acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

We've got a mission currently running 24hx7 for instruction purpouses, and haven't seen any lags, framedrops, or any problem apart from the "official" bugs posted (AI invincible, revive system not working, etc) in a 4hour game session.

We will have a training on wednesday related to ACE3 in this same setup, with arround 10-20 players, and I will report if we notice anything else.

But so far, for me ACE3 is the best addon in terms of performance and stability so far.

Sure but maybe I'm missing something, like an optional pbo file as I'm running RHS as well. Plus you're more than likely using a dedicated server and I'm hosting locally. Others have got the same issue when hosting so its not just me.

Is anyone else experiencing massive FPS drops when hosting ACE multiplayer sessions? I've just tried to host some local games and my FPS, which is normally around 80, drops to 30 on game start and then continues to drop to about 4fps.

Done some testing and its definitely ACE causing this. Tried with and without modules, seems to make no difference, only when turning ACE off in my mod line does it fix the issue.

Yes we have noticed about a 20- 25 fps frame drop consistently with ALL of our missions When hosted locally. The host is the only one that gets the FPS drop. The host goes from about 40fps to about 8fps. Rendering it unplayable. Remove ace and the problem disappears. In terms of modules we are really only running the medical module with litter set to low, so i am not sure how to solve.

Yes we have noticed about a 20- 25 fps frame drop consistently with ALL of our missions. The host is the only one that gets the FPS drop. The host goes froma bout 40fps to about 8fps. Rendering it unplayable. Remove ace and the problem disappears.

Yep this is exactly what we're experiencing, normal fps to 3-4fps over about 5 minutes. Doesn't happen in SP with ACE, seems to be limited to hosting MP as the other clients don't have the issue.

Is there any guide on how to activate/use the self laser targeting feature (gunner turret) while piloting a gunship helicopter (like in the

)?

This is from the Armaholic ACE3 link description: "Comanche: "My missiles wont lock" - Self interact, laser designator on, self laser target. Or have someone else laser"

When I press ctrl+interaction key -> I don't have any "laser designator" option there. Also when I take a sit in the gunner place the turret camera appears different than that in the ACE3 showcase/trailer (it's still the old vanilla one)

Edited by helldesign

---------- Post added at 08:51 ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 ----------

[/color]

Thank you for kind words. That's a bug and it has already been fixed. Expect a hotfix soon.

---------- Post added at 08:52 ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 ----------

OH NICE ! thanks for the update appreciate it !

I am having some huge gamebreaking bugs.

1. enemy Ai takes 1000x too long to kill. Like, 50-100 MMG (7.62mm) round.

2. whenever I get hit the screen shakes severely

3. whenever I get hit my character ignores my commands, runs about 3 meters forward and jumps to the ground

4. whenever I get hit there's serious ragdoll bugs

5. dead enemies have serious problems with ragdoll physics

6. I get HUGE lags when accessing the ACE menu

This sounds like you may have additional conflicting addons. #1 is fixed in latest dev; the rest sound like conflicting mods.

When ACE is enabled I can't run Altis Benchmark(Helo) correctly. There is some strange issue and I get a first person view. Can you fix this?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?151794-ArmA3Mark-Benchmark-your-ArmA-3

I'm not sure what your asking? For us to change ACE to be compatible with a benchmark mission? Sorry, the maker of that mission is going to need to investigate this - as we do not handle one-off addon/mission compat. It is up for those makers to be compatible with us.

---------- Post added at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

Is anyone else experiencing massive FPS drops when hosting ACE multiplayer sessions? I've just tried to host some local games and my FPS, which is normally around 80, drops to 30 on game start and then continues to drop to about 4fps.

Done some testing and its definitely ACE causing this. Tried with and without modules, seems to make no difference, only when turning ACE off in my mod line does it fix the issue.

Disable BFT

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

Is there any guide on how to activate/use the self laser targeting feature (gunner turret) while piloting a gunship helicopter (like in the
)?

This is from the Armaholic ACE3 link description: "Comanche: "My missiles wont lock" - Self interact, laser designator on, self laser target. Or have someone else laser"

When I press ctrl+interaction key -> I don't have any "laser designator" option there. Also when I take a sit in the gunner place the turret camera appears different than that in the ACE3 showcase/trailer (it's still the old vanilla one)

This sounds like you are not using the comanche then; I assume this is a 3rd party helicopter which needs to become ACE compatible.

Disable BFT

I take it BFT is enabled by default then? How do I turn it off via the module? Seems I can only change the interval. Thanks for your help.

I've found out yesterday that even without compatibility RHS' .50cals work on and off. Majority of the time they don't seem to kill or even deal damage.

Hotfix for unkillable AI coming in the next couple days or should I look at doing an ACE build from the github?

Hotfix for unkillable AI coming in the next couple days or should I look at doing an ACE build from the github?

want to know this too.

Hey guys, do you know if the revive system works yet ?

I placed the module but no luck for me

This sounds like you are not using the comanche then; I assume this is a 3rd party helicopter which needs to become ACE compatible.

I tried with only Ace3 (3.0.0) and CBA (last r6 hotfix) enabled. This is my arma 3 init line:

-noLogs -cpuCount=4 exThreads=7 -maxmem=2047 -maxvram=900 -nosplash -skipIntro -noPause -world=empty -high -malloc=tbbmalloc -winxp -mod=@CBA_A3;@ace

Placed 2 empty Comanches (with Zeus) - one RAH-66 Comanche and one ACE_Comanche_Test. Both turret cameras look like that:

RAH-66 Comanche (279 kB)

ACE_Comanche_Test (279 kB)

Also I don't have option for "laser designation" from the self-interaction menu (not sure if it's suppose to be there):

self-interaction menu (343 kB)

BTW I didn't place any ace modules on the map. Should I do it?

Edited by helldesign

Sure but maybe I'm missing something, like an optional pbo file as I'm running RHS as well. Plus you're more than likely using a dedicated server and I'm hosting locally. Others have got the same issue when hosting so its not just me.

For making the mission I have to host it locally (well, more like to edit it which is more less the same, unless I'm wrong) to debug.

Though it is only for a few minutes, but I haven't seen any FPS drops.

I use RHS, RH and ASD Joint Rails compat pbos, and all the official ones.

And I'm using almost all the features of ACE, including advanced medical and advanced Ballistics.

---------- Post added at 16:40 ---------- Previous post was at 16:37 ----------

I tried with only Ace3 (3.0.0) and CBA (last r6 hotfix) enabled. This is my arma 3 init line:

-noLogs -cpuCount=4 exThreads=7 -maxmem=2047 -maxvram=900 -nosplash -skipIntro -noPause -world=empty -high -malloc=tbbmalloc -winxp -mod=@CBA_A3;@ace

Placed 2 empty Comanches (with Zeus) - one RAH-66 Comanche and one ACE_Comanche_Test. Both turret cameras look like that:

RAH-66 Comanche (279 kB)

ACE_Comanche_Test (279 kB)

Also I don't have option for "laser designation" from the self-interaction menu (not sure if it's suppose to be there):

self-interaction menu (343 kB)

BTW I didn't place any ace modules on the map. Should I do it?

It is the interaction menu, not the self one.

Just to confirm disabling BFT, by deleting the module, does not fix the FPS issue I and others are getting. I assumed when you said "disable BFT" if meant this feature was enabled by default. Even when the mod is ran without any modules, the FPS drop comes in after a minute or so, then continues to drop until the game is unplayable.

It is the interaction menu, not the self one.

Okay, I see now the Designator option. Thank you.

The turret camera is still the vanilla one, though...

Okay, I see now the Designator option. Thank you.

The turret camera is still the vanilla one, though...

Nope, it is modified by KIMI. Different weapons and ammo capacities, and a stabilized camera (you have to at least make one zoom in in order for this to work).

Hey ACE Devs thanks for taking the time to answer some questions from users even though it sounds like your crazy busy with the hot fix and next ACE update. Question for you or any other users out there.

When ever i jump in a RHS helo, the helicopter will jerk or bounce for a moment and then is usually damaged (eng, rotor) and i get slightly injured. I was curious if this was an ACE issue OR MORE LIKELY that RHS isn't ACE compatible yet ? Just curious.

Also... holy hell. I notice that crashing helicopters now even if it explodes i have time to escape.... did you guys do that ? IF so that is AWESOME. I crashed a helo in a mission last night and the helo even rolled over and exploded but i LIVED. i was shocked. Very cool.

Hey ACE Devs thanks for taking the time to answer some questions from users even though it sounds like your crazy busy with the hot fix and next ACE update. Question for you or any other users out there.

When ever i jump in a RHS helo, the helicopter will jerk or bounce for a moment and then is usually damaged (eng, rotor) and i get slightly injured. I was curious if this was an ACE issue OR MORE LIKELY that RHS isn't ACE compatible yet ? Just curious.

Also... holy hell. I notice that crashing helicopters now even if it explodes i have time to escape.... did you guys do that ? IF so that is AWESOME. I crashed a helo in a mission last night and the helo even rolled over and exploded but i LIVED. i was shocked. Very cool.

I would say that's from RHS, as it is happening to me too, and I do not have ACE loaded in that mission.

I would say that's from RHS, as it is happening to me too, and I do not have ACE loaded in that mission.

Ah very interesting ... yeah sounds like an RHS thing. Thanks Zriel !

Nope, it is modified by KIMI. Different weapons and ammo capacities, and a stabilized camera (you have to at least make one zoom in in order for this to work).

(restarted the game)

Zooming in to the max: my turret (you can see at the top only @cba and @ace are the only mods)

Doesn't look like the Kimi's display: ace turret

Maybe something is messed up with my game installation or the downloaded mods... not sure

Thanks Zriel

Hi ACE-Devs,

i tried to build my own build out of the GitHub source code, but the make.py always says something like "Failed to determine COMMIT ID".

Please tell me how i can fix this or release a hotfix for the medic module, cause it's an primary function of ACE.

Hi ACE-Devs,

i tried to build my own build out of the GitHub source code, but the make.py always says something like "Failed to determine COMMIT ID".

Please tell me how i can fix this or release a hotfix for the medic module, cause it's an primary function of ACE.

Thats not how all this works. A hot fix will be released when they are ready to release it. Until then... have patience or don't use ACE until the hot fix is released. Arma 3 has been around for awhile now without ACE. You should be able to chill till then.

(restarted the game)

Zooming in to the max: my turret (you can see at the top only @cba and @ace are the only mods)

Doesn't look like the Kimi's display: ace turret

Maybe something is messed up with my game installation or the downloaded mods... not sure

Thanks Zriel

Updated video. You can see it is correct. It also explains how it works, and other usefull information for ACE too.

Updated video. You can see it is correct. It also explains how it works, and other usefull information for ACE too.

Thank you!

Just to confirm disabling BFT, by deleting the module, does not fix the FPS issue I and others are getting. I assumed when you said "disable BFT" if meant this feature was enabled by default. Even when the mod is ran without any modules, the FPS drop comes in after a minute or so, then continues to drop until the game is unplayable.

I've just tried this too and got the same result (a steady drop in FPS until the mission was unplayable. With or without the BFT module I experienced the same result. Even tried setting the BFT interval to 30 and 60 seconds with no joy. It can't be the route cause as I only had one BLUFOR squad on the map...