acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

ace wiki: All changes of ACE3 AI are config based to ensure full compatibility with advanced AI modifications like ASR AI. <-- but still not compatible with mods like ASR ai?

The picture in picture scopes are located in the misc ACE box, theres (A)RCO, MOS, LRPS versions..unlike RHS where the scope part is rendered in PiP, the ACE ones render the peripheral vision in PiP which causes for better performance but arguably less pretty. (I prefer ACE's method of PiP scopes though).

Kind regards,

Sanchez

How does atropine work in ACE? Because a single injection dropped my heart rate to 35.

ace wiki: All changes of ACE3 AI are config based to ensure full compatibility with advanced AI modifications like ASR AI. <-- but still not compatible with mods like ASR ai?

Is this a question or a statement? :)

Not true - there's LRPS (PIP), ARCO (PIP) RCO (PIP) etc etc

They're in the ACE Misc Items Box

classes:

ACE_optic_Hamr_PIP

ACE_optic_LRPS_PIP

and so on

I apologize, the pic from a few pages ago misled me.

When settings are forced, (force=1) on the server - they do not show up in client configurations. They are on, but they just do not show in the configuration. They are, in fact, working - but a client cannot change them hence they do not appear in the menu.

I wonder what happens if the server-userconfig has force=1 on all the settings and the mission-config has force=1 for all the settings? http://ace3mod.com/wiki/framework/settings.html just says something about the load order, but not if that's related to the force-setting.

I apologize, the pic from a few pages ago misled me.

No need to apologise mate - we all make mistakes :)

I wonder what happens if the server-userconfig has force=1 on all the settings and the mission-config has force=1 for all the settings? http://ace3mod.com/wiki/framework/settings.html just says something about the load order, but not if that's related to the force-setting.

It will not use the configurations after the first level that has that setting forced. For example if I force ace_medical_level in the serverconfig on my server, I will not be able to adjust that anymore in any of the missions regardless of module settings or mission config additions.

@Ruthberg

I've got a team mate that has used the Kestrel 4500NV and says that the tailwinds are given in negative values, and also the crosswinds when coming from left.

I have seen a reference on the manual, page 13, http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0084/9012/t/1/assets/K4500_Instruction_Manual_English.pdf

Note: Tailwinds are displayed as negative values on the Headwind screen. The full value wind speed and

direction are displayed below the Crosswind or Headwind for reference.

Are you aware of this? Any comments?

Thanks in advance!

So the AtragMX is nice, and I assume the compatibility addons add compatibility in some ways..but how are you actually supposed to use the ballistics calculator if you have e.g. CUP or HLC installed?

For example, there are already 4-5 presets for 7.62mm guns installed, how would one know which one you're using? The L115A1 shoots 5rnd Lapua Magnum bullets, but there are 3 entries, two of them being primarily the same except the weight changed..

How would one find out the proper bullet velocity for the M24 for instance? I doubt IRL information is going to help much since there are a lot of little variations.

I can only assume this is still WIP and that in the future, you'd be able to get more info on different available ammo. Am I about right?

Kind regards,

Sanchez

ahhh...what?

Yeah sorry this a good while ago in this thread I took forever to reply, I quoted that out of context. Basically the Paladin M109A6 "BIG BROTHER" Soul assassin and Noubernou Is now in the game since its physics are fixed and it no longer falls over. Back at the alpha of Arma3 Noubernou posted some vids online tracking arty shells with proper ballistics. It would be great too see the old arty system, Shells, FCS and collimator all back in with this new Collab. Obviously a lot of work but Arma3 currently has no First Person realism based artillery systems, would be amazing to see it added to the WIP list.

Yeah sorry this a good while ago in this thread I took forever to reply, I quoted that out of context. Basically the Paladin M109A6 "BIG BROTHER" Soul assassin and Noubernou Is now in the game since its physics are fixed and it no longer falls over. Back at the alpha of Arma3 Noubernou posted some vids online tracking arty shells with proper ballistics. It would be great too see the old arty system, Shells, FCS and collimator all back in with this new Collab. Obviously a lot of work but Arma3 currently has no First Person realism based artillery systems, would be amazing to see it added to the WIP list.

The M109A6 right now isn't an RHS or ACE project. It is being worked on independently still.

Other artillery stuff is going to make it into ACE though.

I keep hearing people in the community complaining that ACE3 is buggy, unoptimized, and insecure. Can anyone elaborate on this? When ever I ask for examples, they never give any. I am working on bringing in some Linux programmers to debug the C/C++ code in the project so examples of areas that need work would be helpful.

True, but you have to have everything set to 'off' if you want to modify weather setting on the fly using Zeus or MCC. At least on non-dedicated server.

Thanks guys. And that means: I will use serverconfig.hpp (which I have seen under "optional" folder) and put it to an appropriate place in [a3]\userconfig\?

@Ruthberg, the question for me is: does advanced ballistics/wind deflection module react on real weather which has been set with setwind [array]? Because my guess is, it works on basis of ace internal wind variables. And if they are not in use I reckon there will be no wind deflection in the biggest storm. True or false?

Edited by tortuosit

I'm still having the problem when Prevent Instant Death is enabled that the AI can become invincible. I do not see this under the "known issues" but I have seen other people mention this already. Is this going to be fixed or fixed already and I just don't know how to fix it?

Yeah I can confirm that the Ai is still invincible with prevent instant death is enabled. Testing continues.

FPS improvements across the board are great ACE team !!

Edited by Opsixdelta

I keep hearing people in the community complaining that ACE3 is buggy, unoptimized, and insecure. Can anyone elaborate on this? When ever I ask for examples, they never give any. I am working on bringing in some Linux programmers to debug the C/C++ code in the project so examples of areas that need work would be helpful.

Our extensions already cross compile, they just aren't needed server side yet...not sure what you are trying to suggest here.

I'm still not able to get the ace_server.pbo to work on my dedicated server. I've tried running it either through -mods= and -serverMods= commands for the server, the pbo just prevents the mission from loading on the server. Removing the pbo makes the mission/server load up normally. Does the server require the userconfig or something for it to work? Also, the ace_server.pbo does not have a bisign with it. Is that intentional?

Our extensions already cross compile, they just aren't needed server side yet...not sure what you are trying to suggest here.

um that is not what I meant. The Linux community has some of the best C/C++ and Python coders there are. I figured they could take a look at the code and optimize, bug fix, and secure it.

I'm still not able to get the ace_server.pbo to work on my dedicated server. I've tried running it either through -mods= and -serverMods= commands for the server, the pbo just prevents the mission from loading on the server. Removing the pbo makes the mission/server load up normally. Does the server require the userconfig or something for it to work? Also, the ace_server.pbo does not have a bisign with it. Is that intentional?

Yes it requires the userconfig - that's literally all that pbo does, is load the userconfig

Does the server require the userconfig or something for it to work? Also, the ace_server.pbo does not have a bisign with it. Is that intentional?

Yes it does require serverconfig.hpp which you can generate in SP editor. It does not need signature it is meant to be ran as -servermod= not by clients.

http://ace3mod.com/wiki/framework/settings.html#3.-how-do-i-use-them%3F

Edit: Ninja'd

Which rifles or scopes are adjustable for windage and elevation ace style?

I don't mean the 100m/200m increments either...

Add pulling bodies out of the car:

dea = false; this addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {if ((_this select 2)>0 && {!dea} && {{ if(lifeState _x != "HEALTHY") exitWith {1};} count crew (_this select 0) > 0}) then {dim_add_1=(_this select 0) addAction ['<t color="#FF0000">Ð’Ñ‹Ñ‚Ñнуть трупы</t>',{ {if (lifeState _x != "HEALTHY") then {_pos =(getposatl _x); _pos set [2,0]; _x setposatl _pos;sleep 2}} forEach crew (_this select 0);(_this select 0) removeAction dim_add_1;dea = false;},0,1,false,true,"",""];dea = true;};}];

Which rifles or scopes are adjustable for windage and elevation ace style?

I don't mean the 100m/200m increments either...

LRPS, SOS, DMS, AMS, Khalia.

---------- Post added at 08:08 ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 ----------

@Ruthberg, the question for me is: does advanced ballistics/wind deflection module react on real weather which has been set with setwind [array]? Because my guess is, it works on basis of ace internal wind variables. And if they are not in use I reckon there will be no wind deflection in the biggest storm. True or false?
It will still work (at least in singleplayer). Unless you remove the PBO.

---------- Post added at 08:17 ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 ----------

@Ruthberg

I've got a team mate that has used the Kestrel 4500NV and says that the tailwinds are given in negative values, and also the crosswinds when coming from left.

I have seen a reference on the manual, page 13, http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0084/9012/t/1/assets/K4500_Instruction_Manual_English.pdf

Are you aware of this? Any comments?

Thanks in advance!

You are right! Tailwinds should be displayed as negative values on the Headwind screen. I will change it accordingly. Crosswinds however are always displayed as positive values.

Fixed: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/pull/1333

Edited by Ruthberg