acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Damn, it's time to reinstall Arma 3..

Great work.

I guess you hate BIS then? The SteamWorkshop is the only official tool. It helps make things easy for NEW and CURRENT players.

I think you both need to take your issues outside the thread. The first post of this whole thing was already too offtopic...

Perhaps independently of this thread, the github shall continue and prosper in its development of the mod.

Personally, I've grown fond of ACE3, despite having a more futuristic position towards interaction than its preceding versions.

What some in this thread forget is that shortcuts exist not only to make the process more streamlined but also simpler. Opening doors is significantly less cumbersome than it was/is with the action menu. The same goes for tapping shoulders. A suggestion I put forth in this post is that gestures could also have shortcuts so as to make them easier to access/perform.

gestures could also have shortcuts so as to make them easier to access/perform.

Yes please.

So, considering that we can not play with stock ACE due to the huge FPS drops, can you tell me what we can do to try to mitigate the performance hit ACE has?

Disabling certain PBO's, and avoiding using certain mechanics? PLEASE I want to use ACE :)

So we've tried ACE, and everyone saw SEVERE fps drops. Has anyone else noticed that?

Like we went from 60 to 20, and other from 30 to 5. Unplayable :(

So, considering that we can not play with stock ACE due to the huge FPS drops, can you tell me what we can do to try to mitigate the performance hit ACE has?

We can't help without more information. Dedicated server? Type of mission? Modset? Player count? RPT logs?

There is most likely something very wrong with your setup if your FPS drop from 30 to 5 with stock ACE3.

We can't help without more information. Dedicated server? Type of mission? Modset? Player count? RPT logs?

There is most likely something very wrong with your setup if your FPS drop from 30 to 5 with stock ACE3.

Hey! Thanks for the attention.

We are running a dedicated server. The dedi runs at a steady 45-50FPS. The network bandwidth is 800kilo bytes per second, and there's about 6 of us. The mission we are running is basically a heavily scripted AI spawner. It keeps spawning units in a radius around us and giving them patrol/move orders.

Specifically, the mission is http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?190421-co10-Escape&p=2910415

The mission spawns server side AI. The clients (players) only shoot. There's about 200 units spawned at any one time, but only about 20 inside 500m of the player. As far as I know there's no heavy client side scripts running mission wise. The scripts are tort's weather, a revive script (I think it's Farooq's Revive) and some other asssorted scripts, like drone hack and other small things.

The clients are running are:

@CBA_A3;@ace;@st_stamina_bar;@Blastcore-A3-Phoenix;@ASDG_JR;@hlcmods;@sthud;@PsyLandRover

The server runs:

@CBA_A3;@ace;@ASR_AI3;@ASDG_JR;@hlcmods;@bCombat;@PsyLandRover;@sthud

I have tried investigating this finding the problem myself, but with my limited arma knowledge I couldn't find the solution.

Things that might be important: we were running AGM when we player back on the 1.32-6 builds. AGM ran fine and we got playable FPS. I had about 40, and the person with the problematic PC had "playable" fps (I don't have hard data sadly). Also it may be of interest that we didn't have the agm medical system enabled, but now with ACE we had. I also removed quite a few of the AGM components, if you think it might help pinpoint the issue I'd be glad to list them all, but at this moment I will not because I would need to download agm and manually check. :) (we had a couple months long arma pause now, so we are back with 1.44 :) )

Another interesting thing was that before the mission starts all players are flagged as prisoners, and the enemy AI ignores us. At this time, everyone had nice stable FPS (but much lower than stock. A player reported going from 80 to 40 even at this point). When we picked up our equipment and started shooting at the enemy the FPS dropped severely. And the person with the slowest computer reported huge (6 second) delays when opening the inventory. And severe stuttering. (stable fps at about 15-20 and then a 3second long freeze when he tried aiming down the sights or doing other things)

In the mission editor I played down the ACE medical system and selected it to be basic. I also placed down Advanced ballistics, hearing, interactions and weather.

An observation I made was that despite of me enabling the interactions (team management) there was no option to select a fireteam by color, or infact choose to become a team leader. Also missing from the interactions menu was the entire interactions submenu, so when aiming at a dead AI or a live teammate and using the ACE menu I didn't get the options to check inventory, carry, drag and I didn't get the option to diagnose. These things did work when I was testing the mission solo. (using the dedi server)

My thoughts: maybe there were some conflicts with the mission scripts, such as revive and tort's weather?

Here's the rpt file from the session with lags.

uploaded to dbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/os3rpvztzxhcxlv/arma3_2015-05-23_21-06-55.rpt?dl=0

and on pastebin

http://pastebin.com/bT6CvzR4

Please do respond. If we could find a solution that'd be really awesome because your mod is just the best thing ever. :)

Hey! Thanks for the attention.

We are running a dedicated server. The dedi runs at a steady 45-50FPS. The network bandwidth is 800kilo bytes per second, and there's about 6 of us. The mission we are running is basically a heavily scripted AI spawner. It keeps spawning units in a radius around us and giving them patrol/move orders.

Specifically, the mission is http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?190421-co10-Escape&p=2910415

The mission spawns server side AI. The clients (players) only shoot. There's about 200 units spawned at any one time, but only about 20 inside 500m of the player. As far as I know there's no heavy client side scripts running mission wise. The scripts are tort's weather, a revive script (I think it's Farooq's Revive) and some other asssorted scripts, like drone hack and other small things.

The clients are running are:

@CBA_A3;@ace;@st_stamina_bar;@Blastcore-A3-Phoenix;@ASDG_JR;@hlcmods;@sthud;@PsyLandRover

The server runs:

@CBA_A3;@ace;@ASR_AI3;@ASDG_JR;@hlcmods;@bCombat;@PsyLandRover;@sthud

I have tried investigating this finding the problem myself, but with my limited arma knowledge I couldn't find the solution.

Things that might be important: we were running AGM when we player back on the 1.32-6 builds. AGM ran fine and we got playable FPS. I had about 40, and the person with the problematic PC had "playable" fps (I don't have hard data sadly). Also it may be of interest that we didn't have the agm medical system enabled, but now with ACE we had. I also removed quite a few of the AGM components, if you think it might help pinpoint the issue I'd be glad to list them all, but at this moment I will not because I would need to download agm and manually check. :) (we had a couple months long arma pause now, so we are back with 1.44 :) )

Another interesting thing was that before the mission starts all players are flagged as prisoners, and the enemy AI ignores us. At this time, everyone had nice stable FPS (but much lower than stock. A player reported going from 80 to 40 even at this point). When we picked up our equipment and started shooting at the enemy the FPS dropped severely. And the person with the slowest computer reported huge (6 second) delays when opening the inventory. And severe stuttering. (stable fps at about 15-20 and then a 3second long freeze when he tried aiming down the sights or doing other things)

In the mission editor I played down the ACE medical system and selected it to be basic. I also placed down Advanced ballistics, hearing, interactions and weather.

An observation I made was that despite of me enabling the interactions (team management) there was no option to select a fireteam by color, or infact choose to become a team leader. Also missing from the interactions menu was the entire interactions submenu, so when aiming at a dead AI or a live teammate and using the ACE menu I didn't get the options to check inventory, carry, drag and I didn't get the option to diagnose. These things did work when I was testing the mission solo. (using the dedi server)

My thoughts: maybe there were some conflicts with the mission scripts, such as revive and tort's weather?

Here's the rpt file from the session with lags.

uploaded to dbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/os3rpvztzxhcxlv/arma3_2015-05-23_21-06-55.rpt?dl=0

and on pastebin

http://pastebin.com/bT6CvzR4

Please do respond. If we could find a solution that'd be really awesome because your mod is just the best thing ever. :)

I can confirm this thing,same thing happening on our clan server, yesterday we did a test on a Kunduz map,with ACE 3 and ALIVE running,the mission was unplayable, than we wanted to see is it maybe the map issue,and launched same mission but with AGM modules and stuff worked fine,with playable fps.

And please revise the 3D menu,it is realy hard to work trough it when you have a lot of medical stuf,me like a medic in a squad it is real hard to find arms and legs because menu is opening and all those options are all around the character,so if i want to switch on other part of the body it is realy hard.

Veeery nice. Which of the old ACE1 and ACE2 devs are still on board?

Is there a function to restore to full health? I'm writing a script and I'd love to know. Or if there is a function page that'd be great too.

Something alike ACE2's [_caller,0] call ace_sys_wounds_fnc_heal; would be nice.

Afaik setdamage 0 does not work.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Is there a function to restore to full health? I'm writing a script and I'd love to know. Or if there is a function page that'd be great too.

Something alike ACE2's [_caller,0] call ace_sys_wounds_fnc_heal; would be nice.

Afaik setdamage 0 does not work.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

You could use the following:

[CALLER, TARGET] call ace_medical_fnc_treatmentAdvanced_fullHealLocal;

This should work for both basic and advanced. You could use ObjNull for the caller.

Mind you that we do not promise this function will remain or keep the same interface. Changes to this will not be listed in changelogs. So use it at your own risk. It may not be available in future updates.

We will provide a public interface for these kind of things in the future.

Oure server runs smooth with ace3 and alive

You could use the following:

[CALLER, TARGET] call ace_medical_fnc_treatmentAdvanced_fullHealLocal;

This should work for both basic and advanced. You could use ObjNull for the caller.

Mind you that we do not promise this function will remain or keep the same interface. Changes to this will not be listed in changelogs. So use it at your own risk. It may not be available in future updates.

We will provide a public interface for these kind of things in the future.

Much thanks, I'll be able to tell if this stops working in the future ;)

Kind regards,

Sanchez

would someone please take a look at this mission and tell me what files I need to edit and what I need to look for in order to merge ACE3 into the mission? I want to replace the medical system in the mission with ACE medical. I want to make it as seemless a merger as possible. I edit scripts but don't have the knowledge to write them yet. I asked the mission devs and they have ignored me.

https://github.com/KRDucky/ArmA3_Wasteland.Altis

So how does laser designation work now? I am flying the A-10A from the USAF pack with GBU-12s. My friends are using the NATO Laser Designator, and I don't seem able to lock onto the laser for my GBUs, and they don't auto lock when I release them. I tried reading through this thread and the wiki docs, but I can't seem to find the answer..

I've got a problem: I've set up my missions with the settings framework and included the class ACE_Settings in my description.ext with the following medical settings (among the other settings), but it seems like players have certain functions from the advanced and certain functions from the basic system. CPR seems to be disabled, even though the patients die from cardiac arrest and whatnot.

Is there maybe any error in my settings or is there anything missing?

class ace_medical_level {
   value = 2;
   typeName = "SCALAR";
   force = 1;
};
class ace_medical_medicSetting {
   value = 2;
   typeName = "SCALAR";
   force = 1;
};
class ace_medical_enableFor {
   value = 0;
   typeName = "SCALAR";
   force = 1;
};
class ace_medical_enableOverdosing {
   value = 1;
   typeName = "BOOL";
   force = 1;
};
class ace_medical_bleedingCoefficient {
   value = 0.4;
   typeName = "SCALAR";
   force = 1;
};
class ace_medical_painCoefficient {
   value = 0.8;
   typeName = "SCALAR";
   force = 1;
};
class ace_medical_enableAirway {
   value = 0;
   typeName = "BOOL";
   force = 1;
};
class ace_medical_enableFractures {
   value = 0;
   typeName = "BOOL";
   force = 1;
};
class ace_medical_enableAdvancedWounds {
   value = 0;
   typeName = "BOOL";
   force = 1;
};
class ace_medical_enableVehicleCrashes {
   value = 1;
   typeName = "BOOL";
   force = 1;
};
class ace_medical_enableScreams {
   value = 0;
   typeName = "BOOL";
   force = 1;
};
class ace_medical_playerDamageThreshold {
   value = 1;
   typeName = "SCALAR";
   force = 1;
};
class ace_medical_AIDamageThreshold {
   value = 0.8;
   typeName = "SCALAR";
   force = 1;
};
class ace_medical_enableUnconsciousnessAI {
   value = 0;
   typeName = "SCALAR";
   force = 1;
};
class ace_medical_preventInstaDeath {
   value = 1;
   typeName = "BOOL";
   force = 1;
};
class ace_medical_enableRevive {
   value = 1;
   typeName = "SCALAR";
   force = 1;
};
class ace_medical_maxReviveTime {
   value = 600;
   typeName = "SCALAR";
   force = 1;
};
class ace_medical_amountOfReviveLives {
   value = -1;
   typeName = "SCALAR";
   force = 1;
};
class ace_medical_allowDeadBodyMovement {
   value = 0;
   typeName = "BOOL";
   force = 1;
};
class ace_medical_allowLitterCreation {
   value = 1;
   typeName = "BOOL";
   force = 1;
};
class ace_medical_litterCleanUpDelay {
   value = 720;
   typeName = "SCALAR";
   force = 1;
};
class ace_medical_medicSetting_PAK {
   value = 1;
   typeName = "SCALAR";
   force = 1;
};
class ace_medical_medicSetting_SurgicalKit {
   value = 1;
   typeName = "SCALAR";
   force = 1;
};
class ace_medical_consumeItem_PAK {
   value = 1;
   typeName = "SCALAR";
   force = 1;
};
class ace_medical_consumeItem_SurgicalKit {
   value = 1;
   typeName = "SCALAR";
   force = 1;
};
class ace_medical_useLocation_PAK {
   value = 0;
   typeName = "SCALAR";
   force = 1;
};
class ace_medical_useLocation_SurgicalKit {
   value = 3;
   typeName = "SCALAR";
   force = 1;
};
class ace_medical_keepLocalSettingsSynced {
   value = 1;
   typeName = "BOOL";
   force = 1;
};
class ace_medical_healHitPointAfterAdvBandage {
   value = 1;
   typeName = "BOOL";
   force = 1;
};
class ace_medical_allowUnconsciousAnimationOnTreatment {
   value = 0;
   typeName = "BOOL";
   force = 1;
};
class ace_medical_moveUnitsFromGroupOnUnconscious {
   value = 0;
   typeName = "BOOL";
   force = 1;
};
class ace_medical_menuTypeStyle {
   value = 0;
   typeName = "SCALAR";
   force = 1;
};

but it seems like players have certain functions from the advanced and certain functions from the basic system

Could you elaborate? The treatment functionality for basic and advanced is mutual exclusive.

Could you elaborate? The treatment functionality for basic and advanced is mutual exclusive.

That's what I thought too. But players who played with other communities before and therefore other settings for the advanced system told me that they didn't get the option to use CPR on units that needed CPR - unfortunately I can only rely on hearsay here. But could you take a look at the settings and tell me if I'm missing out on something here? These are alle the ace_medical_*-settings I've got in my class ACE_Settings.

That's what I thought too. But players who played with other communities before and therefore other settings for the advanced system told me that they didn't get the option to use CPR on units that needed CPR - unfortunately I can only rely on hearsay here. But could you take a look at the settings and tell me if I'm missing out on something here? These are alle the ace_medical_*-settings I've got in my class ACE_Settings.

The settings look fine. If you can provide me with more information on the issues you are experiencing I will be able to help you out better.

The settings look fine. If you can provide me with more information on the issues you are experiencing I will be able to help you out better.

I'll try to reproduce the issues my players reported, then I'll come back to you. But thank you already! :) If it happens to be a bug, i'll see to it that you'll get a regular ticket on your feedback tracker.

Believe this is a known issue, I know I've seen an issue on github about something like this but can't track down the link.

I get you now, well you can just check the following variable:

ace_medical_level

nil - disabled

0 - disabled

1 - basic

2 - advanced

If you need to check for other modules too, take a look at their respective ACE_Settings config entries (you can generally just check ACE_Settings.hpp in their addon folder). The ACE settings framework turns the subclasses of that class into global variables containing the setting.

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: Just to be sure, as I am not finding this variable in the whole pbo:

serverInit:

hayACE = false;

if (!isNil "ace_medical_level") then

{

if (ace_medical_level != 0) then {hayACE = true; publicVariable "hayACE"};

};

playerInit:

if (!hayACE) then {[player] call initRevive};

Correct?

Edited by barbolani

@belbo the settings are to be placed in arma3\userconfig\ace3\serverconfig.hpp you also need the server pbo moved from ace\optionals to ace\addons simply place the export config module press escape and export.

the way you did it "can" work but a human error can happen.

Edited by alganthe

-snip-

Looks good. you won't find it in the PBO because:

A) It's using macros (so the full string doesn't appear as a classname it'll be "GVAR(level)")

B) The settings framework is what turns it into a variable

@belbo the settings are to be placed in arma3\userconfig\ace3\serverconfig.hpp you also need the server pbo moved from ace\optionals to ace\addons simply place the export config module press escape and export.

the way you did it "can" work but a human error can happen.

I know. We use the serverconfig.hpp but it's settings are not being forced. The mission builders can force the settings themselves with the mission's config file. The settings I posted are the same though as they are in the serverconfig.hpp and they stem from the export by the config module.

Congrats on the update. Quick question: Just wondering if we will be seeing* invisible targets in ACE3? They were a great feature in ACE2, and added a lot of options for indirect fire of AI etc.

(*No pun intended ;))

Hi, I am wondering if anyone gotten this problem with the mod. One of my clan mates is having trouble joining us when we play missions with ACE in it. He would receive a pop-up error message saying ACE_clipboard.dll is missing. Once he close the error message, it kicks him back out to the character selection screen. When he rejoins, the error message appears and then kicks him out.

He has the ACE dll files in his @ACE folder. He tried downloading the mod. Ran a game file verfication through steam. Nothing worked. He still get the error when he tries to get to ACE testing map in straits with just @cba_a3 and @ACE enabled only. He is the only person in my clan that is having this issue. I hope if there is a solution so we don't need to single him out in our Arma events because he can't join us.