acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Hey guys, anyone managed to enable the defusal and interaction on Mines placed by the Editor? As far as I'm aware the only mines you can defuse with ACE3 is the ones placed by the player themselves, which sort of turns Mines into quite the uninteresting weapon.

Does anyone know how to fix the mines so I might be able to use them in my Coop missions? Great stuff so far honestly, can't wait for more features!

Cheers

"I want to enable advanced ballistics and disable ace_weather."

Go in the editor, place modules (F7 iirc) you require. You don't need the userconfig unless you're doing server configuration.

Thanks. I'd like to use the userconfig. Because I have ACE3 also loaded with user missions. So it seems turning on/off modules is not possible then?

BTW, I placed "Ace weather" module in the editor and turned ace_weather and weather propagation of. Then ingame I set wind to 35 m/s via setwind array. Trees are not moving. Hmm.

Edited by tortuosit

BTW, I placed "Ace weather" module in the editor and turned ace_weather and weather propagation of. Then ingame I set wind to 35 m/s via setwind array. Trees are not moving. Hmm.
Disable every module option in the weather module if you want to use the setWind command in singleplayer.

Disable every module option in the weather module if you want to use the setWind command in singleplayer.

Thanks Ruthberg, it works.

Still most important for me, can I disable weather without using Editor modules, i.e. when I play user missions? And if it is done with the userconfig file, where does it have to be placed and where do I find the config entries? What are the defaults which get overridden then? Because e.g., I read, with just loading ACE, advanced ballistics is not active.

Can somebody offer me some insight into how the new zeroing works? All the bullets are landing waay of the zeroed mark.

It even seems like the ACE zeroing is not zeroed to 0meters but is zeroed to wherever the scope was zeroed by default. So for example if the DEFAULT HUD ZEROING SAYS 300M and I use ACE zeroing to set for 200M the bullets hit on 500M instead of 200Meters. Is this correct?

https://i.imgur.com/qFs780X.jpg

In this random arma 3 image, in the upper right hand corner it says 100m. This is the zeroign I am talking about. So do I need to use ACE3 zeroing to ADD meters to that DEFAULT zeroing? So for example on this image, if I wanted to hit a target at 500m, would I need to set the ACE3 zeroing to 400m?

Wow, this is very well done, only hard to find. A bit unclear to me: On a client only, do I have to load the serverconfig.pbo and use the serverconfig.hpp with my pasted settings?

EDIT: It works. I think this is the way and Single Players will not easily find it. So I describe in detail below:

==========================================================

Define persistent ACE settings for single player without having to use editor modules every time:

1. Start ArmA with @ace. Make your settings (and copy to clipboard) as described in http://ace3mod.com/wiki/framework/settings.html#3.1-getting-all-the-settings!

Then exit ArmA. You only do this once.

2. Copy folder "c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@ace\optionals\userconfig\ace\" INTO FOLDER"c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\"

3. Copy file "c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@ace\optionals\ace_server.pbo" INTO ADDON FOLDER "c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@ace\addons\"

4. Paste your clipboard contents from 1. into the file: "c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\ace\serverconfig.hpp" (Fire up an editor)

5. Start ArmA again and *tadaaa* all ACE settings are already as desired.

==========================================================

Edited by tortuosit

Soo i have a suggestion for the next Update. It would be very nice if you coud Make the CMS a bit more realistic because if you are a Medic you have to keep about 2000 Bandages for your mates and about 6000 Litres of Saline and so on. May you coud decrease the ammount of medic stuff you need as a medic. Just a suggestion

That's literally what I said I did. Its a warfare field hospital with the module synced to it. Medic doesn't get the PAK option.

That's how I do. Also, check that you have the following settings on the Advaced Medical Settings module:

Allow PAK: medics

Locations PAK:"Vehicles & facility" or "Facility"

For me, it works.

Soo i have a suggestion for the next Update. It would be very nice if you coud Make the CMS a bit more realistic because if you are a Medic you have to keep about 2000 Bandages for your mates and about 6000 Litres of Saline and so on. May you coud decrease the ammount of medic stuff you need as a medic. Just a suggestion

Tell your mates to get shot less.

The only way to disable the ace_ai module is to remove the ace_ai.pbo.

Is it possible to do a middle ground between Basic and Advanced medical? I want to add this to Wasteland while keeping it in a nice middle ground between arcade and realism. In other words, make the medical system 'advanced' but not off-putting for casuals. My idea is to merge the paramedic and medic class and make the CFR a casual 'medic'. A not as hard core medic. While the more serious injuries would be handled by the medics. Something like selective advanced medical features?

Also, what is the status on climbing over walls and rappelling?

Tell your mates to get shot less.

Even if one person is gettin shot you need to much. What I said doesnt mean that you need to much for a entire Platoon, I mean even for one person is a bit to much

If by any chance you noticed that the ace3 development slowed down, you're not wrong.

WITCHER 3 mwhahahahahah.

If by any chance you noticed that the ace3 development slowed down, you're not wrong.

WITCHER 3 mwhahahahahah.

Everybody else is also busy playing it so nobody noticed. Now you made me notice it... Too bad I got a wraith contract to finish.

Seriously though, like everyone said before the initial release: Take all time you need in ACE 3, nobody is pushing you and with Wild Hunt's release and E3 approaching we got a lot of things to distract us ;).

Edited by 654wak654

I was doing the documentation but that was before I took a witcher in the knee.

hey guys im amazed you guys are still going great job just wondering and i may be a bit stupid here, but how do i set the troops up so they can carry/drag injured troops to cover? ive not seen them do this yet so wondering if im missing something, THanks :)

So we've tried ACE, and everyone saw SEVERE fps drops. Has anyone else noticed that?

Like we went from 60 to 20, and other from 30 to 5. Unplayable :(

Did they change how planes lock onto ground targets? my friend is a cas pilot in arma and hes saying he cant lock on to lazed targest anymore with this (the plane documentation dosent mention anything)

Yes, lasing LGBs is as in ACE2, you can't lock on. I'm sure someone will explain the correct steps nicely...

The only way to disable the ace_ai module is to remove the ace_ai.pbo.

Thanks for the reply. Will there be an option at one point to use configuration settings to disable these as opposed to removing pbos?

So we've tried ACE, and everyone saw SEVERE fps drops. Has anyone else noticed that?

Like we went from 60 to 20, and other from 30 to 5. Unplayable :(

Yes, it seems like everyone has a drop in performance with ACE3, however it isn't as bad as it once was.

Does anyone know if there is a wakeup time that can be edited for ACE3 basic medical, similar to how it was for AGM? It seems you can't automatically wakeup like you could in AGM.

Thanks for the reply. Will there be an option at one point to use configuration settings to disable these as opposed to removing pbos?

They're config entries so it'd be impossible without some serious work arounds

again my question

the agm fast ropping command will continue in ACE3 ?

agm fastroping =1

coords......

thanks and regards