acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Please make a bug report including rtp, settings and optionally(preferably) a short video showing what is happening. I'd like to resolve this asap.

Glowbal, sorry dude, got to lower my head in shame on this one. USER ERROR.

So... i opened the mission me and my friend were testing last night and i think i found the "culprit" for why the enemy wasnt dying.

I had put "Ai Damage" at ".5" during testing.

However it seems i didnt type the "." So Ai damage was set to "5" ... pretty much making them as strong as the terminator, predator, and robocop combined.

In further testing things seem to be functioning properly and i am at fault. Sorry about that. :j:

Is there a way to add self interaction menu entries as it was with AGM?

agm code

_fixVanillaDamage = ["Fix Vanilla Damage", {true}, {player setDamage 0;}, true] call AGM_Interaction_fnc_addInteractionSelf;

can i ask you what means "not supported with the new Arma 3 Launcher?"

...I read this here http://ace3mod.com/wiki/user/installation-guide.html

You suggest Arma3Sync??

It says: "Steam Launch Parameters" are not supported with the new Launcher. That was a pre-Launcher method to tell Steam that it should launch the game with those parameters added.

ACE3 works perfectly fine with the Arma Launcher (as explained in http://ace3mod.com/wiki/user/installation-guide.html#3.-installation-guide)

Edited by bux578

agm code

_fixVanillaDamage = ["Fix Vanilla Damage", {true}, {player setDamage 0;}, true] call AGM_Interaction_fnc_addInteractionSelf;

Maybe substitute 'AGM_Interaction_fnc_addInteractionSelf' with 'ACE_Interaction_fnc_addInteractionSelf'? But that is a complete guess.

yeah tried that already unfortunately. hope this gets re implemented, coz its a great way to deal with the 'vanilla damage' bug as players can sort it out themselves while not interfering with the actual med system.

one question

the agm fast ropping will continue in ACE3 ?

because many helos have the config embeded in cpp

thanks and regards

I maybe have more stupid question, but is there a way to enable the advance ballistics ONLY for Sniper (meaning, someone using a sniper rifle).

I get the feeling that advance ballistics is the cause of the stuttering and micro lags on my server!

(If not, you have an Idea what it could be. This behaviour first started when we added ACE3 to our server!)

agm code

fixVanillaDamage = ['VanillaFixDamage','Fix Vanilla Damage','',{player setDamage 0},{_target == player},{}] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;
[player, 1, ["ACE_SelfActions"], fixVanillaDamage] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToClass;

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/addons/interact_menu/functions/fnc_createAction.sqf

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/addons/interact_menu/functions/fnc_addActionToClass.sqf

Not tested but should work.

Edited by _MaSSive

I get the feeling that advance ballistics is the cause of the stuttering and micro lags on my server!
Advanced Ballistics is disabled by default. And it never runs on the server. Only on the clients.

If you run dedicated login as admin with #login yourAdminPassword and then use #monitor NN ( where NN ) is number of seconds. It will display server FPS and will tell you if server is under load. If it shows anything above 20 its fine. Mine is usually at 45-46 even with Advanced Ballistics enabled. AB runs extension which is ran on client only and can cause client to suffer from FPS lag and stuttering in certain scenarios.

Post your module config.

I know about tht, and the Server FPS and Headless Client FPS are between 45-48. Still the stuttering is there.

I to be honest, use more or less the standard module configs.

You thinkg its best to disable AB since it is causing lag (for the clients)?

Not necessarily. You can play with the values and disable for vehicles and stationary guns, and on full auto and reduce the area from default 3000 to something like 2000 or less. If its still an issue disable it. Or just don't place module in a mission or use values from the module in serverconfig.hpp

About the area. What is meant with that? Like in this area AB is used otherwise the normal balistics will kick in?

I'm first trying it without AB and see if there is difference!

Edit:

Now I'm pretty sure that it was AB. Without it it runs smooth as F! ^^

Edited by Moon_chilD

About the area. What is meant with that? Like in this area AB is used otherwise the normal balistics will kick in?
See: http://ace3mod.com/wiki/missionmaker/modules.html#1.1-advanced-ballistics

Both Advanced Ballistics and Wind Deflection are (when enabled) calculated on every client for every projectile that is fired within a radius of (by default) 3000m around the client player.

I'm first trying it without AB and see if there is difference!
That's probably the best way to nail your problem down. But it is very unlikely that the default module options of either advanced ballistics or wind deflection are causing stuttering.

If you want more help, join our public slack.

fixVanillaDamage = ['VanillaFixDamage','Fix Vanilla Damage','',{player setDamage 0},{_target == player},{}] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;
[player, 1, ["ACE_SelfActions"], fixVanillaDamage] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToClass;

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/addons/interact_menu/functions/fnc_createAction.sqf

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/addons/interact_menu/functions/fnc_addActionToClass.sqf

Not tested but should work.

thanks so much dude! had a minor adjustment, needed to be typeof player

// ACE Interaction Options
VanillaDamageFix = ['VanillaDamageFix','Fix Vanilla Damage','',{player setDamage 0},{_target == player},{}] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;
[typeof player, 1, ["ACE_SelfActions"], VanillaDamageFix] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToClass;

So, again, what changed with the medical system from the last patch? Before it, I had my players going unconscious and pretty much no matter what hit them, they always went unconscious. I always had AI just die but I still experienced the invincible bug. Now I'm seeing my players sort of die or live almost randomly. Sometimes a frag kills them, sometimes its a severe wound and they go unconscious. Bullets almost always put the player unconscious but they pop out of it and then get shot some more and die immediately. Its operating very strange and I would like to know if anyone else is seeing this. Would really prefer to have players go unconscious 100% of the time if possible.

Guys I am still unclear about where I have to make settings. I've seen there's descriptions in:

http://ace3mod.com/wiki/missionmaker/modules.html#1.1-advanced-ballistics

...and there's a config file here: c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@ace\optionals\userconfig\

... which I may have to copy to a3\userconfig\ace\ (Just a guess)

But where are the settings?

I want to enable advanced ballistics and disable ace_weather.

Go in the editor, place modules (F7 iirc) you require. You don't need the userconfig unless you're doing server configuration.

So, again, what changed with the medical system from the last patch? Before it, I had my players going unconscious and pretty much no matter what hit them, they always went unconscious. I always had AI just die but I still experienced the invincible bug. Now I'm seeing my players sort of die or live almost randomly. Sometimes a frag kills them, sometimes its a severe wound and they go unconscious. Bullets almost always put the player unconscious but they pop out of it and then get shot some more and die immediately. Its operating very strange and I would like to know if anyone else is seeing this. Would really prefer to have players go unconscious 100% of the time if possible.

Also for the love of god can someone tell me how to get Medical buildings to work. I've got it set so Medic can use PAK at medical building. My medics don't get an option to do a full heal anywhere and I'm using medical tents synced to the module. WTF am I doing wrong?

Hello there!

First of all, nice to see this legend continue :)

I have a quick question. Forgive me if it has already been asked, if it's stupid or the wrong place, but I haven't read the whole thread (exams coming up and therefor I only have very limited time for gaming right now), I always use TPWs addons, but it's conflicting with ACE. When you hit an enemy with his ragdoll mod on, it will get stuck to the ground meaning, the AI (or youself) can't be healed, can't get up or move anymore. The same thing happened back in AGM days, but the solution from back then doesn't work here. (deleting of a .PBO in his mod). So my question would actually be: can I delete some PBOs in ACE to get it working again? If so, which ones?

thanks for your work guys!

Also for the love of god can someone tell me how to get Medical buildings to work. I've got it set so Medic can use PAK at medical building. My medics don't get an option to do a full heal anywhere and I'm using medical tents synced to the module. WTF am I doing wrong?

Quick way: place the module Medical Facility, place an empty object (cars, structures, or anything) and sync together.

That's literally what I said I did. Its a warfare field hospital with the module synced to it. Medic doesn't get the PAK option.

I have also failed to get said module working by doing the same thing. The documentation for separate medical vehicle/building modules read exactly the same but neither seem to work, are there any dependencies?

Sorry if this has been asked, I tried to read as much of this forum as I could.

I would like to add (specific) wounds to units that spawned with a script. Is there a command line/function to add a wound to a unit?

In CSE there was a line that I used to add a wound.

[arguments] call cse_fnc_addOpenWounds_CMS;

I tried to read the github scripts/functions, but i cant figure out how to use the script snippets.. Can anyone offer some advice?

I'm currently working on converting one of my missions from AGM to ACE3 compatibility. There's a few key objects that are used as objectives that need to be able to be dragged/carried and loaded into vehicles.

Previously, I had used the AGM system to accomplish this: "[this, false] call AGM_Drag_fnc_makeDraggable;"

I poked around and found this: https ://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/documentation/framework/carry-drag.md

but I'm not too sure how to assign this config value to an object.

Does ACE3 have a similar function?

• Like 1