acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

I am not at home to try it. But does BFT need to be actually set to false or something in the BFT module to actually disable it. I am not sure if just removing the module is actually removing BFT from running. Again sorry not at home so don't have access to the game right now. Just a thought.

Sorry - "BFT" ?

Can someone decode that TLA for me ?

BFT = Blue Force Tracker - My guess.

I am not at home to try it. But does BFT need to be actually set to false or something in the BFT module to actually disable it. I am not sure if just removing the module is actually removing BFT from running. Again sorry not at home so don't have access to the game right now. Just a thought.

As I confirmed, it seems BFT has nothing to do with it. When I tested it if you don't place the module you don't get BFT. Regardless of that I get the FPS drop, even when using no modules at all.

Understood. I can confirm that my 5 person coop group is experiencing the issue as well. The only way we were able to solve it in the short term was that i am hosting our missions from my second PC. While i remote in on my primary PC with the rest of my team. We only experience the fps drop on the machine hosting the missions. Its def inconvenient and i am hoping for a fix at some point as its a pain to have two computers with our mission sets and mods and blah blah. But yeah experiencing the same issue. The host machine starts off fine averaging about 30fps. Then over the course of about 15 min of game time (usually by the time we grab our load outs and do a briefing) the host machine is only getting 7-8 fps. The mission previously would run around 30fps consistently before ACE. So yeah there is some issue here. Still looking into it ourselves.

There's nothing different about the Comanche gunner's optic apart from most of the zoom levels being ground stabilized. Were you expecting something different?

Understood. I can confirm that my 5 person coop group is experiencing the issue as well. The only way we were able to solve it in the short term was that i am hosting our missions from my second PC. While i remote in on my primary PC with the rest of my team. We only experience the fps drop on the machine hosting the missions. Its def inconvenient and i am hoping for a fix at some point as its a pain to have two computers with our mission sets and mods and blah blah. But yeah experiencing the same issue. The host machine starts off fine averaging about 30fps. Then over the course of about 15 min of game time (usually by the time we grab our load outs and do a briefing) the host machine is only getting 7-8 fps. The mission previously would run around 30fps consistently before ACE. So yeah there is some issue here. Still looking into it ourselves.

That's not something that should be considered "inconvenient" its a game breaking issue. If a server drops to 7-8fps and all the clients are still running normally, functions the server carries out will all run extremely slowly and cause severe lag. I find it weird no one else has reported it yet, either we're doing something wrong or everyone on here is playing in SP.

As I confirmed, it seems BFT has nothing to do with it. When I tested it if you don't place the module you don't get BFT. Regardless of that I get the FPS drop, even when using no modules at all.

OK, there's probably something leaking on non-dedicated servers. TBH we don't usually test that setup very much, so it's very possible some bug sneaked by. If you want to help pinpoint this a great way is reproing with different amount of ace pbos. That's an easy (although time consuming) way of determining which piece of code is creating the problem, which we can then analize in detail.

Could you do that and report back?

OK, there's probably something leaking on non-dedicated servers. TBH we don't usually test that setup very much, so it's very possible some bug sneaked by. If you want to help pinpoint this a great way is reproing with different amount of ace pbos. That's an easy (although time consuming) way of determining which piece of code is creating the problem, which we can then analize in detail.

Would be happy to. Any ideas what pbos to start with?

Not sure if any one has already suggested this but maybe instead of the wire cutters being a item inside you inventory, it could be in the launcher slot.

Love the mod continue the great work.

I have the time tonight esteldunedain tonight to go through each pbo and see if it improves the mission i have that was consistently having the fps issue. I will make sure to document all tests. Thanks !

How do you detonate multiple explosives with 1 trigger?

You can attach multiple explosives to the same trigger, but you can't detonate them all at the same time yet.

There's a system in the works that will allow this, it might be in the next feature release.

You can attach multiple explosives to the same trigger, but you can't detonate them all at the same time yet.

There's a system in the works that will allow this, it might be in the next feature release.

ETA on that?

ETA on that?

When its done. They are many issues they are working on for the next release. Go on their GitHub and you can track the progress of the next release.

I am still going through individual PBOs and testing but one thing i can confirm is that by placing the ACE BFT Module in my mission, and setting the Condition of Presence = FALSE, instead of its default TRUE. There was a noticeable FPS increase on the machine hosting the mission. Where before the Host Computer would bog down to 8FPS, the Host Computer with this module set as false was averaging about 24 FPS which is definitely playable.

It may not be the silver bullet to take care of the FPS issue but I do think that setting the BFT Module to False improved the mission FPS on the host computer from my testing.

Hi a new tuto for customize the menú of interaction in spanish but it is understandable (sorry my ENG XD)

Hola un tutorial para personalizar el menú de ACE , algo que viene muy bien a muchos, en especial si usáis Track IR!

BYTES!!!

Hi a new tuto for customize the menú of interaction in spanish but it is understandable (sorry my ENG XD)

Hola un tutorial para personalizar el menú de ACE , algo que viene muy bien a muchos, en especial si usáis Track IR!

[/url]

BYTES!!!

Muchos espanos, but stick to english only on this section of the forums...I would say there is specific language sections on the forums you could go to, but I can't find them so I don't think they're here after all..

Edited by PhonicStudios

[/url]

BYTES!!!

English please on these forums:

§13) Write in English

Please write only in English on the public forums. Avoid writing in any other language or any kind of slang or txt speak since the majority of the members most likely won't understand. In private messages you are of course welcome to write in any language you wish.

I´ve just found an expected bug/or missing feature: play RHS showcase by CyrilFiggis (which is a RHS replacement on vanilla showcase), just noticed that even being an EOD and having a Defusal kit, I can´t disarm the sea mines cus the interaction is disabled underwater or while swimming =P

Or just an engine limitation?

cheers!

I have 2 weird new bugs, which were not present when I installed ace.

Dragging stopped working. So i can not drag anyone. The animation starts, and my character gets into the dragging pose, but then can not move. I can rotate it, but not move backwards.

Also, PIP scopes stopped working. They behave like regular 2D scopes now.

Any ideas why that happened?

I have the time tonight esteldunedain tonight to go through each pbo and see if it improves the mission i have that was consistently having the fps issue. I will make sure to document all tests. Thanks !

@Opsixdelta, yesterday @EddiePrice helped us track down the cause of the fps degradation he was observing. In that particular case it was due to AI unit standing to close to Campfires! (https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/1297). There's already a patch to fix that behaviour.

The BFT bug is already solved on master and will be fixed on the incoming hotfixed version.

I might have missed putting some module or something else, but when I zipped tied some civilians and I exscorted them I couldn't put them into a helicopter. I'm pretty sure it was feature of AGM so I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong or is it ACE that doesn't have it yet. Other then that great work!