timer or use the settings framework to do the same if you can't or don't want to place modules.

I have the revive module set to "disable" but the medical system is still working, my teamates are able to "revive" througt the medical system. So what is the purpose of this module if i turn it on ?

I have the revive module set to "disable" but the medical system is still working, my teamates are able to "revive" througt the medical system. So what is the purpose of this module if i turn it on ?

If a player receives more damage than the damage threshold, he automatically dies - even if preventInstaDeath is set to 1. With the revive module you can set a timer so the other players have time to aid the wounded player even if he got more damage than the threshold.

If a player receives more damage than the damage threshold, he automatically dies - even if preventInstaDeath is set to 1. With the revive module you can set a timer so the other players have time to aid the wounded player even if he got more damage than the threshold.

Ok thanks a lot !

I'm not sure will ACE do this or not Or Did already in ARMA2 ACE but will they make Vehicle ammo to item so we can carry or place in the vehicle just like Men of War? i mean it's a bit sad that hard to reload static or vehicle ammo in vanila unless you are near the supply container, will they make a specific item for this?

It look like only the Blackfoot helicapter can lock on targets with ace laser. so no chance with a-10 (?!)

look here : github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/addons/laser/CfgVehicles.hpp

So, essentially all of the laser designators have been replaced with an ACE version, and basically breaks any 3rd party aircraft that relies on laser designation?

First of all, thank you very much for giving us ACE3. This takes the simulation experience a far step beyond.

Here are some questions regarding the Advanced Ballistics module:

Can we still change the zero on the sight like we could before, by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+UP/DOWN keys? I can't manage to do it.

Did you remove the parallax adjustment feature?

How can I know the latitude from maps like Altis? I can't get into the binary file "config".

Is there any chance in the future to get spin drift, Coriolis and Eötvos effects to be calculated by the AtragMX like the real one does? AFAIK this feature is not yet available.

Can we still change the zero on the sight like we could before, by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+UP/DOWN keys? I can't manage to do it.
No, but you can change the scope zero in the interaction menu (equipment -> "Set zero range").
Did you remove the parallax adjustment feature?
Yes.
How can I know the latitude from maps like Altis?
Google Maps or this file: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/addons/weather/functions/fnc_getMapData.sqf#L17-L37
Is there any chance in the future to get spin drift, Coriolis and Eötvos effects to be calculated by the AtragMX like the real one does? AFAIK this feature is not yet available.
All of this is already implemented.

Does anyone know if there is a way of having setgroup i.d., with blue force tracking on ? BFT seems to over write setgroup i.d. anyone else come across this and find a work around ?

Thanks

one adding ACE3 to A3 Wasteland, I added the modules but when I fired up the test server, the hearing gave the ringing but you did not lose your hearing, the building objects could not be interacted with, and vehicles did not cook off. Any suggestions? Here are the RPT files on Pastebin.

Server RPT

Client RPT

Edited by LinuxMaster9

As an suggestion going back to ACE 2, with the 2 back slots, is it possible to make the launcher slot able to house another firearm or perhaps an crew served weapon piece?

I've been setting up my ACE userconfig and have most of the settings working, but I can't seem to find the setting for the friendly fire module. Has it not been added to the settings list yet or am I blind?

Heads up. ACE3 v3.01 is corrupting single player save files. Just verified with 4 different mission files and A3 campaign using only Vanilla A3, CBA and ACE3.

Not sure which pbo it is, but I have a feeling it is the interaction pbo. Have tried isolating the individual pbo's and couldn't get a non-corrupted savefile until all were removed. When removing the interaction pbo I got an immediate "outdated interaction file found" error and the missions would load at all.

The moment you remove all files ACE3 v3.01 files all games can save, load or resume from main menu. Also rolled back to ACE3 v3.00 and the save file corruption does not happen.

Hope that helps.

B

As an suggestion going back to ACE 2, with the 2 back slots, is it possible to make the launcher slot able to house another firearm or perhaps an crew served weapon piece?

They tried it but it doesn't work as well in Arma 3 because of the engine.

hi

i have a mod with custom back bag inside it 2 first aid kit i notiest that ace3 remove them from the bag

could ace3 exchange somthing equivalent to first aid kit like morphine or something like that when it see it

---------- Post added at 08:20 ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 ----------

They tried it but it doesn't work as well in Arma 3 because of the engine.

may be if you put the firearm in a custom backbag then make interaction with key buttun to swap bettween the main firearm in the first slot and the one in the bag

without going to inventory

So, essentially all of the laser designators have been replaced with an ACE version, and basically breaks any 3rd party aircraft that relies on laser designation?

I don't know but I think so... for sure: GBU locking with A-10/Wipout isn't functionable... even no vanilla locking ... https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/1363